Political discussions
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Hunter Biden

Post by Pwns »

Exactly why I laugh over the pearl clutching of Trump using high office to enrich himself and his family. That's one way in which Trump is a very conventional president.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/p ... hnson.html
The report delivered on Wednesday appeared to be little more than a rehashing of unproven allegations that echoed a Russian disinformation campaign.
That's the bottom line. Really, you conservatives that still defend the Republican Party need to stop. It is off the rails. It is bad for this country and it needs to be consigned to the ash heap of history. We need a new conservative Party. An honest one. The Republican Party isn't it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:39 pm BTW, Pelosi clearly did not WANT to start impeachment proceedings against Trump. As you recall, what happened is that there was a whistleblower complaint filed according to law. Then Trump released a call summary that pretty much confirmed that the whistleblower complaint was true. That's when Pelosi pulled the trigger. Trump pretty much forced her hand by releasing a call summary that showed any reasonable person that he did what the whistleblower complaint said he did. She would much rather, for political reasons, not have pursued impeachment.

Had she been anxious to pursue impeachment she'd have done it after the Mueller report showed Trump obstructing justice and ordering the White House Counsel to create a false record.
Hate to break it to you, but Pelosi changed the house rules when the new year started, just so they could impeach Trump.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz