Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:39 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:40 pm

I'm sure there is SOME fraud on both sides. But it is not a significant problem. It was not a significant problem during 2020. Trump lost. And if we were living in a time where we didn't have a bunch of nut jobs in the base of one of the two major political parties everybody would recognize that.
Trump lost. But if Trump had WON, in the manner Biden won, with massive vote dumps in the middle of the night (even if legit), this country would have been burned to the ground in the ensuing weeks by the wingnuts on the left. You know it. I know it. The whole world knows it.
Wait! I thought Trumpers were only like the Dems protesting 2016?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:26 am

Trump lost. But if Trump had WON, in the manner Biden won, with massive vote dumps in the middle of the night (even if legit), this country would have been burned to the ground in the ensuing weeks by the wingnuts on the left. You know it. I know it. The whole world knows it.
Wait! I thought Trumpers were only like the Dems protesting 2016 and 2000?
FIFY
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:29 am

Wait! I thought Trumpers were only like the Dems protesting 2016 and 2000?
FIFY
Not this crybaby shit again.... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:13 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:29 am

FIFY
Not this crybaby shit again.... :ohno:
So butthurt about the double standard, or going to claim the "2000 election was stolen" narrative didn't happen?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:08 pm

I think there is fraud by supporters of both parties and that's why MAGAts want to limit the scope of the audits to avoid shining a spotlight on locations where fraud favored Trump.
I'm sure there is SOME fraud on both sides. But it is not a significant problem. It was not a significant problem during 2020. Trump lost. And if we were living in a time where we didn't have a bunch of nut jobs in the base of one of the two major political parties everybody would recognize that.
Just yesterday, Terry McAuliffe stated in a campaign speech that the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election was stolen from Stacey Abrams. Since 2000, every single election the Donks have lost have come along with claims of voter fraud, 'the seat was stolen', and/or the Conks only win because of voter suppression. Every.Single.Time. :dunce:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I get that you can't deny the truth of the statement so you're attempting to deflect.

Again. For about the millionth time.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:59 pm
I get that you can't deny the truth of the statement so you're attempting to deflect.

Again. For about the millionth time.
I took his post to indicate that he agreed with you. If Trumpers in 2020 were like Dems were in 2016 (and 2000 - thanks SD) then it's fair wonder what might have happened if the Dems had lost another election under those circumstances. The concern is even more valid when the ANtiFA/BLM riots/insurrection of 2020 is added to the mix.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:44 pm

We also had a bunch of nut jobs in Congress in 2017 who insisted on impeaching Trump in attempt to overturn the results of the 2016 election that was just as valid as the 2020 election. There are nut jobs on both sides.

I acknowledge both the Republican and Democratic nut jobs but you are laser focused and can't see past the Republican nut jobs because you are biased. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Saying a President should be impeached is different than saying the election wasn't valid. Trump, indeed, SHOULD have been impeached at least twice. And he SHOULD have been removed from office. He wasn't because his Party refused to be objective.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:00 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:44 pm

We also had a bunch of nut jobs in Congress in 2017 who insisted on impeaching Trump in attempt to overturn the results of the 2016 election that was just as valid as the 2020 election. There are nut jobs on both sides.

I acknowledge both the Republican and Democratic nut jobs but you are laser focused and can't see past the Republican nut jobs because you are biased. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Saying a President should be impeached is different than saying the election wasn't valid. Trump, indeed, SHOULD have been impeached at least twice. And he SHOULD have been removed from office. He wasn't because his Party refused to be objective.
And once again he proves your point, 88. :rofl: :rofl:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

For those who still wonder if a coup was actually being considered. This alone should disqualify Trump for national office ever again by any reasonable person.
Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows turned over to the House select committee investigating the 6 January Capitol attack a PowerPoint recommending Donald Trump to declare a national security emergency in order to return himself to the presidency.

The fact that Meadows was in possession of a PowerPoint the day before the Capitol attack that detailed ways to stage a coup suggests he was at least aware of efforts by Trump and his allies to stop Joe Biden’s certification from taking place on Jan 6th.

The PowerPoint, titled “Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 Jan”, made several recommendations for Trump to pursue in order to retain the presidency for a second term on the basis of lies and debunked conspiracies about widespread election fraud.

Meadows turned over a version of the PowerPoint presentation that he received in an email and spanned 38 pages, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The Guardian reviewed a second, 36-page version of the PowerPoint marked for dissemination with 5 January metadata, which had some differences with what the select committee received. But the title of the PowerPoint and its recommendations remained the same, the source said.

Senators and members of Congress should first be briefed about foreign interference, the PowerPoint said, at which point Trump could declare a national emergency, declare all electronic voting invalid, and ask Congress to agree on a constitutionally acceptable remedy.

The PowerPoint also outlined three options for then vice-president Mike Pence to abuse his largely ceremonial role at the joint session of Congress on 6 January, when Biden was to be certified president, and unilaterally return Trump to the White House.

Pence could pursue one of three options, the PowerPoint said: seat Trump slates of electors over the objections of Democrats in key states, reject the Biden slates of electors, or delay the certification to allow for a “vetting” and counting of only “legal paper ballots”.

The final option for Pence is similar to an option that was simultaneously being advanced on 4 and 5 January by Trump lieutenants – led by lawyers Rudy Giuliani and John Eastman, as well as Trump strategist Steve Bannon – working from the Willard hotel in Washington DC.

The Guardian revealed last week that sometime between the late evening of 5 January and the early hours of 6 January, after Pence declined to go ahead with such plans, Trump then pressed his lieutenants about how to stop Biden’s certification from taking place entirely.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ziDzQ7TqBY
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:For those who still wonder if a coup was actually being considered. This alone should disqualify Trump for national office ever again by any reasonable person.
Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows turned over to the House select committee investigating the 6 January Capitol attack a PowerPoint recommending Donald Trump to declare a national security emergency in order to return himself to the presidency.

The fact that Meadows was in possession of a PowerPoint the day before the Capitol attack that detailed ways to stage a coup suggests he was at least aware of efforts by Trump and his allies to stop Joe Biden’s certification from taking place on Jan 6th.

The PowerPoint, titled “Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 Jan”, made several recommendations for Trump to pursue in order to retain the presidency for a second term on the basis of lies and debunked conspiracies about widespread election fraud.

Meadows turned over a version of the PowerPoint presentation that he received in an email and spanned 38 pages, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The Guardian reviewed a second, 36-page version of the PowerPoint marked for dissemination with 5 January metadata, which had some differences with what the select committee received. But the title of the PowerPoint and its recommendations remained the same, the source said.

Senators and members of Congress should first be briefed about foreign interference, the PowerPoint said, at which point Trump could declare a national emergency, declare all electronic voting invalid, and ask Congress to agree on a constitutionally acceptable remedy.

The PowerPoint also outlined three options for then vice-president Mike Pence to abuse his largely ceremonial role at the joint session of Congress on 6 January, when Biden was to be certified president, and unilaterally return Trump to the White House.

Pence could pursue one of three options, the PowerPoint said: seat Trump slates of electors over the objections of Democrats in key states, reject the Biden slates of electors, or delay the certification to allow for a “vetting” and counting of only “legal paper ballots”.

The final option for Pence is similar to an option that was simultaneously being advanced on 4 and 5 January by Trump lieutenants – led by lawyers Rudy Giuliani and John Eastman, as well as Trump strategist Steve Bannon – working from the Willard hotel in Washington DC.

The Guardian revealed last week that sometime between the late evening of 5 January and the early hours of 6 January, after Pence declined to go ahead with such plans, Trump then pressed his lieutenants about how to stop Biden’s certification from taking place entirely.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ziDzQ7TqBY
If only they had gotten Nancy’s big, magic gavel in the Q-Anon Shaman’s hands…

so close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:05 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Not at all. UNI appears to be one of those people who thinks it important to say "a pox on both their houses." We are not in that situation right now. Right now, the Republican side is clearly WAY worse. It is a threat to our system of government. It is a threat to government according to the Will of the People.

Trump should, indeed, have been impeached and removed from office. Justin Amash was correct when he said that while referring to the Mueller investigation results and his basis for saying that was correct. And he should have been impeached and removed from office for attempting to leverage US aid to Ukraine to get a bogus investigation of a political opponent.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:48 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:05 pm

Not at all. UNI appears to be one of those people who thinks it important to say "a pox on both their houses." We are not in that situation right now. Right now, the Republican side is clearly WAY worse. It is a threat to our system of government. It is a threat to government according to the Will of the People.

Trump should, indeed, have been impeached and removed from office. Justin Amash was correct when he said that while referring to the Mueller investigation results and his basis for saying that was correct. And he should have been impeached and removed from office for attempting to leverage US aid to Ukraine to get a bogus investigation of a political opponent.
Yes, we ARE in that situation right now. And have been for quite some time.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:54 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:48 pm

But seriously…have you watched Liz Cheney’s reading of the Meadows messages on the Jan 6th investigation?

Dems…incompetent, greedy, insulated, hypocritical…etc…sure!

But Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, the Republicans right now…. :rofl:

Not to mention Fox News and Don Jr. simultaneously diminishing the ordeal and suggesting Antifa plants in the crowd while panic messaging Meadows to get Trump to stop it.

Wowsers… :lol: :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:38 pm
But seriously…have you watched Liz Cheney’s reading of the Meadows messages on the Jan 6th investigation?

Not to mention Fox News and Don Jr. simultaneously diminishing the ordeal and suggesting Antifa plants in the crowd while panic messaging Meadows to get Trump to stop it.

John has demonstrated his bias against Trump over and over. That bias clouds his judgment when comparing Republicans to Democrats. He tries to cloak his bias by self-identifying as a conservative and anything he types on this subject is suspect.

If it's bad that Fox News and Don Jr. were "simultaneously diminishing the ordeal and suggesting Antifa plants in the crowd while panic messaging Meadows to get Trump to stop it" what is it that AOChe, the rest of the Squat, Waters, etc. weren't only not diminishing or trying to stop the AnTiFa violence they were supporting it?

January 6 might have been a hold my beer moment for the MAGAts to up the ante on what illiberals did the summer before but it was NOT leaps and bounds worse. I'm waiting to see how the illiberals one up the MAGAts when Dems lose the Senate and probably the House in 2022.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

For every Liz Cheney there’s 2/3 squad members (and growing every day, it seems). And for every Fox News there’s (literally) EVERY OTHER MSM “source”.

It’s race to the bottom and they’re in a dead heat.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:33 pm

John has demonstrated his bias against Trump over and over. That bias clouds his judgment when comparing Republicans to Democrats. He tries to cloak his bias by self-identifying as a conservative and anything he types on this subject is suspect.

If it's bad that Fox News and Don Jr. were "simultaneously diminishing the ordeal and suggesting Antifa plants in the crowd while panic messaging Meadows to get Trump to stop it" what is it that AOChe, the rest of the Squat, Waters, etc. weren't only not diminishing or trying to stop the AnTiFa violence they were supporting it?

January 6 might have been a hold my beer moment for the MAGAts to up the ante on what illiberals did the summer before but it was NOT leaps and bounds worse. I'm waiting to see how the illiberals one up the MAGAts when Dems lose the Senate and probably the House in 2022.
Funny how there were texts about wanting it to be stopped...

...which of course runs contrary to the "insurrection" narrative...

...and still waiting for someone to actually be convicted of insurrection. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:33 pm

For every Liz Cheney there’s 2/3 squad members (and growing every day, it seems). And for every Fox News there’s (literally) EVERY OTHER MSM “source”.

It’s race to the bottom and they’re in a dead heat.
Liz Cheney is despicable (because she's a neo-con not because she had the brainstem and backbone to oppose Trump) but she's not the comparison to the squad, that would be MTG, Boebert, Gaetz and Gosar.
Last edited by UNI88 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

No leader should support violence. This is true.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ocasio- ... iot-2019-7

Leaps and bounds is a loose phrase. When you read about MAGA do you initially think of equivalency to the left or do you think “man that’s fucked up” before turning to “both sides do it!”? :)

There are some important differences between the two right now.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:20 am

Leaps and bounds is a loose phrase. When you read about MAGA do you initially think of equivalency to the left or do you think “man that’s fucked up” before turning to “both sides do it!”? :)

Important differences? Your interpretation of those differences is influenced by your ideological beliefs and priorities.

The group that feels "marginalized" is the group that is most likely to resort to extremes. In the summer of 2020 it was illiberals. Following the November elections, it was MAGAts. These things are not happening in a vacuum, they are building upon each other, one-upping each other. Who will feel "marginalized" and how far will they take it following the 2022 elections?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:48 am
kalm wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:20 am

Important differences? Your interpretation of those differences is influenced by your ideological beliefs and priorities.

The group that feels "marginalized" is the group that is most likely to resort to extremes. In the summer of 2020 it was illiberals. Following the November elections, it was MAGAts. These things are not happening in a vacuum, they are building upon each other, one-upping each other. Who will feel "marginalized" and how far will they take it following the 2022 elections?
Don’t disagree. But I’d like to see YOUR interpretation of any differences.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:51 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:48 am

I've previously posted my opinions on how the AnTiFa riots and January 6 were similar and different and why I don't think the differences are as significant as pseudo-progressives want to argue they are.

And if you think the words and actions of MTG, Boebert, Gosar, Gaetz and their MAGAt supporters are outrageous, I can't wait to see your reaction to the words and actions of AOC, Omar, Pressley, Waters, etc. and their supporters after the November 2022 elections.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:06 am
kalm wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:51 am

I've previously posted my opinions on how the AnTiFa riots and January 6 were similar and different and why I don't think the differences are as significant as pseudo-progressives want to argue they are.

And if you think the words and actions of MTG, Boebert, Gosar, Gaetz and their MAGAt supporters are outrageous, I can't wait to see your reaction to the words and actions of AOC, Omar, Pressley, Waters, etc. and their supporters after the November 2022 elections.
Why even wait that long. Just look at their comments from the last couple of years. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:19 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:06 am

Why even wait that long. Just look at their comments from the last couple of years. :coffee:
It's going to get worse. The reaction of the left to losing control of Congress is not going to be pretty. And the delicious irony of Kalm trying to explain how January 6 was worse is going to tickle our funny bones.

89 and Ganny, I'm predicting the future again.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:28 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:19 am

It's going to get worse. The reaction of the left to losing control of Congress is not going to be pretty. And the delicious irony of Kalm trying to explain how January 6 was worse is going to tickle our funny bones.

89 and Ganny, I'm predicting the future again.
Not much predicting, it would be an absolute shock for the Dems to retain control of Congress at this point. And it would be an absolute shock if Dems don't challenge those results, and in some cases do so violently.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation