AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:58 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 am

Gawd, it’s tough to lay off the Starbucks and Mickey D’s without going straight into withdrawal.

Coddled, entitled young punks.
I give them a week. They'll all go back to their parents' basement.
Well, I was off by ONE day. Hunger strike ended on day 8. What a bunch of absolute pussies.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

From Reuters today “A total of four New York City police officers have been shot this week”. The 2 most recent in Harlem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

What a hellish place Democrats must be in these days.

They like to point out that Trump is the face of the GOP and that he will win the 2024 nomination. But they can't possibly WANT that, right? Because as things stand right now, Trump probably would beat Biden.

But Democrats also know that they don't stand a generic ballot prayer against anyone NOT named Trump. So they have to beat the Trump drum even though it is covered in liquid shit and splattering all over them.

And in the meantime with all the hysterics and hair on fire claims that the death of democracy is nigh, they are alienating more and more independent voters, which empowers all GOP candidates not named Trump.

It is like a death spiral feedback loop and quite frankly, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Full stupidity on display. Now I understand the schadenfreud-y dopamine high houndawg gets from telling us all how stupid Republicans are.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:21 am What a hellish place Democrats must be in these days.

They like to point out that Trump is the face of the GOP and that he will win the 2024 nomination. But they can't possibly WANT that, right? Because as things stand right now, Trump probably would beat Biden.

But Democrats also know that they don't stand a generic ballot prayer against anyone NOT named Trump. So they have to beat the Trump drum even though it is covered in liquid shit and splattering all over them.

And in the meantime with all the hysterics and hair on fire claims that the death of democracy is nigh, they are alienating more and more independent voters, which empowers all GOP candidates not named Trump.

It is like a death spiral feedback loop and quite frankly, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Full stupidity on display. Now I understand the schadenfreud-y dopamine high houndawg gets from telling us all how stupid Republicans are.
ain't it wonderful? Right up there with watching Dallas Cowboys fans cry last week :notworthy:

...that's well said, CID, and it would even be relevant if there were any GOP candidates not named Trump.....:coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Anybody hear Trump’s comment today? He called himself the 45th and 47th president. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:24 pm Anybody hear Trump’s comment today? He called himself the 45th and 47th president. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Yeah, he’s a regular Grover Cleveland.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:05 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:24 pm Anybody hear Trump’s comment today? He called himself the 45th and 47th president. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Yeah, he’s a regular Grover Cleveland.
Cleveland's elections and how there came to be a break between the two is an interesting story. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I take that as a concession that he lost the 2020 election but I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy.

Which part of Trump's psyche wins out: the narcissistic egomaniac that wants to run so he can bask in the adulation of the MAGAts or the petulant, insecure little boy that's afraid he might lose?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:28 am
I take that as a concession that he lost the 2020 election but I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy.

Which part of Trump's psyche wins out: the narcissistic egomaniac that wants to run so he can bask in the adulation of the MAGAts or the petulant, insecure little boy that's afraid he might lose?
Please God let it be the latter. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 pm February CPAC poll Trump 55%, Desantis 21%, no one else above 5%

Contrasting to last year’s above:

CPAC 2022 straw poll:
Trump 59%
DeSantis: 28%
Pompeo: 2%
Paul: 1%
Noem: 1%
Haley: 1%
Cruz: 1%
Youngkin: 1%
Pence: 1%

Without Trump on ballot:
Desantis: 61%
Pompeo: 6%
Trump Jr: 6%
Cruz: 3%
Paul: 3%
Noem: 3%
Youngkin: 2%
Haley: 2%
Pence: 1%
Hawley: 1%
Rick Scott: 1%
Tim Scott: 1%
Rubio: 1%
Corton: 1%
Carson: 1%
Romney: .3%
Christie: .2%
Kasich:.1%
Hogan: .1%

Prediction in who will be donk nominee
-‘Unsure’: 23%
-Hillary Clinton 22%
-Michelle Obama: 17%
-Biden: 14%
-Commiela: 11%

97% Trump arroval.
99% Biden disapproval (98% strongly disapproval)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Please God let Trump just play kingmaker and not actually running….
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:Please God let Trump just play kingmaker and not actually running….
Is the CPAC poll limited to respondents who are actually there, or can people respond remotely?

The reason I ask is because these PAC convention polls tend to skew populist across the board. People like me dont attend these things but the activists do.

I think Trump still has a lot of support but I also think it is waning.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:41 pm Please God let Trump just play kingmaker and not actually running….
This. Despite DeSantis' neo-con tendencies, he doesn't have anywhere near the downsides that Trump brings to the table.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:41 pm Please God let Trump just play kingmaker and not actually running….
Saw that Bill Barr basically said that Trump can't be a leader. Just more of the damn breaking of GOP folks realizing that Trump can't be the figure head of the party, at least on the ballot. I'll never vote for a GOP ticket with Trump on it. Just like I'll never vote for a Dem ticket now with Biden on it. Both parties should realize they need to find viable candidates if they want to compete in '24.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:40 pm
This. Despite DeSantis' neo-con tendencies, he doesn't have anywhere near the downsides that Trump brings to the table.
Why you remain a registered Donk is a mystery to me. In CA primaries, you have a full range of candidates from pink to dead red. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:29 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:40 pm

Why you remain a registered Donk is a mystery to me. In CA primaries, you have a full range of candidates from pink to dead red. :coffee:
I was a "moderate" until the DNC embraced Marxism. The party ideology moved away from me, not my ideology away from the party.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:21 am What a hellish place Democrats must be in these days.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hey, Democrats are stupid too, but its so easy with the conks and the proof is always on display. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:10 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:29 am

I was a "moderate" until the DNC embraced Marxism. The party ideology moved away from me, not my ideology away from the party.
Thats like blaming guns for people killing people. :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:06 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:10 pm

And yet, it’s why JSO’s insistence that “demographics will kill the Republican Party” hasn’t and won’t come to pass.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:50 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:06 am

And yet, it’s why JSO’s insistence that “demographics will kill the Republican Party” hasn’t and won’t come to pass.
Hell, I want to see how JSO will respond this this NYT report…

BROWNSVILLE, Texas — Mayra Flores, the daughter of Mexican immigrants, has done much of her campaigning in South Texas in Spanish. She has heard one phrase repeatedly from voters as she and other candidates try to become the first Republicans to represent the Rio Grande Valley in Congress.

¿Y nosotros?

And what about us?

“I hear every day that they’re tired — they feel that there is so much attention and help being given to the immigrants,” Ms. Flores said. “The attention’s on all these illegal immigrants, and not on them.”

Grievance politics, it turns out, translates.

Donald J. Trump’s brand of populism has been widely viewed as an appeal to white voters: Republicans around the country continue to exploit the fear that the left is attacking religious values and wants to replace traditional white American culture with nonwhite multiculturalism. But similar grievances have resonated in the Rio Grande Valley in a profound way, driving the Republican Party’s successes in a Democratic stronghold where Hispanics make up more than 90 percent of the population.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:

It’s 100% the later. He’s a thin skinned coward

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I think this is the most likely outcome; he lost the popuar vote by 2,000,000+ to the nation's most unpopular politician - and he's never going to find another opponent with negatives like Hillary's. Bill Barr coming out against him is a big deal - Mr. Obsequious himself, who wrote a masterpiece of groveling while applying for the gig, has left the building and burned the bridge behind him. Trump will convulsively spew the usual word salad and require the candidates to come to Mar a Lago for photo ops like the one he had with Putin in Helsinki, but when it gets to nut-cutting time the still-fresh-in-his-mind sting of being a loser-by-a-landslide to an enfeebled corporate shill even older than himself will keep him out of the race.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:21 am
I think this is the most likely outcome; he lost the popuar vote by 2,000,000+ to the nation's most unpopular politician - and he's never going to find another opponent with negatives like Hillary's. Bill Barr coming out against him is a big deal - Mr. Obsequious himself, who wrote a masterpiece of groveling while applying for the gig, has left the building and burned the bridge behind him. Trump will convulsively spew the usual word salad and require the candidates to come to Mar a Lago for photo ops like the one he had with Putin in Helsinki, but when it gets to nut-cutting time the still-fresh-in-his-mind sting of being a loser-by-a-landslide to an enfeebled corporate shill even older than himself will keep him out of the race.
Totally irrelevant.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:46 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:21 am

I think this is the most likely outcome; he lost the popular vote by 2,000,000+ to the nation's most unpopular politician - and he's never going to find another opponent with negatives like Hillary's. Bill Barr coming out against him is a big deal - Mr. Obsequious himself, who wrote a masterpiece of groveling while applying for the gig, has left the building and burned the bridge behind him. Trump will convulsively spew the usual word salad and require the candidates to come to Mar a Lago for photo ops like the one he had with Putin in Helsinki, but when it gets to nut-cutting time the still-fresh-in-his-mind sting of being a loser-by-a-landslide to an enfeebled corporate shill even older than himself will keep him out of the race.
Totally irrelevant.
It speaks to what a zero you have to be to not be able to come withing 2,000,000 votes of the most disliked politician in the nation at the time. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:46 am Totally irrelevant.
It speaks to what a zero you have to be to not be able to come withing 2,000,000 votes of the most disliked politician in the nation at the time. :nod:
You're right. I really feel for that absolute zero who got his butt kicked by the most disliked politician in the primaries.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm