Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: So, hhmmmm, what's a new topic? Hunter Biden

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:19 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:37 am

He cared (and still cares) more about being seen as rich and successful than he does about people thinking he might be crooked. I'm sure he didn't see the value in being exonerated morally when it could compromise the standing of people thinking he was incredibly rich and successful.
:nod:

And there might not be enough evidence to convict him of a crime, but I would bet SG's house that he has instructed people who work for him to commit crimes (bribery, etc.). He's an immoral, unethical, self-centered SOB. Anyone who argues against that is as delusional as Kalm arguing that AOChe isn't a marxist.
Simmer down McCarthy. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:26 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:37 am

He cared (and still cares) more about being seen as rich and successful than he does about people thinking he might be crooked. I'm sure he didn't see the value in being exonerated morally when it could compromise the standing of people thinking he was incredibly rich and successful.
Exactly. Rich and successful is his brand.

In addition, submitting his taxes was a lose lose. Show a huge amount of money and he would be attacked for not knowing how to relate to the little person. Show too little and wreck your brand.
He's a billionaire who grew up a millionaire. Of course he doesn't know how to relate to the avg person.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:01 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:26 am
Exactly. Rich and successful is his brand.

In addition, submitting his taxes was a lose lose. Show a huge amount of money and he would be attacked for not knowing how to relate to the little person. Show too little and wreck your brand.
He self identifies as a billionaire who grew up a millionaire. Of course he doesn't know how to relate to the avg person.
FYP
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

So after the entire MSM ran interference for the Biden grifty laptop story... calling it Russian disinfo.. and Facebook and Twitter doing their part to kill Democracy with darkness by blocking the NYPost story...

Politico Playbook finally admits there’s a “there” there

(PP is a paywall so this is the HotAir link)

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/09 ... ll-n417333

If the “Democracy Dies in Darkness” media wing of the DNC had done their jobs, would it have affected the outcome of the election? Maybe not. In fact, probably not.

But for all the hair pulling over democracy, norms and institutions, it appears that the loudest voices over those issues only care when it is a Republican threatening them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:41 am So after the entire MSM ran interference for the Biden grifty laptop story... calling it Russian disinfo.. and Facebook and Twitter doing their part to kill Democracy with darkness by blocking the NYPost story...

If the “Democracy Dies in Darkness” media wing of the DNC had done their jobs, would it have affected the outcome of the election? Maybe not. In fact, probably not.

But for all the hair pulling over democracy, norms and institutions, it appears that the loudest voices over those issues only care when it is a Republican threatening them

The fact that the Hunter laptop story was suppressed across the board should have been a tell to anyone with a brain that it was a legit story.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:41 am So after the entire MSM ran interference for the Biden grifty laptop story... calling it Russian disinfo.. and Facebook and Twitter doing their part to kill Democracy with darkness by blocking the NYPost story...

The fact that the Hunter laptop story was suppressed across the board should have been a tell to anyone with a brain that it was a legit story.
TBH, I don’t really care that much about some politician’s shitty kid

But I think the media today is becoming a danger. It is populated by a large swath of undereducated kids with the ability to string sentences together and not much more. Obama’s guy on the JCPOA was right about them - they are a bunch of neophyte kids who know very little about pretty much anything who can be spoon fed.

Joe Biden will soon be relegated to the history books of forgettable weak Presidents and his awful brood will go with him - but the media engine that tried its best to protect him will still be here. It reminds me of the media landscape in Weimar Germany where pretty much the only newspapers were wholly controlled by the Nazi and Communist factions. None of them were truly independent.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:27 am
SDHornet wrote:

But I think the media today is becoming a danger. It is populated by a large swath of undereducated kids with the ability to string sentences together and not much more. Obama’s guy on the JCPOA was right about them - they are a bunch of neophyte kids who know very little about pretty much anything who can be spoon fed.

Joe Biden will soon be relegated to the history books of forgettable weak Presidents and his awful brood will go with him - but the media engine that tried its best to protect him will still be here. It reminds me of the media landscape in Weimar Germany where pretty much the only newspapers were wholly controlled by the Nazi and Communist factions. None of them were truly independent.

I don't care about politicians kids either...

...except when they are used as a front to embezzle money from foreigners. Kinda an issue at that point.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

SDHornet wrote:

"Trump's an asshole so I don't care that it happened this time. But I just noticed this part could be dangerous next time. So, when I like the next candidate, I'll be more attentive."

Is this a good Cliff's notes version?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

andy7171 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:27 am TBH, I don’t really care that much about some politician’s shitty kid

"Trump's an asshole so I don't care that it happened this time. But I just noticed this part could be dangerous next time. So, when I like the next candidate, I'll be more attentive."

I certainly do care that Hunter Biden has been cashing in on his last name for years

But things like that are easily exposed and remedied with a healthy, independent, and objective media. We have pretty much the opposite of that when it comes to Democrat pols. With the media doing its job, there would have been a big political cost for Joe Biden because of his son’s shenanigans.

Hunter Bidens are a dime a dozen. They only become security risks or successful grifters when the media looks the other way

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:48 am
andy7171 wrote:

I certainly do care that Hunter Biden has been cashing in on his last name for years

But things like that are easily exposed and remedied with a healthy, independent, and objective media. We have pretty much the opposite of that when it comes to Democrat pols. With the media doing its job, there would have been a big political cost for Joe Biden because of his son’s shenanigans.

Hunter Bidens are a dime a dozen. They only become security risks or successful grifters when the media looks the other way

Hunter Biden makes me yearn for the halcyon days of Billy Carter. At least the erstwhile First Brother produced some beer.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:48 am I certainly do care that Hunter Biden has been cashing in on his last name for years

Hunter Biden makes me yearn for the halcyon days of Billy Carter. At least the erstwhile First Brother produced some beer.
I was literally thinking about Billy Carter as I typed my post.

On Ring Night back when I was a firstclassman at El Cid, Band Company had a party out at a house on Folly Beach and the fridge was fully stocked with Billy Beer. It wasn’t bad beer.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:19 am

I'd like to see the proof (just like i'd like to see the proof of widespread voter fraud). I think Trump learned quick how to cover his tracks. We all knew he was a joke and probably crooked before he ran for POTUS. I'm not sure what's changed since 2015.

The NYT did uncover some weird dealings. Plus the information from Cohen, it seems that there might be something there. Of course, Trump could just release all of his taxes and financial documents and we could clear it up once and for all.
That's been one of my points. I feel with all the deep state shenanigans, they have looked at his returns and haven't found anything, because there isn't anything.

By the way, do you remember how everyone said Trump was lying about being audited and then buried in the Times article was that Trump was being audited...for trying to take advantage of a tax break enacted by Obama when both the Senate and House were Democrat controlled.

We'll just have to disagree.
which returns? :?

The ones he shows the bank or the ones he shows the IRS? :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:18 pm

Is that the laptop that wound up in Giuliani's posession? :mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:18 pm The fact that the Hunter laptop story was suppressed across the board should have been a tell to anyone with a brain that it was a legit story.
HD...

You can either keep up with your bush hogging/lawn mowing or you can keep up with Hunter Biden

You cant do both

Hunter’s laptop was proven legit a while back. All the grifty grift grift is oozing out now

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:

Empires come and empires go. Thus, America :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:24 pm
houndawg wrote:
HD...

You can either keep up with your bush hogging/lawn mowing or you can keep up with Hunter Biden

You cant do both

Hunter’s laptop was proven legit a while back. All the grifty grift grift is oozing out now

The child(ren) of a President of the United States is involved in something shady? Stop the presses. :coffee:

Now Rudy will expect to be appointed head of the FBI after the '24 election I guess
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

NY TImes finally admits what intelligent people knew back when the Hunter Biden laptop story came out.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:23 am NY TImes finally admits what intelligent people knew back when the Hunter Biden laptop story came out.
That can’t be. The little red head Goebbels said it was Russian Disinformation..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:23 am NY TImes finally admits what intelligent people knew back when the Hunter Biden laptop story came out.
:lol: Has there been anything the left pushed in 2019-2020 that ended up being true?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Remember, Facebook and Twitter banned the NYPost article on this

Nobody - NOBODY had evidence that this was Russian misinfo and yet they spouted it just like “stop the steal”

Where were the “said without evidence” chyrons on CNN?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:39 am
:lol: Has there been anything the left pushed in 2019-2020 that ended up being true?
You mean during the Trump years?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:47 am Remember, Facebook and Twitter banned the NYPost article on this

Nobody - NOBODY had evidence that this was Russian misinfo and yet they spouted it just like “stop the steal”

And don't forget the 50 top intelligence officials that signed a letter saying it was Russian disinformation. :ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:08 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:39 am

You mean during the Trump years?
Yes, leading up to the election.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:09 am
CID1990 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:47 am Remember, Facebook and Twitter banned the NYPost article on this

And don't forget the 50 top intelligence officials that signed a letter saying it was Russian disinformation. :ohno:
They must've been from the 17 intelligence agencies that bought into Russia collusion as well.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

The same folks who said the Steele dossier was credible while Hunter's laptop wasn't.

They're doing a fine job.