Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:17 am

#2). Incorrect. Team Trump and others have won the majority of the cases now that the courts have started to finally hear them.

Here's the running list.

http://wiseenergy.org/Energy/Election/2 ... _Cases.htm
You really need to give it up. All of those cases were decided on their merits. What that site basically does is say that because the GOP side won a majority of a small handful of cases where the filing even passed the laugh test that means there is really SOMETHING there. Nope. There is nothing there.
No. You.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:07 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 pm

You really need to give it up. All of those cases were decided on their merits. What that site basically does is say that because the GOP side won a majority of a small handful of cases where the filing even passed the laugh test that means there is really SOMETHING there. Nope. There is nothing there.
No. You.
:lol: You told him!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:52 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 am
39 are Non merit for things like they're moot, statute wasn't violated, lack of jurisdiction. 39 is more than the 17. Some of those Trump wins are good...like the extended voting in Nevada (but wait...wasn't he complaining about that in Arizona?) or more access for the Poll Watchers.

What's really interesting is that I did my own google search and came across a Politifact page...debunking your link. Epoch Times? C'mon SG. You can't be bringing that Q shit here.

www.politifact.com
:lol: I didn't play for the Boston Red Sox but I count their World Series win as an accomplishment for myself.
:lol: Nice one. You pull a random number out of your heiney, so I provide some context on how Trump and others haven't lost every case. You finally decide to get off your ass and do some research...on the spreadsheet I sent you AND you use PolitiFact as that research.

I see nothing wrong there. :coffee:
I didn't pull a random number. I used an approximation b/c I wasn't sure of the right number.
Out of the 62 lawsuits filed challenging the presidential election, 61 have failed, according to Elias.

Some cases were dismissed for lack of standing and others based on the merits of the voter fraud allegations. The decisions have came from both Democratic-appointed and Republican-appointed judges – including federal judges appointed by Trump.
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 130307001/

Besides - it's you who has nothing. You used bad, biased data that the creators admit includes court cases unrelated to Trump. You gave me fake news. :lol: And instead of defending your poor choice of a source, you dip, duck, dodge, deflect and dodge. Keep up the good work, SG. I'm sure the proof will be made available soon. :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:52 pm

:lol: Nice one. You pull a random number out of your heiney, so I provide some context on how Trump and others haven't lost every case. You finally decide to get off your ass and do some research...on the spreadsheet I sent you AND you use PolitiFact as that research.

I see nothing wrong there. :coffee:
I didn't pull a random number. I used an approximation b/c I wasn't sure of the right number.
Out of the 62 lawsuits filed challenging the presidential election, 61 have failed, according to Elias.

Some cases were dismissed for lack of standing and others based on the merits of the voter fraud allegations. The decisions have came from both Democratic-appointed and Republican-appointed judges – including federal judges appointed by Trump.

Besides - it's you who has nothing. You used bad, biased data that the creators admit includes court cases unrelated to Trump. You gave me fake news. :lol: And instead of defending your poor choice of a source, you dip, duck, dodge, deflect and dodge. Keep up the good work, SG. I'm sure the proof will be made available soon. :kisswink:
Dodgeball quotes never tire. :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Meanwhile, in Fulton County......

Fulton County ballot investigation underscores Republican push for election security
A new investigation into the handling of ballots in Fulton County, Georgia, during the 2020 election has added fresh fuel to the national debate over the need for voting reform.

Georgia’s secretary of state announced on Monday that his office had opened a review of allegations that key documents related to ballot drop boxes in Fulton County had gone missing, prompting a victory lap from some conservatives who have long promoted conspiracy theories about voter fraud in Georgia.

“New revelations that Fulton County is unable to produce all ballot drop box transfer documents will be investigated thoroughly, as we have with other counties that failed to follow Georgia rules and regulations regarding drop boxes,” Brad Raffensperger said Monday. “This cannot continue.”

Georgia allowed the use of ballot drop boxes for the first time in 2020 in order to accommodate public health concerns amid the pandemic. Republican state lawmakers included a permanent authorization for drop boxes in the election reform bill they passed earlier this year; however, Democrats were unhappy with the provision because it reduced the number of boxes permitted from the 2020 levels.

According to the rules governing the emergency use of drop boxes in the last election, anyone collecting ballots from boxes “shall complete and sign a ballot transfer form upon removing the ballots from the drop box, which shall include the date, time, location and number of ballots.”

But Fulton County officials admitted, in response to a public records request, that some of the forms documenting when and how many ballots were removed from various drop boxes had been “misplaced,” prompting the secretary of state’s office to open its investigation.
:coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:51 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 am

Dodgeball quotes never tire. :lol:
+1
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 am Meanwhile, in Fulton County......

Fulton County ballot investigation underscores Republican push for election security
A new investigation into the handling of ballots in Fulton County, Georgia, during the 2020 election has added fresh fuel to the national debate over the need for voting reform.

Georgia’s secretary of state announced on Monday that his office had opened a review of allegations that key documents related to ballot drop boxes in Fulton County had gone missing, prompting a victory lap from some conservatives who have long promoted conspiracy theories about voter fraud in Georgia.

“New revelations that Fulton County is unable to produce all ballot drop box transfer documents will be investigated thoroughly, as we have with other counties that failed to follow Georgia rules and regulations regarding drop boxes,” Brad Raffensperger said Monday. “This cannot continue.”

Georgia allowed the use of ballot drop boxes for the first time in 2020 in order to accommodate public health concerns amid the pandemic. Republican state lawmakers included a permanent authorization for drop boxes in the election reform bill they passed earlier this year; however, Democrats were unhappy with the provision because it reduced the number of boxes permitted from the 2020 levels.

According to the rules governing the emergency use of drop boxes in the last election, anyone collecting ballots from boxes “shall complete and sign a ballot transfer form upon removing the ballots from the drop box, which shall include the date, time, location and number of ballots.”

But Fulton County officials admitted, in response to a public records request, that some of the forms documenting when and how many ballots were removed from various drop boxes had been “misplaced,” prompting the secretary of state’s office to open its investigation.
BuT tHe ElEcTiOnS wErE fReR aNd FaIr
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok. I had time to get around to actually clicking on the links at the page SeattleG provided. You know, the one about how Republicans won most of the cases decided by the merits. It's http://wiseenergy.org/Energy/Election/2 ... _Cases.htm.

I invite everyone to click on the links where it says Trump and the GOP won. What you will find it that there is nothing of substance there. As an example, there is this one:

https://healthyelections-case-tracker.s ... ail?id=146

It was a suit to make somebody remove a Facebook post. This is what the disposition was:
The Court granted Petitioner's motion for a TRO ordering Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell to remove a Facebook post providing legally incorrect advice on the upcoming primary election, which had indicated that Wisconsin voters could designate themselves as "indefinitely confined" solely due to the Wisconsin Safer at Home order, thereby avoiding proof of ID when requesting an absentee ballot. The Court further ordered that Defendants clarify the Wisconsin Elections Commission guidance, and enjoined Defendant McDonell from future Facebook posts in contravention of the legal interpretation set out by the Court.
That has absolutely no relevance to the 2020 Presidential election. There is also stuff like the very first one on the list where it's indicated as being a "Process" thing. That one is at https://healthyelections-case-tracker.s ... ail?id=121. You can read it. Ok. I guess you can say it was a process thing. But it was a complete junk lawsuit. Wasting the court's time.

There is absolutely nothing there to suggest that, had the court's JUST listened to what Trump and the Republicans had to say, the election may have been overturned.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I probably should stop but here is another one listed as a Trump/GOP win:

https://healthyelections-case-tracker.s ... tail?id=23

Ok. I THINK you could argue they won that one even though neither the GOP nor Trump are mentioned. But it was about the process of the election BEFORE the election. And it was settled BEFORE the election. Also, it was in Colorado; which Joe Biden won by 13.5 percentage points. It lends absolutely NO credence to the idea that something nefarious went on that cost Trump the election.

Really, Seattle G., you should stop. This kind of thing keeps happening to me. Somebody puts out this big long list of references that purportedly support the "election was stolen"narrative. Then I look into it and it's nonsense. The same kind of thing happened to me with all the probability arguments. All nonsense. But there were so many of them being thrown at the wall that a person couldn't keep up.

Listen: This is nonsense. Biden won. While it's pretty safe to say there is fraud in every election, there is no evidence that there was an unusual level during the 2020 election nor is there any evidence that it was at a level anywhere close to high enough to have made the difference between Trump winning and losing. He lost. Biden won fair and square. This nonsense needs to stop.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:38 pm I probably should stop but here is another one listed as a Trump/GOP win:

https://healthyelections-case-tracker.s ... tail?id=23

Ok. I THINK you could argue they won that one even though neither the GOP nor Trump are mentioned. But it was about the process of the election BEFORE the election. And it was settled BEFORE the election. Also, it was in Colorado; which Joe Biden won by 13.5 percentage points. It lends absolutely NO credence to the idea that something nefarious went on that cost Trump the election.

Really, Seattle G., you should stop. This kind of thing keeps happening to me. Somebody puts out this big long list of references that purportedly support the "election was stolen"narrative. Then I look into it and it's nonsense. The same kind of thing happened to me with all the probability arguments. All nonsense. But there were so many of them being thrown at the wall that a person couldn't keep up.

Listen: This is nonsense. Biden won. While it's pretty safe to say there is fraud in every election, there is no evidence that there was an unusual level during the 2020 election nor is there any evidence that it was at a level anywhere close to high enough to have made the difference between Trump winning and losing. He lost. Biden won fair and square. This nonsense needs to stop.
Careful. I might just give you more links to investigate if your attitude doesn't change for the better.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

paging BDK...
A defendant in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol is the first to face a firearms charge under a riot law making it unlawful to carry a firearm while rioting.

Guy Wesley Reffitt of Texas was arrested in January after his wife told the FBI that he threatened to shoot their family if they turned him in.

Reffitt pleaded not guilty in March to obstruction of an official proceeding, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds; as well as obstruction of justice by hindering communication through physical force or threat of physical force.

In a superseding indictment on Wednesday, he was issued the additional charge of having a firearm with him at the Capitol.

The charge states that while at the Capitol, Reffitt “without lawful authority to do so, and during and in relation to the offense, did use and carry a deadly and dangerous weapon and firearm, that is, a semi-automatic handgun.”

Reffitt was seen in a video posted to YouTube wearing a blue jacket over a black tactical-style vest and a black helmet with a camera attached.

Prosecutors wrote in a court filing in March that he said he brought his firearm and had it on him when he stormed the Capitol. He said he had “every constitutional right to carry a weapon and take over the Congress.” ( :lol: )
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... arge-under
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:13 am paging BDK...
A defendant in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol is the first to face a firearms charge under a riot law making it unlawful to carry a firearm while rioting.

Guy Wesley Reffitt of Texas was arrested in January after his wife told the FBI that he threatened to shoot their family if they turned him in.

Reffitt pleaded not guilty in March to obstruction of an official proceeding, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds; as well as obstruction of justice by hindering communication through physical force or threat of physical force.

In a superseding indictment on Wednesday, he was issued the additional charge of having a firearm with him at the Capitol.

The charge states that while at the Capitol, Reffitt “without lawful authority to do so, and during and in relation to the offense, did use and carry a deadly and dangerous weapon and firearm, that is, a semi-automatic handgun.”

Reffitt was seen in a video posted to YouTube wearing a blue jacket over a black tactical-style vest and a black helmet with a camera attached.

Prosecutors wrote in a court filing in March that he said he brought his firearm and had it on him when he stormed the Capitol. He said he had “every constitutional right to carry a weapon and take over the Congress.” ( :lol: )
So one guy inside the Cap building (out of estimated 800) that allegedly had a pistol. Add that to the one guy (out of estimated 100k at the rally) on the Capitol grounds caught with a pistol, and the couple that had a taser. 2 pistols and a taser. Sure sounds like a government takeover insurrection. :lol: Keep searching and you might come up with a couple more… :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:29 pm

So one guy inside the Cap building (out of estimated 800) that allegedly had a pistol. Add that to the one guy (out of estimated 100k at the rally) on the Capitol grounds caught with a pistol, and the couple that had a taser. 2 pistols and a taser. Sure sounds like a government takeover insurrection. :lol: Keep searching and you might come up with a couple more… :lol:
What would they have done if they caught up with Pelosi, AOC, or Pence?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Congressman Clyde is a little bitch.

https://www.axios.com/capitol-riot-poli ... a63db.html
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Probably taken a selfie or asked for an autograph. Even insurrectionists are wanting in terms of conviction to their cause these days. It's a modern dilemma.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GOP investigation finds no Michigan vote fraud, deems many claims ‘ludicrous’
https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... -ludicrous
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Evidently sone of the AZ ballots have been shipped to an undisclosed location in Montana for further study.

:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:22 am
Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 am Meanwhile, in Fulton County......

Thats exactly what the trumplets are saying - the elections were free and fair except for a small handful of counties that they didn't win. Those are all crooked. :silly:

81,000,000 votes. :notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:43 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:22 am

Thats exactly what the trumplets are saying - the elections were free and fair except for a small handful of counties that they didn't win. Those are all crooked. :silly:

Control of those counties is the key. :kisswink:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Why else do you think those idiots were trespassing, breaking into the Capital and it's offices on the day and exact time that the results of the 2020 election were being certified? C'mon. Don't be partisan and use some critical thinking skills.

They weren't there to ask Congress to extend their car warranties.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:44 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:43 am

Its Georgia - who controls the elections in Georgia - do you even appreciate the delicious irony of the trumplets going after their cronies in Georgia when they couldn't fulfill the so-called President's direct request to find him 11,790 votes? You're missing all the fun... :(
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:55 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Probably taken a selfie or asked for an autograph. Even insurrectionists are wanting in terms of conviction to their cause these days. It's a modern dilemma.
They proved to the world that they're nothing but poseuers - too chickenshit to back up their drivel with their guns. If they weren't a bunch of gutless cunts Trump would still be President. They had victory in their grasp but all the patriots could come up with was shit on the floor and wipe it on the walls.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:56 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:44 am

Its Georgia - who controls the elections in Georgia - do you even appreciate the delicious irony of the trumplets going after their cronies in Georgia when they couldn't fulfill the so-called President's direct request to find him 11,790 votes? You're missing all the fun... :(
Who controls the elections in Georgia? Fulton County, that's who. Who controls Fulton County? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

i guess brian kemp won fulton co in 2018 then? or is it not so simple?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:05 pm Who controls the elections in Georgia? Fulton County, that's who.
Not if the Dems on Capitol Hill get what they want.