2020 General Election

Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ivytalk »

Kinzinger will become a Donk before the ‘22 elections. Book it.

And Cheney might, also.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:52 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:47 pm

link? sounds like bullshit

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542
Here you go. Was Ted Cruz. By the way, was that the branch of the AP that lied about Hamas?

https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-t ... ent-trial/
I see this a few ways -
1) Republicans are now in a tizzy over lack of protection for something that say was like a "tourist visit" and when they didn't feel threatened?
2) If Republicans are in a tizzy over the lack of protection, is that some tacit admission of guilt?
3) Fucknuts like Cruz can pound sand - their lies and decertification BS fueled the flames.
4) Epstein didn't kill himself
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:47 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Here you go. Was Ted Cruz. By the way, was that the branch of the AP that lied about Hamas?

https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-t ... ent-trial/
I see this a few ways -
1) Republicans are now in a tizzy over lack of protection for something that say was like a "tourist visit" and when they didn't feel threatened?
2) If Republicans are in a tizzy over the lack of protection, is that some tacit admission of guilt?
3) Fucknuts like Cruz can pound sand - their lies and decertification BS fueled the flames.
I haven't seen any Republicans worked up over lack of protection. If I remember correctly, Cruz made the statement to point out that if the Dems want an investigation, then let's have one, but it won't be one sided like the Ukraine hearings that left out Republicans and were behind closed doors. Not to mention how statements made under oath were vastly different than what was said in public.

Well, one thing Granny Winebox (Pelosi) got, was another circus with Cheney and Kinzinger as her only Republican representatives. It's the usual cast of losers in performative art.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Nice little voice message left on Michael Fanone’s phone while he was testifying. Sometimes this still feels like the Truman Show.

What a potty mouth... :ohno:
"Yeah, this is for Michael Fanone, Metropolitan Police officer. You're on trial right now, lying. You want an Emmy? An Oscar? What are you trying to go for here? You're so full of shit you little f----- f-----. You're a little p----, man. I could slap you up the side your head with a backhand and knock you out, you little f-----.

"You're a punk f-----. You're a lying f---. How about all that scummy Black f---ing scum for two years destroying our cities and burning 'em and stealing all that s--- out of the stores and everything. How about that? Assaulting cops and killing people? How about that, you f-----?

"That was s--- on the goddamn Capitol. I wish they woulda killed all you scumbags 'cause you people are scum. They stole the election from Trump and you know that, you scumbag. And f---ing too bad they didn't beat the s--- out of you more. You're a piece of shit. You're a little f--, you f---ing scumbag."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 21-7%3famp
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:54 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:47 am

I see this a few ways -
I haven't seen any Republicans worked up over lack of protection. If I remember correctly, Cruz made the statement to point out that if the Dems want an investigation, then let's have one, but it won't be one sided like the Ukraine hearings that left out Republicans and were behind closed doors. Not to mention how statements made under oath were vastly different than what was said in public.

Well, one thing Granny Winebox (Pelosi) got, was another circus with Cheney and Kinzinger as her only Republican representatives. It's the usual cast of losers in performative art.
What operational control does Pelosi to call in the Met Police? How come Trump, when seeing his gov't under attack, didn't call in the National Guard. There were leadership failures all around. But namely by the one person that caused it - Trump. With the info coming out from the intel community - why didn't the Administration ramp up protection. I kind of get the optics perspective - Pelosi would've been damned if she made it look like a contentious election was being certified under armed guard. Fox News, Hawley, Cruz, Jordan, et al would've had a field day with that.

Were those Ukraine hearings the ones that the Republicans refused to attend? Funny how they refuse things and then bitch about not being there (I could be thinking of a different hearing.) Just like this commission - the Republicans chose politics over everything else by putting choads like Jim Jordan on it. Then they pull their selection and complain about representation. Their low-information voter and constituents is too dumb to know any better so we get a vicious cycle of distrust, misinformation or in the words of Sean Spicer, "alternative facts."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:00 am Nice little voice message left on Michael Fanone’s phone while he was testifying. Sometimes this still feels like the Truman Show.

What a potty mouth... :ohno:
"Yeah, this is for Michael Fanone, Metropolitan Police officer. You're on trial right now, lying. You want an Emmy? An Oscar? What are you trying to go for here? You're so full of shit you little f----- f-----. You're a little p----, man. I could slap you up the side your head with a backhand and knock you out, you little f-----.

"You're a punk f-----. You're a lying f---. How about all that scummy Black f---ing scum for two years destroying our cities and burning 'em and stealing all that s--- out of the stores and everything. How about that? Assaulting cops and killing people? How about that, you f-----?

"That was s--- on the goddamn Capitol. I wish they woulda killed all you scumbags 'cause you people are scum. They stole the election from Trump and you know that, you scumbag. And f---ing too bad they didn't beat the s--- out of you more. You're a piece of shit. You're a little f--, you f---ing scumbag."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 21-7%3famp
I bet that fuck nut has a thin blue line flag and a " back the blue" sticker on his car.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 am

What operational control does Pelosi to call in the Met Police? How come Trump, when seeing his gov't under attack, didn't call in the National Guard. There were leadership failures all around. But namely by the one person that caused it - Trump. With the info coming out from the intel community - why didn't the Administration ramp up protection. I kind of get the optics perspective - Pelosi would've been damned if she made it look like a contentious election was being certified under armed guard. Fox News, Hawley, Cruz, Jordan, et al would've had a field day with that.

Were those Ukraine hearings the ones that the Republicans refused to attend? Funny how they refuse things and then bitch about not being there (I could be thinking of a different hearing.) Just like this commission - the Republicans chose politics over everything else by putting choads like Jim Jordan on it. Then they pull their selection and complain about representation. Their low-information voter and constituents is too dumb to know any better so we get a vicious cycle of distrust, misinformation or in the words of Sean Spicer, "alternative facts."
I don't know Pelosi's duties in regards to Capitol police. She obviously doesn't have control of day to day functions but believe her and Schumer wield power over them. Hence the chief stepping down when asked)told by Pelosi. You suppose they will invite the former police chief to their committee? I'm not betting on it.

In regards to Trump, he offered troops. If Trump ordered the troops, how would that have looked? You know it would have been that Trump is placing them for his coup!

In regards to the Ukraine hearings, I'm talking about how Schiff would not release transcripts of what was said behind closed doors and under oath. It took Grenell to do that after Schiff refused. Then we all found out why. Performative art and lying in the public and truth under oath. All of a sudden, the fantastical stories told in public, were denied under oath.

Pelosi changed the rules when Trump got into it office, as was her right, but those who paid attention say it for what it was...a move to create a circus investigating Trump.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:47 am

I don't know Pelosi's duties in regards to Capitol police. She obviously doesn't have control of day to day functions but believe her and Schumer wield power over them.

In regards to Trump, he offered troops. If Trump ordered the troops, how would that have looked? You know it would have been that Trump is placing them for his coup!

In regards to the Ukraine hearings, I'm talking about how Schiff would not release transcripts of what was said behind closed doors and under oath. It took Grenell to do that after Schiff refused. Then we all found out why. Performative art and lying in the public and truth under oath. All of a sudden, the fantastical stories told in public, were denied under oath.

Pelosi changed the rules when Trump got into it office, as was her right, but those who paid attention say it for what it was...a move to create a circus investigating Trump.
Curious that Schumer's name isn't being included in the request for info on not calling out the police or more police protection.

Fake News - there was a convo but Trump never requested anything and Pelosi never received any request. There's just no evidence to back up that claim.

I really don't recall that....but I wouldn't put it past any politician to be two faced. I really don't expect anything less than that, to be honest. :lol:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ps-jan-6-/
A Defense Department spokesman said the department "has no record of such an order being given" by Trump.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Schumer wasn't Majority Leader on January 6 - Mitch McConnell was.

Also curious that SeattleGriz, etc. aren't making the same point about McConnell. But, it's pretty obvious why. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:47 am

I don't know Pelosi's duties in regards to Capitol police. She obviously doesn't have control of day to day functions but believe her and Schumer wield power over them.

Curious that Schumer's name isn't being included in the request for info on not calling out the police or more police protection.

Fake News - there was a convo but Trump never requested anything and Pelosi never received any request. There's just no evidence to back up that claim.

I really don't recall that....but I wouldn't put it past any politician to be two faced. I really don't expect anything less than that, to be honest. :lol:

A Defense Department spokesman said the department "has no record of such an order being given" by Trump.
PolitiFact. :rofl:

I specifically said Trump "offered" troops if needed, he didn't place an order.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 am

I see no evidence that he offered anything. He inquired as to what was being done, security wise, but that's not an offer or a request of troops.

Furthermore, Trump was concerned but didn't request troops. Just like Pelosi...he's guilty then. Right? Is that how this works?

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/01/timel ... o-capitol/

All accounts say that Trump didn't offer anything. There's no memo, direct order, nothing that says he's "offering" anything. He inquired but that's not same as offering.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:34 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 am

I see no evidence that he offered anything. He inquired as to what was being done, security wise, but that's not an offer or a request of troops.

Furthermore, Trump was concerned but didn't request troops. Just like Pelosi...he's guilty then. Right? Is that how this works?

All accounts say that Trump didn't offer anything. There's no memo, direct order, nothing that says he's "offering" anything. He inquired but that's not same as offering.
Fact check. :rofl: Might as well use StOnge as your fact checker.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/trump-offer ... 90294.html
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 am

You say that and then give the epochtimes? C'mon man...talk about bias. Jesus. Next you're going to tell me strippers love you. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:10 am

You say that and then give the epochtimes? C'mon man...talk about bias. Jesus. Next you're going to tell me strippers love you. :lol:
:lol: I had a more neutral site and swapped it for fun! I know you don't trust Epoch times. Hell, I can't even read them. Stupid paywall.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

You say that and then give the epochtimes? All that says is that Meadows said so. That's what you're hanging your hat on? Mark Meadows? If that was a true order, why wasn't it followed and why didn't Trump punish them for disobeying a direct order? Also - why is there no record of such an order? Sounds to me like Trump asked questions but knowing he doesn't like to commit to anything - didn't do anything and so no real order was given.

C'mon man...talk about bias. Jesus. Next you're going to tell me strippers love you. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:11 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:10 am
:lol: I had a more neutral site and swapped it for fun! I know you don't trust Epoch times. Hell, I can't even read them. Stupid paywall.
fookin troll! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

If I were to put 1/6 on a spectrum with "Tourist Visit" on one side and "The biggest assault since the Civil War" I'm going to put it closer to Tourist Visit.

Those two cops and the two Representatives should be ashamed of themselves for crying about it.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm If I were to put 1/6 on a spectrum with "Tourist Visit" on one side and "The biggest assault since the Civil War" I'm going to put it closer to Tourist Visit.

Those two cops and the two Representatives should be ashamed of themselves for crying about it.
Hyperbole is standard fare for politicians these days. Thankfully this wasn't the insurrection that Dems have made it out to be - with that many people, if they brought weapons with them and used them, it could've been disastrous. Luckily it was a mob without any real conviction. Heck, the 5 Puerto Rican nationalists who shot up the House of Representatives in the '50's was more of a violent assault, and actually injured lawmakers in the actual chamber no less.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 pm
andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm If I were to put 1/6 on a spectrum with "Tourist Visit" on one side and "The biggest assault since the Civil War" I'm going to put it closer to Tourist Visit.

Hyperbole is standard fare for politicians these days. Thankfully this wasn't the insurrection that Dems have made it out to be - with that many people, if they brought weapons with them and used them, it could've been disastrous. Luckily it was a mob without any real conviction. Heck, the 5 Puerto Rican nationalists who shot up the House of Representatives in the '50's was more of a violent assault, and actually injured lawmakers in the actual chamber no less.
:nod: They are desperately trying to make this more than it was. Is there a "defense" in this made for TV show? I mean will they call any Capitol Police that thought it wasn't a big deal? And the national network news is lapping it up. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:54 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 pm
:nod: They are desperately trying to make this more than it was. Is there a "defense" in this made for TV show? I mean will they call any Capitol Police that thought it wasn't a big deal? And the national network news is lapping it up. :coffee:
Yes, Donks are desperately trying to make this more than it was while Conks desperately trying to make this less than it was. It wasn't anywhere near the worst insurrection since the Civil War but it also wasn't a nothing burger. It was a significant event and a dark day in our nation's history.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:34 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:54 pm

Yes, Donks are desperately trying to make this more than it was while Conks desperately trying to make this less than it was. It wasn't anywhere near the worst insurrection since the Civil War but it also wasn't a nothing burger. It was a significant event and a dark day in our nation's history.
So a beyond meat burger? :kisswink:
Last edited by Winterborn on Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:34 pm
So a beyond meat burger?
No, I think there's real beef there. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:17 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:15 pm

So a beyond meat burger?
No, I think there's real beef there. :D
If it is real meat, it is probably Holstein or Jersey. Neither of which is a burger meat..... :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Pelosi blocked the conk picks to be on the 1/6 commission, so why should they participate?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 am What operational control does Pelosi to call in the Met Police? How come Trump, when seeing his gov't under attack, didn't call in the National Guard. There were leadership failures all around. But namely by the one person that caused it - Trump. With the info coming out from the intel community - why didn't the Administration ramp up protection. I kind of get the optics perspective - Pelosi would've been damned if she made it look like a contentious election was being certified under armed guard. Fox News, Hawley, Cruz, Jordan, et al would've had a field day with that.

Pelosi blocked the conk picks to be on the 1/6 commission, so why should they participate?
You’re a smart man asking a stupid question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk