Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:42 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:17 pm

You can keep the gas-powered car. But in 5-10 years they'll be pretty hard to find as a new car. Electric is the future. Can see it already in my industry (filters) - fuel cells and the like are all the rage.
Electric is the future. Which means every neighborhood of 80 homes will be allocated THREE electric cars, because that’s all the infrastructure can support. Better get on the list early if you want to use it.
Yep, it will be a generation before we have the electric grid in place to support mostly electric cars.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:42 pm Electric is the future. Which means every neighborhood of 80 homes will be allocated THREE electric cars, because that’s all the infrastructure can support. Better get on the list early if you want to use it.
Yep, it will be a generation before we have the electric grid in place to support mostly electric cars.
The entire idea of going electric is completely an urban construct

Where are the electric tractors? Combines?

Food production is a strategic industry and we are not even thinking about it.

This country needs to be prepared to go back to 1845 and a small portion is, but not enough.

Treep and the rest of the Gen Y retards will die at the hands of BLM terrorists when the lights go out, and the only people left after the starvation event will be us rednecks out in the country who know how to grow shit Paleo-style

I’m prepared, and I’ve already given my closest trusted compatriots the grid coordinates. And probably China will hit us from above with missiles and drones copied from us with the help of the Clinton admin

But we will be free to the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:42 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Yep, it will be a generation before we have the electric grid in place to support mostly electric cars.

This country needs to be prepared to go back to 1845 and a small portion is, but not enough.

Treep and the rest of the Gen Y retards will die at the hands of BLM terrorists when the lights go out, and the only people left after the starvation event will be us rednecks out in the country who know how to grow shit Paleo-style

I’m prepared, and I’ve already given my closest trusted compatriots the grid coordinates. And probably China will hit us from above with missiles and drones copied from us with the help of the Clinton admin

I’d be curious to see WB’s take on this. I’m guessing there are already some electric options for AG. There already is for golf and turf. I also know someone is coming out with an electric outboard for boats…. So I’m good. :notworthy:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:55 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:35 pm "Pilot program" will probably be similar to "just two weeks"

You can keep your gas-powered car, and your doctor…
:lol: :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:42 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Yep, it will be a generation before we have the electric grid in place to support mostly electric cars.

I didn't think I'd be alive to see this happen, but the past 18 months has shown we are way ahead of schedule for that to happen.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:37 pm

Electric is the future. Which means every neighborhood of 80 homes will be allocated THREE electric cars, because that’s all the infrastructure can support. Better get on the list early if you want to use it.
Yep, People don't understand the problems with all electric vehicles on the distribution grid. There may be 3-5 houses served by a single transformer (let's say 4). The transformer probably has some excess capability so adding 1 or 2 EVs with home chargers to those 4 houses will work OK. But what happens when there are 5, 6, 7 EVs in those houses? Suddenly the transformer isn't big enough and the utility company has to replace it. Who pays for that, the utility company? Or do the customers causing the problem? Then there is the lead time issue. Transformers are currently 26 weeks out for delivery, minimum. We are seeing some pushing 52 weeks. So if I buy the EV that pushes our transformer over the brink and the utility doesn't have one to install can I not charge? Do we have brownouts in our neighborhood because the transformer is overloaded? So many potential problems....
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:59 pm
Yep, People don't understand the problems with all electric vehicles on the distribution grid. There may be 3-5 houses served by a single transformer (let's say 4). The transformer probably has some excess capability so adding 1 or 2 EVs with home chargers to those 4 houses will work OK. But what happens when there are 5, 6, 7 EVs in those houses? Suddenly the transformer isn't big enough and the utility company has to replace it. Who pays for that, the utility company? Or do the customers causing the problem? Then there is the lead time issue. Transformers are currently 26 weeks out for delivery, minimum. We are seeing some pushing 52 weeks. So if I buy the EV that pushes our transformer over the brink and the utility doesn't have one to install can I not charge? Do we have brownouts in our neighborhood because the transformer is overloaded? So many potential problems....
You just tell the people to not use electricity...

...it's what the brilliant policy makers in CA tell their constituents to do.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

HI54UNI wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:37 pm Yep, it will be a generation before we have the electric grid in place to support mostly electric cars.
"Nah bro, just build more solar panels. Because that's how it works, right?" ImageImage

Ironic that these new age environmentalists can never see the forest for the trees.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:10 pm
HI54UNI wrote:
"Nah bro, just build more solar panels. Because that's how it works, right?" ImageImage

Ironic that these new age environmentalists can never see the forest for the trees.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
There's no forest to see when you have to cut it down to make room for a solar panel farm to power the EVs.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Thanks! You just made me go look at the transformer on the pole outside my house (and confirm it goes to 4 homes.) :lol: :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Sounds like we need to ramp up production of transformers and infrastructure to meet demand.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 am

Sounds like we need to ramp up production of transformers and infrastructure to meet demand.
We do. And there's more to it. To get all the renewables we need multiple transformers at every wind farm and large solar facility. We need a lot of new transmission lines to move that power which also includes switching stations, substations, transformers, etc. Every new car charging station needs transformers. I just read this morning that in the next 10 years we need to add 9 million new charging stations in the U.S. One DC fast charger is probably the equivalent of 10 residential transformers. It's going to be a mess.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Go nuclear and you don’t have to change jack shit

Plug N Play

Also, no need for battery cars because you can use hydrogen fuel cells and the exhaust pipe will emit water vapor

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

It takes energy to produce energy. But the retards in the Green movement just don’t get it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:46 am It takes energy to produce energy. But the retards in the Green movement just don’t get it.
Get with the program, we just need to find the magical unicorns that shoot energy out of the butts.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:46 am It takes energy to produce energy. But the retards in the Green movement just don’t get it.
IT'S SCIENCE! :thumb:

Seriously - the anti-Nuke talking points are as outdated as leisure suits and bell bottoms.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:00 pm
IT'S SCIENCE! :thumb:

Seriously - the anti-Nuke talking points are as outdated as leisure suits and bell bottoms.
And sadly there are still trotted out there every time nuclear is discussed and the green lemmings all nod their heads in agreement. The golden ticket for climate salvation is sitting right there, and we're going to ignore it just like we have for the past 40 years. Heck, Europe (Germany for instance) moved away from nuclear to become less green. Shame on the environmentalists. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:44 am
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 am

We do. And there's more to it. To get all the renewables we need multiple transformers at every wind farm and large solar facility. We need a lot of new transmission lines to move that power which also includes switching stations, substations, transformers, etc. Every new car charging station needs transformers. I just read this morning that in the next 10 years we need to add 9 million new charging stations in the U.S. One DC fast charger is probably the equivalent of 10 residential transformers. It's going to be a mess.
And yet states and automakers are each in a race to eliminate gasoline powered cars. Fucking idiots, the lot of ‘em.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:17 pm

You can keep the gas-powered car. But in 5-10 years they'll be pretty hard to find as a new car. Electric is the future. Can see it already in my industry (filters) - fuel cells and the like are all the rage.
Pfft! That's why they are strategically placing Lime bikes and scooters all over the place.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
And they have no bench....

I guarantee you the DNC is going to foist Harris on us for the next election and then we are going to get 4 years of pablum about how she lost because racism! Sexism!

In fact, she’d lose even if she was the incumbent. And TBH, I’ll bet a paycheck that the possibility of Biden resigning in order to give her the advantage of being the incumbent WILL be floated inside the WH. They’re probably hoping Biden becomes to incoherent to resist it

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

WaPo has updated their style guide!

They will no longer say “pregnant woman/women”

Now it is “pregnant individual”

Don’t want to upset the tranny dudes

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:16 pm WaPo has updated their style guide!

They will no longer say “pregnant woman/women”

Now it is “pregnant individual”

Don’t want to upset the tranny dudes

The international emoji approval council (I'm not sure of the correct name) approved pregnant dude emojis earlier this year.

So whenever a woke begins a witty analogy with, "if men could get pregnant.... "

Just punch them right then, and tell them to get with the program.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:09 pm
SDHornet wrote:

I guarantee you the DNC is going to foist Harris on us for the next election and then we are going to get 4 years of pablum about how she lost because racism! Sexism!

In fact, she’d lose even if she was the incumbent. And TBH, I’ll bet a paycheck that the possibility of Biden resigning in order to give her the advantage of being the incumbent WILL be floated inside the WH. They’re probably hoping Biden becomes to incoherent to resist it

Harris was a distant 5th at best in the most recent Democratic primaries and looking to possibly suspend her campaign before everyone dropped out early to get behind Biden. You have to wonder if she couldn't get the Dems excited about her candidacy how she will be able to do that with everyone else in 2024. And heck, that was before her relatively lackluster performance in this administration.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:09 pm
SDHornet wrote:

*too
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-