AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:35 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 am

America as a whole can’t seem to quit the swamp.
Because American voters as a whole don’t spend enough money. You pointed out the 95% number above. We have two corrupt and shitty parties. Hence no good options. Thus, the Swamp. Hence more misdirected tribalism.

Only two things will fix it. Term limits and/or money out of politics. Guess who we’d be relying on to push that legislation.

I just hope the boot hatted dude makes it through the LP primary. Libertarian/hippie?

I’m all in! :mrgreen:
“Don’t spend enough money”? WTF does that mean?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:37 am

Because American voters as a whole don’t spend enough money. You pointed out the 95% number above. We have two corrupt and shitty parties. Hence no good options. Thus, the Swamp. Hence more misdirected tribalism.

Only two things will fix it. Term limits and/or money out of politics. Guess who we’d be relying on to push that legislation.

I just hope the boot hatted dude makes it through the LP primary. Libertarian/hippie?

We need to spend more on curing social ills.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:53 pm

Lol. Like THAT’S a dealbreaker suddenly. :lol: :lol: :kisswink:

BTW, that just described about 95% of the politicians in DC
All true but no point adding more to the swamp.
My thoughts exactly. People want better options but then choose the option that leads to more of the same.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:37 am

The corruption lies with money in politics. It’s what moves the needle. The masses don’t spend enough to gain political access and enter the bubble.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ann Coulter makes a pretty good case that Trump is finished -

https://anncoulter.com/2022/01/19/the-m ... mps-donex/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:36 am Ann Coulter makes a pretty good case that Trump is finished -

Good.

He was the "best" choice in the shit salad and nothing more. In typical Trump fashion he let it go to his head.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 am

All true but no point adding more to the swamp.
My thoughts exactly. People want better options but then choose the option that leads to more of the same.
Last election I was faced with terrible choices. I cannot stand Senator Joni Ernst but the Democrat alternative was even worse. The race was expected to be close and Ernst ended up wining at 51.7%. Do I vote for Ernst who at least will provide a R senator as a buffer to the stupidity in DC or do I vote for the Libertarian candidate? If I vote for the Libertarian and the Democrat wins what happens? If Ernst loses we now have a 51-49 D majority instead of the tie we have today. Does the garbage voting rights bill pass? The BBB passes? All shitty options....
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 am Do I vote for Ernst who at least will provide a R senator as a buffer to the stupidity in DC or do I vote for the Libertarian candidate? If I vote for the Libertarian and the Democrat wins what happens?
Careful, you will be chastised by several on this board for doing the right thing.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:59 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 am Do I vote for Ernst who at least will provide a R senator as a buffer to the stupidity in DC or do I vote for the Libertarian candidate? If I vote for the Libertarian and the Democrat wins what happens?
Careful, you will be chastised by several on this board for doing the right thing.
I don't have a problem with how Fiver voted. He evaluated his options and made an informed decision.

If I was in his position, I might have voted differently based on my opinions and beliefs. Voting for what you believe is best for your district, state and country isn't wrong regardless of how you vote.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 am

Last election I was faced with terrible choices. I cannot stand Senator Joni Ernst but the Democrat alternative was even worse. The race was expected to be close and Ernst ended up wining at 51.7%. Do I vote for Ernst who at least will provide a R senator as a buffer to the stupidity in DC or do I vote for the Libertarian candidate? If I vote for the Libertarian and the Democrat wins what happens? If Ernst loses we now have a 51-49 D majority instead of the tie we have today. Does the garbage voting rights bill pass? The BBB passes? All shitty options....
I have went through the same thought processes.

There is always a race each election cycle the same question and wind up picking the best of a shitty option. So I guess it is easy for me to say pick the best option but the real world doesn't always allow that choice.

Which is why I said what I did about Haley. I can see several situations where I wind up voting for her, but I will not like it.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:59 am

I don't have a problem with how Fiver voted. He evaluated his options and made an informed decision.

If I was in his position, I might have voted differently based on my opinions and beliefs. Voting for what you believe is best for your district, state and country isn't wrong regardless of how you vote.
As long as they align with my beliefs. :kisswink:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 am

America as a whole can’t seem to quit the swamp.

Vermin Supreme! Every election he sounds more and more like the mainstream.

Platform: everybody gets a pony. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:36 am Ann Coulter makes a pretty good case that Trump is finished -

If he doesn't run who is going to pay his legal bills? He has to run now that he can't start a kids cancer charity to skim. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

This quote describes me perfectly. If asked, I would identify as independent if being a Republican meant you had to support Trump.
Maybe it’s because, day in, day out, the media tell us that the GOP is “the Party of Trump”! Apparently, this has led a lot of Republicans to conclude that they must not be Republicans, after all. (At least, among the Republicans contacted by these pollsters. I assume they didn’t have any respondents in Florida, where “Republican” has a much more favorable connotation.)

Thanks to the media’s lies, the only people calling themselves “Republicans” these days are the Trump die-hards. In other words, the blockbuster conclusion of this poll is: Trump die-hards like Trump!
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

I tell people that I am a JFK, MLK,JR Republican.

If you read their speeches, they advocated what the Republicans advocate today.

The Democrats have left the traditional behind and the Republicans have picked them up.

The rhetoric that the Republicans have become Uber Conservative is a mlm mythology that only works if you accept that Democrats have not turned hard left.

The racism dog whistle used by the left is just to take the spotlight off the left’s agenda and to smear the Republicans unfairly.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

LeadBolt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:15 pm I tell people that I am a JFK, MLK,JR Republican.

If you read their speeches, they advocated what the Republicans advocate today.

The Democrats have left the traditional behind and the Republicans have picked them up.

The rhetoric that the Republicans have become Uber Conservative is a mlm mythology that only works if you accept that Democrats have not turned hard left.

The racism dog whistle used by the left is just to take the spotlight off the left’s agenda and to smear the Republicans unfairly.

They wouldn't have that racist dogwhistle if youtube wasn't full of snuff flicks featuring trigger-happy LEOs of the Chauvin mindset.

just sayin'
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

2024 Primary

Post by LeadBolt »

According to FBI stats far more LEO’s killed by a minorities than unarmed Minorities killed by LEO’s

Just sayin’

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:25 pm According to FBI stats far more LEO’s killed by a minorities than unarmed Minorities killed by LEO’s

Just sayin’

Interesting.

According to these stats less than 100 were murdered total (race not included) in the line of duty, but surprisingly, Covid killed 350 in the line of duty.

:suspicious:

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2021
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:36 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:16 pm
This mythical Trump-DeSantis feud is largely fake news, drummed up by the left (and also possibly by Mitch McConnel) in order to try to split the conk base, and to distract from Biden’s disasters now. Of course the left and the Never Trumpers are fapping all over it..
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/15 ... ng-n507324
https://townhall.com/columnists/bradsla ... t-n2601958
That's fake news. I know fake news when I see it. It's also alternative facts. :coffee:
The reports of a Trump/DeSantis fued were like that NPR report of Gorsuch refusing to wear a mask..
https://www.foxnews.com/media/donald-tr ... ws-hannity
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:32 pm
That's fake news. I know fake news when I see it. It's also alternative facts. :coffee:
The reports of a Trump/DeSantis fued were like that NPR report of Gorsuch refusing to wear a mask..
* feud
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:32 pm The reports of a Trump/DeSantis fued were like that NPR report of Gorsuch refusing to wear a mask..
* feud
*fyrd

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:32 pm
Fake news. Those are deep fakes.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:53 pm
UNI88 wrote:
* feud
*fyrd

Fjord*
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

LeadBolt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:25 pm According to FBI stats far more LEO’s killed by a minorities than unarmed Minorities killed by LEO’s

Just sayin’

"We can't have an informed discussion because we don't have the data." James Comey speaking in the House of Representatives, October 2016.

..just sayin'...
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:

Just sayin’

"We can't have an informed discussion because we don't have the data." James Comey speaking in the House of Representatives, October 2016.

..just sayin'...
The data LB is referring to comes from the UCR… data the FBI most certainly does have, and publishes annually