Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:51 am
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:31 pm

Yes. Part of that is corporatism group think. I’m guessing timing also plays a roll. BTW, I found it on Yahoo.
Yes, those differences justify the MSM not reporting on NYC doing this?

Bias also plays a part. Reporters' and editors' bias allows them to think that DeSantis and Abbott are doing this because of racism but Adams is doing it because of actual need (NYC doesn't have the capacity). That bias allows them to make logical leaps not supported by the data.
Did I say that?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:59 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:51 am
Yes, those differences justify the MSM not reporting on NYC doing this?

Bias also plays a part. Reporters' and editors' bias allows them to think that DeSantis and Abbott are doing this because of racism but Adams is doing it because of actual need (NYC doesn't have the capacity). That bias allows them to make logical leaps not supported by the data.
Did I say that?
I asked 2 questions and made a statement. How do I know which your "yes" was in response to?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The Trump problem for reasonable Republicans….

Perceived weakness doesn’t sell.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:41 am The Trump problem for reasonable Republicans….

..so he doesn't deny being a pedo groomer...... what is it with those Republicans....:ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:41 am The Trump problem for reasonable Republicans….

It will be interesting to see if Republican primary voters have grown tired of boorish behavior.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Someone needs to let poor Emma know that DeSantis hasn't thrown his hat into the ring yet. Anyone with the political sense of an overcooked baked potato knows not to engage silly shit like this until your are on the campaign trail.

Besides, I don't believe anyone who matters really cares too much about the opinion of a hard core leftist as to who has "it" in the Conk party.

BTW, DeSantis is beating Trump by 13 points as of today.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-instit ... 20923.pdf/
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:08 pm

It will be interesting to see if Republican primary voters have grown tired of boorish behavior.
Anecdotal but from what I'm hearing from people I know they are growing tired of Trump. They want to win more than anything. If DeSantis can show he is Trump policy without Trump personality he can win.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

No way. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:44 pm

Anecdotal but from what I'm hearing from people I know they are growing tired of Trump. They want to win more than anything. If DeSantis can show he is Trump policy without Trump personality he can win.
I think that's true, but that there is a lag time until that feeling filters down to the part of the base that everyone is afraid - you'd think that there is so much time politically-speaking until the election that the souring on Trump will have plenty of time to ferment
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:43 pm

Someone needs to let poor Emma know that DeSantis hasn't thrown his hat into the ring yet. Anyone with the political sense of an overcooked baked potato knows not to engage silly shit like this until your are on the campaign trail.

Besides, I don't believe anyone who matters really cares too much about the opinion of a hard core leftist as to who has "it" in the Conk party.

Head to head. Deantis +13, but only +3 among ‘Strong Republicans’ who are the most likely primary voters. Another new poll has Desantis beating Trump by 4 in a head to head. So Desantis favored now if just head to head. But same poll with Deantis +4 head to head has Trump winning if Haley joins the field (and I would imagine that would be the case for other conks, too, who would take more from Desantis than Trump).
https://news.yahoo.com/poll-desantis-le ... 59642.html

The 2 polls have Trump at 40-41% head to head or not, and its going to be a little higher among likely primary voters. Desantis might need a cleared field relatively early on in the primaries to win.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:49 pm

Head to head. Deantis +13, but only +3 among ‘Strong Republicans’ who are the most likely primary voters. Another new poll has Desantis beating Trump by 4 in a head to head. So Desantis favored now if just head to head. But same poll with Deantis +4 head to head has Trump winning if Haley joins the field (and I would imagine that would be the case for other conks, too, who would take more from Desantis than Trump).

The 2 polls have Trump at 40-41% head to head or not, and its going to be a little higher among likely primary voters. Desantis might need a cleared field relatively early on in the primaries to win.
The cold, hard, facts of life for the Republican Party: Trump rakes his 40% off the top of the lunatic fringe and the mutts fight savagely over the remains.

So my question to you is: Should the donks repeat their tactic of supporting the wackadoodles in the Republican primary to keep things interesting?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Follow the money because the big donors are leaving Trump like rats off a sinking ship. Trump announced three months ago, and war chest still isn't as large as DeSantis'.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Baldy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:38 pm

Follow the money because the big donors are leaving Trump like rats off a sinking ship. Trump announced three months ago, and war chest still isn't as large as DeSantis'.
But will Trump's base care about that? He's had 7+ years of propaganda to build his cult. They aren't going to peel off easily. Heck, three of them in Pennsylvania killed themselves last week because they can't stand living in a country that Trump isn't President.
:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
Baldy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:38 pm Follow the money because the big donors are leaving Trump like rats off a sinking ship. Trump announced three months ago, and war chest still isn't as large as DeSantis'.
But will Trump's base care about that? He's had 7+ years of propaganda to build his cult. They aren't going to peel off easily. Heck, three of them in Pennsylvania killed themselves last week because they can't stand living in a country that Trump isn't President.
Fair question. Can trump energize his base enough to win the Republican nomination without the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:35 am
dbackjon wrote:
Fair question. Can trump energize his base enough to win the Republican nomination without the money?

Another way to look at is whether courting Trump and his base is mandatory for any R to win?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I usually think of Vegas when I hear that. Gambling odds still have it neck, or Trump a little ahead. .
https://www.predictit.org/
https://electionbettingodds.com/GOPPrimary2024.html
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:32 pm
I usually think of Vegas when I hear that. Gambling odds still have it neck, or Trump a little ahead. .
https://www.predictit.org/
https://electionbettingodds.com/GOPPrimary2024.html
He's done, but he'll still have some entertainment value until the election
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Anyone here agree?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:29 am Anyone here agree?

woke mob Mitch... :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:Anyone here agree?

Mitch is a Democrat like trump is a fascist.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:55 am
kalm wrote:Anyone here agree?

Taking the L is difficult sometimes. :)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

2024 Primary

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:

You’re the expert on that. Could you help with me with it when it does happen? :D

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:57 am

You would know- Between this board and football season, you’re are well versed in that now.. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:03 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:57 am

You would know- Between this board and football season, you’re are well versed in that now.. :coffee:
Your contribution is affirming. So thank you.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:35 am
dbackjon wrote:

His base likes sending him money as well - he'll just claim that the big donors are part of the swamp, and Grandma needs to dig deeper to save the country. (Works for Televangelists, same victims)
:thumb: