SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:54 am Now that Arizona has an actual forensic audit set up, the election board is denying them the ability to perform the audit in the location where the ballots are stored.

They sure have fought this whole process tooth and nail. You'd think they would welcome a forensic audit with open arms.
Took them long enough. Wonder if they’ll audit all the races?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcent ... 6970122002
Why would they do that? They only have problems with ballots that came in marked only for the President. Down ballot wasn't affected. Plus, any fake votes will show who was affected.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:30 am

Meanwhile, here in Arizona, Fann says she’s not out to overturn the election but merely wants to restore voters’ confidence, never acknowledging her own role in undermining that confidence by insisting on a recount despite any evidence of fraud.

She’s talking about bringing in volunteers to do the counting to save money though she’s steamed that the Democrats have no interest in making this a bipartisan affair.

“It’s too bad the Democratic Party doesn’t believe in getting answers for our constituents,” she told Fischer on Monday. “I think that’s our job.”

Perhaps it’s because the Democrats, along with the Republican-run county Board of Supervisors, are satisfied with the answers they got after pre- and post-election testing showed the machinery delivered an accurate result.

Or perhaps it’s because they’re satisfied with the answers they got when the sample audit required by state law showed a 100% match between the hand and machine counts.

Or perhaps it’s because they’re satisfied with the county’s two independent audits of the Dominion Voting Systems tabulation equipment that turned up no evidence of a problem.
:lol: This is about integrity...this time we'll find the fraud!
If you've been paying attention, the previous audits were crap. Worthless.

If this doesn't turn up anything, then it for sure should put all claims to rest. The audit is finally examining physical ballots.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:26 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:30 am
:lol: This is about integrity...this time we'll find the fraud!

If this doesn't turn up anything, then it for sure should put all claims to rest. The audit is finally examining physical ballots.
Who is examining the ballots? What qualifications do they have?

Where are the ballots being stored?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:54 am Now that Arizona has an actual forensic audit set up, the election board is denying them the ability to perform the audit in the location where the ballots are stored.

They sure have fought this whole process tooth and nail. You'd think they would welcome a forensic audit with open arms.
What happened to "fortifying the election" narrative? :lol: :dunce:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:26 am

I don't know off the top of my head, but there are four teams that will each focus on different aspects. In regards to your qualifications question, I would say they have just as much as the certified groups performing previous audits, especially since they weren't certified until two days after it was pointed out!!

Ballots are being stored in a secure facility in Maricopa county under video surveillance...where all county ballots are to be held for 22 months. The auditors obviously want to keep them there so they are under continuous surveillance and not subject to chain of custody. Can't imagine why Dems would oppose using the facility.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:21 am

Why would they do that? They only have problems with ballots that came in marked only for the President. Down ballot wasn't affected. Plus, any fake votes will show who was affected.
It's the broader picture - if they really give two shits about election integrity then everything is in scope. Not just 1 election.

I'm guessing if down-ticket Republicans won and the Republican POTUS lost, then that's quite telling. I dunno. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:17 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:32 am

I don't know off the top of my head, but there are four teams that will each focus on different aspects. In regards to your qualifications question, I would say they have just as much as the certified groups performing previous audits, especially since they weren't certified until two days after it was pointed out!!

Ballots are being stored in a secure facility in Maricopa county under video surveillance...where all county ballots are to be held for 22 months. The auditors obviously want to keep them there so they are under continuous surveillance and not subject to chain of custody. Can't imagine why Dems would oppose using the facility.
This will be like Benghazi where the Republicans spent millions, held hearings from here to Tuesday and nothing ever came of it.

Or like Trump impeachment. Any analogy would work.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:58 pm

This will be like Benghazi where the Republicans spent millions, held hearings from here to Tuesday and nothing ever came of it.

It would be nice if our leaders led and instead of trying to prove that Trump didn't lose they focused on making our elections more secure.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:57 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:21 am

It's the broader picture - if they really give two shits about election integrity then everything is in scope. Not just 1 election.

I'm guessing if down-ticket Republicans won and the Republican POTUS lost, then that's quite telling. I dunno. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Boy you sure do have a lot of "late" outrage here. Where was this fire when they asked for audits earlier and you were saying there was no proof of fraud? :kisswink:.

Besides, why would Republicans care to help Democrats. If anything, it should be the Maricopa County Election Board performing this audit, but they have fought it from the start.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

It is SO ridiculous that you guys are still talking about this. This is what happened: We had an election. Biden won. While there is some fraud in every election, there was not an unusual amount of fraud in this one nor did fraud impact the outcome.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:00 pm It is SO ridiculous that you guys are still talking about this. This is what happened: We had an election. Biden won. While there is some fraud in every election, there was not an unusual amount of fraud in this one nor did fraud impact the outcome.

:nod:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:13 pm

It would be nice if our leaders led and instead of trying to prove that Trump didn't lose they focused on making our elections more secure.
There is no indication of a need to make elections more secure. The Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency concluded that "“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history."

This is ridiculous. There is no real problem with election security in the United States.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:13 pm

There is no indication of a need to make elections more secure. The Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency concluded that "“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history."

This is ridiculous. There is no real problem with election security in the United States.
Hey. Wasn't the guy who ran that agency the one who didn't catch the Solar Winds hack?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:03 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:57 pm

Boy you sure do have a lot of "late" outrage here. Where was this fire when they asked for audits earlier and you were saying there was no proof of fraud? :kisswink:.

Besides, why would Republicans care to help Democrats. If anything, it should be the Maricopa County Election Board performing this audit, but they have fought it from the start.
Are you referring to when I said if they are worried about election integrity they should do a full audit then STFU about it after the results? :lol: This is all for show. They'll spend millions and end up with the same result. It's all to show the die-hards that they're still in the fight.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:20 pm

Hey. Wasn't the guy who ran that agency the one who didn't catch the Solar Winds hack?
Yes, let's not forget that the Trump administration allowed this hack to spread. So much for hiring the best.... :popcorn: :shit: :shit: :stir: :stir: :fuel:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

And yet we have Democratic diehards who swear the 2016 election was stolen for Trump and diehard GOP'ers who swear the 2020 election was stolen for Biden.

I don't see the harm, really, in tightening up the system and really making sure that elections are on the up and up and any fraud, no matter how small, is stamped out. Like I said before in other threads, in PA up through 2016, I pressed a button on a machine and hopefully my votes were tabulated. There was literally no way to tell, and there was no way to check after the fact, but I'm sure there weren't any problems at all. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Probably. Mostly because government officials investigating government officials always goes SOOOOO well. You REALLY think these fuckers are gonna roll on each other? :dunce: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:03 pm Oh.

Trump needs to find a bunch more even if all of these votes are disqualified.
1. They won't be
2. Neither you nor Trump will ever find enough voter fraud to change the election results
3. You continue to embarrass yourself
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Like anyone with a brain didn't already know.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Two completely different situations. The agency was focused on election security and watching specifically for problems there. We also had William Barr directing US Attorneys to investigate allegations of voter fraud then reporting that there was not sufficient fraud to have any effects. You also had various State agencies looking at it. Nothing.

Again: The idea that there was massive fraud during the 2020 election and/or that Donald Trump really won but the election was stolen from him is absolutely ridiculous.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:19 pm Like anyone with a brain didn't already know.

I think we need to wait a while to find out exactly what being a CNN "technical director" means and determine whether there is a reason this person should be viewed as speaking for the network. Here is a link to a page that says CNN technical directors earn a salary of $51,000 per year: https://www.careerbliss.com/cnn/salarie ... -director/.

That suggests that what we are talking about here is a low level employee expressing some opinions. It's probably not a situation where someone who actually has a lot of impact or makes decisions about what the network is doing saying these things.

At first blush this looks to be yet another deceptive piece of work by Project Veritas. The guy has a title that might make people think he is a big deal at CNN. The truth is that he's probably a low level employee. Shocker.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:19 pm Like anyone with a brain didn't already know.

Did you notice how many times he said "without saying it?" In other words: Nobody told him that. Also, did you notice how the guy narrating the video called him a "CNN director?" He's not a CNN director. "Director" and "Technical Director" are two different things. That's a sly attempt to use of his title to make it sound like he's a big deal when he is not. He's in a job that typically carries about a $51,000 per year salary at CNN.

This is an example, I think, of why the source I use for checking the credibility of sources has Project Veritas as a "Questionable Source." Very deceptive.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Two completely different situations. The agency was focused on election security and watching specifically for problems there. We also had William Barr directing US Attorneys to investigate allegations of voter fraud then reporting that there was not sufficient fraud to have any effects. You also had various State agencies looking at it. Nothing.

Again: The idea that there was massive fraud during the 2020 election and/or that Donald Trump really won but the election was stolen from him is absolutely ridiculous.
We shall see. Arizona is moving forward with a true forensic audit and if they come up with nothing, as I've said before, that should answer all the questions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:53 pm This is an example, I think, of why the source I use for checking the credibility of sources has Project Veritas as a "Questionable Source." Very deceptive.
You mean like CNN.