Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Trump Impeachment Part Duex

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:30 am Some more evidence...This shit is fascinating and not surprising except the numbers. Clinging to a culture that ain’t ever coming back (change is inevitable anyway) and willingness to support violence as a necessary political tool is no way to go through life, son.

“The mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol may have been a fringe group of extremists, but politically motivated violence has the support of a significant share of the U.S. public, according to a new survey by the American Enterprise Institute.

The survey found that nearly three in 10 Americans, including 39% of Republicans, agreed that "if elected leaders will not protect America, the people must do it themselves, even if it requires violent actions."

That result was "a really dramatic finding," says Daniel Cox, director of the AEI Survey Center on American Life. "I think any time you have a significant number of the public saying use of force can be justified in our political system, that's pretty scary."

Yes. We have a whole year of Democrats supporting political violence with the riots. In fact we have elected Democratic officials who gave money to groups for the sole purpose of providing bail for those arrested.

NPR. Puhlease.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:04 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:45 am

It was not the first time, that day, that the news networks played those full remarks depicted on the right side. I have seen them a number of times on various news networks. The statement "There were very fine people on both sides" remains a problem for him because the whole point of the episode was White Nationalism. From the standpoint of people who don't like White Nationalism, the Statement that there were "fine people" on the side of those who organized the "Unite the Right" rally is very questionable. I think that if you Google around on the Unite the Right rally you will find that the consensus is that it was a White Nationalist and/or White Supremacist effort.
:lol: Except the part where he SPECIFICALLY called out white nationalist. How many times does he need to denounce them for it to count in your mind? 100? 1000? How about you pick a number?

Hell, Richard Spencer, a white nationalist endorsed Biden. Therefore he must be a white nationalist supporter. When will Biden denounce him?

Biden eulogized a KKK member in Robert Byrd! Biden obviously supports the KKK as well.
The problem for Trump in that Statement is that it was a White Nationalist rally. He could try to cover himself with another statement. But he was talking about an incident in which the central thing was a White Nationalist rally. The White Nationalists showed up and counter protesters showed up. So it was White Nationalists vs. counter protesters. Then he said there were very fine people on both sides. It's not going to work for most of the people in the country.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:10 pm

:lol: Except the part where he SPECIFICALLY called out white nationalist. How many times does he need to denounce them for it to count in your mind? 100? 1000? How about you pick a number?

Hell, Richard Spencer, a white nationalist endorsed Biden. Therefore he must be a white nationalist supporter. When will Biden denounce him?

Biden eulogized a KKK member in Robert Byrd! Biden obviously supports the KKK as well.
The problem for Trump in that Statement is that it was a White Nationalist rally. He could try to cover himself with another statement. But he was talking about an incident in which the central thing was a White Nationalist rally. The White Nationalists showed up and counter protesters showed up. So it was White Nationalists vs. counter protesters. Then he said there were very fine people on both sides. It's not going to work for most of the people in the country.
:ohno: Trump specifically referred to both sides had fine people there. Are you really going to generalize those who attended as all white nationalists?

How about the BLM protests? I saw many instances of black people peacefully protesting, and even telling the agitators to quit being dicks, but I'm not lumping them all in together, which is what you are trying to do with Trump's statement.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Unnamed sources have confirmed that Biden shut down having witnesses at Trump's trial.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:04 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:30 am Some more evidence...This shit is fascinating and not surprising except the numbers. Clinging to a culture that ain’t ever coming back (change is inevitable anyway) and willingness to support violence as a necessary political tool is no way to go through life, son.

“The mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol may have been a fringe group of extremists, but politically motivated violence has the support of a significant share of the U.S. public, according to a new survey by the American Enterprise Institute.

The survey found that nearly three in 10 Americans, including 39% of Republicans, agreed that "if elected leaders will not protect America, the people must do it themselves, even if it requires violent actions."

That result was "a really dramatic finding," says Daniel Cox, director of the AEI Survey Center on American Life. "I think any time you have a significant number of the public saying use of force can be justified in our political system, that's pretty scary."

Why is that drastic? It’s literally spelled out right in the Declaration of Independence.
Most people are down on political violence? :?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Yes. We have a whole year of Democrats supporting political violence with the riots. In fact we have elected Democratic officials who gave money to groups for the sole purpose of providing bail for those arrested.

NPR. Puhlease.
They supported violence or protests?

Which Dem officials paid bail for violent rioters?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

If you're going to characterize one side as White Nationalists then be consistent and characterize the other side as BLM & ANTIFA.

Charlottesville wasn't no one there, then poof White Nationalists showed up on one side and BLANTIFA on the other. The debate had been going on for a while that summer over the Lee statue- you had SCV an others on one side arguing against the removal, and people on the other arguing for removal. You had VERY FINE PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES peacefully debating/arguing that summer. Then one weekend you had the White Nationalists and BLANTIFA show up. Those VERY FINE PEOPLE on both sides of the keep the statue/remove the statue argument still existed.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:48 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:09 pm

NPR. Puhlease.

Kamala Harris did. How do you not know that? Tons of Biden supporters as well. You should see some of the winners this fund bailed out.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:51 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Kamala Harris did. How do you not know that? Tons of Biden supporters as well. You should see some of the winners this fund bailed out.

Oh. She supported a fund.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:37 pm

:ohno: Trump specifically referred to both sides had fine people there. Are you really going to generalize those who attended as all white nationalists?

How about the BLM protests? I saw many instances of black people peacefully protesting, and even telling the agitators to quit being dicks, but I'm not lumping them all in together, which is what you are trying to do with Trump's statement.
Of course he is.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 pm

Exactly. A scary survey reveals Kamala Harris supports violent political extremism. I can write stupid headlines just like NPR.

I should be a journalism.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Sham trial over. After Pelosi was going to be called in to testify, Dems fold and lose bigly.

https://www.cnet.com/news/donald-trump- ... by-senate/
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Exactly. A scary survey reveals Kamala Harris supports violent political extremism. I can write stupid headlines just like NPR.

Yes...you should be a...journalism.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

She's supported a fund that has bailed that bails out those accused of violent crimes, including murder, rape, attempted murder of police, etc..
https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-non ... ent-crimes
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Yes...you should be a...journalism.
Glad you got my jab at the journalism field, especially those that write scary headlines and require unnamed sources for their stories. Journalisming is super easy when facts don't get in the way.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Dems balked on bringing forward wtinesses because it's a politically-motivated show-trial that reached the end of its political usefulness. Well-deserved acquittal from such a sham trial.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Yes, she supported a fund. This allowed her to curry favor with the ctrl-left by helping rioters and looters while maintaining some semblance of plausible deniability about who she was supporting. Kind of like how Trump riled up his supporters and incited them to riot but kept his words in check enough to maintain some semblance of plausible deniability. It's a game to people in power and we're just pawns.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Yes, she supported a fund. This allowed her to curry favor with the ctrl-left by helping rioters and looters while maintaining some semblance of plausible deniability about who she was supporting. Kind of like how Trump riled up his supporters and incited them to riot but kept his words in check enough to maintain some semblance of plausible deniability. It's a game to people in power and we're just pawns.
Boy, no shit. Semantics are everything, aren’t they? And the general populace, as a whole, is just stupid enough to buy it all, hook line and sinker.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Boy, no shit. Semantics are everything, aren’t they? And the general populace, as a whole, is just stupid enough to buy it all, hook line and sinker.
:nod: Yes to both posts.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Glad it's over. Trump is still an asshole. Lets move on.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 pm Glad it's over. Trump is still an asshole. Lets move on.
His acquittal all but assures we won’t be moving on.

It’s officially still the party of Trump and the Dems are still officially the party of the establishment.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:31 pm Dems balked on bringing forward wtinesses because it's a politically-motivated show-trial that reached the end of its political usefulness. Well-deserved acquittal from such a sham trial.
LAWL the left is having a meltdown over their witness fiasco..
https://www.mediaite.com/news/senate-de ... able-cave/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:57 pm
AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 pm Glad it's over. Trump is still an asshole. Lets move on.
His acquittal all but assures we won’t be moving on.

It’s officially still the party of Trump and the party of We're Not Trump.
FYP
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 pm Glad it's over.
:rofl: You're joking, right?