Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: POTUS Debate #2 10/15, 9 PM ECB

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:57 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 am

I don't disagree with changing midstream. But you don't just walk away. Show you're the bigger man...
No, you don‘t change midstream last minute with rules that were contractually worked out months ago. If Trump‘s doctor clears him, then there’s no reason not to stick to the agreed upon contract. Heck, the donks already have the moderator on their side with one of Biden (and Kennedy‘s) former employees (esp given his recent tweets).
Plans change when one has an infectious disease. Plans always change. Adapt. Clearly Trump can’t. He’s a Pussy.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:26 pm
No, you don‘t change midstream last minute with rules that were contractually worked out months ago. If Trump‘s doctor clears him, then there’s no reason not to stick to the agreed upon contract. Heck, the donks already have the moderator on their side with one of Biden (and Kennedy‘s) former employees (esp given his recent tweets).
Plans change when one has an infectious disease. Plans always change. Adapt. Clearly Trump can’t. He’s a Pussy.
No plan survives first contact with the enemy. Real men adapt and overcome while pussy's cry foul and hide.

I wouldn't trust Trump's handpicked doctor, a third party medical opinion with access to all relevant records is needed.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:28 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:17 am No, the Commission on Presidential Debates did. Because Trump has fucking COVID. :lol:
Which he probably won’t by next Thur, Day 15..If he has 2 negative tests by then, no reason they couldn’t do it. Add the plexiglass like they did for the VP debate (except this time don’t forget to add it between the moderator and candidates).

But considering how obviously biased Scully is, I’m glad they’re not doing it.
How about the people he’s potentially infected that haven’t tested or tested positive yet that might travel with him?

Biden should just say I only debate in person with candidates who don’t get their entire house sick. That place is a cesspool.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

No need to change plans when Trump isn‘t going to have the China Virus on the scheduled day of the debate. Trump is willing to debate as planned. Biden isn‘t. Biden is a pussy. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:26 pm Plans change when one has an infectious disease. Plans always change. Adapt. Clearly Trump can’t. He’s a Pussy.
No need to change plans when Trump isn‘t going to have the China Virus on the scheduled day of the debate. Trump is willing to debate as planned. Biden isn‘t. Biden is a pussy. :nod:
Would you be willing to bet that an independent 3rd party doctor would declare Lil Donnie COVID free using the JSO standard (if you're wrong you get burned at the the stake)?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:29 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:08 am
Yeah, because Biden wanted to do a ‘virtual’ debate, not a real one.

What a pussy.
You actually think that Trump’s ever engaged in a legitimate debate? :lol:

He interrupts and sticks to the same ol script because he cannot engage intelligently or elaborately.

He’s scared of the ol mute button because his only play will be stripped from the book.

But a one way conversation with himself on Twitter while he’s sitting on the toilet is never a waste of time.

The keyboard warrior = Massive pussy
That fat prick makes Idi Amin sound like William F Buckley Jr.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Trumps afraid of looking like an idiot again on the national stage.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:58 am
They’re not alone.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The fact that none of the Republicans involved in this support Trump should tell you something. And it's not a something about fairness in a debate commission. It's a something about Trump.

It's pretty clear that principled Republicans do not support Trump.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:08 pm The fact that none of the Republicans involved in this support Trump should tell you something. And it's not a something about fairness in a debate commission. It's a something about Trump.

It's pretty clear that principled Republicans do not support Trump.
"principled" :lol:

People like you don't have principles.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 pm
Trump quit first. Pussy in Chief.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:18 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 pm
Wrong. Only 1 candidate has pussed out from doing the live debate, the puss from Delaware..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:18 am

Wrong. Only 1 candidate has pussed out from doing the live debate, the puss from Delaware..
:suspicious:

Is that why Trump said he wasn't going to do a virtual debate? JFC, c'mon BDK. It isn't too late to have some integrity and think for yourself. Don't be a victim anymore to the group think and cult of personality that has taken over the GOP. It's as bad as the Democrats and their fawning over Obama.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:35 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm
:suspicious:

Is that why Trump said he wasn't going to do a virtual debate? JFC, c'mon BDK. It isn't too late to have some integrity and think for yourself. Don't be a victim anymore to the group think and cult of personality that has taken over the GOP. It's as bad as the Democrats and their fawning over Obama.
Saturday:
In a memo, Navy Cmdr. Dr. Sean Conley says Trump meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria for safely discontinuing isolation and that by "currently recognized standards" he is no longer considered a transmission risk.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctor ... oronavirus

Yesterday Trump said had tested negative. If they're doing a 3rd debate live, there no reason they can't do a 2nd debate live 3 days from now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:10 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:35 am :suspicious:

Saturday:
In a memo, Navy Cmdr. Dr. Sean Conley says Trump meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria for safely discontinuing isolation and that by "currently recognized standards" he is no longer considered a transmission risk.

Yesterday Trump said had tested negative. If they're doing a 3rd debate live, there no reason they can't do a 2nd debate live 3 days from now.
Sean Conley is huge in Japan!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am
Saturday:

Sean Conley is huge in Japan!
By at least 4 inches. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Saturday:

But the argument is that people who are most at risk should take steps to protect themselves from exposure to the virus. Biden is 77 years old. Why is it unreasonable for him to protect himself by limiting his exposure to someone who has recently had COVID?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Oh Bob. Maybe the fact that REAL Republicans are abandoning Trump should tell you every thing you need to know about the Mango Mussolini
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Trump just doesn't want to show up to a debate where there is a mute button.
:thumb:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The stuff about agreeing upon the rules is kind of laughable because Trump showed in the first debate that he's not going to follow the rules.

Otherwise: The problem with Trump being "cleared" to debate is that one cannot trust ANYTHING that comes out of this White House.

Next Presidential election they need to be prepared ahead of time to keep anybody from doing what Trump did during that first debate. If they need to do a virtual debate so that they can mute one candidate while the other is talking they should do that. But the kind of crap Trump did should not be allowed.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Saturday:

I don't disagree but the decisions weren't made today....it was made last week when we still weren't sure. When it was determined to protect the health of the candidates by having a virtual debate, Trump pussed out. It's understandable - he doesn't debate. He bully's and interrupts and he doesn't debate the topics. He calls people names and makes outrageous claims not based in fact and that's not easy to do when you're not in front of your opponent. I get it...it doesn't change the fact that he withdrew b/c he didn't like the format and there was still uncertainty about his health. Trump is known to dictate memos and letters from his doctors and to exaggerate everything so we are left to taking everything he says with a grain of salt.

Try to step away from and think objectively.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:11 pm
Saturday:

I don't disagree but the decisions weren't made today....it was made last week when we still weren't sure. When it was determined to protect the health of the candidates by having a virtual debate, Trump pussed out. It's understandable - he doesn't debate. He bully's and interrupts and he doesn't debate the topics. He calls people names and makes outrageous claims not based in fact and that's not easy to do when you're not in front of your opponent. I get it...it doesn't change the fact that he withdrew b/c he didn't like the format and there was still uncertainty about his health. Trump is known to dictate memos and letters from his doctors and to exaggerate everything so we are left to taking everything he says with a grain of salt.

The decision didn’t need to be made last week. They could have waited until today or even tomorrow (TV is plenty capable of that). Trump has now tested negative 2 days in a row, and his doc said on Sat he wasn’t a risk to spread it.

He didn’t withdraw from the agreed upon, contracted, in person debate. He didn’t break the contract.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:29 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:11 pm

The decision didn’t need to be made last week. They could have waited until today or even tomorrow (TV is plenty capable of that). Trump has now tested negative 2 days in a row, and his doc said on Sat he wasn’t a risk to spread it.

He didn’t withdraw from the agreed upon, contracted, in person debate. He didn’t break the contract.
Let's stick to what actually happened instead of playing with hypothetical or best case scenario. In reality - Trump quit first. He quit. Justify it how you like but that doesn't change the fact that he quit first.

You know, it is ok to disagree and criticize him. In fact...it's unhealthy if you don't
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:39 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Let's stick to what actually happened instead of playing with hypothetical or best case scenario. In reality - Trump quit first. He quit. Justify it how you like but that doesn't change the fact that he quit first.

You know, it is ok to disagree and criticize him. In fact...it's unhealthy if you don't
Not to jump into this, but didn't the Commission change the rules first, and then Trump quit? I don't think there's any doubt that Trump quit before Biden, but I'm pretty sure the Commission unilaterally and without notice changed the rules of the debate first.

I think it's a crappy system, but it's the system we have. The Commission isn't some independent organization or power broker, it exists at the pleasure of the agreement of both political parties. They probably should've done this behind closed doors with the two parties rather than making a decision on their own to change what had already been agreed to. Might have still been the same outcome but at least then the Commission wouldn't have overstepped their bounds and given Trump cover to do what he did.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation