Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: 2020 Republican Convention

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:02 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:28 pm
I am. I knew him back in his days on the chas county council. He’s a good guy.

In fact, that little cabal AZ just listed is pretty much the GOP dream team in a few years if they can avoid getting MAGA-y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kristi Noem letting Sturgis happen was good from a libertarian perspective but troubling from a public health perspective. We're approaching 14 days and it will be interesting to see how much spread can be attributed to the event.
Some decent candidates waiting in the wings.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:06 pm Kimberly Guilfoyle......

:rofl:
Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Her and Jr
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:25 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:18 pm

My brother. :thumb: I think Nikki is the last Republican I voted for.
Please. Nikki, Dan Crenshaw, Tim Scott, Condi Rice, Kristi Noem, that’s just a start.
Yep. Those 5 would probably all be in any top 10 list. 2024 seems so far away, yet the jockeying will start next year, with candidacy announcements in around 2 1/2 years (late 22'-mid 23')..

Other names we might hear mentioned Pence, Cotton, Josh Hawley (youngest US Senator), Pompeo, Desantis, Rubio, Rick Scott, Dewine, Pete Ricketts. Course some will throw their hat in the ring, some won't.

If Trump wins I think Pence is the front runner. If Biden wins, I think it would be Haley.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:25 pm
Please. Nikki, Dan Crenshaw, Tim Scott, Condi Rice, Kristi Noem, that’s just a start.
Yep. Those 5 would probably all be in any top 10 list. 2024 seems so far away, yet the jockeying will start next year, with candidacy announcements in around 2 1/2 years (late 22'-mid 23')..

Other names we might hear mentioned Pence, Cotton, Josh Hawley (youngest US Senator), Pompeo, Desantis, Rubio, Rick Scott, Dewine, Pete Ricketts. Course some will throw their hat in the ring, some won't.

If Trump wins I think Pence is the front runner. If Biden wins, I think it would be Haley.
So I should vote for Biden to reduce the possibility of a Pence presidency.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

If Trump wins in November, at least one of Trump's brood is going to run. Trump prefers Ivanka, so she's probably most likely.

I'm sure y'all disagree. But, if Trump wins in November, I don't see any nominee beating whoever Trump wants (Ivanka).
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

You are delusional, analprobe. The Trumps are no Bushes. No dynasty there. Drumpf is a one-off.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:02 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:28 pm
I am. I knew him back in his days on the chas county council. He’s a good guy.

In fact, that little cabal AZ just listed is pretty much the GOP dream team in a few years if they can avoid getting MAGA-y

Kristi Noem letting Sturgis happen was good from a libertarian perspective but troubling from a public health perspective. We're approaching 14 days and it will be interesting to see how much spread can be attributed to the event.
Less troubling than rioting and burning down cities. SD’s cases (7 day moving average) has tripled to 152 since early July. Yet their 7-day moving average of deaths hasn’t gone above 2. TWO. Deaths should start streaming in shortly, amirite???
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 pm If Trump wins in November, at least one of Trump's brood is going to run. Trump prefers Ivanka, so she's probably most likely.

I'm sure y'all disagree. But, if Trump wins in November, I don't see any nominee beating whoever Trump wants (Ivanka).
I’ll take that bet for any amount of money you’re willing to lose. :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:28 pm I am. I knew him back in his days on the chas county council. He’s a good guy.

Im sure we have numerous outlets tracking these scofflaws quite carefully

Maybe if they chuck a firebomb of two at a courthouse their incidence of COVID will go down

(or at least be ignored)

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

We know it's all about ratings for Trump...
The opening night of the Republican National Convention drew a far smaller audience than the Democrats did last week, with viewers tumbling on every major broadcast and cable network except the Fox News Channel.

About 17 million people tuned in to watch the convention Monday, according to data Nielsen released Tuesday, based on 11 channels. That was down from the 19.7 million who watched the first night of the Democratic convention.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:11 pm
UNI88 wrote:

Maybe if they chuck a firebomb of two at a courthouse their incidence of COVID will go down

(or at least be ignored)

They can at least be partially through the phone use but it’s harder to track and trace.

We so deserve this being stretched out longer...

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... ns-move-f/
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:06 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:11 pm

(or at least be ignored)

They can at least be partially through the phone use but it’s harder to track and trace.

So 250k people and it's been 10 days since it's been over. Should be pretty easy to see the spike in cases in various states and people saying they were at Sturgis, right?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:11 pm Im sure we have numerous outlets tracking these scofflaws quite carefully

(or at least be ignored)

Like I said...

If they just go chuck some shit bombs at a police station when they get home, this problem will go away

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:14 am
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:06 am

So 250k people and it's been 10 days since it's been over. Should be pretty easy to see the spike in cases in various states and people saying they were at Sturgis, right?
There are still some states spiking including Montana. Whether or not it’s attributable to Sturgis I guess depends on if they’re asking and tallying the data. That takes time. Usually 3-5 weeks between super spreader incidents and cases.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:14 am
kalm wrote:

Like I said...

If they just go chuck some shit bombs at a police station when they get home, this problem will go away

I think Kalm is avoiding this line of discussion ... :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:14 am Like I said...

Of course he is.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Watching the “Party of Inclusion” parody and mock Melania Trump’s accent last night on Twitter is just irony at its highest form...
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

IMO last night was far better than night one. Melania was meh, but other speakers were great. I do love watching CNN and MSNBC afterwards. It's high comedy.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:09 am Watching the “Party of Inclusion” parody and mock Melania Trump’s accent last night on Twitter is just irony at its highest form...
:ohno: Why do they step on their dicks like that? It's like they can't help it. They have to screw themselves. Criticize the RNC for having nutjobs like Mary Ann Mendoza speak (then pulled when they realized that her anti-semitism is bad for business). Or Abby Johnson who advocates household voting. Or the Qanon believers that are slated to speak (or have spoken).

And while they're at it, criticize the DNC for having Linda Sarsour speak last week. They are all biased hypocrites with ZERO integrity.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:55 am
UNI88 wrote:
Of course he is.

What am I avoiding? I’m anti-protest too. I think everyone just needs to go the fuck home for a few weeks.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:09 am
Of course he is.

What am I avoiding? I’m anti-protest too. I think everyone just needs to go the fuck home for a few weeks.
You might be anti-protest but you focus your criticism on more right-wing events like Sturgis. Many on the right are at least being consistent in being against restrictions and for opening things up. The left is being hypocritical when then criticize events like Sturgis but give the protests a pass. The reality is that from a public health perspective, all large gatherings are idiotic and should be criticized.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:55 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:09 am Watching the “Party of Inclusion” parody and mock Melania Trump’s accent last night on Twitter is just irony at its highest form...
:ohno: Why do they step on their dicks like that? It's like they can't help it. They have to screw themselves. Criticize the RNC for having nutjobs like Mary Ann Mendoza speak (then pulled when they realized that her anti-semitism is bad for business). Or Abby Johnson who advocates household voting. Or the Qanon believers that are slated to speak (or have spoken).

And while they're at it, criticize the DNC for having Linda Sarsour speak last week. They are all biased hypocrites with ZERO integrity.

I knew there was a reason Kennedy was always my favorite VJ. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Of course he is.

You’ve lost your humor in the past few weeks, klam. I understand the recent health challenges, but good grief. Look at 93’s example. He’s back feistier than ever!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:19 am

You might be anti-protest but you focus your criticism on more right-wing events like Sturgis. Many on the right are at least being consistent in being against restrictions and for opening things up. The left is being hypocritical when then criticize events like Sturgis but give the protests a pass. The reality is that from a public health perspective, all large gatherings are idiotic and should be criticized.
It's not inconsistent. The protesters go home to their mom's basement after the protest and sleep in until the next night's festivities. Self-isolation! ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:19 am

There’s plenty of criticism that has been leveled (I think there was a recent thread on this involving Trip :lol:) at the left including their role in the protests. Agree the left is hypocritical. They’re not alone.

Face it, without us CS libs it would mostly be one giant circle jerk.