SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:10 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:08 am

Not sure if this is true yet, but seeing preliminary reporting showing the kid was shot at first while guarding the car lot.

On a side note, you should see the rap sheets on the guys shot.
I've seen the unedited video. He was chased, physically threatened, and he defended himself. He will be exonerated. I hope he makes millions on a book deal and the speaking circuits after he is set free. He deserves it, just like the kid in DC whose life CNN tried to ruin with slickly edited video as well. I'm sure he's enjoying his undisclosed millions in settlement money.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:48 am The low level lawyer whose name you'd have to google was the Deep State all along.
Keep this baseless spin on your Trump Russia beatdown thread. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

So somebody shot at him first, also looks like a Molotov cocktail was thrown. Also saw that the dude shot and killed at the car dealership was a convicted pedo.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Last edited by SDHornet on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:44 pm
Rittenhouse took out a pedophile and a domestic abuser?

This guy deserves a medal. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Synchronized footage of multiple angles. Both shootings happened in just a few minutes.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:24 pm
Rittenhouse took out a pedophile and a domestic abuser?

This guy deserves a medal. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

clenz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:41 am

Agreed.

I think it's important to remember:

(1) Police officers are trained only to discharge their weapons when they have grounds to believe that lives are in danger, be it their own lives or lives of members of the public.

(2) Police offers are trained to use their weapons lethally. Police officers do not shoot for any other reason than to deliver lethal force. That's their training. They are not instructed to shoot to warn, or disable. When they shoot, they are taught to shoot lethally.

(3) When a citizen, being detained by an officer, disobeys the officer's instructions AND engages in an act which is potentially threatening to an officer or a member of the public, the officer is trained to shoot. See 1 and 2 above.

In this case, the citizen not only disobeyed the officer, but opened his car door.

In such a case, the officers will assume that the citizen opened the car door in order to retrieve some form of dangerous weapon, and will treat the action of opening the car door as potentially threatening to the officer's life. See 1 and 2 above.

This would have happened to you and me in the same situation. I don't see, on these facts, a case for racial bias.

I will await more information before reaching a definite opinion.
Ironically there is a video of a white man, who is confirmed to have had a knife in his hand, that was seen charging officers, can be heard threatening to slit their fucking throats.

It took the officers more than a minute to fire a shot. One shot. That was it. Didn't kill the guy.

Wonder one one was allowed to actually threaten officer lives and got that much warning before a single shot was fired while another gets 7 shots to the back.
Linky?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:16 am
clenz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am
Ironically there is a video of a white man, who is confirmed to have had a knife in his hand, that was seen charging officers, can be heard threatening to slit their fucking throats.

It took the officers more than a minute to fire a shot. One shot. That was it. Didn't kill the guy.

Wonder one one was allowed to actually threaten officer lives and got that much warning before a single shot was fired while another gets 7 shots to the back.
Linky?
and context?

Was he facing the cops and just standing there or was his back turned reaching into a car or something?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

He died doing what he loved - going after minors.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:34 pm
They just handed the kid's defense lawyer a gift.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:49 pm
Seven rounds in the back. But you'll be the first to snivel when some cop that doesn't deserve it gets the revenge bullet. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Baldy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:28 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:16 am

Linky?
and context?

Was he facing the cops and just standing there or was his back turned reaching into a car or something?
[tweet][/tweet]
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

.Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:06 am
and context?

[tweet][/tweet]
Facing the cop: :check:
Not reaching into a car: :check:

Wide open area, no confined spaces, hands clearly visible, etc. etc. etc.
Guy dropped like a sack of 'taters after the first shot.

I'm sure CID can explain further, but the two situations don't compare in the least.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

So actually threatening to kill a cop
Actually having the weapon in your hand
Actually charging the officer
Actually not listening to orders to drop the weapon

all of that and you get over a minute of the cop waiting for you to try to comply and then you get 1 shot

There are two differences

1. Blake had is back to the officer - who was maybe 8 inches from him when 7 shots were put into his back while the officer was holding onto his shirt

2. Blake isn't white

You also shifted "facing the cop" from "facing the cop and just standing there"

Good work to you to make that subtle change assuming no one would notice.

Did we see a different Blake video? Was there 50 cars around him and a couple hundred people clogging the street? I dn't remember that.

FWIW, that guy should have been shot - should have been shot a minute sooner.

Why was it only 1 shot. I've been told over and over and over that cops are trained to unload the clip to make sure the target can't move. That would certainly seem to match Blake's case - he was never given the benefit of the doubt of one shot dropping him. He got 7 rounds to the back within a second and a half.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

and context?

[tweet][/tweet]
Ok, so he's outside the car, hands are always in complete sight.

He's being aggressive, but the officer is repeatedly de-escalating by keeping distance between herself and the citizen being arrested. Great police work here. She's not losing her cool by plugging the assclown just for being a dick. Her life is not in danger. No member of the public is endangered.

Finally, when he accelerates at her, she delivers lethal force. Fortunately, the lethal force she delivered did not kill the assclown (Or maybe he did die? I don't know). The act of accelerating at the officer endangered her life, as the man is bigger and stronger than she is. If he was able to get on top of her, he could have disarmed and killed her.

I can assure you that, at any point, he had moved toward his vehicle and tried to open the door, he would have shot in the back enough times so that no lives would be endangered.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am So actually threatening to kill a cop

all of that and you get over a minute of the cop waiting for you to try to comply and then you get 1 shot

1. Blake had is back to the officer - who was maybe 8 inches from him when 7 shots were put into his back while the officer was holding onto his shirt

2. Blake isn't white
Nothing in his hands.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:23 am
clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am So actually threatening to kill a cop

2. Blake isn't white
Nothing in his hands.
You can literally hear her screaming to drop the weapon and he responds will i'll fucking kill you you bitch, i'll slit your throat
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am
[tweet][/tweet]

He's being aggressive, but the officer is repeatedly de-escalating by keeping distance between herself and the citizen being arrested. Great police work here. She's not losing her cool by plugging the assclown just for being a dick. Her life is not in danger. No member of the public is endangered.

Finally, when he accelerates at her, she delivers lethal force. Fortunately, the lethal force she delivered did not kill the assclown (Or maybe he did die? I don't know). The act of accelerating at the officer endangered her life, as the man is bigger and stronger than she is. If he was able to get on top of her, he could have disarmed and killed her.

I can assure you that, at any point, he had moved toward his vehicle and tried to open the door, he would have shot in the back enough times so that no lives would be endangered.
Why weren't the cops giving Blake his space? He didn't have the weapon in his hand. His hands were visible. If one existed it was in the car and was a knife.

Certainly would seem the cops in Kenosha lost their cool plugging the "assclown" for being a dick. Their lives were not in danger. No member of the public was in danger.

The spin on this would be funny if it wasn't sad.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:26 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am

Why weren't the cops giving Blake his space? He didn't have the weapon in his hand. His hands were visible. If one existed it was in the car and was a knife.

Certainly would seem the cops in Kenosha lost their cool plugging the "assclown" for being a dick. Their lives were not in danger. No member of the public was in danger.

The spin on this would be funny if it wasn't sad.
You seem to be missing the point (intentionally?) that when he opens the car door, the officer has no idea what comes next. The assumption is going to be that he is going to pull out a deadly weapon.

In the Blake situation, the officers let Blake (who was being arrested) walk all the way around the car without firing a shot. When he opened the door, the equation changed. For all the officer knew, there could have been a gun on the door.

Again, in the video you posted, the citizen being arrested did not open the car door. And yelling death threats at the officer wouldn't justify plugging him, unless he was actually armed.

This situation is dramatically different than the George Floyd case. There, an officer knelt on the neck of a man, already under control, until his life was extinguished.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:24 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:23 am

Nothing in his hands.
You can literally hear her screaming to drop the weapon and he responds will i'll fucking kill you you bitch, i'll slit your throat
Ok, yes, I did hear that this time. I missed it the first two times.

But she managed to keep distance, de-escalate, while she had a gun and he had a knife. Again, great police work. In the Blake case, though, he opened the car door; his hands were not in sight; and he could have been getting a gun out of the car. These are two completely different situations.