mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: So, hhmmmm, what's a new topic? Hunter Biden

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:17 pm
HI54UNI wrote:Hunter Biden Says He Is Under Federal Investigation For Tax Matter

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-tran ... tax-matter

So daddy's DOJ will be finishing this investigation. I'm sure it will all be on the up and up. :roll:
I thought a persons taxes didn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's different!

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

mainejeff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:22 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:44 pm Hunter Biden Says He Is Under Federal Investigation For Tax Matter

So daddy's DOJ will be finishing this investigation. I'm sure it will all be on the up and up. :roll:
How would a DOJ tax investigation under Trump/Barr go with Jr, Ivanka & Eric?

About the same. Which tells you 1) all you need to know about Biden's ethics and moral integrity and 2) how Donks and Conks are the same when it comes to willingness to overlook their own candidate's shortcomings while criticizing the other side's candidate's for the same thing.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

mainejeff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:22 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:44 pm Hunter Biden Says He Is Under Federal Investigation For Tax Matter

How would a DOJ tax investigation under Trump/Barr go with Jr, Ivanka & Eric?

Probably about as well. It would be nice if people would start realizing that both parties suck and that anybody that has been around DC for an extended period is shit. Think Biden, Pelosi, Grassley, McConnell, etc.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Does anyone find it interesting this is finally coming out in the news? We all know it was sat on until after the election, but who is now pushing this?

Is it Trump as payback, or is it the Left trying to push Ol' Joe out the door already? The Bernie crowd isn't too happy with Joe's appointments.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:57 am Does anyone find it interesting this is finally coming out in the news? We all know it was sat on until after the election, but who is now pushing this?

Is it Trump as payback, or is it the Left trying to push Ol' Joe out the door already? The Bernie crowd isn't too happy with Joe's appointments.
I was just thinking this yesterday. I was like, but but but Biden won.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:57 am Does anyone find it interesting this is finally coming out in the news? We all know it was sat on until after the election, but who is now pushing this?

I thought Republicans didn't care about another person's taxes.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:58 am

I don't care about others taxes, especially when they are under audit like Trump, but I do care about influence peddling.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:44 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:58 am
I don't care about others taxes, especially when they are under audit like Trump, but I do care about influence peddling.
How many people joined Mar-a-lago and other Trump clubs in order to curry favor with Lil' Donny? Trump is just as guilty of influence peddling as any beltway swamp rat.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:44 pm

How many people joined Mar-a-lago and other Trump clubs in order to curry favor with Lil' Donny? Trump is just as guilty of influence peddling as any beltway swamp rat.
I don't know. How many? Can you name me some? We have lot's of proof of Hunter.

All I know is the Deep State and the FBI tried to find anything on Trump and failed. At this point with all the intelligence surveillance and scrubbing of everything he has done, I would guess that he is the most honest politician we have had in years.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:29 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:17 pm

All I know is the Deep State and the FBI tried to find anything on Trump and failed. At this point with all the intelligence surveillance and scrubbing of everything he has done, I would guess that he is the most honest politician we have had in years.
That's like being the most virtuous hooker. Trump is to honesty what Biden is to mental acuity.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:06 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:29 pm

That's like being the most virtuous hooker. Trump is to honesty what Biden is to mental acuity.
This should really go in the Miscellaneous thread but since you brought up hookers.... :D

The article brings a few things to mind that I question. The first is how is she pulling in $1 million a year? The second is she a natural redhead?
This working gal is sick of the COVID C-block.

Alice Little, the woman who infamously hypes herself as the “highest-earning sex worker in the US,” is suing the state of Nevada in a bid to force the reopening of brothels amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Little’s big lawsuit comes after the state’s governor, Steve Sisolak, excluded houses of ill repute from the “close contact” establishments he permitted to get back to business as part of phase 2 reopening efforts in May.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/americas- ... k-of-work/

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:17 pm How many people joined Mar-a-lago and other Trump clubs in order to curry favor with Lil' Donny? Trump is just as guilty of influence peddling as any beltway swamp rat.

Seriously? There’s an investigation right now about Trump Org and influence peddling.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:08 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

Seriously? There’s an investigation right now about Trump Org and influence peddling.

Is it serious like Russia collusion? I sure hope not StIbanez. :lol:

How about a link please.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:17 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:08 pm

How about a link please.
I'm not here to do your homework for you, Junior. :mrgreen: :coffee: It's the DOJ, if i'm not mistaken.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:33 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:17 pm

How about a link please.
I'm not here to do your homework for you, Junior. :mrgreen: :coffee: It's the DOJ, if i'm not mistaken.
Lol. You're kidding me right? The NYAG? Like I said. Hope it's not as bad as his Russia collusion dealings.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:45 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:33 am

Lol. You're kidding me right? The NYAG? Like I said. Hope it's not as bad as his Russia collusion dealings.
you're right. Innocent people always hide their dealings and talk about pre-emptive pardons. :roll:

Anyone who thinks a Real Estate Developer in NYC, during a time when the mob ran NYC, and whose personal lawyer was a mob attorney is pure as the driven snow is just not critically thinking. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:57 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:45 am

you're right. Innocent people always hide their dealings and talk about pre-emptive pardons. :roll:

Anyone who thinks a Real Estate Developer in NYC, during a time when the mob ran NYC, and whose personal lawyer was a mob attorney is pure as the driven snow is just not critically thinking. :lol:
Where's the proof?

Is it so hard to comprehend Trump was smart enough to use lawyers and accountants and not personally use Turbo Tax? :lol:

The Clinton's were the same way. They knew to put a layer of lawyers between themselves and their deeds.

As much as you and I don't like it, it's all legal.

Why do you think the NY Times couldn't find any wrong doing when Trump's Corporate returns were leaked to them.

Nothing burger.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:14 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:57 am

Where's the proof?

Is it so hard to comprehend Trump was smart enough to use lawyers and accountants and not personally use Turbo Tax? :lol:

The Clinton's were the same way. They knew to put a layer of lawyers between themselves and their deeds.

Why do you think the NY Times couldn't find any wrong doing when Trump's Corporate returns were leaked to them.

Nothing burger.
I'd like to see the proof (just like i'd like to see the proof of widespread voter fraud). I think Trump learned quick how to cover his tracks. We all knew he was a joke and probably crooked before he ran for POTUS. I'm not sure what's changed since 2015.

The NYT did uncover some weird dealings. Plus the information from Cohen, it seems that there might be something there. Of course, Trump could just release all of his taxes and financial documents and we could clear it up once and for all.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:19 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:14 am

Where's the proof?

Nothing burger.
I'd like to see the proof (just like i'd like to see the proof of widespread voter fraud). I think Trump learned quick how to cover his tracks. We all knew he was a joke and probably crooked before he ran for POTUS. I'm not sure what's changed since 2015.

The NYT did uncover some weird dealings. Plus the information from Cohen, it seems that there might be something there. Of course, Trump could just release all of his taxes and financial documents and we could clear it up once and for all.
That's been one of my points. I feel with all the deep state shenanigans, they have looked at his returns and haven't found anything, because there isn't anything.

By the way, do you remember how everyone said Trump was lying about being audited and then buried in the Times article was that Trump was being audited...for trying to take advantage of a tax break enacted by Obama when both the Senate and House were Democrat controlled.

We'll just have to disagree.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I think SG is correct on this. If the NYT really has his tax returns and all they've found are some embarrassing details (true net worth, amount of debt, etc) then it's likely there really isn't some salacious, law-breaking thing in there. If there was they would've published that immediately. Like most rich folks, as SG said, Trump is probably well-insulated from the part of his empire that has to cross the line in terms of legality. Doesn't mean there aren't more embarrassing things for him and heck, for a person all about public image you could argue those are even worse than actual tax reporting crimes.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:19 am

That's been one of my points. I feel with all the deep state shenanigans, they have looked at his returns and haven't found anything, because there isn't anything.

By the way, do you remember how everyone said Trump was lying about being audited and then buried in the Times article was that Trump was being audited...for trying to take advantage of a tax break enacted by Obama when both the Senate and House were Democrat controlled.

I don't think he was lying about being under audit.

But if you have nothing to hide, settle it once and for all. Provide the proof that you're on the up and up. Otherwise, you just feed the machine that says you're a crook.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 am

But if you have nothing to hide, settle it once and for all. Provide the proof that you're on the up and up. Otherwise, you just feed the machine that says you're a crook.
He cared (and still cares) more about being seen as rich and successful than he does about people thinking he might be crooked. I'm sure he didn't see the value in being exonerated morally when it could compromise the standing of people thinking he was incredibly rich and successful.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:37 am

He cared (and still cares) more about being seen as rich and successful than he does about people thinking he might be crooked. I'm sure he didn't see the value in being exonerated morally when it could compromise the standing of people thinking he was incredibly rich and successful.
:nod:

And there might not be enough evidence to convict him of a crime, but I would bet SG's house that he has instructed people who work for him to commit crimes (bribery, etc.). He's an immoral, unethical, self-centered SOB. Anyone who argues against that is as delusional as Kalm arguing that AOChe isn't a marxist.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Exactly. Rich and successful is his brand.

In addition, submitting his taxes was a lose lose. Show a huge amount of money and he would be attacked for not knowing how to relate to the little person. Show too little and wreck your brand.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:19 am

:nod:

And there might not be enough evidence to convict him of a crime, but I would bet SG's house that he has instructed people who work for him to commit crimes (bribery, etc.). He's an immoral, unethical, self-centered SOB. Anyone who argues against that is as delusional as Kalm arguing that AOChe isn't a marxist.
I'll own your boat!! :D