Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trump Selects Amy Coney Barrett for SCOTUS

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:42 am 1st day of hearings so far: Donk judiciary senators have gone full libtard with their histrionics, giant posterboard pictures of people, and veiled attacks on ACB’s Catholic faith..
Are they attacking her Catholicism?
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:42 am 1st day of hearings so far: Donk judiciary senators have gone full libtard with their histrionics, giant posterboard pictures of people, and veiled attacks on ACB’s Catholic faith..
Hopefully. Dum bass libretards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:02 am
Or her catholic Wahhabism?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Flipping between FNC and CNN. CNN bias SO OBVIOUS. Conk senator speaking, and CNN didn’t cover it. Harris is speaking, and CNN covers it. Next conk senator speaking, CNN cuts away.

Course FNC is covering all senators speaking.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Summary of Donk comments:

"Hurrr durr durr bigoted catholics hurr durr durr wimmins rights hurr durr durr Donald Trump"
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:19 am Summary of Donk comments:

"Hurrr durr durr bigoted catholics hurr durr durr wimmins rights hurr durr durr Donald Trump"
You must be one of those “libretards” LB is referring to.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

My God, could Leahy be an older, whiter man?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:52 am My God, could Leahy be an older, whiter man?
Yeah that was painful listening to. Made Biden sound like a speed talker. Everyone was having a hard time hearing and understanding him. They ought to have a mandatory retirement age of 80 for Congress.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:52 am My God, could Leahy be an older, whiter man?
Feinstein, to me, sounds like she's crumbling to pieces when she speaks.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

Leahy was rough. I physically cringed when they were having issues over Zoom and said they couldn't hear him.

He's like one of those old dudes that you have to smile and nod for, and try not to finish their sentence for them even though you're dying inside to do so.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 am Leahy was rough. I physically cringed when they were having issues over Zoom and said they couldn't hear him.

He's like one of those old dudes that you have to smile and nod for, and try not to finish their sentence for them even though you're dying inside to do so.
Leahy....

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:07 am
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 am Leahy was rough. I physically cringed when they were having issues over Zoom and said they couldn't hear him.

Leahy....

That's a long tooth. Doesn't that man have any gums?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

He's been a Senator since winning election in 1974. Every breath he takes is further evidence on the side of why we need term limits. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:10 pm
I listened a little to her hearing and read some of her answers... I know she pissed off the Dems by not pre-judging a case but I think she did well and he answers SHOULD be what the Dems want to hear. You don't want a judge to have an agenda.

Interesting fact I read the other day - most of the Justices are Catholic. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:54 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:10 pm
I listened a little to her hearing and read some of her answers... I know she pissed off the Dems by not pre-judging a case but I think she did well and he answers SHOULD be what the Dems want to hear. You don't want a judge to have an agenda.

Interesting fact I read the other day - most of the Justices are Catholic. :coffee:
She's very bright and has a real excellent grasp of Constitutional law. She's the type of nominee we need. I always said she should've been the nominee back when they went with Kavanaugh. Trump likes him some controversy, though. Gorsuch and Barrett are excellent nominees. Heck, getting Gorsuch on the Court just so he could write that opinion on Oklahoma basically belonging to the Native Americans was worth it.

And as for not answering questions, that's been the modus operandi with these hearings ever since Biden and Kennedy went nuclear on Bork, and then when Biden told subsequent nominees picked by Democratic Presidents not to answer any questions since it can only hurt you. Biden's time on the Judiciary Committee can almost be summed up as a dumpster fire. And that was basically the highlight of his Senate career, other than the Crime Bill and dooming a generation of young Black men to the criminal justice system. And yet he might still be preferable to Trump. We're so screwed. :ohno:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:27 am

She's very bright and has a real excellent grasp of Constitutional law. She's the type of nominee we need. I always said she should've been the nominee back when they went with Kavanaugh. Trump likes him some controversy, though. Gorsuch and Barrett are excellent nominees. Heck, getting Gorsuch on the Court just so he could write that opinion on Oklahoma basically belonging to the Native Americans was worth it.

And as for not answering questions, that's been the modus operandi with these hearings ever since Biden and Kennedy went nuclear on Bork, and then when Biden told subsequent nominees picked by Democratic Presidents not to answer any questions since it can only hurt you. Biden's time on the Judiciary Committee can almost be summed up as a dumpster fire. And that was basically the highlight of his Senate career, other than the Crime Bill and dooming a generation of young Black men to the criminal justice system. And yet he might still be preferable to Trump. We're so screwed. :ohno:
Biden is a dumpster fire. Not just his Judiciary Committee time but his entire career.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Don't get me wrong - there are some answers she just can't provide. I understand and respect that a potential justice won't pre-judge a case on hypothetical. Sounds like she isn't trying to position herself on a topic before hearing the arguments and doing the research. I know she'll use her religious beliefs as a guide in her life, that's expected, however her responses and statements make it clear that she'll follow the law and precedent and not religious dogma or personal feelings. We've seen Gorsuch act the same way when he's sided with the liberal judges. Same with Roberts.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:11 am

Don't get me wrong - there are some answers she just can't provide. I understand and respect that a potential justice won't pre-judge a case on hypothetical. Sounds like she isn't trying to position herself on a topic before hearing the arguments and doing the research. I know she'll use her religious beliefs as a guide in her life, that's expected, however her responses and statements make it clear that she'll follow the law and precedent and not religious dogma or personal feelings. We've seen Gorsuch act the same way when he's sided with the liberal judges. Same with Roberts.

No, no, no. Haven't you been paying attention? Her confirmation will be the end of the Republic!
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:11 am

No, no, no. Haven't you been paying attention? Her confirmation will be the end of the Republic!
oops. my mistake.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:52 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am

oops. my mistake.
Nah, the Republic ended in 2016 - Obama said so. We're in the post-Republic period now. Might even have a catchier name than "post-Republic". Armageddon?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:01 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:52 am
oops. my mistake.
Nah, the Republic ended in 2016 - Obama said so. We're in the post-Republic period now. Might even have a catchier name than "post-Republic". Armageddon?
:lol: :lol:
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

I listened to nearly all of the hearing, though I tuned out for a good portion today.

She did an excellent job of remaining ironclad, focused and detailed.

Obviously no qualms about her competence or qualifications. I hope that she holds true to her word of objectivity and an open mind. That's all I can hope for.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Trump Selects Amy Coney Barrett for SCOTUS

Post by LeadBolt »

If only all justices were so intelligent and poised. Obviously her integrity rises to a higher standard than many of those questioning hers. Applying the law equally to all seems to be her objective. Not sure why that’s a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by LeadBolt on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

If you use the term "sexual preference" you're a bigot.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/merria ... tt-hearing