2021 and beyond

Political discussions

Will Joe Biden last four years in office if elected?

Yes
3
14%
No
18
86%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 36098
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

2021 and beyond

Post by 89Hen »

Simple question, if Biden wins, does he go four years?
Image

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14320
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by GannonFan »

The chances are almost zero. I don't think there's been a surer bet other than cowboys not winning a Super Bowl for the past 20 some years (and counting). He either dies (and I'm not wishing that on him at all) or the more likely that he's the first President where we trigger the 25th amendment to relieve him of the office. Either way, he almost assuredly does not last the full four years. I think the odds are against him getting out of the first year TBH.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8781
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:59 am
The chances are almost zero. I don't think there's been a surer bet other than cowboys not winning a Super Bowl for the past 20 some years (and counting). He either dies (and I'm not wishing that on him at all) or the more likely that he's the first President where we trigger the 25th amendment to relieve him of the office. Either way, he almost assuredly does not last the full four years. I think the odds are against him getting out of the first year TBH.
If he wins, I think the wet dream for the Democrats is that he makes it 2 years so Kamala can finish his term and then run 2 more times (if I'm remembering the limitations on how long a person can be POTUS).

When he steps down, I think it will be voluntary.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18031
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by BDKJMU »

Doesn't matter, Trump is going to win.
BLM: Burning Looting Marxists

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6649
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by Pwns »

Not a chance in hell. The question is how long does he have to hold the title without doing the job so that it doesn't seem like a bait and switch.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55499
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by 93henfan »

The bigger question is, how high will taxes be raised and how many illegal 2nd Amendment infringements will be passed?

It'll be the same huge-government, socialist, anti-America agenda regardless of which Democrat is running things.

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4304
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by Winterborn »

93henfan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 am
The bigger question is, how high will taxes be raised and how many illegal 2nd Amendment infringements will be passed?

It'll be the same huge-government, socialist, anti-America agenda regardless of which Democrat is running things.
The beatings will continue until moral improves......
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I think he'll make it, but won't choose to serve a second term.

I don't care for Biden as much as the next guy, but y'all are seeing what you want to see when it comes to his health. Obviously age is always a worry, but the dude's mental capacities are there if you listen to full speeches/interviews instead of soundbites where he messes up.

I also have no idea how Biden's capacities worry people when Trump can't grasp anything and sounds like a full-time child.

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4304
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by Winterborn »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am
I think he'll make it, but won't choose to serve a second term.

I don't care for Biden as much as the next guy, but y'all are seeing what you want to see when it comes to his health. Obviously age is always a worry, but the dude's mental capacities are there if you listen to full speeches/interviews instead of soundbites where he messes up.

I also have no idea how you guys see Biden as declining when Trump has no grasp on anything and sounds like a full-time child.
He sounds like the individuals that were in the assisted living home I volunteered at back in High School. His last few marbles are wandering around the exit just waiting to escape. :coffee:

Trump is horrible at being articulate and likes to go on and on but at least he stays somewhat on topic. Biden mixes more than a rave party DJ.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Winterborn wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am
I think he'll make it, but won't choose to serve a second term.

I don't care for Biden as much as the next guy, but y'all are seeing what you want to see when it comes to his health. Obviously age is always a worry, but the dude's mental capacities are there if you listen to full speeches/interviews instead of soundbites where he messes up.

I also have no idea how you guys see Biden as declining when Trump has no grasp on anything and sounds like a full-time child.
He sounds like the individuals that were in the assisted living home I volunteered at back in High School. His last few marbles are wandering around the exit just waiting to escape. :coffee:

Trump is horrible at being articulate and likes to go on and on but at least he stays somewhat on topic. Biden mixes more than a rave party DJ.
:|

You definitely haven't listened to Trump speak for more than a minute or two then. Or Biden for a matter of fact.

C-SPAN is your friend.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55499
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by 93henfan »

Winterborn wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am
I think he'll make it, but won't choose to serve a second term.

I don't care for Biden as much as the next guy, but y'all are seeing what you want to see when it comes to his health. Obviously age is always a worry, but the dude's mental capacities are there if you listen to full speeches/interviews instead of soundbites where he messes up.

I also have no idea how you guys see Biden as declining when Trump has no grasp on anything and sounds like a full-time child.
He sounds like the individuals that were in the assisted living home I volunteered at back in High School. His last few marbles are wandering around the exit just waiting to escape. :coffee:

Trump is horrible at being articulate and likes to go on and on but at least he stays somewhat on topic. Biden mixes more than a rave party DJ.
They're both fucking toolbags. Our country is an embarrassment, honestly.

Nobody envisioned this up until probably the Dubya presidency. He was our first certified buffoon and we have continued to top him each successive time.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8781
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm
Winterborn wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm

He sounds like the individuals that were in the assisted living home I volunteered at back in High School. His last few marbles are wandering around the exit just waiting to escape. :coffee:

Trump is horrible at being articulate and likes to go on and on but at least he stays somewhat on topic. Biden mixes more than a rave party DJ.
:|

You definitely haven't listened to Trump speak for more than a minute or two then. Or Biden for a matter of fact.

C-SPAN is your friend.
Is there a chance your bias is impacting what you hear?

93 nailed it.

User avatar
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17480
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
Location: SC

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by ASUG8 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm
Winterborn wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm


He sounds like the individuals that were in the assisted living home I volunteered at back in High School. His last few marbles are wandering around the exit just waiting to escape. :coffee:

Trump is horrible at being articulate and likes to go on and on but at least he stays somewhat on topic. Biden mixes more than a rave party DJ.
:|

You definitely haven't listened to Trump speak for more than a minute or two then. Or Biden for a matter of fact.

C-SPAN is your friend.
You lost me at C-Span.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 14166
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 am
93henfan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 am
The bigger question is, how high will taxes be raised and how many illegal 2nd Amendment infringements will be passed?

It'll be the same huge-government, socialist, anti-America agenda regardless of which Democrat is running things.
The lootings will continue until moral improves......
FIFY

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:16 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm


:|

You definitely haven't listened to Trump speak for more than a minute or two then. Or Biden for a matter of fact.

C-SPAN is your friend.
Is there a chance your bias is impacting what you hear?

93 nailed it.
I've already said that I don't like Biden for months now. And yes, I agree they're both tools.

But it's silly to sit there and listen to both for long periods of time and then say Biden's mental capacity is declining and Trump's isn't.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 14166
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by SDHornet »

Biden won't make it to the midterm election if he wins.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 14166
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:16 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm


:|

You definitely haven't listened to Trump speak for more than a minute or two then. Or Biden for a matter of fact.

C-SPAN is your friend.
Is there a chance your bias is impacting what you hear?

93 nailed it.
Agreed. Anyone claiming Biden is mentally "all there" hasn't been paying attention.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by ∞∞∞ »

ASUG8 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:19 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm


:|

You definitely haven't listened to Trump speak for more than a minute or two then. Or Biden for a matter of fact.

C-SPAN is your friend.
You lost me at C-Span.
I guess uninterrupted live streams of Congressional sessions and Executive members speaking is somehow biased. :?

C-SPAN has to be the most mundane (but important) outlet ever conceived.

User avatar
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7130
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:41 am
I am a fan of: Delaware

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:21 pm
UNI88 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:16 pm


Is there a chance your bias is impacting what you hear?

93 nailed it.
I've already said that I don't like Biden for months now. And yes, I agree they're both tools.

But it's silly to sit there and listen to both for long periods of time and then say Biden's mental capacity is declining and Trump's isn't.
I don't like Trump at all (or Biden for that matter), but to say Biden's metal capacity isn't in decline is totally disingenuous. Like most people who have declining cognitive skills, he fluctuates in and out of lucidness. I have had seen enough varying degrees of dementia and listened to Joe enough to see his mental acuity is diminishing. Sure, he makes sense some of the time, as do most people in his condition.

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26426
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by Gil Dobie »

Biden took Harris as he was told. It's likely she will be the next president in waiting before inauguration day.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3805
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by Silenoz »

Define "last"

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3805
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by Silenoz »

93henfan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 pm
Winterborn wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm


He sounds like the individuals that were in the assisted living home I volunteered at back in High School. His last few marbles are wandering around the exit just waiting to escape. :coffee:

Trump is horrible at being articulate and likes to go on and on but at least he stays somewhat on topic. Biden mixes more than a rave party DJ.
They're both fucking toolbags. Our country is an embarrassment, honestly.

Nobody envisioned this up until probably the Dubya presidency. He was our first certified buffoon and we have continued to top him each successive time.
It'll probably sort itself out by 2028...

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 36098
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am
I think he'll make it, but won't choose to serve a second term.

I don't care for Biden as much as the next guy, but y'all are seeing what you want to see when it comes to his health. Obviously age is always a worry, but the dude's mental capacities are there if you listen to full speeches/interviews instead of soundbites where he messes up.

I also have no idea how Biden's capacities worry people when Trump can't grasp anything and sounds like a full-time child.
Sorry Trip, you're just plain wrong on this one. Trump is petulant, egotistical, you pick it... but he's always been that way. Watch any speech Biden gave in Congress over the years and compare it to now. He is gone. I honestly do not take any joy in that. Seriously. My BIL is starting to slip, and slip quickly. He actually looks a bit like Joe (both were Blue Hens) so it's very painful for me to watch him.

Anyone who says otherwise is in complete denial.
Image

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3805
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by Silenoz »

89Hen wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:00 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am
I think he'll make it, but won't choose to serve a second term.

I don't care for Biden as much as the next guy, but y'all are seeing what you want to see when it comes to his health. Obviously age is always a worry, but the dude's mental capacities are there if you listen to full speeches/interviews instead of soundbites where he messes up.

I also have no idea how Biden's capacities worry people when Trump can't grasp anything and sounds like a full-time child.
Sorry Trip, you're just plain wrong on this one. Trump is petulant, egotistical, you pick it... but he's always been that way. Watch any speech Biden gave in Congress over the years and compare it to now. He is gone. I honestly do not take any joy in that. Seriously. My BIL is starting to slip, and slip quickly. He actually looks a bit like Joe (both were Blue Hens) so it's very painful for me to watch him.

Anyone who says otherwise is in complete denial.
So you're saying we have a choice between the guy who doesn't know Finland is a country, or the guy who is gonna fall asleep and drool on himself during NATO meetings?

Someone dig up Mitt Romney's corpse.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46548
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2021 and beyond

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:00 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am
I think he'll make it, but won't choose to serve a second term.

I don't care for Biden as much as the next guy, but y'all are seeing what you want to see when it comes to his health. Obviously age is always a worry, but the dude's mental capacities are there if you listen to full speeches/interviews instead of soundbites where he messes up.

I also have no idea how Biden's capacities worry people when Trump can't grasp anything and sounds like a full-time child.
Sorry Trip, you're just plain wrong on this one. Trump is petulant, egotistical, you pick it... but he's always been that way. Watch any speech Biden gave in Congress over the years and compare it to now. He is gone. I honestly do not take any joy in that. Seriously. My BIL is starting to slip, and slip quickly. He actually looks a bit like Joe (both were Blue Hens) so it's very painful for me to watch him.

Anyone who says otherwise is in complete denial.
Conditions like Joe’s don’t generally improve.

Comparing him to Trump is also flawed. Trump is not only petulant he clearly lacks any sort of intellectual curiosity or critical thinking.

But yeah I’m with 93 and SD in supporting Trump because, socialism and high taxes or something. Remember how many guns, Obama took from us?
Image
Image
Image

Post Reply