The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:16 am Trump was right. This wasn't going to stop at the tearing down of confederate statues and statues of 18th-19th century white males..
Founding father James Madison sidelined by woke history in his own home

The globalist billionaire who funded the woke transformation of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello paid for a similar overhaul of James Madison’s house — where the author of the US Constitution has been shoved into a supporting role, while slavery and racism take center stage.

No American flags fly at Montpelier, Madison’s plantation home in rural Virginia, and not a single display focuses on the life and accomplishments of America’s foremost political philosopher, who created our three-branch federal system of government, wrote the Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers, and served two terms as president.

Instead, blindsided tourists are hammered by high-tech exhibits about Madison’s slaves and current racial conflicts, thanks to a $10 million grant from left-leaning philanthropist David M. Rubenstein.
Visitors to Montpelier get to see just three rooms in the sprawling mansion. The estate “made Madison the philosopher, farmer, statesman, and enslaver that he was,” the guide said as The Post’s group entered the home — a line she repeated at the end of her spiel.

Outdoors and in the house’s huge basement, dozens of interactive stations seek to draw a direct line between slavery, the Constitution, and the problems of African Americans today.
Hurricane Katrina flooding, the Ferguson riots, incarceration, and more all trace back to slavery, according to a 10-minute multi-screen video.

Another exhibit damns every one of the nation’s first 18 presidents — even those, like John Adams and Abraham Lincoln, who never owned slaves — for having benefited from slavery in some way.

The only in-depth material about the Constitution itself appears in a display that pushes the claim, championed by the controversial 1619 Project, that racism was the driving force behind the entire American political system.

Even the children’s section of the gift shop leans far left, with titles like “Antiracist Baby” by Ibram X. Kendi and “She Persisted” by Chelsea Clinton...
https://nypost.com/2022/07/16/james-mad ... -own-home/
Racism was a driving force behind EVERY political system in the world. Tell us something we don’t know.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:56 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:16 am Trump was right. This wasn't going to stop at the tearing down of confederate statues and statues of 18th-19th century white males..

Racism was a driving force behind EVERY political system in the world. Tell us something we don’t know.
Stitt Lover!! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:49 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:56 am

Stitt Lover!! :lol:
:lol: :coffee: :ohno:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Founding father James Madison sidelined by woke history in his own home

The globalist billionaire who funded the woke transformation of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello paid for a similar overhaul of James Madison’s house — where the author of the US Constitution has been shoved into a supporting role, while slavery and racism take center stage.

No American flags fly at Montpelier, Madison’s plantation home in rural Virginia, and not a single display focuses on the life and accomplishments of America’s foremost political philosopher, who created our three-branch federal system of government, wrote the Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers, and served two terms as president.

Instead, blindsided tourists are hammered by high-tech exhibits about Madison’s slaves and current racial conflicts, thanks to a $10 million grant from left-leaning philanthropist David M. Rubenstein.
Visitors to Montpelier get to see just three rooms in the sprawling mansion. The estate “made Madison the philosopher, farmer, statesman, and enslaver that he was,” the guide said as The Post’s group entered the home — a line she repeated at the end of her spiel.

Outdoors and in the house’s huge basement, dozens of interactive stations seek to draw a direct line between slavery, the Constitution, and the problems of African Americans today.
Hurricane Katrina flooding, the Ferguson riots, incarceration, and more all trace back to slavery, according to a 10-minute multi-screen video.

Another exhibit damns every one of the nation’s first 18 presidents — even those, like John Adams and Abraham Lincoln, who never owned slaves — for having benefited from slavery in some way.

The only in-depth material about the Constitution itself appears in a display that pushes the claim, championed by the controversial 1619 Project, that racism was the driving force behind the entire American political system.

Even the children’s section of the gift shop leans far left, with titles like “Antiracist Baby” by Ibram X. Kendi and “She Persisted” by Chelsea Clinton...
Eh, I always thought Madison got too much credit anyway with the "Father of the Constitution" thing. He didn't even write it - someone else wrote the Preamble, committees wrote the actual language, and he didn't even get most of the things he wanted in the Constitution coming in - slaves didn't count for as much as he had hoped, smaller states forced the Connecticut compromise on him, and the Bill of Rights had to be added later. But yes, this is some of the problem when we let bad historical research tainted with current political thought impact how we talk about the past. The same thing happened with all the Confederacy-apologists and the similarly tainted Lost Cause movement that bastardized historical research for a good century after the Civil War.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:58 am

Eh, I always thought Madison got too much credit anyway with the "Father of the Constitution" thing. He didn't even write it - someone else wrote the Preamble, committees wrote the actual language, and he didn't even get most of the things he wanted in the Constitution coming in - slaves didn't count for as much as he had hoped, smaller states forced the Connecticut compromise on him, and the Bill of Rights had to be added later. But yes, this is some of the problem when we let bad historical research tainted with current political thought impact how we talk about the past. The same thing happened with all the Confederacy-apologists and the similarly tainted Lost Cause movement that bastardized historical research for a good century after the Civil War.
But it’s still ok to mention slavery, right?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:42 am

Sure, he was a very willing slave owner, so by all means.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

“Mention”. :rofl: :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:16 pm
Better question for Kalm, is it ok to NOT have exhibits about the three-branch federal system of government, the Bill of Rights, the Federalist Papers, or the significance of his Presidency (I would think that the War of 1812 should be kind of a big deal).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:25 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:16 pm

Better question for Kalm, is it ok to NOT have exhibits about the three-branch federal system of government, the Bill of Rights, the Federalist Papers, or the significance of his Presidency (I would think that the War of 1812 should be kind of a big deal).
Exhibit both as important. Easy.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:01 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:25 pm
So focusing on Madison the enslaver and his impact on the problems of African Americans today while ignoring the rest is historically inaccurate and doing the public a disservice?

Are they equally important? Equally factual/proveable?

BDK's quote says that there are "dozens of interactive stations seek to draw a direct line between slavery, the Constitution, and the problems of African Americans today." Can you draw direct line? I agree that there was an impact but I don't think the connection is as solid as Madison's impact on the three-branch federal system of government, the Bill of Rights, etc.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:13 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:01 pm

So focusing on Madison the enslaver and his impact on the problems of African Americans today while ignoring the rest is historically inaccurate and doing the public a disservice?

Are they equally important? Equally factual/proveable?

BDK's quote says that there are "dozens of interactive stations seek to draw a direct line between slavery, the Constitution, and the problems of African Americans today." Can you draw direct line? I agree that there was an impact but I don't think the connection is as solid as Madison's impact on the three-branch federal system of government, the Bill of Rights, etc.
Yes.

Yes/maybe?

Great question and the answer is based in perception. Historical study shouldn’t care whether or not it makes someone feel sadness or guilt. It’s just history. But we also know who writes history.

I can reflect on the horrors of slavery, be saddened by it AND simultaneously admire the good without feeling personal guilt.

I personally remember being taught all of the great things the founders did and to appreciate the beauty of the system. It wasn’t until much later in adulthood that I came to appreciate the horrors of slavery, the economic roll it played, as well as the ways our system has been and continues to be corrupted.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Apparently not only are you not allowed to say ‘midget’, when referring to someone else say ‘midget’ you’re suppose to say the ‘M-Word’ instead . Well, I had no idea what the ‘M-Word’ was until now.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/da ... r-AA101NRD
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Pick One:
1. A bunch of out-of-shape Proud Boys and Oath Keepers nearly turned the US into a dictatorship on January 6th and it wouldn't matter if guys with uniforms and guns came to forcibly remove Trump from the WH.
2. You need more than assault rifles to fight the gummit.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Pwns wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:32 am Pick One:
1. A bunch of out-of-shape Proud Boys and Oath Keepers nearly turned the US into a dictatorship on January 6th and it wouldn't matter if guys with uniforms and guns came to forcibly remove Trump from the WH.
2. You need more than assault rifles to fight the gummit.

Did the Taliban have F-15's? :?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

:ohno:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:01 am :ohno:

Free!
Free!
Everything is FREE!!!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yeah…that bird has flown the coop regardless of race. Better to work on increasing wages.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:37 am

Free!
Free!
Everything is FREE!!!
I got my Obama phone in my Obama home..
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:08 am

Yeah…that bird has flown the coop regardless of race. Better to work on increasing wages.
Did we not learn anything from 2007 & 2008?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:33 am
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:08 am

Apparently not much.
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

What could wrong with a too-big-to-fail bank handing out risky loans?

Nothing, bigots.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:46 am
Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:33 am
Apparently not much.
Just remember, don't blame the Conks when Armageddon hits next time. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Did they say what percentage you had to be? I’m 1/8 Hispanic, and rumored to be 1/64th to 1/128th black..Wonder if I could get me one of those racist loans..
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

And I thought we were going to value truth now that Biden was president. :roll:

Celebrate Diversity.*