Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:26 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:16 pm

No…it’s not. For several reasons. Lol.

Asking to “recalculate” after you’ve been told by your own people not to mention Georgia election officials and the courts that there’s no evidence of voting fraud that would effect the outcome certainly sounds like he, the sitting president, was indeed asking someone to break laws.

Who knows if that’s enough to convict or if there’s additional related evidence of conspiracy but there’s enough to convene a grand jury and enforce subpoenas that were challenged.
What power does the "sitting president" have over the secretary of state of Georgia? Unless I'm mistaken, he has no power over him.
Intimidation.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:37 pm

What power does the "sitting president" have over the secretary of state of Georgia? Unless I'm mistaken, he has no power over him.

As for the grand jury, what do we think this grand jury will glean that the "special" grand jury that came before it didn't already obtain? Again, if it was this clear cut, we wouldn't need all of these grand juries to find the criminal conduct.
:nod:

kalm's nitpicking to criticize trump and defend/deflect for Biden is similar to how BDK does the opposite.
UNI88’s frustrated when there’s not a direct analog between both sides. :)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDkalmD wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:30 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:37 pm
:nod:

kalm's nitpicking to criticize trump and defend/deflect for Biden is similar to how BDK does the opposite.
UNI88’s frustrated when there’s not a direct analog between both sides. :)
Direct isn't required, just analogous which we have when comparing how your nitpicking to criticize trump and defend/deflect for Biden is similar to BDKalmR's nitpicking to criticize Biden and defend/deflect for trump. :kisswink:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:28 pm

Intimidation.
Really? He has no power over him but he's intimidating him? Did he flex over the phone? Did he threaten him directly? Come on, you just can't want there to be something there as a threshold for criminal conduct. There's a reason why this thing hasn't resulted in indictments yet, approaching 2.5 years from when it happened and when we've had the phone conversation reported in depth almost from the moment it happened. He didn't tell the guy to lie. He didn't tell the guy to make up knowingly false numbers. He didn't tell the guy to illegally do anything. And the guy, in turn, didn't do anything illegal. I don't like Trump either, but again, that's not grounds for criminal conduct.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:26 pm

Intimidation.
Really? He has no power over him but he's intimidating him? Did he flex over the phone? Did he threaten him directly? Come on, you just can't want there to be something there as a threshold for criminal conduct. There's a reason why this thing hasn't resulted in indictments yet, approaching 2.5 years from when it happened and when we've had the phone conversation reported in depth almost from the moment it happened. He didn't tell the guy to lie. He didn't tell the guy to make up knowingly false numbers. He didn't tell the guy to illegally do anything. And the guy, in turn, didn't do anything illegal. I don't like Trump either, but again, that's not grounds for criminal conduct.
And I get accused of being obtuse. Harrumph!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:44 pm

Like I said, provide something more. Just saying he wanted more votes isn't going to do it for a criminal case. In the court of public opinion, absolutely, the guy's slime. But that's not enough in court.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:57 pm

Like I said, provide something more. Just saying he wanted more votes isn't going to do it for a criminal case. In the court of public opinion, absolutely, the guy's slime. But that's not enough in court.
I didn’t realize CS was an actual court of law and not just public opinion?

Excuse me…looks like I have some law school to attend.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Here's you go BDkalmD, Read the full transcript and listen to Trump’s audio call with Georgia secretary of state

Go through this and you can piece together the parts that make your case. Of course, then you'll be like trump and Guilliani splicing video to get to the desired effect rather than the truth.

The Georgia guys held their own pretty well for being intimidated.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:33 pm Here's you go BDkalmD, Read the full transcript and listen to Trump’s audio call with Georgia secretary of state

Go through this and you can piece together the parts that make your case. Of course, then you'll be like trump and Guilliani splicing video to get to the desired effect rather than the truth.

Thank you. Pretty sure I posted it back when it happened. And indeed they did.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

You forgot lazy...

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:58 pm

You forgot lazy...

I honestly don’t think Ganny is lazy.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

How many court cases have we seen against Trump go nowhere? The lost is growing. Mueller, Shampeachment 1, Jan 6, multiple out if NY State, now this one in GA..

This lawfare by the left against Trump will continue for the foreseeable future as over the next several years we’re going to continue to see cases against Trump go nowhere..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:33 pm Here's you go BDkalmD, Read the full transcript and listen to Trump’s audio call with Georgia secretary of state

That's not Trump and Gulliani, that's Project Veritas! 8-)
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:30 pm

That's not Trump and Gulliani, that's Project Veritas! 8-)
Can't it be both?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Go through this and you can piece together the parts that make your case. Of course,then you'll be like trump and Guilliani splicing video to get to the desired effect rather than the truth.

the Georgia guys knew they were being recorded :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:27 am

Go through this and you can piece together the parts that make your case. Of course,then you'll be like trump and Guilliani splicing video to get to the desired effect rather than the truth.

That’s a very good point.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:59 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:38 am

Yup. We shouldn't be discounting any potential theory and anyone that says otherwise either 1) knows the truth; or 2) is full of it.

I'll bet it's #2.
You are correct that we should not discount any theory. But I think there is a lot more evidence right now to suggest that it was animal to human than there is to suggest it was a lab leak.
JSO- wrong for 2 years..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:41 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:27 am

That’s a very good point.
Turns out…the Fox peeps knew what was up too. They’re viewers…not so much.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Intimidation.
"I just want to find 11,780 votes..."
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:17 am

And? Did he tell him to do something illegal? Make up votes that aren't there? Throw away legal votes without any review? I think he was a bitter man at that moment (really is a bitter man most of the time) and he really wanted to win. But he's also a guy that has gone through most of his life avoiding getting his hands dirty by just outright saying something that is clearly criminal. He might be dirty (pretty sure he is) but in this case, with the evidence at hand, was there anything specifically criminal that can stand up in court? That quote you supplied won't do it. :coffee:
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:27 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:17 am

And? Did he tell him to do something illegal? Make up votes that aren't there? Throw away legal votes without any review? I think he was a bitter man at that moment (really is a bitter man most of the time) and he really wanted to win. But he's also a guy that has gone through most of his life avoiding getting his hands dirty by just outright saying something that is clearly criminal. He might be dirty (pretty sure he is) but in this case, with the evidence at hand, was there anything specifically criminal that can stand up in court? That quote you supplied won't do it. :coffee:
It was a damning phone call in the sense that it revealed even more of his character (or lack there of). It isn't anything that is going to stand up in court. It was the kind of intimidation with plausible deniability that a mob boss uses.

"That's a real nice fruit stand you got there... It'd be a shame if something bad were to happen to it."
"I want you to find X votes, find the fraud."

In the end, even if GA went along with it, he still would have needed to flip like 4 more states. He lost. He knew he lost. He lied about it. He's a liar.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:49 am

It was a damning phone call in the sense that it revealed even more of his character (or lack there of). It isn't anything that is going to stand up in court. It was the kind of intimidation with plausible deniability that a mob boss uses.

"That's a real nice fruit stand you got there... It'd be a shame if something bad were to happen to it."

In the end, even if GA went along with it, he still would have needed to flip like 4 more states. He lost. He knew he lost. He lied about it. He's a liar.
100% this.

And I’m guessing the DA knows what can and what will result in a conviction and whether it’s worth pursuing. This may not be a crime in and of itself but couldn’t it be used to show intent?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

No doubt, he's a fairly despicable person, and yes, flipping Georgia by itself wouldn't have done anything to change the outcome of the election. But despite him being despicable, I still don't see a crime here relative to that phone call.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:10 am

100% this.

And I’m guessing the DA knows what can and what will result in a conviction and whether it’s worth pursuing. This may not be a crime in and of itself but couldn’t it be used to show intent?
Intent? To do what? He didn't say anything criminal should be done, he didn't personally threaten the guy he was talking to, and he didn't refer to anything else illegal. He had motive, i.e. he wanted to win the election, but that's not a crime. He was delusional, but again, not a crime.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:53 am
kalm wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:10 am

100% this.

Intent? To do what? He didn't say anything criminal should be done, he didn't personally threaten the guy he was talking to, and he didn't refer to anything else illegal. He had motive, i.e. he wanted to win the election, but that's not a crime. He was delusional, but again, not a crime.
To overturn an election under Georgia Law. He was told by his advisors and knew there were no real grounds to voter fraud.