I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 'This is their new hoax'

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:24 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
I guess.

But Trump rallies though...
Yep, we should expect no more from our leaders (especially in a time of crisis) than the average protest marcher or spring break vacationer.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am

Disagree. It’s a glaring example of the incompetence/unnecessary risk/ignorance for the sake of of phony strength projection one month prior to election. It’s symptomatic of why we’re #1 in the world when it comes to pandemic control.
Or its an example of no matter what protocols are in place, people are still gonna get the 'Rona. :coffee:
There are more active cases in the Whitehouse than several countries combined. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:02 am Yep. Our selfishness and tribalism as a culture are another symptom. Btw, how many political leaders do you see in those pics?
Future ones? Tons.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:03 am

Yep, we should expect no more from our leaders (especially in a time of crisis) than the average protest marcher or spring break vacationer.
No doubt, but from Trump to Biden to Pelosi to McConnell to Schumer to whomever, we have perhaps the worst collection of leaders at any one given time than we've ever had in our country. In case you haven't noticed, we're flailing at every turn. Luckily the country has gotten along pretty well considering the dreck we have steering the boat, but it's been in spite of these folks. I'm hopeful that dumping a lot of the old folks out of government soon will improve things, but you worry about that when you hear the ramblings of a millennial like trip on here that we'll jettison one batch of crazy for just another batch of crazy. I still have hope, though, but I'm also accused of being an optimist at times.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Btw, Trump now saying he's getting out of Walter Reed around 6PM today, Monday. No doubt he'll start framing this whole event as evidence that Covid isn't that bad and that if he, an obese, old guy can get it and brush it off, then everyone should. The Trumpkins will never wear masks now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump is returning to the WH this evening. I’m sure he’ll be wearing a mask.

Get ready for the libtards: How dare he traveling in a secure helicopter. What about the others in the helicopter? Wah!!!!!
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm Trump is returning to the WH this evening. I’m sure he’ll be wearing a mask.

Get ready for the libtards: How dare he traveling in a secure helicopter. What about the others in the helicopter? Wah!!!!!
I don't care about that stuff, but his latest tweet is dangerous. That unsympathetic POS can go f*ck himself.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:20 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm Trump is returning to the WH this evening. I’m sure he’ll be wearing a mask.

I don't care about that stuff, but his latest tweet is dangerous. Trump can go f*ck himself...unsympathetic POS.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:10 pm

No doubt, but from Trump to Biden to Pelosi to McConnell to Schumer to whomever, we have perhaps the worst collection of leaders at any one given time than we've ever had in our country. In case you haven't noticed, we're flailing at every turn. Luckily the country has gotten along pretty well considering the dreck we have steering the boat, but it's been in spite of these folks. I'm hopeful that dumping a lot of the old folks out of government soon will improve things, but you worry about that when you hear the ramblings of a millennial like trip on here that we'll jettison one batch of crazy for just another batch of crazy. I still have hope, though, but I'm also accused of being an optimist at times.
Exactly my sentiments regarding leadership. Crisis periods are great flushing out the old. I’m an optimist too.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:24 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:20 pm

I don't care about that stuff, but his latest tweet is dangerous. Trump can go f*ck himself...unsympathetic POS.
I don't wish him death, but I couldn't care less if things take a turn for the worse and he dies. Too many people have died who actually give a sh*t about this country and contributed to it in meaningful ways to give a damn about Trump's health.

But I don't want him to die; I want to see him in jail.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Sampling of reactions from hospital workers to Trump's latest tweet:

"I'm absolutely speechless. What an absolute insult to those who have lost someone they love to COVID, those who have permanent damage as a result of COVID, and every single medical professional on the planet."

"The "don't be afraid of covid" part is just a gut punch to all of us seeing the damage it has been causing on the daily. I've had to hold iPhones up to essentially comatose patients as their families watched them die from their kitchen. He is a horrible human being."

"Wow, just wow. I’ve cared for and prayed over Skype/FaceTime with people who died from COVID. I’ve been working 90 hour weeks taking care of these patients. But I’m glad Trump thinks that everything fine and we shouldn’t fear COVID."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:20 pm his latest tweet is dangerous.
What was it?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:10 pm

I dunno...we had Aaron Burr.

And Burr shot a guy!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ah yes, now the Libtard outrage over Trump leaving Walter Reed can begin. Should be entertaining. :popcorn:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Are these the same leaders who sat idly by not saying one word about 100's of thousands of protesters marching in the streets, but had the audacity to call Sturgis or a Trump campaign appearance a "super spreader" event?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Are these the same leaders who sat idly by not saying one word about 100's of thousands of protesters marching in the streets, but had the audacity to call Sturgis or a Trump campaign appearance a "super spreader" event?
Yes.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:33 pm
Baldy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm
Yes.
Actually, no. Those are OTHER shitty leaders. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:25 pm
I don't wish him death, but I couldn't care less if things take a turn for the worse and he dies. Too many people have died who actually give a sh*t about this country and contributed to it in meaningful ways to give a damn about Trump's health.

Stolen from FB, just for you, Trip:
Ask yourself:

Why Don't You Like Him? So, you say you just don’t like him. Well, tell us — what is it about him that you dislike?

Do you dislike that he directed the brokering of the first meaningful Mideast peace deal in decades?
Do you dislike that he made cruelty to animals a felony? Or don’t you care?
Do you dislike that he earmarked billions to stop the opioid crisis?He destroyed ISIS, killed countless terrorists without going to war (even though everyone said we’d be in World War III by now) and kept the peace. Do you dislike that?
Does it bother you that we’re now energy independent and the largest producer of energy in the world?
Do you dislike him because he started to build a wall to keep criminals and drugs from coming into our country and because he respects, honors and defends our country’s borders?
Do you dislike him because he just slashed the price for prescription drugs (In some cases by 50%) which is driving Big Pharma nuts?Do you dislike that he met with the leader of North Korea, averted war with that country and brought a halt to their aggressive missile testing? Was that wrong?
Do you dislike that he signed a law ending the gag-order on pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving options on prescriptions?
Do you dislike that he signed the Save Our Seas Act which funds millions per year to clean tons of plastic and garbage from the ocean? Does that bother you?
Do you dislike that he signed a bill for airports to provide breast-feeding stations for nursing moms?Do you dislike that he signed the biggest wilderness protection and conservation bill in a decade designating 375,000 acres as protected land, making him the most significant conservation president since Teddy Roosevelt?
Does it irk you that he loves America, and puts Americans first? Is that the problem?
Do you dislike that he made a gay man the ambassador to Germany and then asked him to clean up national security, declassifying as much of it as possible for transparency?
Do you dislike that he works for free, donating his salary to a different charity each quarter?
Do you dislike that his economic policies have produced the lowest Black unemployment rate ever?
Do you dislike that he listened to Senator Tim Scott and created opportunity zones to help minorities?
Do you dislike that he passed prison reform, which gives people a second chance and has made quite a huge difference for minorities in particular?
Do you dislike that he produced the lowest Hispanic unemployment rate ever?
Do you dislike that he passed VA reforms to benefit the very people who served our country and defended our freedom?
Do you dislike that he got rid of the job-killing NAFTA trade deal, got tough on trade with China and negotiated new trade deals with Mexico, Canada and other countries that benefit American workers?
Do you dislike that he loves our flag and embraces a policy of unabashed, non-apologetic patriotism? Do you have a problem with that?
Do you dislike that he calls out the media and attempts to correct them when they are wrong?
Do you dislike that he’s bringing troops home and ending America’s longest war? Do you want the war to continue?
Do you dislike that he has made a commitment to end child-trafficking and crimes against humanity and his policies have brought about thousands of arrests already?
Do you dislike that he extended the offshore drilling ban along both Florida coasts as well as the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina? Are you bothered by that?
Do you dislike he’s brought home over 40 Americans held captive, the last one from Iran?
Or do you dislike that he’s making the world pay their fair share to the United Nations?
Do you dislike that he respects cops, veterans, ICE and all first responders?
Do you dislike that he does not sell out America to other countries, like the leaders prior to him have done?
Do you dislike that he’s forced our NATO allies and others to finally pay their fair share to support important multi-national alliances?
Do you dislike that he moved our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem which is the rightful capital of the Jewish state?
Do you dislike that he signed the Right To Try law allowing terminally ill patients access to experimental therapies?

This list is hardly a complete list of what President Trump has accomplished in four years.There’s actually more — a lot more.But hopefully, you get the idea.Nobody is asking you to love President Trump. Nobody is asking you to be his best friend. In fact, you don’t even have to like him.But just take a moment to give this some mature thought and you’ll find that you’d be less than fair and honest if you did not recognize all that he’s accomplished for America — often against overwhelming odds and with powerful special interests aligned against him.So, try to put aside emotionalism and arbitrary and capricious preferences for now, avoid the temptation to demonize the president and focus on who’s really effective; who has the vision, stamina and determination to do the job; who gets things done and who’s going to continue to solve our problems and keep America on the right track moving forward.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:41 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Ask yourself:

Why Don't You Like Him? So, you say you just don’t like him. Well, tell us — what is it about him that you dislike?

Do you dislike that he directed the brokering of the first meaningful Mideast peace deal in decades?
Do you dislike that he made cruelty to animals a felony? Or don’t you care?
Do you dislike that he earmarked billions to stop the opioid crisis?He destroyed ISIS, killed countless terrorists without going to war (even though everyone said we’d be in World War III by now) and kept the peace. Do you dislike that?
Does it bother you that we’re now energy independent and the largest producer of energy in the world?
Do you dislike him because he started to build a wall to keep criminals and drugs from coming into our country and because he respects, honors and defends our country’s borders?
Do you dislike him because he just slashed the price for prescription drugs (In some cases by 50%) which is driving Big Pharma nuts?Do you dislike that he met with the leader of North Korea, averted war with that country and brought a halt to their aggressive missile testing? Was that wrong?
Do you dislike that he signed a law ending the gag-order on pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving options on prescriptions?
Do you dislike that he signed the Save Our Seas Act which funds millions per year to clean tons of plastic and garbage from the ocean? Does that bother you?
Do you dislike that he signed a bill for airports to provide breast-feeding stations for nursing moms?Do you dislike that he signed the biggest wilderness protection and conservation bill in a decade designating 375,000 acres as protected land, making him the most significant conservation president since Teddy Roosevelt?
Does it irk you that he loves America, and puts Americans first? Is that the problem?
Do you dislike that he made a gay man the ambassador to Germany and then asked him to clean up national security, declassifying as much of it as possible for transparency?
Do you dislike that he works for free, donating his salary to a different charity each quarter?
Do you dislike that his economic policies have produced the lowest Black unemployment rate ever?
Do you dislike that he listened to Senator Tim Scott and created opportunity zones to help minorities?
Do you dislike that he passed prison reform, which gives people a second chance and has made quite a huge difference for minorities in particular?
Do you dislike that he produced the lowest Hispanic unemployment rate ever?
Do you dislike that he passed VA reforms to benefit the very people who served our country and defended our freedom?
Do you dislike that he got rid of the job-killing NAFTA trade deal, got tough on trade with China and negotiated new trade deals with Mexico, Canada and other countries that benefit American workers?
Do you dislike that he loves our flag and embraces a policy of unabashed, non-apologetic patriotism? Do you have a problem with that?
Do you dislike that he calls out the media and attempts to correct them when they are wrong?
Do you dislike that he’s bringing troops home and ending America’s longest war? Do you want the war to continue?
Do you dislike that he has made a commitment to end child-trafficking and crimes against humanity and his policies have brought about thousands of arrests already?
Do you dislike that he extended the offshore drilling ban along both Florida coasts as well as the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina? Are you bothered by that?
Do you dislike he’s brought home over 40 Americans held captive, the last one from Iran?
Or do you dislike that he’s making the world pay their fair share to the United Nations?
Do you dislike that he respects cops, veterans, ICE and all first responders?
Do you dislike that he does not sell out America to other countries, like the leaders prior to him have done?
Do you dislike that he’s forced our NATO allies and others to finally pay their fair share to support important multi-national alliances?
Do you dislike that he moved our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem which is the rightful capital of the Jewish state?
Do you dislike that he signed the Right To Try law allowing terminally ill patients access to experimental therapies?

This list is hardly a complete list of what President Trump has accomplished in four years.There’s actually more — a lot more.But hopefully, you get the idea.Nobody is asking you to love President Trump. Nobody is asking you to be his best friend. In fact, you don’t even have to like him.But just take a moment to give this some mature thought and you’ll find that you’d be less than fair and honest if you did not recognize all that he’s accomplished for America — often against overwhelming odds and with powerful special interests aligned against him.So, try to put aside emotionalism and arbitrary and capricious preferences for now, avoid the temptation to demonize the president and focus on who’s really effective; who has the vision, stamina and determination to do the job; who gets things done and who’s going to continue to solve our problems and keep America on the right track moving forward.
Another post saying thing he did had effects they didn't have.

He didn't destroy ISIS. He took over when an effort to take territory held by ISIS was underway and it continued. The outcome in terms of ISIS losing the territory it held was not in doubt. It would've happened regardless of who was President. And ISIS still exits.

We will see how meaningful his mideast "Peace" deal is. He has also inflamed the Middle East by doing things like moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

We are not energy independent. And to the extent that we are closer to that it is not because of Trump. It is because of advances in technology that pre-dated him. Another one of those trends that continued while he was in office.

Had he never been elected we were not going to war with North Korea. He stirred up shit then acted like he saved the day. He did not stop their aggressive testing. They did what they wanted to do and got to the point they wanted to get to with respect to certain things and continued to test with respect to other things.

I could go on. But that whole post is another load of crap from another Trump apologist trying to act like he's accomplished a lot when he hasn't.

And BTW he completely botched the COVID-19 thing and he is continuing to botch it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

There is a problem with the steroid they are giving Trump:
U.S. President Donald Trump is being treated for COVID-19 with a steroid that is recommended for severe cases of the illness and that comes with risks of serious side effects, including mood swings, aggression and confusion.
So...with Trump....how are they going to tell if the side effects are going on? Mood swings, aggression and confusion are standard aspects of Trump behavior. How are they going to tell?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:15 pm There is a problem with the steroid they are giving Trump:
U.S. President Donald Trump is being treated for COVID-19 with a steroid that is recommended for severe cases of the illness and that comes with risks of serious side effects, including mood swings, aggression and confusion.
So...with Trump....how are they going to tell if the side effects are going on? Mood swings, aggression and confusion are standard aspects of Trump behavior. How are they going to tell?
:lol: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:09 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:41 pm

He didn't destroy ISIS. He took over when an effort to take territory held by ISIS was underway and it continued. The outcome in terms of ISIS losing the territory it held was not in doubt. It would've happened regardless of who was President. And ISIS still exits.

We will see how meaningful his mideast "Peace" deal is. He has also inflamed the Middle East by doing things like moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

We are not energy independent. And to the extent that we are closer to that it is not because of Trump. It is because of advances in technology that pre-dated him. Another one of those trends that continued while he was in office.

Had he never been elected we were not going to war with North Korea. He stirred up shit then acted like he saved the day. He did not stop their aggressive testing. They did what they wanted to do and got to the point they wanted to get to with respect to certain things and continued to test with respect to other things.

I could go on. But that whole post is another load of crap from another Trump apologist trying to act like he's accomplished a lot when he hasn't.

And BTW he completely botched the COVID-19 thing and he is continuing to botch it.
Hey Jon, do one of those posts for Biden’s 47 years in government. :coffee: :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:26 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Hey Jon, do one of those posts for Biden’s 47 years in government. :coffee: :coffee:
How was life for you under that repressive regime?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

It was nice of Trump to take off the mask and show how us how weak Covid's made him. Dude was wincing hard at every breath.

100% guarantee his record says "Discharged Against Medical Advice."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm It was nice of Trump to take off the mask and show how us how weak Covid's made him. Dude was wincing hard at every breath.

100% guarantee his record says "Discharged Against Medical Advice."
He just switched hospitals.