Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Master Race

Post by AZGrizFan »

Silenoz wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:52 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 am We have a “Gorillas in the Mist” thread but PCU level triggering when Skelly starts a thread about Cgrad’s and BDK’s homies.
Anyone notice all the black posters slowly left this site one by one...

Well, except Dal. Nothing gets rid of that guy :ohno:
All two of them?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 am
OL FU wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:44 am You know I struggle somewhat with this one. I grew up with a Confederate flag hanging in my bedroom. Went to southern rock concerts in my late teens and early adulthood with a confederate battle flag hanging behind the stage. To me it said "I'm southern. I proud to be Southern. I like southern music, southern food, southern literature, even southern accents. ;) "

So from that level, I have no problem with the battle flag.

On the other hand, after I became an adult and had adult conversations with black friends and co-workers and understood the agony their family suffered with the KKK and other groups waving the flag in their face. I concluded that their arguments against the flag were stronger than arguments for it. I am very sad about the incident that promoted the removal of the flag from the SC State house grounds, but very glad it has been moved.

With that said, I still know people that have a flag somewhere, on their car or in their front yard and as far as I can tell based on the conversations I have with them, they fly it for the southern heritage reasons I stated above and they are not the people pictured in the first post. They aren't racists, although maybe somewhat insensitive.

Personally, I would prefer the flag to stay out of sight but like most issues, it isn't as easy as we would like for it to be.
All good points. Bad people doing bad things can certainly dictate what symbols mean. The swatzika was a good symbol before the Nazis got their hands on it.
:thumb: to both posts. I would love to see us take back certain names and symbols that have been hijacked by bigots. The Betsy Ross Flag is an example. It's a symbol of American freedom and we need to take it back from racist groups that appropriated it. Unfortunately, too much damage was done under the Confederate flag and the swastika for them to be redeemed.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 am

All good points. Bad people doing bad things can certainly dictate what symbols mean. The swatzika was a good symbol before the Nazis got their hands on it.
:thumb: to both posts. I would love to see us take back certain names and symbols that have been hijacked by bigots. The Betsy Ross Flag is an example. It's a symbol of American freedom and we need to take it back from racist groups that appropriated it. Unfortunately, too much damage was done under the Confederate flag and the swastika for them to be redeemed.
What groups? Its been used at POTUS inaugurations for ages. Their wiki page makes no mention.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Ross_flag
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

4th Minnesota didn't burn enough stars and bars on their march with Sherman.
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:16 pm 4th Minnesota didn't burn enough stars and bars on their march with Sherman.
Glad they didn't send their police force down :shock: :D
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:16 pm 4th Minnesota didn't burn enough stars and bars on their march with Sherman.
Have you ever seen this story? Pretty funny:

https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entry/m ... a-century/

FWIW, I agree with Minnesota.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:49 pm
Have you ever seen this story? Pretty funny:

https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entry/m ... a-century/

FWIW, I agree with Minnesota.
#MeToo
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

It was the Race
They said the Master Race
It caught on after grace
Just name the place
And in your face
It was the Master Race
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

When da Fuhrer says,
"Vee iss ta Masta Race."
Vee Heil.
Heil,
Right in da Fuhrer's face.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:48 am Alabama.

I love the South and I love Alabama. I just love it enough to recognize its flaws and shortcomings. :thumb:
Ain't about no hatred better raise a glass
It's a little about some rebels but it ain't about the past
Ain't about no foolish pride, Ain't about no flag
Hate's the only thing that my truck would want to drag
You think I'm dumb, maybe not too bright
You wonder how I sleep at night
Proud of the glory, stare down the shame
Duality of the southern thing
Check out comedian Trey Crowder - the Liberal Redneck
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

OL FU wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:40 pm
Glad they didn't send their police force down :shock: :D

:rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:00 pm
Why does Karen hate capitalism?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:12 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:00 pm
Why does Karen hate capitalism?
Disheartening is the word of 2020. People have truly lost their minds. A bunch of stupid Don Quixote motherfuckers. .
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

These guys aren't nearly as tough as they think they are. They're Green Berets compared with all the "social justice" protestors, though.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:39 am Who is inherently violent?

8 of History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers
Chicago blacks prefer the group method....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

FBI crime statistics show that one racial group in America is 7 times more likely to commit homicide than any other.

I won't name the group, but I'm sure you can make an educated guess.

/mic
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

93henfan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:00 pm

FBI crime statistics show that one racial group in America is 7 times more likely to commit homicide than any other.

/mic
How does it change if you factor in economic status? Pure speculation on my part, but I would guess that homicides and other violent crimes are more likely to be committed by poor people.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:15 pm
93henfan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:00 pm

/mic
How does it change if you factor in economic status? Pure speculation on my part, but I would guess that homicides and other violent crimes are more likely to be committed by poor people.
How does a culture of glorification of violence figure in? You go first.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

93henfan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:15 pm
I would say that it is also a contributing factor. I haven't studied this in detail but I think poverty explains a lot but not all of the statistics. A culture that glorifies violence is another factor but probably not the only one. I think this is indicative of where things are right now but not proof that African Americans are inferior or inherently violent.

I think Islam is a violent in intolerant religion at this point in time but it hasn't always been so. During the Christian dark ages/crusades/inquisitions, Islamic nations and scholars were a beacon of light that saved, expanded and shared knowledge. I believe that the culture that glorifies violence can change for the better just like whites/European Christians changed for the better. I also try to judge people as individuals rather than on some demographic group that they belong to.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:55 pm
93henfan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:22 pm

I would say that it is also a contributing factor. I haven't studied this in detail but I think poverty explains a lot but not all of the statistics. A culture that glorifies violence is another factor but probably not the only one. I think this is indicative of where things are right now but not proof that African Americans are inferior or inherently violent.

I think Islam is a violent in intolerant religion at this point in time but it hasn't always been so. During the Christian dark ages/crusades/inquisitions, Islamic nations and scholars were a beacon of light that saved, expanded and shared knowledge. I believe that the culture that glorifies violence can change for the better just like whites/European Christians changed for the better. I also try to judge people as individuals rather than on some demographic group that they belong to.
Good job. And since it's my turn, I can't say what influence poverty has on violent crime like homicide. I don't believe a proper JSO-proof quadruple blind study has ever been conducted to compare black versus white people who grew up in similar levels of poverty. It probably has some influence, but anecdotally I grew up fairly meagerly and have never had the desire to hurt people. Instead I worked hard, persevered through policies designed to promote people of other races ahead of me, and still scratched out a pretty decent life for myself. My mother grew up in the west end of Louisville KY in extreme poverty, in a house without indoor plumbing, in an integrated and quickly becoming nearly 100% black neighborhood. She also scratched out a lawful and productive existence for herself. Blacks who blame their predicament on systemic anything can cry me a fucking river.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

93henfan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Good job. And since it's my turn, I can't say what influence poverty has on violent crime like homicide. I don't believe a proper JSO-proof quadruple blind study has ever been conducted to compare black versus white people who grew up in similar levels of poverty. It probably has some influence, but anecdotally I grew up fairly meagerly and have never had the desire to hurt people. Instead I worked hard, persevered through policies designed to promote people of other races ahead of me, and still scratched out a pretty decent life for myself. My mother grew up in the west end of Louisville KY in extreme poverty, in a house without indoor plumbing, in an integrated and quickly becoming nearly 100% black neighborhood. She also scratched out a lawful and productive existence for herself. Blacks who blame their predicament on systemic anything can cry me a fucking river.
I don't think that systematic racism is the problem. Poverty is the problem. You're proof that an individual can overcome poverty (or racism) but it requires drive, hard work and probably a little bit of luck.

Does racism exist? Yes. Does systematic racism exist? I don't know. The actions of a bunch of individual racists does not equate to systematic racism. From my limited perspective, systematic racism appears to be a way to avoid responsibility for the drive, hard work and luck required to climb out of poverty. I'm stuck here because of systematic racism not because I dropped out of high school or joined a gang or got pregnant when I was 16.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Take your discussion about blacks' predispotion to violence to the gorilla's thread.

This thread is for the master race.

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)