Political discussions
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Pwns »

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I'm considering doing it this time. The woke, illiberal liberal mob left has gotten way too powerful and unreasonable and scary, and they can't be voted out in the control that they have in the media and in universities. Biden has been (wisely) tempering his message, but he and he and congressional donks aren't going to do anything to stop the Macbook Maoists and Starbucks Stalinists.

And if the polls still look grim for Trump in November I'll definitely vote him because then he becomes the default protest . If it's close...well, we'll see where the social climate stands in November.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Pwns wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:50 pm I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I'm considering doing it this time. The woke, illiberal liberal mob left has gotten way too powerful and unreasonable and scary, and they can't be voted out in the control that they have in the media and in universities. Biden has been (wisely) tempering his message, but he and he and congressional donks aren't going to do anything to stop the Macbook Maoists and Starbucks Stalinists.

And if the polls still look grim for Trump in November I'll definitely vote him because then he becomes the default protest . If it's close...well, we'll see where the social climate stands in November.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:07 pm
Pwns wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:50 pm I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I'm considering doing it this time. The woke, illiberal liberal mob left has gotten way too powerful and unreasonable and scary, and they can't be voted out in the control that they have in the media and in universities. Biden has been (wisely) tempering his message, but he and he and congressional donks aren't going to do anything to stop the Macbook Maoists and Starbucks Stalinists.

Save America.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:07 pm

:suspicious:

Which "independents" are they polling? I don't know one true independent that would vote for Biden and in their eyes he is as despicable as Trump is.
I held on to the both sides suck concept as long as I could and I can still understand a third party protest vote but anyone considering voting for Trump over a roadkill raccoon at this point is stupid and/or out of their fucking mind.

:nod:
One side is criminally insane (D) and the other side is criminally stupid (R).

Trump only looks somewhat good because the Donks have decided to embrace the opinions of a bunch of woke windsocks and follow their lead. :ohno:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Biden is a relatively moderate Democrat. Your choice is between one person who is sane and at least reasonably honest (Biden) and one who appears to be mentally ill, is totally corrupt, and is as dishonest as dishonest gets. It should not be a close call. If you are in Georgia and the State looks to be in play you will be irresponsible if you vote for Trump.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm

I held on to the both sides suck concept as long as I could and I can still understand a third party protest vote but anyone considering voting for Trump over a roadkill raccoon at this point is stupid and/or out of their fucking mind.

Trump only looks somewhat good because the Donks have decided to embrace the opinions of a bunch of woke windsocks and follow their lead. :ohno:
Both sides are criminally insane and stupid.

Newsflash: the Dem establishment ain’t embracing the far left or anarchists. Despite all the bloviating that revolution has defaced a few statues and temporarily taken over a few blocks.

:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Newsflash: the Dem establishment ain’t embracing the far left or anarchists. Despite all the bloviating that revolution has defaced a few statues and temporarily taken over a few blocks.

Yes and no on the Dem establishment. They have to give at least strong lip service to them as that is where the votes are at. The Dem leaders know it is a double edge sword but they have proven that they will do anything to unseat Trump. It is going to be very interesting here in the future to see how long the old guard Dems can keep holding off the woke folks.

What happens when the Pelosi's of the party start retiring/dying off? When the Bernie/AOC mindset starts making up the majority of the party? We are not that many years away from that, IMHO.

So as for your "newsflash" I wouldn't bet the farm on those ideas (civil war nonsense aside), the criminally insane and stupid don't behave logically...... ;) I roughly follow anywhere between 10 and 20 state bills at any given time across all the state legislatures. It might surprise you what is currently being voted on and passed in any given state here the last couple of years. :coffee:

Me consulting my somewhat cloudy and chipped crystal ball, tells me that there will be alot of 3rd party voting in my future. 8-) Along with plenty of :popcorn: and :party:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:35 pm Image
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ts-wrapper

One of the most popular Democrats in office right now; 74% of Dems would vote for her (if they could).

If she keeps her numbers up, that popularity will definitely lead her to a nomination in the future if she seeks it.

I said it in 2018 and I'll say it again, I belive we'll see an AOC presidency at some point.
That’ll be as terrible as Trumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Biden is a relatively moderate Democrat. Your choice is between one person who is sane and at least reasonably honest (Biden) and one who appears to be mentally ill, is totally corrupt, and is as dishonest as dishonest gets. It should not be a close call. If you are in Georgia and the State looks to be in play you will be irresponsible if you vote for Trump.
Um

In a couple more months Biden will be a kindergartener again so his politics will be immaterial

The discussion needs to be about Jill Biden and Joe’s Chief of Staff because those two will be running the country

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Of all the nonsense the Left engaged in since Nov 2016, the last 4-6 weeks has really shown everyone what the Leftist agenda is all along. It's essentially boiled down to "Civilization vs Anarchy". Not really a hard decision. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:48 pm Biden is a relatively moderate Democrat. Your choice is between one person who is sane and at least reasonably honest (Biden) and one who appears to be mentally ill, is totally corrupt, and is as dishonest as dishonest gets. It should not be a close call. If you are in Georgia and the State looks to be in play you will be irresponsible if you vote for Trump.
:lol: :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

No but the Dem establishment has enabled it. Therefore they are just as culpable imo.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:42 pm

No but the Dem establishment has enabled it. Therefore they are just as culpable imo.
The republican establishment has enabled it as well. Much of what’s happening was inevitable.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:37 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:42 pm

The republican establishment has enabled it as well. Much of what’s happening was inevitable.
How many Republicans did you see marching arm in arm with the protestors/rioters?

This was not inevitable. But is sure as fuck was after the blue leaders of every large city encouraged it (along with the “defund the police” bullshit).
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 am

How many Republicans did you see marching arm in arm with the protestors/rioters?

This was not inevitable. But is sure as fuck was after the blue leaders of every large city encouraged it (along with the “defund the police” bullshit).
Yeah...this all started in May. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:13 am

Did I misunderstand your “inevitable” comment? I took it to mean you were referring to the riots/unrest.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:19 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:13 am

Did I misunderstand your “inevitable” comment? I took it to mean you were referring to the riots/unrest.
A crisis period, regardless of how it manifested, was inevitable. The unrest too...and we are ALL responsible for it to some degree.

Buy the ticket, ya take the ride.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:43 pm

A crisis period, regardless of how it manifested, was inevitable. The unrest too...and we are ALL responsible for it to some degree.

I disagree. It was not “inevitable”.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:48 pm Biden is a relatively moderate Democrat. Your choice is between one person who is sane and at least reasonably honest (Biden) and one who appears to be mentally ill, is totally corrupt, and is as dishonest as dishonest gets. It should not be a close call. If you are in Georgia and the State looks to be in play you will be irresponsible if you vote for Trump.
You need to look up Joe's first wife's death. She pulled out in front of a semi and was killed. Joe said the driver was drunk. A fucking lie. He killed himself over the anguish of taking someone else's life.

Fuck dude. Honest Joe my ass.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Exactly.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

But lets keep everything shut down because...

...it's almost like this was planned. :stir:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:31 pm

But lets keep everything shut down because...

Brett Weinstein on Rogan suspected it was lab created. Anything is possible.

That has nothing to do what so ever with policy now. Unless you wander into extreme tin foil hat level conspiracy and think those who let it loose also have the cure.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:31 pm But lets keep everything shut down because...

That has nothing to do what so ever with policy now. Unless you wander into extreme tin foil hat level conspiracy and think those who let it loose also have the cure.
I think people are confusing lab created with lab released. The first is tin foil territory, the second is not.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:00 am
kalm wrote:

I think people are confusing lab created with lab released. The first is tin foil territory, the second is not.

If you haven’t listened to it, Weinstein’s riff on Covid starts right about hour 3 of the podcast. He’s an evolutionary biologist and has an interesting take on it. Worth the short listen.

I’d be curious to read your thoughts on it.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Hey, kalmie, why don’t you find an article about the soul-crushing, idea-killing effect of the Duopoly on American politics?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.