Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:43 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:15 pm

Eh.... There is a difference the. Republicans are more star-spangled patriotic and showy about it. The Far Left already desecrates the flag.

But if you are saying a Democrat could do something distasteful and unpatriotic and NOT be reprimanded by his supporters then yes, I of course agree. The difference is that we already see this from the Left.
It wasn't the flag. The "leader" of either party can do anything that their side would normally find abhorrent and they would get away with it to a vast majority of their followers. They're followers for a reason.
I should say the more ardent supporters. Yes.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:35 pm Great :roll:

Totally normal. Right? :?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Noticed on CNN that they have called WI for Biden, but have not called AZ for Biden. That’s odd.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:54 pm Noticed on CNN that they have called WI for Biden, but have not called AZ for Biden. That’s odd.
https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results

Fox has both.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:54 pm Noticed on CNN that they have called WI for Biden, but have not called AZ for Biden. That’s odd.
CNN's trying not to look biased. They realize the Trump Train is coming to an end so they're trying to get back some journalistic credentials by trying to look restrained. It's going to be hard to take CNN seriously after these last four years of abandoning all their principles. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CNN calls Michigan for Joe.

Biden - 253
Trump - 213
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:48 pm Totally normal. Right? :?
While I wouldn't be one of them, if you felt the election was being stolen, wouldn't you want answers before it was too late?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Fox has both.
Fox called Arizona really early last night. They even questioned their decision desk guy a couple times asking how they could be sure.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Fox has both.
Fox called Arizona really early last night. They even questioned their decision desk guy a couple times asking how they could be sure.
I only watched Fox for a couple of minutes as I was scrolling through stations (was mostly on ABC last night) and I was impressed by that guy - he really seemed to know his stuff statistically. I normally wouldn't trust Fox for most things news-related but that guy in charge of deciding when to call states or not was top notch.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Fox has both.
I know that. Been on FNC most of the time.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:48 pm Totally normal. Right? :?
While I wouldn't be one of them, if you felt the election was being stolen, wouldn't you want answers before it was too late?
I’d probably wait for all the votes to be counted. Inwouldnt throw out baseless claims and lies. I wouldn’t say to stop counting votes in states that I’m winning but keep counting the votes in states that I’m losing.

I’m also not a sore loser like Trump. He’s about to face a very public defeat and the moment it is official is going to be glorious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:19 pm Fox called Arizona really early last night. They even questioned their decision desk guy a couple times asking how they could be sure.
I only watched Fox for a couple of minutes as I was scrolling through stations (was mostly on ABC last night) and I was impressed by that guy - he really seemed to know his stuff statistically. I normally wouldn't trust Fox for most things news-related but that guy in charge of deciding when to call states or not was top notch.
This. Fox seems to be pretty on top of it. CNN wouldn’t even call or say it’s leaning D. Fox wasn’t afraid to put it out there.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

We remain at serious risk of having a situation, for the second Presidential election in a row, where the Will of the People is thwarted by an obsolete system designed during the 18th century. It was designed at a time when there was no communication as a system whereby State legislatures picked members of the elite to go pick a President. I've seen all the arguments for it repeatedly. They may have flown during the 18th century. But they do not fly today. Yes it's part of the original Constitution. So is slavery and a system by which women couldn't vote.

The people that support it do so because they are part of a minority that has been able to gain power out of proportion to their representation in the population. It needs to go. It's been resulting in minority rule and it needs to stop.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:42 pm We remain at serious risk of having a situation, for the second Presidential election in a row, where the Will of the People is thwarted by an obsolete system designed during the 18th century. It was designed at a time when there was no communication as a system whereby State legislatures picked members of the elite to go pick a President. I've seen all the arguments for it repeatedly. They may have flown during the 18th century. But they do not fly today. Yes it's part of the original Constitution. So is slavery and a system by which women couldn't vote.

The people that support it do so because they are part of a minority that has been able to gain power out of proportion to their representation in the population. It needs to go. It's been resulting in minority rule and it needs to stop.
WTF are you talking about, the Electoral College? It appears to be working fine. We don't need California and New York making rules for the country.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I won't look up the post where somebody said Trump was going to do great among Blacks and Hispanics. But he did not. In Florida, because the people of Cuban descent, yes with Hispanics. But not nationally.

See https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ident.html.

The numbers may change some but as of now here are the estimates:

Blacks: Biden 87%, Trump 12%
Hispanics: Biden 66%, Trump 32%

I must admit that I shake my head at the fact that it wasn't worse for Trump among non Whites. But it also was pretty much in the range of what Republicans typically get.

Another encouraging sign: Among voters less than 45 years old, it was Biden 56% to 41%. The handwriting remains on the wall.

Hopefully Biden will squeak this out. It's a shame that we go by that archaic Electoral College system that would allow for the Will of the People to be thwarted so we may have to deal with that again. But the trend is clear. A time will come when the Republican Party will arrive at its much-deserved position of national irrelevance.

BTW the Texas trajectory continues. It didn't happen this time. But it was just 5.9 percentage points this time after dropping from 16 percentage points in 2012 to 9.0 in 2016.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 pm I won't look up the post where somebody said Trump was going to do great among Blacks and Hispanics. But he did not. In Florida, because the people of Cuban descent, yes with Hispanics. But not nationally.

I must admit that I shake my head at the fact that it wasn't worse for Trump among non Whites. But it also was pretty much in the range of what Republicans typically get.

Another encouraging sign: Among voters less than 45 years old, it was Biden 56% to 41%. The handwriting remains on the wall.

Hopefully Biden will squeak this out. It's a shame that we go by that archaic Electoral College system that would allow for the Will of the People to be thwarted so we may have to deal with that again. But the trend is clear. A time will come when the Republican Party will arrive at its much-deserved position of national irrelevance.

BTW the Texas trajectory continues. It didn't happen this time. But it was just 5.9 percentage points this time after dropping from 16 percentage points in 2012 to 9.0 in 2016.
There is almost no way Trump wins at this point, why all the gloom and doom. Electoral College system is great. We are a representative democracy, not pure democracy.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 pm Blacks: Biden 87%, Trump 12%
2016 Trump:
Blacks 6%
Hispanics: 26%

The last time a conk got more than 32% with Team Brown was Bush in 04‘ (44%). Trump did better than Romney or McCain.

The last time a conk got 12% with blacks was 1996, Dole, also 12%. The last time a conk exceeded 12% with blacks was Reagan in 80‘ (14%).

Edit: the above was off Wiki.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDK, you aren't in Nevada, are you?

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Sounding like we might get AZ and GA results tonight

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:20 pm Sounding like we might get AZ and GA results tonight

They are faster at manufacturing votes in those two states? PA could take a lesson.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 pm I won't look up the post where somebody said Trump was going to do great among Blacks and Hispanics. But he did not. In Florida, because the people of Cuban descent, yes with Hispanics. But not nationally.

I think it’s comical that a self proclaimed conservative would celebrate that 56% of voters less than 45 would vote to expand government and increase your taxes and chase windmills (literally). Other than your hatred of Trump, they literally stand for NOTHING you purportedly stand for.

the emperor has no clothes, you are exposed as a complete and total fraud.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 pm Blacks: Biden 87%, Trump 12%
2016 Trump:
Blacks 6%
Hispanics: 26%

The last time a conk got more than 32% with Team Brown was Bush in 04‘ (44%). Trump did better than Romney or McCain.

The last time a conk got 12% with blacks was 1996, Dole, also 12%. The last time a conk exceeded 12% with blacks was Reagan in 80‘ (14%).

Edit: the above was off Wiki.
See what you started?! Are you happy with yourself??

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:20 pm Sounding like we might get AZ and GA results tonight

They are faster at manufacturing votes in those two states? PA could take a lesson.

Don’t be a parrot, broseph.

Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:55 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:42 pm We remain at serious risk of having a situation, for the second Presidential election in a row, where the Will of the People is thwarted by an obsolete system designed during the 18th century. It was designed at a time when there was no communication as a system whereby State legislatures picked members of the elite to go pick a President. I've seen all the arguments for it repeatedly. They may have flown during the 18th century. But they do not fly today. Yes it's part of the original Constitution. So is slavery and a system by which women couldn't vote.

WTF are you talking about, the Electoral College? It appears to be working fine. We don't need California and New York making rules for the country.
Yeah because New York and CA would be the entire popular vote. No way other states could defeat them!! :dunce: