Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:38 am John Bolton predicted Trump won't run for president again in 2024 because he fears being known as a loser if it doesn't work out
"I think he knows deep inside, although he will never admit it, he did lose in 2020 and very much fears losing in 2024 because if he hates anything in the world, he hates being called a loser."

Bolton added later: "I think he will talk about running incessantly until the very last moment because if he were ever to say he was not going to be a candidate, it would turn the spotlight off, and he doesn't like that either."
Bolton could be right and it's too late for Trump, he's already a loser.
....maybe this explains our southern brothers and sisters love for a New York City con artist? Losers flocking together...

I bet fat boy didn't like how the crowd responded to his call for vaccinations (talk about deperate!) either.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I hope Sinema and Manchin get primaried and the progressive candidates get absolutely buried in the general election. Hopefully would begin to slow down the "you're either 100% with us or you're the enemy" movements in both parties.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:21 pm

I hope Sinema and Manchin get primaried and the progressive candidates get absolutely buried in the general election. Hopefully would begin to slow down the "you're either 100% with us or you're the enemy" movements in both parties.
Both of them are safe. Although the thought of dback primarying Sinema makes me chuckle.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:07 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:21 pm

Both of them are safe. Although the thought of dback primarying Sinema makes me chuckle.
I don’t know how safe Sienma is. She no longer has the backing of the Arizona Democratic Party.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:

Shhhhhhh 88

These people think they are popular and numerous

Let’s continue letting them think that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:07 pm Both of them are safe. Although the thought of dback primarying Sinema makes me chuckle.
I don’t know how safe Sienma is. She no longer has the backing of the Arizona Democratic Party.
McCain Republicans will vote for her if she gets a challenge from her left flank.

I think she’s safe.

But you know who is currently safe but about to be vulnerable?

The 4-5 Senate Dems hiding behind Sinema and Manchin who are going to be forced into a vote on voting “rights” by Schumer simply because he wants to put people on record or show he’s “fightin” or something.

It is an epic faceplant in the making and I kinda hope it happens

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:31 pm
UNI88 wrote:

Shhhhhhh 88

These people think they are popular and numerous

Let’s continue letting them think that
Sorry.

I'll try and keep quiet and wait to be entertained by the pearl clutching, lamentations about the end of civilization and rationalizations that will follow if it does happen.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
McCain Republicans will vote for her if she gets a challenge from her left flank.

I think she’s safe.

The 4-5 Senate Dems hiding behind Sinema and Manchin who are going to be forced into a vote on voting “rights” by Schumer simply because he wants to put people on record or show he’s “fightin” or something.

Yeah. Like Tester from MT and Hassan from NH. Smoke ‘em out.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote:

I think she’s safe.

And even IF Schumer could get all 50 donk Senators to vote to end the fillibuster and all 50 to vote for this federalizing off all elections (I know at least Manchin didn’t support an early version), it likely wouldn’t pass constitutional muster. So why are the donks pushing something that jas almost zero chance if coming to fruition?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:53 pm

I think she’s safe.

And even IF Schumer could get all 50 donk Senators to vote to end the fillibuster and all 50 to vote for this federalizing off all elections (I know at least Manchin didn’t support an early version), it likely wouldn’t pass constitutional muster. So why are the donks pushing something that jas almost zero chance if coming to fruition?
Because it’s what Donks do. 8-)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:58 pm
Because it’s what Donks do. 8-)

Maybe if we are lucky the illiberals will be so disgusted with the Democratic party that they will swear off voting for the rest of their lives.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 am

I think she’s safe.

Kelly (AZ), Cortez Matzo (NM), Warnock (GA), all up for re election 2022, the 3 most vulnerbale donks (Hassan would be a 4th).
https://www.cookpolitical.com/ratings/s ... ce-ratings

Kelly, Matzo, and Warnock are the most vulnerable donks
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I think she’s safe.

Because their intent is to change the rules so they CAN get their way (stack the court, eliminate the EC, etc., etc.)….trust me, they are not going to give up without a fight.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Good. If I counted it right on Ballotpedia, 7 states had already begun early voting by the time of the 1st debate on 9/29, and 44 by the time of the 3rd denate on 10/22. At a minimum the 1st debate should be held before a single ballot is cast.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republ ... 022-01-13/
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:36 pm McCain Republicans will vote for her if she gets a challenge from her left flank.

I think she’s safe.

Maybe Biden will come out and compare them to Jeff Davis and Bull Connor too!

All for opposing nuking the filibuster on principle

In about 1 year Dems will be staunch defenders of the filibuster you can bet your life on it

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 pm
Because their intent is to change the rules so they CAN get their way (stack the court, eliminate the EC, etc., etc.)….trust me, they are not going to give up without a fight.
Well, I wish more libtards would follow in these young lefties hunger strike footsteps in the name of ‘voting rights legislation’.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunger-strike-day-2
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:34 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 pm

Well, I wish more libtards would follow in these young lefties hunger strike footsteps in the name of ‘voting rights legislation’.
Found the article hilarious….they’re already “feeling the physical effects” of hunger.

It’s fucking Day TWO. :rofl: :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:41 pm
Found the article hilarious….they’re already “feeling the physical effects” of hunger.

:suspicious:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Gawd, it’s tough to lay off the Starbucks and Mickey D’s without going straight into withdrawal.

Coddled, entitled young punks.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 am

Gawd, it’s tough to lay off the Starbucks and Mickey D’s without going straight into withdrawal.

Coddled, entitled young punks.
I give them a week. They'll all go back to their parents' basement.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 4-ask.html
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, a once-loyal member of Donald Trump's court, is refusing to bend a knee to the former president and says backing him in the 2024 election 'is too much to ask' after Trump publicly attacked his character, according to a report.

Trump reportedly said the popular governor has 'no personal charisma' and a 'dull personality' as rumors swirl the ex-president is angry DeSantis hasn't declined to challenge him for the GOP presidential nomination.
Trump really doesn't like a challenger he can't bully, does he? :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 4-ask.html
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, a once-loyal member of Donald Trump's court, is refusing to bend a knee to the former president and says backing him in the 2024 election 'is too much to ask' after Trump publicly attacked his character, according to a report.

Trump reportedly said the popular governor has 'no personal charisma' and a 'dull personality' as rumors swirl the ex-president is angry DeSantis hasn't declined to challenge him for the GOP presidential nomination.
even more reason to like DeSantis. :nod: :nod: :nod: Same/better policy decisions, but made by an adult. :thumb: :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:02 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 4-ask.html

even more reason to like DeSantis. :nod: :nod: :nod: Same/better policy decisions, but made by an adult. :thumb: :thumb:
Hopefully this is the crack in Trump's MAGAt teflon that helps the base see him for the petulant narcissist that he is.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I'm not a DeSantis fan but anyone who doesn't bow before Trump deserves a nod. :mrgreen:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:17 pm

Hopefully this is the crack in Trump's MAGAt teflon that helps the base see him for the petulant narcissist that he is.
And for others to follow. Would love to see Nikki come out in 2024.