Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:12 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:13 am

...five years from now you won't be able to find anybody that will admit to voting for him
I voted for him. Twice. Mostly because of who he was running against, but i voted for him.
I thought you voted for Gary Johnson in 2016?

You voted for Trump in 2020? :shock: :|
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:43 am

I voted for him. Twice. Mostly because of who he was running against, but i voted for him.

That's me. Johnson in 2016, then Trump in 2020.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZ definitely used to claim he voted for Johnson in 2016.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ha. How quickly we forget. You are correct. I did NOT vote for Trump in ‘16, but did in ‘20.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:25 am

Ha. How quickly we forget. You are correct. I did NOT vote for Trump in ‘16, but did in ‘20.
Are you sure? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:44 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:25 am

Are you sure? :?
No, not really. Not sure what I had for dinner last night. :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

-Buttageg- blacks, esp black males, aren’t going to vote for a gay white guy. And he’s been a disaster at DOT.
-Biden: turns 80 in Nov; he’ll be 82 when next term starts, and probably in full blowm dementia.
-Pocahontas: (73 now)- lol
-Newsom: Donks best bet. Might be the smartest, and best looking (no homo) of the bunch.
-Klobuchar: Nope
-Sanders: (80 now, would be 83 when next term starts, 0 chance)
-Harris: There’s no way the donks can nominate her, but it will be racist amd sexist if they nominate a white male ahead of her.
Ocasio-Cortez: lol
Clinton: (75 now) don’t see it happening (but would love to see her win the nomination lol).
Abrams: She’ll be a 2 time gubanatorial loser.
Booker: One of the donk’s better options. Don’t know why he doesn’t poll better.

Some other possibilities like Polis (donk Gov of CO) or Cooper (Gov of NC). Probably neither left enough to win a donk primary.

I’m calling it right now: 2024 its going to be Desantis vs Newsom. You heard it here 1st. :nod:
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:29 pm

-Buttageg- blacks, esp black males, aren’t going to vote for a gay white guy. And he’s been a disater at DOT.
-Biden: turns 80 in Nov; he’ll be 82 when next term starts, and probably in full blowm dementia.
-Newsom: Donks best bet. Might be the smartest, and best looking (no homo) of the bunch.
-Harris: There’s no way the donks can nominate her, but it will be racist amd sexist if they nominate a white male ahead of her.
Clinton: (75 now) don’t see it happening (but would love to see her win the nomination lol).
Booker: One of the donk’s better options. Don’t know why he doesn’t poll better.

Some other possibilities like Polis (donk Gov of CO) or Cooper (Gov of NC). Probably neither left enough to win a donk primary.

I’m calling it right now: 2024 its going to be Desantis vs Newsom. You heard it here 1st. :nod:
Please God, let the 2024 candidate come from THAT list. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:28 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:29 pm

-Buttageg- blacks, esp black males, aren’t going to vote for a gay white guy. And he’s been a disater at DOT.

I do appreciate Newsom & California's gun control bill that is essentially a troll of the Texas abortion law.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:45 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:28 pm

I do appreciate Newsom & California's gun control bill that is essentially a troll of the Texas abortion law.
Not the only CA anti 2A bill that will be struck down by SCOTUS..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:06 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:45 pm
How will they strike it down while leaving the TX abortion bill in place?

Gavin Newsom’s plan to save the Constitution by trolling the Supreme Court
California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed a law on Friday modeled after Texas’s anti-abortion law SB 8 — the Texas law which uses private lawsuits to target abortion providers. But there’s one important difference between the two state laws: California’s new law sends these litigious bounty hunters against gun dealers who sell certain guns, including assault weapons and weapons with no serial number.

It’s a high-stakes gambit that will test whether the Supreme Court actually meant what it said in Whole Woman’s Health v. Jackson (2021), which held that because of SB 8’s unique style of enforcement, it was immune from meaningful judicial review — and thus would take effect despite very strong arguments that the law was unconstitutional at the time.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:11 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:06 pm

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed a law on Friday modeled after Texas’s anti-abortion law SB 8 — the Texas law which uses private lawsuits to target abortion providers. But there’s one important difference between the two state laws: California’s new law sends these litigious bounty hunters against gun dealers who sell certain guns, including assault weapons and weapons with no serial number.

It’s a high-stakes gambit that will test whether the Supreme Court actually meant what it said in Whole Woman’s Health v. Jackson (2021), which held that because of SB 8’s unique style of enforcement, it was immune from meaningful judicial review — and thus would take effect despite very strong arguments that the law was unconstitutional at the time.
EASY.
-SCOTUS never ruled on the merits of the Texas SB8, which isn’t even at the appellate level now, but the district.
-Dobbs made SB8 a moot.
-There is a Constitutional right to bear arms, there isn’t to abortion.
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/07 ... ll-n484588
So Newsom will waste millions of CA tax dollars defending his silly stunt, but he will score political points with the left for standing up to ‘the NRA’ and ‘the gun lobby’ and those anti abortion gun nut rubes from Texas.

CA is likely going to lose on their magazine ban and ‘assault weapons’ ban as well.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... reconsider

Then Newsom will be whining like a little bitch after CA goes 0 for 3 on anti 2A cases before SCOTUS around the time he’s running for POTUS..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump releases 2024? campaign commercial this morning on Truth Social:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The most consequential development in a Republican primary this week did not come on Tuesday, but the day before, at Mar-a-Lago.

If there was ever a lane for a Trump-y — but not Trump — Republican in the 2024 presidential primary, it now appears to be that much narrower.

“Completely handed him a lifeline,” groused one Republican strategist who advises a potential rival to Trump in 2024. “Unbelievable … It put everybody in the wagon for Trump again. It’s just taken the wind out of everybody’s sails.”

For any other Trumpian candidate, the strategist said, “It’s over.”

John Thomas, a Republican political strategist who had been organizing a PAC to support DeSantis in the event he runs in 2024, said on Tuesday, “We can hang it up.”

“It couldn’t be clearer,” he said. “If Trump wants it at this point, I don’t see how it’s not his … It’ll be a coronation at this point, not a primary.”

Republicans seemed to know this Tuesday, and not just at the national level. In a Republican Party enamored by Trump’s grievance politics, the FBI search cast him more plainly than ever as a politician persecuted by the left.

In Connecticut, Trump’s endorsed U.S. Senate candidate, Leora Levy, beat the state party’s endorsed candidate, former state House Minority Leader Themis Klarides, after calling the Mar-a-Lago search an “assault on our freedom and our liberty.”

And Republicans who weren’t immediately rushing to Trump’s defense were taking hits for it. On Tuesday morning, Tim Michels, the Trump-backed businessperson who ultimately defeated former Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch in Wisconsin’s gubernatorial primary, said on Twitter, “If the federal government can do this to a former president, imagine what they can do to you. People are right to be concerned. Rebecca Kleefisch is wrong to stay silent.”

Shortly after, Kleefisch wasn’t silent at all, writing that the FBI’s search and seizure was “shocking” and that she is keeping “President Trump and his family in my thoughts.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/1 ... y-00050768
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:22 pm
The most consequential development in a Republican primary this week did not come on Tuesday, but the day before, at Mar-a-Lago.

If there was ever a lane for a Trump-y — but not Trump — Republican in the 2024 presidential primary, it now appears to be that much narrower.

“Completely handed him a lifeline,” groused one Republican strategist who advises a potential rival to Trump in 2024. “Unbelievable … It put everybody in the wagon for Trump again. It’s just taken the wind out of everybody’s sails.”

For any other Trumpian candidate, the strategist said, “It’s over.”

John Thomas, a Republican political strategist who had been organizing a PAC to support DeSantis in the event he runs in 2024, said on Tuesday, “We can hang it up.”

“It couldn’t be clearer,” he said. “If Trump wants it at this point, I don’t see how it’s not his … It’ll be a coronation at this point, not a primary.”

Republicans seemed to know this Tuesday, and not just at the national level. In a Republican Party enamored by Trump’s grievance politics, the FBI search cast him more plainly than ever as a politician persecuted by the left.

In Connecticut, Trump’s endorsed U.S. Senate candidate, Leora Levy, beat the state party’s endorsed candidate, former state House Minority Leader Themis Klarides, after calling the Mar-a-Lago search an “assault on our freedom and our liberty.”

And Republicans who weren’t immediately rushing to Trump’s defense were taking hits for it. On Tuesday morning, Tim Michels, the Trump-backed businessperson who ultimately defeated former Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch in Wisconsin’s gubernatorial primary, said on Twitter, “If the federal government can do this to a former president, imagine what they can do to you. People are right to be concerned. Rebecca Kleefisch is wrong to stay silent.”

Shortly after, Kleefisch wasn’t silent at all, writing that the FBI’s search and seizure was “shocking” and that she is keeping “President Trump and his family in my thoughts.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/1 ... y-00050768
Yep. I have to think this is planned, that they donks believe (wrongly, IMHO) the ONLY person they can beat in ‘24 is Trump.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Y'all are all over the place on this. :lol:

The FBI is trying to torpedo Trump '24.
The FBI is trying to prop up Trump '24 at the expense of other Conks.
The FBI planted documents to frame Trump.
The FBI is recovering real documents that prove #Spygate
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 am Y'all are all over the place on this. :lol:

Yes, we are all over the place. Because it has appeared from the beginning they felt the need to keep him in the spotlight, make him the party boogeyman, to keep him relevant for midterms…but THIS smacks of an attempt to make him want to run again. It’s strange, for sure, but that doesn’t surprise me coming from a party that has been unable to get out of its own way for the past 20+ years.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Sad that you're hoping for a 3rd party spoiler to defeat a demented old man. LOW ENERGY!
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Poll: Mar-a-Lago search boosts Trump among GOP, but may damage him with most voters
According to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, a majority of Republicans and GOP-leaning independents now prefer Trump (54%) over “someone else” (34%) for the 2024 nomination. Right before the Mar-a-Lago search, those numbers were 47% and 38%, respectively.
Yet at the same time, a full 56% of Americans say Trump should not be “allowed to serve as president again in the future” if he is “found guilty of mishandling highly classified documents” — which is precisely what the FBI is investigating him for. Only 26% say he should be permitted to assume the presidency again in that scenario.

The survey of 1,563 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Aug. 18 to 22, underscores both the political risks and rewards of the Mar-a-Lago situation for Trump. On the one hand, Republicans seem to be rallying around him in response to the search, bolstering his chances of facing off against President Biden again in 2024. On the other hand, a clear majority of Americans view mishandling highly classified documents as a disqualifying offense.

The question that could determine Trump’s political future is what kind of proof emerges in the weeks and months ahead.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:38 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:11 pm

EASY.
-SCOTUS never ruled on the merits of the Texas SB8, which isn’t even at the appellate level now, but the district.
-Dobbs made SB8 a moot.
-There is a Constitutional right to bear arms, there isn’t to abortion.
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/07 ... ll-n484588
So Newsom will waste millions of CA tax dollars defending his silly stunt, but he will score political points with the left for standing up to ‘the NRA’ and ‘the gun lobby’ and those anti abortion gun nut rubes from Texas.

CA is likely going to lose on their magazine ban and ‘assault weapons’ ban as well.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... reconsider

Then Newsom will be whining like a little bitch after CA goes 0 for 3 on anti 2A cases before SCOTUS around the time he’s running for POTUS..
The well-regulated militia has yours waiting. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:52 pm Poll: Mar-a-Lago search boosts Trump among GOP, but may damage him with most voters
According to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, a majority of Republicans and GOP-leaning independents now prefer Trump (54%) over “someone else” (34%) for the 2024 nomination. Right before the Mar-a-Lago search, those numbers were 47% and 38%, respectively.
Yet at the same time, a full 56% of Americans say Trump should not be “allowed to serve as president again in the future” if he is “found guilty of mishandling highly classified documents” — which is precisely what the FBI is investigating him for. Only 26% say he should be permitted to assume the presidency again in that scenario.

The survey of 1,563 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Aug. 18 to 22, underscores both the political risks and rewards of the Mar-a-Lago situation for Trump. On the one hand, Republicans seem to be rallying around him in response to the search, bolstering his chances of facing off against President Biden again in 2024. On the other hand, a clear majority of Americans view mishandling highly classified documents as a disqualifying offense.

The question that could determine Trump’s political future is what kind of proof emerges in the weeks and months ahead.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:11 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 am Y'all are all over the place on this. :lol:

Yes, we are all over the place. Because it has appeared from the beginning they felt the need to keep him in the spotlight, make him the party boogeyman, to keep him relevant for midterms…but THIS smacks of an attempt to make him want to run again. It’s strange, for sure, but that doesn’t surprise me coming from a party that has been unable to get out of its own way for the past 20+ years.
Spare us the histrionics, there was never any doubt that he was going to run again. :roll:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:54 am

Spare us the histrionics, there was never any doubt that he was going to run again. :roll:
If only Trump would just refuse to cooperate with the deep states dastardly plans.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:54 am

Wasn’t there? :coffee: