A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:49 am

Ford, Nixon, Ike > Reagan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trolling post - initiated.
Oh shit…I didn’t realize that’s what it was.

Got me!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:51 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:22 pm

More importantly, DeSantis gets his legislation through. Something Trump struggled to do outside of Presidential fiat.

It's still early but I think it'll come down to DeSantis v Trump. I'm hoping Trump taps out with a "medical reasons" excuse but his ego won't allow it. Haley or Scott would be a good VP for box checking/optics purposes. Meh on everyone else on that list above.
Just the opposite - if he believes his advisors. No way he even enters the race if he thinks he's going to be a landslide loser again. And after what his advisors said at the hearing, under oath, (under oath being what separates the testimony of those of his people who blame Trump from those who don't), I have no doubt that Jabba the Gutt wishes he'd listened to those who tried to speak truth to power. And now the gubbernor of Arkansas, of all places, stands up and says on national media that Trump lost and the election was not rigged. When somebody in that position jumps ship I would call it a strong indicator that Asa Hutchison no longer sees Trump as a threat. Add in Chris Christie's scathing review Sunday morning and you can only conclude that the political establishment types no longer see Trump as able to cause them much trouble. But wait, what about the base? The base doesn't have much juju if their guiding light won't be able to run. And right now I can't think of anything that would prevent him running except the committee having the goods... :coffee:
You act as if Trump cares what any of those people say. Appeasing his own ego will be the determining factor in his decision.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:57 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:51 am

Just the opposite - if he believes his advisors. No way he even enters the race if he thinks he's going to be a landslide loser again. And after what his advisors said at the hearing, under oath, (under oath being what separates the testimony of those of his people who blame Trump from those who don't), I have no doubt that Jabba the Gutt wishes he'd listened to those who tried to speak truth to power. And now the gubbernor of Arkansas, of all places, stands up and says on national media that Trump lost and the election was not rigged. When somebody in that position jumps ship I would call it a strong indicator that Asa Hutchison no longer sees Trump as a threat. Add in Chris Christie's scathing review Sunday morning and you can only conclude that the political establishment types no longer see Trump as able to cause them much trouble. But wait, what about the base? The base doesn't have much juju if their guiding light won't be able to run. And right now I can't think of anything that would prevent him running except the committee having the goods... :coffee:
You act as if Trump cares what any of those people say. Appeasing his own ego will be the determining factor in his decision.
He can't take losing - that's why we're going through this right now even after his own AG tand senior boot-licking toady told him his claims were "bullshit". :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:02 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:57 pm

He can't take losing - that's why we're going through this right now even after his own AG tand senior boot-licking toady told him his claims were "bullshit". :coffee:
I’m starting to lean towards him not running. I think too many moderates have left his camp for the numbers to support a 2nd presidential win. But we know for sure he’s oblivious to the reality of elections and may try anyway.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:18 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:02 am

I’m starting to lean towards him not running. I think too many moderates have left his camp for the numbers to support a 2nd presidential win. But we know for sure he’s oblivious to the reality of elections and may try anyway.
I think he's realizing life is much easier not being the President - far less demands on your time. And besides, he'll be 78 years old at the next election, meaning if he won, he'd be in Washington until he's 82 (assuming again that impeachment efforts will fall short) - surely he's watching Joe's very public cognitive decline and that's not really an example to follow. He gets to sit back, claim that he was right (even if evidence is to the contrary) and he can always endorse whoever the GOP puts up and claim credit when they win in '24 against whoever the Dems try to put forward. He can call himself a kingmaker even if he has very little to do with any of it. Perfect scenario for a crazed narcissist. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:33 am

I think he's realizing life is much easier not being the President - far less demands on your time. And besides, he'll be 78 years old at the next election, meaning if he won, he'd be in Washington until he's 82 (assuming again that impeachment efforts will fall short) - surely he's watching Joe's very public cognitive decline and that's not really an example to follow. He gets to sit back, claim that he was right (even if evidence is to the contrary) and he can always endorse whoever the GOP puts up and claim credit when they win in '24 against whoever the Dems try to put forward. He can call himself a kingmaker even if he has very little to do with any of it. Perfect scenario for a crazed narcissist. :coffee:
I’m fairly certain he’s (Trump) started his OWN cognitive decline. Watching him speak 10 years ago, and watching him speak 18 months ago….not the same. I don’t know…Part of that could be exhaustion, being overwhelmed by info overload, who knows….but he sounded like an idiot most of the time talking. Whereas Biden sounds like he’s just “not there”….
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Especially when you're a grifter by trade :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:03 am

Indeed. Being President cast far more light on him than he would've had if he wasn't President. I don't doubt that at all.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

The spotlight doesn’t seem to bother the Pelosis or the Bidens.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:43 am

I’m fairly certain he’s (Trump) started his OWN cognitive decline. Watching him speak 10 years ago, and watching him speak 18 months ago….not the same. I don’t know…Part of that could be exhaustion, being overwhelmed by info overload, who knows….but he sounded like an idiot most of the time talking. Whereas Biden sounds like he’s just “not there”….
I think you're right. Trump has almost always sounded like an idiot. I think now you just hear the same thing over and over again. He's still an idiot, he just has less variety now.

And Biden clearly isn't there anymore. Comparing him to 20 years ago and it's night and day. Couple that with the more frequent angry outbursts now and you have a pretty vivid picture of a person losing their grip on reality. Hopefully we all don't end up like that when we're that old.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:58 pm

I think they're better at it then Trump is - if you're in politics long enough you just have more time to perfect that particular art of the deal (did that on purpose). Plus there is a media bias, someone would be silly to reject that. The media focus just isn't there on perceived favorites. But then again, in the case of Trump, he may just be that more worse too. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:03 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:58 pm

I think they're better at it then Trump is - if you're in politics long enough you just have more time to perfect that particular art of the deal (did that on purpose). Plus there is a media bias, someone would be silly to reject that. The media focus just isn't there on perceived favorites. But then again, in the case of Trump, he may just be that more worse too. :coffee:
More than one board certified MD has mentioned tertiary syphilis. :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:49 am

Ford, Nixon, Ike > Reagan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trolling post - initiated.
It is Kalm. I figure everything is trolling and then go from there. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:39 pm More Clinton in 2024 talk…
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics ... index.html
Please, please, if there is a God, this will come to pass….
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:57 pm

Indeed. Being President cast far more light on him than he would've had if he wasn't President. I don't doubt that at all.
He could still be banging 14 year olds and paying Stormy Daniels $65,000/inch. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:45 pm
I could see it - the DNC is oblivious to outside opinion. That's why there is no sure thing beyond their ability to fuck up. :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Women were fired up from the Dobbs decision, so she figured it was the right time for CNN to float that trial balloon out there for her.

Unfortunately, it only took until the Tuesday after for everyone to lose another 2% from their retirement accounts and remember how bad Democrats suck.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:24 pm

Women were fired up from the Dobbs decision, so she figured it was the right time for CNN to float that trial balloon out there for her.

Unfortunately, it only took until the Tuesday after for everyone to lose another 2% from their retirement accounts and remember how bad Democrats suck.
93henfan :ohno:

Its only a loss if you sell :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I think you're more likely to see Warren run than HRC. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Equally compelling! :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:32 pm

Yes, I'm glad I have 21 years before I have to sell. Unfortunately, people turning 72 this year don't have that choice.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:32 pm

Yes, I'm glad I have 21 years before I have to sell. Unfortunately, people turning 72 this year don't have that choice.
Your compassion for the elderly is an example for all of us. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

You mean Pocahontas? :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:50 pm

You mean Pocahontas? :lol:
:rofl:

Did you think of that all by yourself? 8-)