UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2020 Democratic Convention

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:15 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:14 am
I actually tried last night but it's unwatchable.
I did as well. After 5 minutes I gave up and switched over to a rerun of Ice Road Truckers.
I didn't even bother. Watched a little of Blazers/Lakers, Blackhawks/Golden Knights and then switched to Warrior Nun on Netflix.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:50 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:15 am

I did as well. After 5 minutes I gave up and switched over to a rerun of Ice Road Truckers.
I didn't even bother. Watched a little of Blazers/Lakers, Blackhawks/Golden Knights and then switched to Warrior Nun on Netflix.
Fishing with Ladin (casting poppers to resident coho and pink salmon on Puget Sound) and then fell asleep to V for Vendetta...again.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I've watched every minute, via stream and network broadcast, as well as pundit reactions for several hours afterward overnight.

I'm impressed with the Democrats and now plan to vote for Biden. I think he's the only hope for saving America.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 am I've watched every minute, via stream and network broadcast, as well as pundit reactions for several hours afterward overnight.

I'm impressed with the Democrats and now plan to vote for Biden. I think he's the only hope for saving America.
I'll watch if you speak on behalf of Creepy Joe tonight. :nod: :nod: :nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Although it was cool seeing Jill Biden give her speech in my HS. Haven't set foot in there in 35 years, but I immediately knew exactly into which classroom she walked.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 am I've watched every minute, via stream and network broadcast, as well as pundit reactions for several hours afterward overnight.

:suspicious:

This is a troll, right?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:20 pm

This is a troll, right?
#BidenTrain!

#TurningInMyGuns
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:20 pm

This is a troll, right?
#BidenTrain!

#SellingMyGuns
#He’sAModerate
#HarrisIsHot
#AfterYourAssets
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Pwns wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am "Remember , folks. Character really really, matters in a president. Now here's messages from Bill and Hillary Clinton."
But wait, there's more. How about Pocahontas serving on the DNC's Native American caucus, and Linda Sarsour (known antisemite and pro-sharia law advocate) getting air time as well. It's like Trey Parker and Matt Stone produced the DNC convention this year. You can't make this shit up. :rofl:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:18 pm
Pwns wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am "Remember , folks. Character really really, matters in a president. Now here's messages from Bill and Hillary Clinton."
But wait, there's more. How about Pocahontas serving on the DNC's Native American caucus, and Linda Sarsour (known antisemite and pro-sharia law advocate) getting air time as well. It's like Trey Parker and Matt Stone produced the DNC convention this year. You can't make this shit up. :rofl:
Are you still a registered Donk? If so, why? Sounds like you’d be better off as an independent. You can’t expect to use “but I can vote for a less Progtard candidate in the primary” excuse forever. :twocents:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Are you still a registered Donk? If so, why? Sounds like you’d be better off as an independent. You can’t expect to use “but I can vote for a less Progtard candidate in the primary” excuse forever. :twocents:
I am, life long registered Donk in fact. CA is one party rule so there is no reason to change registration, plus we have an open primary. November will be my first time voting down ballot R in my life.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

BuT eLiZaBetH wArRen NeVEr prEteNdEd tO Be NAtIve AmERiCaN!
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Donks couldn't come up with 30 people to clap for Harris.. :lol:
...Since the Democrats can’t have an audience in a convention hall, one of the lame things the Democrats have been adding after people give their speeches is a montage of 30 people clapping individually from wherever they are.

On Wednesday, the Democrats showed just how lacking they are in enthusiasm for Kamala Harris when apparently they weren’t even able to scrape together the 30 people to clap for Harris at the end of her speech. So apparently they duplicated people to fill out the screen, as we reported earlier.

But naturally people busted them on it and it was truly embarrassing. Today, people are really mocking them over it...
https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/202 ... la-harris/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:23 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:50 am

Fishing with Ladin (casting poppers to resident coho and pink salmon on Puget Sound) and then fell asleep to V for Vendetta...again.
How come you didn't post about that in the Fishing Stories thread?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:18 pm Donks couldn't come up with 30 people to clap for Harris.. :lol:
...Since the Democrats can’t have an audience in a convention hall, one of the lame things the Democrats have been adding after people give their speeches is a montage of 30 people clapping individually from wherever they are.

On Wednesday, the Democrats showed just how lacking they are in enthusiasm for Kamala Harris when apparently they weren’t even able to scrape together the 30 people to clap for Harris at the end of her speech. So apparently they duplicated people to fill out the screen, as we reported earlier.

But naturally people busted them on it and it was truly embarrassing. Today, people are really mocking them over it...
Why do Republicans even post stupid stuff like that? There is obviously a pretty high level of Democrat enthusiasm for Harris being on the ticket and it's obvious that they could have found as many people as they wanted to. I don't know what people in the echo chamber think they gain with that sort of nonsense.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:05 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:18 pm Donks couldn't come up with 30 people to clap for Harris.. :lol:

Why do Republicans even post stupid stuff like that? There is obviously a pretty high level of Democrat enthusiasm for Harris being on the ticket and it's obvious that they could have found as many people as they wanted to. I don't know what people in the echo chamber think they gain with that sort of nonsense.
She was polling around 6%- in her home state no less, when she dropped out of the donk primary. Didn’t even finish top 10, or even top 15, in the donk primary. The only thing Willie Brown’s mattress has going for her is being a minority woman. That’s it.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:31 pm

She was polling around 6%- in her home state no less, when she dropped out of the donk primary. Didn’t even finish top 10, or even top 15, in the donk primary. The only thing Willie Brown’s mattress has going for her is being a minority woman. That’s it.
If you have been paying attention at all you know her selection juiced enthusiasm. As one indication just Google about the fundraising spike. The idea that they would've had trouble finding 20 or 30 people to put on screens like that is ridiculous. It's more echo chamber stuff. Dumbasses that are going to vote for Trump pass stuff like that among themselves as though they REALLY have something. But they don't.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

:flag: 15 yards and loss of down for slut shaming an opposing candidate while supporting a candidate who is also a slut.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:43 pm
If you have been paying attention at all you know her selection juiced enthusiasm. As one indication just Google about the fundraising spike. The idea that they would've had trouble finding 20 or 30 people to put on screens like that is ridiculous. It's more echo chamber stuff. Dumbasses that are going to vote for Trump pass stuff like that among themselves as though they REALLY have something. But they don't.
The impression I'm getting from folks I know in Rust Belt states is that Kamala Harris will be a major drag on a ticket headed by someone that no one really loves in the first place.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Watching Gullives Travels with grandson.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:00 pm Watching Gullives Travels with grandson.
Building memories is a good use of ones time. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Then why not simply do it? The people putting on that production analyze production details as much as you analyze polls, to every last minute detail. If they could have gotten get as many women for their screen full of women as they wanted, why would they decide to instead to obviously duplicate a bunch of them so it looks like they don't have enough women? :dunce:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:43 pm
...and it happened AGAIN. :rofl:

Biden can't even get 50 people to show up for rallies on Zoom :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Did Joe “accept” last night?

Did he remember what he “accepted”?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Donks must think people are really stupid to not see the difference between Biden and this kid.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.