Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:59 pm FYP
This Gary Johnson? :suspicious:
That Gary Johnson. When it comes to competent administration of an executive branch, Trump isn't good enough to lick out the jam from between Johnson's toes.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:43 pm
BDKJMU wrote: This Gary Johnson? :suspicious:
That Gary Johnson. When it comes to competent administration of an executive branch, Trump isn't good enough to lick out the jam from between Johnson's toes.

Yeah that’s why, despite the buffonery & mean tweets, Trump got accomplished more in 4 years than any POTUS in our lifetimes, something ‘What is Aleppo’ wouldn’t have had a prayer of doing. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:13 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:43 pm That Gary Johnson. When it comes to competent administration of an executive branch, Trump isn't good enough to lick out the jam from between Johnson's toes.

Yeah that’s why, despite the buffonery & mean tweets, Trump got accomplished more in 4 years than any POTUS in our lifetimes, something ‘What is Aleppo’ wouldn’t have had a prayer of doing. :nod:
Nothing worse than an activist President. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:43 pm That Gary Johnson. When it comes to competent administration of an executive branch, Trump isn't good enough to lick out the jam from between Johnson's toes.
Trump's presidency was a roller coaster ride of good and bad. IMO, he'll go down in history as a mediocre President. Kind of like how he was a mediocre property developer and B-list reality TV personality.

Congratulations on admitting that Trump was a buffoon. That's progress.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:53 am
Trump's presidency was a roller coaster ride of good and bad. IMO, he'll go down in history as a mediocre President. Kind of like how he was a mediocre property developer and B-list reality TV personality.

And the irony is if he’d put down the phone and been a decent human, I believe he’d go down as one of the great ones with the stuff he accomplished.

Alas, we’ll never know.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:50 pm

And the irony is if he’d put down the phone and been a decent human, I believe he’d go down as one of the great ones with the stuff he accomplished.

Alas, we’ll never know.
You could be right. It's the image stuff that hurts him, not the actual results.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Alas, we’ll never know.
:lol:

Yeah…he was THIS close to Rushmore.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:43 pm

Alas, we’ll never know.

Again, take out the mean tweets and the general Douchebaggery and his actual policies were pretty good. But hey, I get it, you libs aren’t able to separate the person from the policies. Buncha emotional fucks. :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Again, take out the mean tweets and the general Douchebaggery and his actual policies were pretty good. But hey, I get it, you libs aren’t able to separate the person from the policies. Buncha emotional fucks. :coffee: :coffee:
Libs tend to think that Obama was THIS close to Rushmore.

In his defense I will say that Trump's handling of COVID was a complete charlie foxtrot (don't want to offend your sensitive sailor ears ;) ).
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Trump lost Wisconsin solely because he was an asshole.

Never Trumpers had a large contingent there and they split their votes between GOP downballot, and for the known retail politician for prez

But - take Donald Trump out of the equation and Never Trumpers remain Republicans ... hawkish Republicans. Minus Trump, Wisconsin as well as other purple states swing for a GOP candidate.

Trump provided a certain sense of cover for hard left Democrats - in thinking that they actually make up a strong voting blic. But that is really an illusion... take away Trump and the Lincoln Republicans come back, and they bring independent Dems (who hate the woke leff) with them.

A Trump-less GOP will win big in 2022 AND 2024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So now we’re going from “one of the great ones” to “pretty good”. :lol:

Aside from emboldening stupidity (which hurts us in many ways) Trump was a cut tax and spend Republican who weakened environmental laws, while commuting “general douchebaggery”.

70 million people like being represented in that way. :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:50 am Trump lost Wisconsin solely because he was an asshole.

Never Trumpers had a large contingent there and they split their votes between GOP downballot, and for the known retail politician for prez

But - take Donald Trump out of the equation and Never Trumpers remain Republicans ... hawkish Republicans. Minus Trump, Wisconsin as well as other purple states swing for a GOP candidate.

Trump provided a certain sense of cover for hard left Democrats - in thinking that they actually make up a strong voting blic. But that is really an illusion... take away Trump and the Lincoln Republicans come back, and they bring independent Dems (who hate the woke leff) with them.

Is it enough for Republican candidates to simply ignore him?

Will he stand down for the sake of the party?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:45 am Maybe he’s just trolling..
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/3 ... 024-507656
He’ll run unless somebody buys him off at a YUGE price. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:00 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:45 am Maybe he’s just trolling..
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/3 ... 024-507656
Maybe he will be another Cleveland?

Personally I do not think so and do not think he would make it through the primaries this time.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:23 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:00 am

Personally I do not think so and do not think he would make it through the primaries this time.
But he would turn the primaries into a circus and the resulting buffoonery would damage the R candidate.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:59 am

But he would turn the primaries into a circus and the resulting buffoonery would damage the R candidate.
:nod:

And he would be taking 20 million hard core followers with him if he feels unwanted.

:cry:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

They are already a circus.

If one keeps your cool, the only damage is to Trump. Don't try to beat Trump at his own game, play your own and force Trump to play by your rules.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:03 am

And he would be taking 20 million hard core followers with him if he feels unwanted.

Meh, I do not think it will be 20 million but it will be a chunk. Outside of a few diehards, the majority will still vote R because it is that or vote D. And then it comes down to what they hate more. Trump not getting the primary or having a D in office.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:16 am
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:03 am

Meh, I do not think it will be 20 million but it will be a chunk. Outside of a few diehards, the majority will still vote R because it is that or vote D. And then it comes down to what they hate more. Trump not getting the primary or having a D in office.
Much of it depends on how slighted he feels.

R candidates will still have to decide whether to kiss the ring during and after the primary.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:34 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:16 am

R candidates will still have to decide whether to kiss the ring during and after the primary.
:suspicious:

You know he is going to be yugely slighted and offended and then going to try and take his balls home with him.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:03 am

You know he is going to be yugely slighted and offended and then going to try and take his balls home with him.
And his small hands. Grover Trump.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:26 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:50 am Trump lost Wisconsin solely because he was an asshole.

Is it enough for Republican candidates to simply ignore him?

Will he stand down for the sake of the party?
Sadly, I don’t think he will.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:24 am

So now we’re going from “one of the great ones” to “pretty good”. :lol:

Aside from emboldening stupidity (which hurts us in many ways) Trump was a cut tax and spend Republican who weakened environmental laws, while commuting “general douchebaggery”.

70 million people like being represented in that way. :ohno:
Well, given your hyperbole of him being “this close to Rushmore”, I felt I should clarify. Too nuanced for you?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:03 am

Yeah…I’m not convinced he’s willing to do that.