The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

So, read a few articles on the NYC Mayor election count. Anyone else find the irony rather entertaining? :lol:

"test ballots" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 pm So, read a few articles on the NYC Mayor election count. Anyone else find the irony rather entertaining? :lol:

I've been hearing the people on "Morning Joe" ridiculing rank choice voting. I hope this does not harm the cause of that type of voting. So they are doing it for the first time and they are having some issues. I think it is still a good idea. As we've discussed I think it would be especially good for Presidential elections so that people who really favor a candidate outside of the two major parties can vote for that candidate without feeling like they are wasting their vote. They can still give their #2 vote to one of the major Party candidates. It would give us at least SOME hope of breaking the absolute grip the two major Parties have on power and I think that is sorely needed.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:38 am https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/rol ... -heat-wave

But hey, yeah, lets convert ALL cars to electric by 2025 when we can't produce enough energy to heat and cool our homes.

Fucking retards, the lot of 'em.
Bro, CA politicos have been pimping electric cars...

...only to tell electric car owners not to charge their cars at night to help reduce black/brownouts. I shit you not. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some shit is just too stupid to have been made up. I believe it. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 pm So, read a few articles on the NYC Mayor election count. Anyone else find the irony rather entertaining? :lol:

Why do they have that many "test" ballots to begin with? That's a crap load of testing.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:17 am

I've been hearing the people on "Morning Joe" ridiculing rank choice voting. I hope this does not harm the cause of that type of voting. So they are doing it for the first time and they are having some issues. I think it is still a good idea. As we've discussed I think it would be especially good for Presidential elections so that people who really favor a candidate outside of the two major parties can vote for that candidate without feeling like they are wasting their vote. They can still give their #2 vote to one of the major Party candidates. It would give us at least SOME hope of breaking the absolute grip the two major Parties have on power and I think that is sorely needed.
Repeat after me - barring a Constitutional change that would bring us to a more parliamentarian style of government, we will ALWAYS have two major parties dominate the American political landscape. Keep banging your head against the wall of 250 years of history and the wall of common sense. :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

You think the China Virus was expensive..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Well if I'm paying for something my great grandparents did, I can actually prove the four pairs of them weren't in the GD'ed country. F that.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Heck, if they start reparations for black people, I‘m going to start identifying as black to get some reparations too..I might have some black in my family 6-8 generations back.. and I think Ancestry.com said 1% or less, or something like that. Isn‘t there a 1 drop rule? Afterall, I‘m probably as black as Pocahontas (Elizabeth Warren) is Cherokee..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:46 am Well if I'm paying for something my great grandparents did, I can actually prove the four pairs of them weren't in the GD'ed country. F that.
Same here.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 am Heck, if they start reparations for black people, I‘m going to start identifying as black to get some reparations too..I might have some black in my family 6-8 generations back.. and I think Ancestry.com said 1% or less, or something like that. Isn‘t there a 1 drop rule? Afterall, I‘m probably as black as Pocahontas (Elizabeth Warren) is Cherokee..
If that's the case, since my wife and daughter at 10% and 6% African, respectively, do we get any money (or whatever benefit) or get a free pass from the tax that will ultimately pay for this? O
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:46 am Well if I'm paying for something my great grandparents did, I can actually prove the four pairs of them weren't in the GD'ed country. F that.
That doesn't matter. You're white. you're guilty by association.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

One of the big problem with reparations is that once you decide that, there's really no need for anything else. Reparations are it, the final straw, so if there are racial disparities after reparations then oh well. Unless of course we're talking perpetual reparations, and in that case that won't ever be agreed to.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:39 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 am Heck, if they start reparations for black people, I‘m going to start identifying as black to get some reparations too..I might have some black in my family 6-8 generations back.. and I think Ancestry.com said 1% or less, or something like that. Isn‘t there a 1 drop rule? Afterall, I‘m probably as black as Pocahontas (Elizabeth Warren) is Cherokee..
If that's the case, since my wife and daughter at 10% and 6% African, respectively, do we get any money (or whatever benefit) or get a free pass from the tax that will ultimately pay for this? O
You’ll get 6.93%.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:39 pm

You’ll get 6.93%.
Even your math is racists.

I can say that, I’m black Norwegian.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:One of the big problem with reparations is that once you decide that, there's really no need for anything else. Reparations are it, the final straw, so if there are racial disparities after reparations then oh well. Unless of course we're talking perpetual reparations, and in that case that won't ever be agreed to.
I don’t think anyone has truly considered what an absolute goat rope it would be.

Do descendants of African immigrants after 1865 get them? The fraud from Nigerians alone will be epic on that one

If you can prove your ancestors came here post-slavery, do you pay?

Do Asians and Hispanics pay?

What about the descendants of black freedman slaveowners? I know some....

How much will reparations be? Cash payments? Special programs (we dont have enough of those already?)?

Since we like 5% inflation so much (heading to 10) that we want to kick start it to 12?

We are already at each others’ throats as it is. Acrimony, poison, violence - those are kind words for what we would become... and it won’t be just bad white people. It’ll be everybody.

AND- when reparations don’t result in any positive outcomes, what then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

What happens if 3 of your 32 great-great-great grandparents are black and slaves and the rest are white, do you get reparations?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:39 pm If that's the case, since my wife and daughter at 10% and 6% African, respectively, do we get any money (or whatever benefit) or get a free pass from the tax that will ultimately pay for this? O
You’ll get 6.93%.
That math checks out….thanks bruh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh noes...
The handling of the border visit was the latest chaotic moment for a staff that’s quickly become mired in them. Harris’ team is experiencing low morale, porous lines of communication and diminished trust among aides and senior officials. Much of the frustration internally is directed at Tina Flournoy, Harris’ chief of staff, a veteran of Democratic politics who began working for her earlier this year.

In interviews, 22 current and former vice presidential aides, administration officials and associates of Harris and Biden described a tense and at times dour office atmosphere. Aides and allies said Flournoy, in an apparent effort to protect Harris, has instead created an insular environment where ideas are ignored or met with harsh dismissals and decisions are dragged out. Often, they said, she refuses to take responsibility for delicate issues and blames staffers for the negative results that ensue.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/3 ... ent-497290
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Interesting, AOC and the squad going with the "cut off your nose to spite your face" route. Let's see how this plays out. :popcorn:

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Could it have been any more cliche than Cheney stepping up to save the Republic by being appointed to the Jan 6 team?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:43 pm Oh noes...
The handling of the border visit was the latest chaotic moment for a staff that’s quickly become mired in them. Harris’ team is experiencing low morale, porous lines of communication and diminished trust among aides and senior officials. Much of the frustration internally is directed at Tina Flournoy, Harris’ chief of staff, a veteran of Democratic politics who began working for her earlier this year.

In interviews, 22 current and former vice presidential aides, administration officials and associates of Harris and Biden described a tense and at times dour office atmosphere. Aides and allies said Flournoy, in an apparent effort to protect Harris, has instead created an insular environment where ideas are ignored or met with harsh dismissals and decisions are dragged out. Often, they said, she refuses to take responsibility for delicate issues and blames staffers for the negative results that ensue.
They should bring in Klobuchar to improve the morale. She could teach them how to eat salad with a comb. Throw shit at each other.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:02 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:43 pm Oh noes...

They should bring in Klobuchar to improve the morale. She could teach them how to eat salad with a comb. Throw shit at each other.
she's a bridgebuilder, that one. For sure.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:16 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:02 am

She'll build the bridge and then make you jump off it.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:16 am

She'll build the bridge and then make you jump off it.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: Fookin' coont.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

If you can prove your ancestors were slaves, you get reparations from people that can be proven to have ancestors that were slave owners. If you have both, and the slave DNA is greater than the slave owner DNA by 6.93 %, then you get reparations, otherwise you pay.