Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:06 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Desantis already does that. And CID is right, hopefully. People will wake up.
DeSantis needs 2 things: Trump not to run and Trump not to get jealous of his popularity and lash out at him.

Can Trump set aside his own ego and do what is right for the party?
3 things - De Santis needs to make sure that Lardass can't be extradited to NY. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Desantis already does that. And CID is right, hopefully. People will wake up.
DeSantis needs 2 things: Trump not to run and Trump not to get jealous of his popularity and lash out at him.

No. Reports are that he's already pissed that Jared has a book deal and is going to take credit for things he did in the administration. Humility just isn't a trait Trump possesses.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:04 pm

No. Reports are that he's already pissed that Jared has a book deal and is going to take credit for things he did in the administration. Humility just isn't a trait Trump possesses.
Well then we can hope for him to die. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:36 am No, I don’t. I was using her as a benchmark in that thread.

For each day that passes she further tanks her chances at the nomination because her lack of competence becomes obvious to anyone who might not have been previously aware of it. At this point the only demographic she can carry is black females and that isn’t enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have way more faith than I do that people actually CARE what her competence level is...she has a "D" behind her name and will have four years (presumably) as VP. That's all 48% of the voting populace needs to see.
Independents and moderates aren’t extinct yet. In fact, they make up majorities if you take into account the issues that cause each party’s base to go berserk. Extreme positions on both sides turn off the moderates and the independents and they *will* cross the aisle if the other guy isn’t completely unlikeable or extreme.

I know the last few years make it hard to believe, but there is a very big middle in this country... they are sick of the drama and the BS and they will vote for sanity.

BTW the great thing is that the political middle is a direct rebuke to the extremes in each party- it is multiracial, multi-denominational, straight, gay, and basically wants to be left alone.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:34 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
You have way more faith than I do that people actually CARE what her competence level is...she has a "D" behind her name and will have four years (presumably) as VP. That's all 48% of the voting populace needs to see.
Independents and moderates aren’t extinct yet. In fact, they make up majorities if you take into account the issues that cause each party’s base to go berserk. Extreme positions on both sides turn off the moderates and the independents and they *will* cross the aisle if the other guy isn’t completely unlikeable or extreme.

I know the last few years make it hard to believe, but there is a very big middle in this country... they are sick of the drama and the BS and they will vote for sanity.

BTW the great thing is that the political middle is a direct rebuke to the extremes in each party- it is multiracial, multi-denominational, straight, gay, and basically wants to be left alone.

You got that shit right. :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

And, I'm sure as someone who went from Sarah Palin adoration to Trump, you consider yourself the "political middle."
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:40 pm And, I'm sure as someone who went from Sarah Palin adoration to Trump, you consider yourself the "political middle."
Why not? JSO self-identifies as a conservative and Houndie says he's a republican.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Of course to get nominated you have to appeal to the most partisan elements of your party. The GOP is worse in that regard but Democrats replace that with fickle single-issue voters and woke idpol purists.

And meanwhile, a state Trump won twice passed $15 minimum wage by 20 points and deep-blue woke California voted down Prop 15 by double digits as big-money interests try to pull both parties to the right economically and leftward culturally.

Add these together and you get politics where we vote to defeat the other guy than elect our guy. Muricafuckyeah.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:43 pm Of course to get nominated you have to appeal to the most partisan elements of your party. The GOP is worse in that regard but Democrats replace that with fickle single-issue voters and woke idpol purists.

And meanwhile, a state Trump won twice passed $15 minimum wage by 20 points and deep-blue woke California voted down Prop 15 by double digits as big-money interests try to pull both parties to the right economically and leftward culturally.

Add these together and you get politics where we vote to defeat the other guy than elect our guy. Muricafuckyeah.
:nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:54 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:40 pm And, I'm sure as someone who went from Sarah Palin adoration to Trump, you consider yourself the "political middle."
Why not? JSO self-identifies as a conservative and Houndie says he's a republican.
Bullshyt on both counts. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Maybe he's disappointed that Jared's father met with Nikki Haley and believes she will be the first woman President.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:26 am

At least I’m still post partisan.

:coffee:

:king:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:16 am
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:26 am

You'll be post-partisan during the peaceful couple of days after the pseudo-progressives throw all conservatives into re-education camps. Then the pseudo-progressives will start fighting amongst themselves and you'll be forced to flee to Mexico like Trotsky. ;)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Liberals fuming after DeSantis website sells beer koozies saying 'Don't Fauci my Florida
Another quotes the Florida gov: 'How the hell am I going to be able to drink a beer with my mask on?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/libera ... my-florida
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:31 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:16 am

You'll be post-partisan during the peaceful couple of days after the pseudo-progressives throw all conservatives into re-education camps. Then the pseudo-progressives will start fighting amongst themselves and you'll be forced to flee to Mexico like Trotsky. ;)
There’s some kick ass largemouth fisheries in the interior to go along with the tarpon, permit, bonefish, and Jack crevalle on the Yucatán.

I’ll be fine...

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:07 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:31 am

There’s some kick ass largemouth fisheries in the interior to go along with the tarpon, permit, bonefish, and Jack crevalle on the Yucatán.

I’ll be fine...

Trotsky was assassinated. You should ask yourself - who is the future Stalin on CS? :D :D
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 am
Trotsky was assassinated. You should ask yourself - who is the future Stalin on CS? :D :D
JSO. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I didn't say I was a Republican, just that I was more conservative than the "Republicans" here. :coffee:

Pay cash for everything even if you have to pawn the spare tire. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:

The ones in the Republican Party are running scared and and aren't thinking about anything except what happened to Liz Cheney when she crossed Lardass.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:34 pm Independents and moderates aren’t extinct yet. In fact, they make up majorities if you take into account the issues that cause each party’s base to go berserk. Extreme positions on both sides turn off the moderates and the independents and they *will* cross the aisle if the other guy isn’t completely unlikeable or extreme.

The ones in the Republican Party are running scared and and aren't thinking about anything except what happened to Liz Cheney when she crossed Lardass.
I’m talking about voters you tit

Real people - not politicians

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:19 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 am
JSO has proven he isn’t the strong man type. Not sure about the rest of you conks on here...

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:

In other words, small-l libertarians. It’s a shame so many cap-L Libertarians* are such whackjobs that they are blowing the chance of a lifetime.

*But not me! :mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:10 am

JSO has proven he isn’t the strong man type. Not sure about the rest of you conks on here...

But he has advocated for the elimination of Trump supporters so there's that.....
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Trip is a believer and is against violence. Houndie can be bought off with hooch and weed. My money's on Jelly. You might want to PM 89 for tips on how to "handle" the situation. ;)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JSO is on record as saying anyone who voted for or supports Trump should be eliminated. Eradicated. Removed.

That sounds pretty “Stalin-esque” to me.