Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:43 am
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:05 am

I’m trusting in medical experts and organizations to help parents and adolescents make their own decisions. I don’t need a deep contrarian dive into other people’s children’s gender identification.
This is a strange line of thinking you're following. By the same measure, anything that places a restriction on children is government overreach. Age to drive, age to drink, age of consent (JSO's favorite), age to work 40 hours or more in a week, age to leave school, age to be conscripted, age to basically do anything. All government overreach that interferes with freedom. Is that what you're really preaching here?
No. And I thought I was a reductionist. Sheesh!

(Although the anarchist in me sees less problems with allowing parents to decide.)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:16 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 am

I agree. He lost his relevancy and now he's trying to get it back with this stupid stunt. One in which he employs the appeal to authority fallacy, while making sure to never back up any of his generic statements with facts such as, "giving a 12 year old girl testosterone improves their quality of life by X.". This in addition to his ludicrous comparison to pediatric cancer. :dunce:
I can think of millions of reasons why he voluntarily left the Daily Show the least of which is relevancy. Some people have made enough and are ok with semi-retirement and no longer being a slave to a nightly. It’s simply bizarre for you to choose that attack angle with Stewart.

Regarding the litigation you’d prefer government to decide medical/psychiatric care. In the case of 12 year olds (if that’s actually occurring in Arkansas) it’s admittedly strange. But it’s none of my business. How about 17 year olds? Does a magical power somehow appear at 18 years of age that makes gender affirming therapy ok? “Just avoid suicide another year kid and then you can get the help you need”.

Your solution: Let government decide the fate of other people’s kids instead of their parents, Dr’s, and social workers. Because…freedom.
Maybe its the same magical power your side uses that somehow turns a clump of cells into a baby the instant it exits the birth canal. :coffee:

Treating a mental illness by enabling and affirming the mental illness is such a great idea. Maybe next we can start a treatment program for alcoholics by taking them to the bar and getting them drunk? :nod: :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:02 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:16 am

I can think of millions of reasons why he voluntarily left the Daily Show the least of which is relevancy. Some people have made enough and are ok with semi-retirement and no longer being a slave to a nightly. It’s simply bizarre for you to choose that attack angle with Stewart.

Regarding the litigation you’d prefer government to decide medical/psychiatric care. In the case of 12 year olds (if that’s actually occurring in Arkansas) it’s admittedly strange. But it’s none of my business. How about 17 year olds? Does a magical power somehow appear at 18 years of age that makes gender affirming therapy ok? “Just avoid suicide another year kid and then you can get the help you need”.

Your solution: Let government decide the fate of other people’s kids instead of their parents, Dr’s, and social workers. Because…freedom.
Maybe its the same magical power your side uses that somehow turns a clump of cells into a baby the instant it exits the birth canal. :coffee:

Treating a mental illness by enabling and affirming the mental illness is such a great idea. Maybe next we can start a treatment program for alcoholics by taking them to the bar and getting them drunk? :nod: :thumb:
Is transgenderism itself a mental illness? Is drug addiction the root cause of alcoholism? Do they require the same treatments?

Should we treat Christianity, any religious fundamentalism/idolatry as a mental illness?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:58 am

Is transgenderism itself a mental illness? Is drug addiction the root cause of alcoholism? Do they require the same treatments?

Should we treat Christianity, any religious fundamentalism/idolatry as a mental illness?
Racism and Homophobia are mental illnesses.

Fundamental idolatry of government is a mental illness.

Believing that the community is more important than the individual or vice versa is a mental illness.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Children (and their enablers) who want to mutilate their bodies are not just simply transgender. They are suffering from gender dysphoria, and gender dysphoria is a mental disorder.

A diagnosis for gender dysphoria is included in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association. The diagnosis was created to help people with gender dysphoria get access to necessary health care and effective treatment. The term focuses on discomfort as the problem, rather than identity.

Should we place climate alarmism and progressiveism under "religious fundamentalism/idolatry" as well? They are no different than most of the Trumptards and that's where they should be.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:17 am

Children (and their enablers) who want to mutilate their bodies are not just simply transgender. They are suffering from gender dysphoria, and gender dysphoria is a mental disorder.

A diagnosis for gender dysphoria is included in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association. The diagnosis was created to help people with gender dysphoria get access to necessary health care and effective treatment. The term focuses on discomfort as the problem, rather than identity.

Should we place climate alarmism and progressiveism under "religious fundamentalism/idolatry" as well? They are no different than most of the Trumptards and that's where they should be.
Are they mutilating their bodies or treating their mental disorder?

I don't think the vast majority of minors who feel that they are the wrong biological gender should be undergoing medical or chemical procedures to change their gender because most are too immature to make such serious, life-changing decisions. I believe that like everything else in life there are exceptions and that these decisions require parental involvement. The government (or a school official) should not be able to supersede a parent's role in the decision-making process. We should be providing mental health support for these individuals to help them without attempting to influence their decision-making. We should also be punishing bullies who make life difficult for youth in this situation.

And yes, climate extremism and woke progressiveism should be included under "religious fundamentalism/idolatry". They too are self-righteous believers unable to consider or respect opposing points of view.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Paypal stock dropped around 5 billion and have backed away from fining its own customers up to $2,500 for promoting whatever it determines is "misinformation."

Thats what they get for trying to be social media police.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

The Greatest Lie Ever Sold

If the 990 they show in the trailer is accurate, BLM went from no revenue and no assets to 79 million in revenue and 43 million in assets in the year following George Floyd's murder. It is fair to ask what they did with that money and what have they accomplished.

Previous year's IRS 990.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:02 pm The Greatest Lie Ever Sold

If the 990 they show in the trailer is accurate, BLM went from no revenue and no assets to 79 million in revenue and 43 million in assets in the year following George Floyd's murder. It is fair to ask what they did with that money and what have they accomplished.

Previous year's IRS 990.
And IIRC the founder bought an LA mansion.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:22 pm

Previous year's IRS 990.
And IIRC the founder bought an LA mansion.
If there's something that's sadly true for most of humanity, there's almost always someone out there looking to take advantage of good intentions for their own self interest or, in this case, wallet/pocketbook.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Previous year's IRS 990.
The question is, where was the IRS?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:48 pm

Previous year's IRS 990.
That is an excellent question. A 501(c)(3) can pay reasonable salaries but I don't think paying someone running an organization the size of BLM enough to purchase a nice mansion or two qualifies. People justifiably b!tch about how much CEOs at Goodwill, The Red Cross, and United Way make. At least those are established organizations with thousands of employees and volunteers plus property. Where is the outrage over what BLM has been doing with its donations?

Will the IRS investigate or will Biden and his cronies try to sweep this under the rug? You would think they could put 1 of those new hires on this.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:07 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:48 pm
That is an excellent question. A 501(c)(3) can pay reasonable salaries but I don't think paying someone running an organization the size of BLM enough to purchase a nice mansion or two qualifies. People justifiably b!tch about how much CEOs at Goodwill, The Red Cross, and United Way make. At least those are established organizations with thousands of employees and volunteers plus property. Where is the outrage over what BLM has been doing with its donations?

Will the IRS investigate or will Biden and his cronies try to sweep this under the rug? You would think they could put 1 of those new hires on this.
Bad optics.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://conventionofstates.com/news/bid ... cal-theory

Don't worry, we're going to out-diversity and out-equity the Chinese to win this century from them.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Indeed the comments. Propaganda can be very effective.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:Indeed the comments. Propaganda can be very effective.

You do realize that “trump is a fascist” is also propaganda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:30 am
kalm wrote:Indeed the comments. Propaganda can be very effective.

You do realize that “trump is a fascist” is also propaganda?

No. Please go on…?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:30 am You do realize that “trump is a fascist” is also propaganda?

No. Please go on…?
Maybe you should talk to the suckers who bought into the trump is a fascist propaganda. Should I get you a mirror? ;)

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ex-Virginia Tech soccer player allegedly benched for refusing to kneel gets $100K settlement: attorney
A former Virginia Tech women's soccer player who accused her coach of benching her because of her political opinions will reportedly receive at least $100,000 as part of an agreement to dismiss a federal lawsuit.
Hening claimed she was removed from her starting position and pressured to leave the team after she declined to kneel during a reading of a "unity statement" before a game against UVA on Sept. 12, 2020. She said Adair "verbally attacked her" at halftime, claiming she was "b--tching and moaning" while putting his finger in her face.

Hening explained in the lawsuit that while she "supports social justice and believes that black lives matter," she "does not support BLM the organization," citing its "tactics and core tenets of its mission statement, including defunding the police."

Coach Adair would appear to be the epitomy of illiberal tolerance and acceptance of those with different opinions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bravo to this young lady to have the gumption to do what she did,sShame on the YMCA, and the sick fucks who are for allowing men to use women's locker rooms..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

NOT the Onion or Babylon Bee....
Legislation introduced in the House to make make white people criticizing minorities a federal crime.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/01/16 ... me-n689270
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I wonder what’s specifically in the proposed class that is so objectionable.

The administration of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is blocking a new Advanced Placement course for high school students on African American studies.

In a January 12 letter to the College Board, the nonprofit organization that oversees AP coursework, the Florida Department of Education's Office of Articulation said the course is "inexplicably contrary to Florida law and significantly lacks educational value."

The letter did not elaborate on what the agency found objectionable in the course content. A spokeswoman for the department did not immediately respond to a CNN inquiry.

"In the future, should College Board be willing to come back to the table with lawful, historically accurate content, FDOE will always be willing to reopen the discussion," the letter stated.

In a statement to CNN, the College Board declined to directly address the decision in Florida but said, "We look forward to bringing this rich and inspiring exploration of African-American history and culture to students across the country."
https://abc7ny.com/ron-desantis-african ... /12718909/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:38 am I wonder what’s specifically in the proposed class that is so objectionable.
The administration of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is blocking a new Advanced Placement course for high school students on African American studies.

In a January 12 letter to the College Board, the nonprofit organization that oversees AP coursework, the Florida Department of Education's Office of Articulation said the course is "inexplicably contrary to Florida law and significantly lacks educational value."

The letter did not elaborate on what the agency found objectionable in the course content. A spokeswoman for the department did not immediately respond to a CNN inquiry.

"In the future, should College Board be willing to come back to the table with lawful, historically accurate content, FDOE will always be willing to reopen the discussion," the letter stated.

In a statement to CNN, the College Board declined to directly address the decision in Florida but said, "We look forward to bringing this rich and inspiring exploration of African-American history and culture to students across the country."
Not sure but if African American studies is contrary to Florida law then shouldn't AP European History be contrary as well? Maybe the College Board should stop offering that exam to Florida students.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:02 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:38 am I wonder what’s specifically in the proposed class that is so objectionable.

Not sure but if African American studies is contrary to Florida law then shouldn't AP European History be contrary as well? Maybe the College Board should stop offering that exam to Florida students.
Depends on what is in the text. If it is based on the 1619 project and it's other crap spin offs, then good riddance.

That said I would much rather local action be taken than State.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein