Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:54 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:33 pm
Again, reading is fundamental, which you failed to do.
Wrong, again, as usual - I'm saying his height and weight are not as advertised and that he is morbidly obese. :coffee:
Wrong. Trump is listed at 6’3”/239. Not even close to morbidly obese, amd not even remotely close to 6’1”/335 that you claim.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:06 pm

Wrong, again, as usual - I'm saying his height and weight are not as advertised and that he is morbidly obese. :coffee:
Wrong. Trump is listed at 6’3”/239. Not even close to morbidly obese, amd not even remotely close to 6’1”/335 that you claim.
Fake News, BD, Trudeau is 6'3" and clearly taller than Trump even with the lifts. He's no more than 6'1" and easily over 300. Morbidly obese. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

239 is fake news. He might not be 300 but he isn't near 239.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:48 pm
Well, he isn’t anywhere remotely close to Christie’s obesity.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

:popcorn:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:39 pm :popcorn:
Conservative Pillow Fort says Georgia is where this will happen.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:00 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:47 pm

Well he knew he’d lost in 2020 and would learn from the mistakes last time and would seek further control over the military, courts, and state legislatures so the odds would be high I’d reckon.
"further" control? What control does he have over those things now?
Huh?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:39 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:48 pm

Only because Christie is shorter, (and probably not 5'11" either), they're both in the 310-330 range, or were before Christie got a stomach band.

Christie could whup his ass :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:58 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:39 pm :popcorn:
Conservative Pillow Fort says Georgia is where this will happen.
Make it happen when trump is on trial in Georgia and it will be a ratings bonanza :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:43 pm

I think kalmy means that trump will seek further control over those things if he's elected in 2024.
He has none of those things now, and he won't have control over them, even in the face of an unlikely election in 2024, in 2029. Again, democracy wasn't on the precipice in 2021 nor would it be in 2029. People vastly underestimate the patriotism of the military, the integrity (or at least the balance) of the federal courts, and the breadth in what are 50 independent state legislatures. At the end of the day, Trump is still a person, a deeply unprincipled and despicable person, but he's not some modern day Julius Ceasar. As bad as 1/6 was, it was maybe a couple of hundred, unarmed and pretty dim people. He's not getting more people out in 2029 to keep him in office against the current Constitution. We should recognize that our country is far more strong at its foundation than what some people try to make it out to be.
This day old post hasn’t aged well over the years.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:09 pm He has none of those things now, and he won't have control over them, even in the face of an unlikely election in 2024, in 2029. Again, democracy wasn't on the precipice in 2021 nor would it be in 2029. People vastly underestimate the patriotism of the military, the integrity (or at least the balance) of the federal courts, and the breadth in what are 50 independent state legislatures. At the end of the day, Trump is still a person, a deeply unprincipled and despicable person, but he's not some modern day Julius Ceasar. As bad as 1/6 was, it was maybe a couple of hundred, unarmed and pretty dim people. He's not getting more people out in 2029 to keep him in office against the current Constitution. We should recognize that our country is far more strong at its foundation than what some people try to make it out to be.
Why not?

I think trump could very well make a move to stay in power if he’s elected and still alive. But I have a lot more faith in our safeguards to stop him than you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

trump leading the ticket plus candidates like Kari Lake, Jim Marchand, etc. could be disastrous for the GOP.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:26 am
kalm wrote:
Why not?

I think trump could very well make a move to stay in power if he’s elected and still alive. But I have a lot more faith in our safeguards to stop him than you do.

I don’t know how much faith you have, but I’m hopeful too that the system and law prevails.

Why not? Old history and recent show it’s a possibility. I don’t want to even get close.

Ganny’s dismissive and apparently reluctant to acknowledge all of the confirmations coming forth in just the initial filed indictment alone. There will be more.

If you guys are comfortable with what recently happened and the historical dust bin of crumbling empires and democracies, god bless.

I just happen to think we have a remarkable foundation of freedom and democracy. That freedom and democracy is currently being challenged from the pentagon to the courts, to the whitehouse.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:28 am trump leading the ticket plus candidates like Kari Lake, Jim Marchand, etc. could be disastrous for the GOP.

This. We have a two party system (whether I personally like it or not) and we need both parties to be healthy and better. The free exchange of ideas.

(And yes, ‘88 I did say BOTH parties ;))
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:28 am trump leading the ticket plus candidates like Kari Lake, Jim Marchand, etc. could be disastrous for the GOP.

Convicting Trump too soon could be disastrous for The Democrats - they really need the election to be a referendum on Trump
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:47 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:26 am
Why not?

I don’t know how much faith you have, but I’m hopeful too that the system and law prevails.

Why not? Old history and recent show it’s a possibility. I don’t want to even get close.

Ganny’s dismissive and apparently reluctant to acknowledge all of the confirmations coming forth in just the initial filed indictment alone. There will be more.

If you guys are comfortable with what recently happened and the historical dust bin of crumbling empires and democracies, god bless.

I just happen to think we have a remarkable foundation of freedom and democracy. That freedom and democracy is currently being challenged from the pentagon to the courts, to the whitehouse.
...just some good ol boys letting off a little steam
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:26 am Why not?

You also clearly believe that “remarkable foundation of freedom and democracy” is so precariously fragile that a few hundred yahoos storming the capitol building could have ended it.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:58 am
kalm wrote:

You also clearly believe that “remarkable foundation of freedom and democracy” is so precariously fragile that a few hundred yahoos storming the capitol building could have ended it.

I get it. It’s more comfortable to pretend it was just that.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

More than a thousand have been charged. Not sure there's a number of yahoos that actually stormed the Capitol. But, a "few hundred" is a pretty purposeful minimization.

But, the rabble was a last ditch effort to delay the certification. They successfully delayed it - though, not as long as hoped. And, Trump's indictment actually has very little to do with January 6th itself and storming the Capitol.

The actual threat to democracy was the false elector scheme. If Pence went a long with it - and the results of an election were essentially made null and void - democracy would be in pretty serious doubt.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:39 pm

Only because Christie is shorter, (and probably not 5'11" either), they're both in the 310-330 range, or were before Christie got a stomach band.

Wrong. Trump isn’t close to 300. More like 250-270 range..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:13 pm More than a thousand have been charged. Not sure there's a number of yahoos that actually stormed the Capitol. But, a "few hundred" is a pretty purposeful minimization.

But, the rabble was a last ditch effort to delay the certification. They successfully delayed it - though, not as long as hoped. And, Trump's indictment actually has very little to do with January 6th itself and storming the Capitol.

The actual threat to democracy was the false elector scheme. If Pence went a long with it - and the results of an election were essentially made null and void - democracy would be in pretty serious doubt.
Most of those charged were simple tresspass after they walked in already open doors. A few hundred isn’t a pretty purposeful minimization.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:26 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:49 am

Wrong. Trump isn’t close to 300. More like 250-270 range..
no way, 270 would be the absolute minimum. Any less and his tie would be a foot and a half shorter. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:34 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:13 pm More than a thousand have been charged. Not sure there's a number of yahoos that actually stormed the Capitol. But, a "few hundred" is a pretty purposeful minimization.

Most of those charged were simple tresspass after they walked in already open doors. A few hundred isn’t a pretty purposeful minimization.
Others were there with zip ties and a list. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Fired his campaign manager.