2020 General Election

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:36 pm Stupid donks ruining their mail in ballots truing to “sanitize them’. Hopefully these morons exist in the swing states also.. :dunce: :lol: :rofl:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/stop-d ... ficals-say
$20 says those are the same people that sanitized their groceries at the start of the pandemic.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:07 am
If you want to talk about voter fraud and dumb people, then look no further tothe California Republicans who tried to prove voter fraud....by committing it. They feel there's nothing wrong with a political party collecting ballots. Oh...and we're supposed to trust that they'll deliver those ballots..all of them.
Republicans have been accused of setting up fake 'official' ballot drop-off boxes in California which state officials say are illegal.

Metal boxes have been set up across southern California accompanied by signs which read, 'Official ballot drop off box'.

The State's GOP has been urging voters to use the boxes to post their mail-in ballots, at locations which include smog checks and gas stations.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ornia.html
Technically, isn't ballot harvesting (i.e. a person, potentially affiliated with a political party but not necessarily so, gathering ballots from voters and then submitting them to be counted) still legal in California? No comment on what the GOP is doing there in CA, I haven't seen the details, although it sounds dubious if they're trying to copy the officially sanctioned state boxes or not identifying who they are in setting up these boxes, but there's nothing technically wrong in CA about collecting other people's ballots and turning them in. I think there's a good argument to be made that ballot harvesting shouldn't be legal, but if either or both parties think they can use it to their advantage then it will stay legal, ethics be damned.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:56 am
If you want to talk about voter fraud and dumb people, then look no further tothe California Republicans who tried to prove voter fraud....by committing it. They feel there's nothing wrong with a political party collecting ballots. Oh...and we're supposed to trust that they'll deliver those ballots..all of them.

Technically, isn't ballot harvesting (i.e. a person, potentially affiliated with a political party but not necessarily so, gathering ballots from voters and then submitting them to be counted) still legal in California? No comment on what the GOP is doing there in CA, I haven't seen the details, although it sounds dubious if they're trying to copy the officially sanctioned state boxes or not identifying who they are in setting up these boxes, but there's nothing technically wrong in CA about collecting other people's ballots and turning them in. I think there's a good argument to be made that ballot harvesting shouldn't be legal, but if either or both parties think they can use it to their advantage then it will stay legal, ethics be damned.
So it is legal and has been expanded in CA. It requires an in person hand off and a witness signature not a drop off. Still, I'm not handing over my ballot to some rando from a political party and trusting them to deliver my vote.

Besides, Trump said harvesting is dangerous. Why are these Republicans not following the directive from the leader of their party?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ballot-har ... ned-rules/
Last week at the Republican convention, President Trump told a cautionary story about a program that may be unfamiliar to many voters.

"In North Carolina, you had a fine pastor. A fine man. And they got him on harvesting," Mr. Trump said. "They wanted to put him in jail. And now they want to make it all so that everybody can harvest."

It's also interesting to note what occurred earlier this year.
The California Republican Party is suing Governor Gavin Newsom to prohibit the practice of ballot collecting or "ballot harvesting" during two upcoming special elections in the state, arguing it stands "in direct conflict" with social distancing guidelines and Newsom's shelter-in-place mandate to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california ... g-lawsuit/
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:56 am

Correct. Ballot harvesting is legal here. It shouldn't be.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:07 am https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... fraud-rate
Minnesota’s plan to accept mail-in ballots until a week after Election Day survived another Republican challenge when a federal judge ruled that GOP claims of potential fraud don’t hold up to evidence -- the rate of voter fraud in the state is just 0.000004% since 1979.
.000004% of discovered, proven voter fraud. However, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I posted this back in 2014 and 2015.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43442&p=984430&hil ... ud#p984430
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:10 pm
.000004% of discovered, proven voter fraud. However, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I posted this back in 2014 and 2015.
So you're going to hang your hat on all the unknown and unproven voter fraud? Tying to prove a negative, eh...?

No one has suggested that voter fraud doesn't exist. It's suggested and evidenced that the known fraud is so minuscule that it barely even registers. Republicans are trying to prove that voter fraud is such a great problem but the evidence isn't there to back it up. Is that because voter fraud ISN'T a big issue or that it's executed so well across 50 states and that it can't be verified from the legitimate voters (and their votes)?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:06 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:10 pm

So you're going to hang your hat on all the unknown and unproven voter fraud? Tying to prove a negative, eh...?

No one has suggested that voter fraud doesn't exist. It's suggested and evidenced that the known fraud is so minuscule that it barely even registers. Republicans are trying to prove that voter fraud is such a great problem but the evidence isn't there to back it up. Is that because voter fraud ISN'T a big issue or that it's executed so well across 50 states and that it can't be verified from the legitimate voters (and their votes)?
I'm pretty sure JSO has. Therefore you are just as wrong as JSO on this issue. :mrgreen:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:08 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:36 pm Stupid donks ruining their mail in ballots truing to “sanitize them’. Hopefully these morons exist in the swing states also.. :dunce: :lol: :rofl:
$20 says those are the same people that sanitized their groceries at the start of the pandemic.
You know, while CDC does not say to sanitize your groceries, it does say "After unpacking groceries, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol."

That's from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... vices.html.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, with respect to which side is more stupid with respect to this COVID-19 thing, it's pretty clearly the Republican/Conservative side. That's a shame, but it is what it is. This country is suffering greatly right now because Conservatives in general and Republicans in particular are acting like a bunch of idiots buying internet misinformation and conspiracy theories.
Could I ever be a star?

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:59 pm

You know, while CDC does not say to sanitize your groceries, it does say "After unpacking groceries, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol."

Thank you, Aunt Karen.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:01 pm BTW, with respect to which side is more stupid with respect to this COVID-19 thing, it's pretty clearly the Republican/Conservative side. That's a shame, but it is what it is. This country is suffering greatly right now because Conservatives in general and Republicans in particular are acting like a bunch of idiots buying internet misinformation and conspiracy theories.
This sounds like a theory of conspiracy.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :notworthy:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:06 pm

I'm pretty sure JSO has. Therefore you are just as wrong as JSO on this issue. :mrgreen:
Well are we shocked that JSO is wrong? It does exist. The level of voter fraud and it's impact is the question. :twocents:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Yes - we sanitize when we leave a store and get in the car. COVID or not, that might just be practical considering how many nasty people there are out in the world, touching things that i'll touch.

I'm not going to rinse off every apple, box of cereal, bag of coffee, etc....
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Fuck Bandl’s dog!

1). So far this morning I’ve learned that Obama, Biden, and Bin Laden (still alive) killed off Seal Team Six according to a retweet by the President of the United States.

2). This line is actually a part of a real news story and about a group that an (about to be elected) US congresswoman openly supports...

“QAnon is a baseless pro-Trump conspiracy theory that falsely believes elites and Democrats are running an underground child prostitution ring and eating babies.”

We still have three weeks plus 2 months of election results to dispute.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:44 am Fuck Bandl’s dog!

1). So far this morning I’ve learned that Obama, Biden, and Bin Laden (still alive) killed off Seal Team Six according to a retweet by the President of the United States.

2). This line is actually a part of a real news story and about a group that an (about to be elected) US congresswoman openly supports...

“QAnon is a baseless pro-Trump conspiracy theory that falsely believes elites and Democrats are running an underground child prostitution ring and eating babies.”

Wait....what now? :dunce: :suspicious:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:14 am
kalm wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:44 am Fuck Bandl’s dog!

Wait....what now? :dunce: :suspicious:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haaret ... -1.9232802
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

"Suburban women: Will you please like me?" he asked. "Please. Please. I saved your damn neighborhood, okay? The other thing: I don't have that much time to be that nice. You know, I can do it, but I gotta go quickly. They want me to be politically correct."
https://theweek.com/speedreads/943598/r ... lease-like

Art of the Deal - How To Get Women
Step 1 - grab em by the pussy
Step 2 - beg them
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 am
"Suburban women: Will you please like me?" he asked. "Please. Please. I saved your damn neighborhood, okay? The other thing: I don't have that much time to be that nice. You know, I can do it, but I gotta go quickly. They want me to be politically correct."
https://theweek.com/speedreads/943598/r ... lease-like

Art of the Deal - How To Get Women
Step 1 - grab em by the pussy
Step 2 - beg them
:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is investigating newly released emails that reveal that Hunter Biden introduced his father, former Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at Ukrainian natural gas firm Burisma Holdings in 2015 at Hunter's request.

Committee Chairman Ron Johnson, R-Wis., told Fox News on Wednesday that the committee has been in touch with the person who provided the emails and was in the process of validating the information.

The emails in question were obtained by the New York Post and revealed that Biden’s son introduced the then-vice president to a top executive at Ukrainian natural gas firm Burisma Holdings less than a year before he pressured government officials in Ukraine to fire prosecutor Viktor Shokin, who was investigating the company.

"We regularly speak with individuals who email the committee’s whistleblower account to determine whether we can validate their claims," Johnson told Fox News. "Although we consider those communications to be confidential, because the individual in this instance spoke with the media about his contact with the committee, we can confirm receipt of his email complaint, have been in contact with the whistleblower, and are in the process of validating the information he provided.”

The Post report revealed that Biden, at Hunter’s request, met with Vadym Pozharskyi in April 2015 in Washington, D.C.

The meeting was mentioned in an email of appreciation, according to the Post, that Pozharskyi sent to Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015 — a year after Hunter took on his lucrative position on the board of Burisma.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email read.

An earlier email from May 2014 also showed Pozharskyi, reportedly a top Burisma executive, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf, the Post reported.

The meeting took place less than a year before the former vice president purportedly pressured government officials in Ukraine to fire prosecutor Viktor Shokin.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter ... ive-laptop
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/hunter-bi ... risma-pay/

Yet Joe knew nothing about Hunter's shady business dealings.. :roll:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Facebook now colluding with the Biden campaign trying to censor the NY Post story.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook- ... -campaign/
Other news outlets are now linking the story. Facebook going to censor them to?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 am Facebook now colluding with the Biden campaign trying to censor the NY Post story.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook- ... -campaign/
Other news outlets are now linking the story. Facebook going to censor them to?
Probably. I'm not sure it's collusion. How many anti-Trump articles make their way to Fox? I don't think it's uncommon, unfortunately.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Did the emails come from this guy?

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:50 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:46 am

The difference being that as new info came out the governors changed what they were doing. As opposed to doubling down on their initial mistakes.
Wrong as usual. :ohno:

As stated earlier, these Donk governors issued those orders in late March/early April. The CDC and CMS knew that COVID was highly contagious, older populations were the most vulnerable, AND issued guidelines to protect the elderly. It still didn't stop those governors from issuing the orders. Cuomo didn't rescind his order until May 10th.
The Donald still hasn't. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Thank you, Aunt Karen.
The point is that there is clearly some consideration by the people who actually know what they are talking about of the possibility of risk associated with groceries. Your reaction is yet another example of what the conservative side is rightfully gaining the reputation of being the "stupid" side. I hate the fact that such is happening because I am indeed a conservative. It really pains me to see what's going on.
Could I ever be a star?