"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:56 pm Figured it was past time...

RCP

Popular vote: Biden +8.5

MI: Biden +8.6
PA: Biden +5.6
WI: Biden +5.4
FL: Biden +4.6
OH: Trump +0.5

And once again we're left with two steaming piles of shit arguing about which one smells better. We can do better ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Voted Johnson in 2016.

I think the Democratic candidate is better this time and the Libertarian is worse. Change my mind.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:46 pm Voted Johnson in 2016.

I think the Democratic candidate is better this time and the Libertarian is worse. Change my mind.
The only thing better about Biden is he’s NOT Hillary. He’s mush. Gonna be “handled” by the deep state or dead in a year.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

^ didn't say anything about Jorgensen
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:51 pm ^ didn't say anything about Jorgensen
I know literally nothing about that person. First time I heard the name even was yesterday.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:56 pm Figured it was past time...

RCP

Popular vote: Biden +8.5

MI: Biden +8.6
PA: Biden +5.6
WI: Biden +5.4
FL: Biden +4.6
OH: Trump +0.5

O.V.E.R.

(Unless one of them doesn’t make it to the general. Which is still a possibility)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Another election cycle, another cycle to get hyped about polls. Worked well in 2016. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

IMO, the strength of Biden's candidacy depends on his VP choice so it's premature to try. Until then it's like comparing a ventriloquist's dummy to a thinking human. :D
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 pm

IMO, the strength of Biden's candidacy depends on his VP choice so it's premature to try. Until then it's like comparing a ventriloquist's dummy to a thinking human. :D
:lol: Spot on.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Greatest campaign ad ever. :lol:

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Biden's awful-enough that an election that he should have sewn up is certainly in doubt - he's built a lead on pretty much being invisible while Trump pretty much does Trump (which is usually cringe-worthy). Eventually Joe's going to have to be significantly more visible and then the true crap that is this election choice will become clearer. I wouldn't feel comfortable about Biden being able to win PA, and I doubt he pulls he in FL. The same battleground states from the last election are still battleground states today. I do agree, his VP choice is paramount - he needs that pick to really generate excitement and to legitimately be the person who steps into the role of President when Biden steps aside next year. Just when we really needed to have some good leaders step forward we instead are presented with Trump and Biden. Ugh.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 am The same battleground states from the last election are still battleground states today.
The battleground states are almost all states that Trump won in 2016, though. Trump has very little margin for losing any of those states and still getting to 270. Doesn't look like many Clinton states from 2016 are in play (maybe Minnesota +7.5 Biden or Virginia +9.7 Biden are his best chances).
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:45 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 am The same battleground states from the last election are still battleground states today.
The battleground states are almost all states that Trump won in 2016, though. Trump has very little margin for losing any of those states and still getting to 270. Doesn't look like many Clinton states from 2016 are in play (maybe Minnesota +7.5 Biden or Virginia +9.7 Biden are his best chances).
The three states (PA, WI, and MI) made up the bulk of the electoral margin he won by the last time. If nothing else changed, Biden would need to win at least 2 of them, with one being PA with its 20 votes, to win. Trump had 304 electoral votes last time, so he needs to lose 35 this time around to lose. I don't see him losing Ohio, I wouldn't bet on him losing Florida or Texas, so that leaves the 3 already mentioned, NC and GA. PA has 20, WI 10, MI 16, NC 15, and GA 16. You can get lots of combinations there to equal or exceed 35, but none of them, with Biden as the top of the ticket, are slam dunks. This is one of those elections where no one is getting much above 280. It's a mess.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 am

Biden's awful-enough that an election that he should have sewn up is certainly in doubt - he's built a lead on pretty much being invisible while Trump pretty much does Trump (which is usually cringe-worthy). Eventually Joe's going to have to be significantly more visible and then the true crap that is this election choice will become clearer. I wouldn't feel comfortable about Biden being able to win PA, and I doubt he pulls he in FL. The same battleground states from the last election are still battleground states today. I do agree, his VP choice is paramount - he needs that pick to really generate excitement and to legitimately be the person who steps into the role of President when Biden steps aside next year. Just when we really needed to have some good leaders step forward we instead are presented with Trump and Biden. Ugh.
Which is why he will wait till the last minute to pick a VP.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 am

Well, that and you have to be aware of current events. A few months ago you could make a pretty good argument that Klobuchar would've been a good VP candidate. Then George Floyd happens and her background as a law and order prosecutor in Minnesota pretty much eliminates her, potentially forever, from being a viable national candidate. There's nothing to be gained from picking a VP right now, so just wait and pick one before the time when conventions would normally take place.
Last edited by GannonFan on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:04 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 am

Well, that and you have to be aware of current events. A few month ago you could make a pretty good argument that Klobuchar would've been a good VP candidate. Then George Floyd happens and her background as a law and order prosecutor in Minnesota pretty much eliminates her, potentially forever, from being a viable national candidate. There's nothing to be gained from picking a VP right now, so just wait and pick one before the time when conventions would normally take place.
Yup. Though at this pace, he might not have to "pick" one at all. Their pasts will eliminate them for him. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:08 amYup. Though at this pace, he might not have to "pick" one at all. Their pasts will eliminate them for him. :lol:
I don't know about that. Both Trump and Biden are rapey old guys - and both have implemented some pretty racist policies - yet one of these two men is going to be the next leader of the free world.

Let's go all in at this point. If the RNC is going to have a creepy homophobe who calls his wife "mother," DNC should nominate a VP who sexts dick picks of their junk to women and minors they've met on Twitter. Complete the cycle of winners.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:24 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:08 amYup. Though at this pace, he might not have to "pick" one at all. Their pasts will eliminate them for him. :lol:
I don't know about that. Both Trump and Biden are rapey old guys - and both have implemented some pretty racist policies - yet one of these two men is going to be the next leader of the free world.

Let's go all in at this point. If the RNC is going to have a creepy homophobe who calls his wife "mother," DNC should nominate a VP who sexts dick picks of their junk to women and minors they've met on Twitter. Complete the cycle of winners.
:thumb: That would be karmic balance.

I just hope we have better candidates in 2024.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 am

Well, the odds are good that both Trump and Biden will be dead by 2024, so we at least have that going for us. (too macabre?)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 am

Alexandria vs Ivanka.

We'll be talking about the first female President no matter what.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yeah. Prison reform. LGBT rights reform. Them are some seriously racist policies Trump has implemented.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

There are two possible alternatives. Biden is a decent person who is not mentally ill. Trump is a completely corrupt moral atrocity who probably is mentally ill. It shouldn't be a hard decision.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:15 pm There are two possible alternatives. Biden is a decent person who is not mentally ill. Trump is a completely corrupt moral atrocity who probably is mentally ill. It shouldn't be a hard decision.
Joe Biden is not a decent person.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire