Political discussions
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: How secure is this forum?

Post by HI54UNI »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 am Forum is turning 14 years old soon, so I'd start watching out for JSO.

j/k
:rofl:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:29 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:39 am
King Olaf the Stout?

I know my strengths and being a King is not one of them. :thumb:

I like my solitude and have a serious case of wanderlust.
If I, between two suns, should go away,
No voice would lift to ask another why,
No word would question my retreat, nor sigh,
Nor wonder why I'd chosen not to stay;
For I am a stranger here, of other clay:
A guest within this house, a passerby-
A roving life whose theme has been "Goodbye"
A shadow on the road, a thing astray.

What dim ancestral heritage is mine.
That now awakens in my blood regret?
What destiny is this, what strange design,
That I must seek a haunting silhouette
In unremembered lands my dreams divine,
But cannot quite recall or quite forget? - Louis L'Amour
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:29 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:29 am

I know my strengths and being a King is not one of them. :thumb:

I like my solitude and have a serious case of wanderlust.

I definitely didn't catch the reference. Probably would help if I had watched Vikings though. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:55 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:29 am
I definitely didn't catch the reference. Probably would help if I had watched Vikings though. :D
Vikings is one of my favorites.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:55 am

I remember hearing about it but decided to wait till they finished up the show before I started watching it. Has it finished yet or is it still ongoing?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 am
I remember hearing about it but decided to wait till they finished up the show before I started watching it. Has it finished yet or is it still ongoing?
I believe it's done. I watched it from the start but switched streaming services and lost the History channel in the middle of the series. It's on Prime now so I'm on the last half of season 6 now which is the final season. I would recommend watching it up until at least Ragnar's death. It wasn't great after that but it's still good.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:15 am

I believe it's done. I watched it from the start but switched streaming services and lost the History channel in the middle of the series. It's on Prime now so I'm on the last half of season 6 now which is the final season. I would recommend watching it up until at least Ragnar's death. It wasn't great after that but it's still good.
I just got Prime so that is definitely an option now.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I watched about 1/2 of the next season and bailed. Ragnar WAS Vikings, IMHO. Show got lame after that....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:07 pm
I watched about 1/2 of the next season and bailed. Ragnar WAS Vikings, IMHO. Show got lame after that....
The blood eagle was fvcking gruesomely awesome!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:42 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:07 pm

Epic. As was Ragnar’s death. After that? Meh...his psycho cripple son didnt’ do much for me.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Did Seattle ask if this forum is "secure"
Like what, are you typing out your bank account and routing numbers...

What does that question even mean?

This is a bulletin board
freely searchable single password public space on the internet
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:42 pm
Epic. As was Ragnar’s death. After that? Meh...his psycho cripple son didnt’ do much for me.
Lagertha was hot, Bjorn was cool and Floki amused me so I kept watching. They're all gone now but I have less than 10 episodes left so I'm going to finish it up.

WB, watch thru the blood eagle and then decide if you want to continue.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:09 pm Did Seattle ask if this forum is "secure"

This is a bulletin board
:thumb:
Hello, Cleets!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:09 pm Did Seattle ask if this forum is "secure"

This is a bulletin board
Holy SHIT. Chizzy’ s back!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

This is a bulletin board
Welcome back. Was hoping the thread opening would lay out the context, but apparently not. The bad title didn't help, but your ploy of ignorance is charming.

The direct question is this: Do we have people on this board, to include moderators, that will dox others for differing opinions?

It was really more of a reminder to watch what you post and to point out how many have left due to those fears.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:29 am Image
Ha!

More seriously, this is a reason why we lost people from this board.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:20 pm

This is a bulletin board
Welcome back. Was hoping the thread opening would lay out the context, but apparently not. The bad title didn't help, but your ploy of ignorance is charming.

The direct question is this: Do we have people on this board, to include moderators, that will dox others for differing opinions?

It was really more of a reminder to watch what you post and to point out how many have left due to those fears.
Maybe. I try to make sure nobody gets away with doxing somebody on the sites that doesn't want to be. That is a general nogo but I ain't got shit to stop anyone from taking your comments and passing them along to someone else like a boss or anything like that.

A large portion of the site or the regulars are friends in real life anyway so not a big problem with doxing here since we all did it to ourselves a decade ago or longer. :thumb:

If somebody doesn't feel safe because they are a fucking idiot with dipshit views and is afraid to stand behind it then I would make god damn sure that person probably ought to know to STFU, don't hit submit, or just go ahead and hit the road. The site does not handle anyone's credit card or even personal information. if it gets attacked, it gets shut off, moved, and a backup form previously starts up again. Your email address is obviously at risk of being out there in an attack I would guess.

Or it stays off for a while for the server company to figure shit out. I don't know. I guess we'll find out someday.

Ibanez, call or text me if you got something you want to pass along or have me look into.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Maybe. I try to make sure nobody gets away with doxing somebody on the sites that doesn't want to be. That is a general nogo but I ain't got shit to stop anyone from taking your comments and passing them along to someone else like a boss or anything like that.

A large portion of the site or the regulars are friends in real life anyway so not a big problem with doxing here since we all did it to ourselves a decade ago or longer. :thumb:

If somebody doesn't feel safe because they are a fucking idiot with dipshit views and is afraid to stand behind it then I would make god damn sure that person probably ought to know to STFU, don't hit submit, or just go ahead and hit the road. The site does not handle anyone's credit card or even personal information. if it gets attacked, it gets shut off, moved, and a backup form previously starts up again. Your email address is obviously at risk of being out there in an attack I would guess.

Or it stays off for a while for the server company to figure shit out. I don't know. I guess we'll find out someday.

Ibanez, call or text me if you got something you want to pass along or have me look into.
Understood and thank you for the reply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:20 pm Welcome back. Was hoping the thread opening would lay out the context, but apparently not. The bad title didn't help, but your ploy of ignorance is charming.

Yo. Thanks for the text. I’ll send you my scan when I get back. Until then…don’t push the red button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Yo. Thanks for the text. I’ll send you my scan when I get back. Until then…don’t push the red button.

But the red button makes the pigeons coo.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Oopsey.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think if someone really wants to figure out who I am they can. But I can't see anybody really caring THAT much. I do say stuff on this forum I wouldn't say on Facebook using my real legal name. I feel like this is a forum populated by intelligent people where you can speak honestly and I don't want a situation where someone searches my real legal name and something like a post I made here where I talk about how differences in test scores between racial groups can't be accounted for by environmental factors shows up. You know that sort of thing goes over. But I'm not worried about someone caring enough about what I post to try to figure out who I am.

On the legal name: "St. Onge" is my blood name. My father was adopted after being born a St. Onge. So I use that name on my message board instead of the adopted family name my father passed on to me.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:52 pm
If somebody doesn't feel safe because they are a fucking idiot with dipshit views and is afraid to stand behind it then I would make god damn sure that person probably ought to know to STFU, don't hit submit, or just go ahead and hit the road.
Unfortunately we live in a culture where people cannot always be publicly honest about what they think. That's one reason I never agreed with things like policies by newspapers saying someone always had to have their name on a letter to the editor. We live in a culture where, for example, Jimmy the Greek lost his television career because he offered a completely honest and not unreasonable opinion on why the NFL is disproportionately Black. There was no hate at all in what he said. But he got canned.

I think that, for better or for worse, anonymity is a necessary condition if we want honest discourse.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:25 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 pm

Lagertha was hot, Bjorn was cool and Floki amused me so I kept watching. They're all gone now but I have less than 10 episodes left so I'm going to finish it up.

WB, watch thru the blood eagle and then decide if you want to continue.
I finished it up but I wish I'd stopped at Bjorn's death. TIFWIW (I still liked the show after Ragnar's death) but the show fell off a cliff after Bjorn's death.