Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by kalm »

I want to think J6 will hurt Trump in the primary.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 am I want to think J6 will hurt Trump in the primary.
I hope you are right, but not because I think he is guilty (of anything other than being an idiot). Desantis is the best chance to steamroll the Democrats.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:50 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:33 pm

I think you're more likely to see Warren run than HRC. :coffee:
You mean Fauxcahontas? :lol:
FYP
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:47 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 am I want to think J6 will hurt Trump in the primary.
I hope you are right, but not because I think he is guilty (of anything other than being an idiot). Desantis is the best chance to steamroll the Democrats.
Why I :lol: at the donks going after Trump with their 1/6 committee. They are trying to sabotage their only chance at keeping the WH. Because if its not Trump, it will be Desantis, and he will destroy anyone the donks put up against him. If the donks were smart, they would do everything they could do to get Trump to run, when instead they are doing the opposite..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:23 pm

Why I :lol: at the donks going after Trump with their 1/6 committee. They are trying to sabotage their only chance at keeping the WH. Because if its not Trump, it will be Desantis, and he will destroy anyone the donks put up against him. If the donks were smart, they would do everything they could do to get Trump to run, when instead they are doing the opposite..
And that’s ok.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

But, I thought no one was paying attention to the 1/6 committee - much less Republican primary voters.

Now it's going to damage Trump in the primary?? :suspicious:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:30 pm
But, I thought no one was paying attention to the 1/6 committee - much less Republican primary voters.

Only if they got some type of conviction on a trumped up charge, which the left is clearly fapping about..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:55 pm
And that’s ok.
I don’t think they’re doing it to “destroy Trump”, but rather to keep him relevant and the “boogeyman” for donk voters to wring their hands and go through histrionics over. Because if HE isn’t front and center in their minds, they might actually rub two brain cells together and realize what a shitshow they “elected”, they might actually pull up their 401k statements and realize they’re gonna have to work another 5-7 years thanks to their shitshow, that their savings balances are tapped out because of their shitshow’s inflation performance….you know, things that actually MATTER. It’s all a giant sideshow.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Because you place Party over country, comrade. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:38 pm

Only if they got some type of conviction on a trumped up charge, which the left is clearly fapping about..
Stopit man you're killin me..!

(Mods - we going to need a "fapping vigorously" emoji)
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:27 am

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:34 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:27 am

thats the one!

Can you have it ready for the next hearing? :mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Not a surprise. Here comes Captain Chaos…

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:23 pm Not a surprise. Here comes Captain Chaos…

One of the many things about him that irritates me. He just refuses to step aside, even when it’s in the best interests of the party and the country. :ohno:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:rofl:

Every once in a while I think you're just pretending to be dimwitted :thumb:

(I bet Merrick Garland recently saying that nobody is above the law has created a wave of sphincter-lock through the conktards. :nod: )
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:43 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:23 pm Not a surprise. Here comes Captain Chaos…

One of the many things about him that irritates me. He just refuses to step aside, even when it’s in the best interests of the party and the country. :ohno:
...five years from now you won't be able to find anybody that will admit to voting for him
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:13 am

...five years from now you won't be able to find anybody that will admit to voting for him
The GOP establishment is already trying to move on. DeSantis (or whichever front runners) will likely try to run silent on Trump as long as they can. Will Trump let that happen? Will he threaten running as as an Indy if/when he doesn’t win the nomination or get their support?

If I was GOP, I’d be rooting for an indictment.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:28 am

The GOP establishment is already trying to move on. DeSantis (or whichever front runners) will likely try to run silent on Trump as long as they can. Will Trump let that happen? Will he threaten running as as an Indy if/when he doesn’t win the nomination or get their support?

An indictment makes it more likely Trump runs.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:16 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:28 am

He’s running
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:23 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:16 am
He’s running
he has no choice but to declare and call the hearings a plot to keep him from power :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I voted for him. Twice. Mostly because of who he was running against, but i voted for him.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:10 am

(I bet Merrick Garland recently saying that nobody is above the law has created a wave of sphincter-lock through the conktards. :nod: )
What he meant was nobody ON THAT SIDE OF THE AISLE is above the law. Laws don’t apply to donks. This one-sided witch hunt is gonna come back to haunt these POS’s.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:13 pm

What he meant was nobody ON THAT SIDE OF THE AISLE is above the law. Laws don’t apply to donks. This one-sided witch hunt is gonna come back to haunt these POS’s.
What about the hearings do think makes them a witch hunt?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:13 pm

I think you need to coin a neo-logism for what is happening now. A "witch-hunt" doesn't usually have 100% of the testimony under oath coming from the cronies and hand-picked employees of the perp. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:12 pm

I voted for him. Twice. Mostly because of who he was running against, but i voted for him.
I voted against him because of who he was, is, and always will be. The difference is that I didn't have to put Party over Country to do it.