Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Chortle, Chortle

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:28 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:01 am

:lol: It's OK, we do own property in Delmarva and 93 and Ivy aren't here anymore to say I'm not a real Delmarvan.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In kalmy's geography the canal makes DEMARVA an island!
I hate you Andy!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:28 am In kalmy's geography the canal makes DEMARVA an island!
I would accept that as true. What makes an island an island? You can only access Delmarva via bridge over water or a boat.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:53 pm Way to bury the lead, Andy... :ohno:

Psaki, yes or no?
*lede
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:13 am
andy7171 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 am

How so? I jumped into the wacko conspiracy group before the election for entertainment. I said so here. The people are going apeshit about this supporting their "thoughts".
I totally understand a check from the IRS not being signed by the actual president. I mean, I get direct deposit and haven't seen a check from the IRS in close to 10 years.
JFC, Andy! I tried to hijack your thread (Andy7171 style) with a discussion on the hotness of Psaki.

Wait...red hair...I think I get it. Oops!

Sorry. :oops:
Hey now! I get jokes. Eventually.
Psaki, HHHmmmmmmm.
She's a definite yes. I've said yes to much much worse. Sure her face is a bit manish, but have an honest long look at Gisele, Heidi or any super model over 6' tall.
Am I wrong?

I'm fairly certain I have admitted to approving of Hillary in the early 90's. :oops: :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:33 am
dbackjon wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:01 am Biden doesn't need to stroke his own ego. He doesn't want to delay help to satisfy his own vanity.
I'm not sure Joe even remembers where his vanity is, let alone his nightstand, or bedroom, etc.
Biden comes across as way more in command of his faculties. I continue to shake my head at people questioning Biden's mental acuity when the alternative was Trump; who was literally assessed as having the vocabulary of an 8 year old and was just a TOTAL embarrassment practically every time he tried to put a sentence together.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:16 pm

I'm not sure Joe even remembers where his vanity is, let alone his nightstand, or bedroom, etc.
Biden comes across as way more in command of his faculties. I continue to shake my head at people questioning Biden's mental acuity when the alternative was Trump; who was literally assessed as having the vocabulary of an 8 year old and was just a TOTAL embarrassment practically every time he tried to put a sentence together.
:rofl:
This has to be an act.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Whoa. Your Trump comment aside - Biden is a forgetful grandpa. I'm glad Trump isn't POTUS, but let's not pretend that Biden isn't an old man who stutters, spaces out and acts like a old man. Let's be honest here.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am

Whoa. Your Trump comment aside - Biden is a forgetful grandpa. I'm glad Trump isn't POTUS, but let's not pretend that Biden isn't an old man who stutters, spaces out and acts like a old man. Let's be honest here.
Trump is an idiot.

Biden is what you said at times. (He’s deteriorated less than I thought he would a year ago)

Both statements can be true.

Reagan was both and a really bad dude throughout his life. Yet he’s a hero to some.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am

Trump is an idiot.

Biden is what you said at times. (He’s deteriorated less than I thought he would a year ago)

Reagan was both and a really bad dude throughout his life. Yet he’s a hero to some.
It's what we get. We put up 2 old ass men in varying stages of mental and physical decline. We shouldn't be surprised.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Trump is an idiot.

There are definitely similarities between Biden and Reagan's mental acuity. IMO, Reagan had a stronger vision and personality so that his influence within his administration was greater then Biden's despite his mental lapses.

As far as Reagan being a "really bad dude throughout his live" and still being "a hero to some", the same could be said for Bill Clinton and JFK. Clinton's slide from grace had more to do with his usefulness to the cause then his bad behavior.
Last edited by UNI88 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:16 pm Biden comes across as way more in command of his faculties. I continue to shake my head at people questioning Biden's mental acuity when the alternative was Trump; who was literally assessed as having the vocabulary of an 8 year old and was just a TOTAL embarrassment practically every time he tried to put a sentence together.
TDS rearing its ugly head. Trump has 0.0 to do with Biden's acuity. I continue to shake my head at people who ignore Biden's cognitive loss.

I mean, c'mon, you know the thing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:30 am

Trump is an idiot.

There are definitely similarities between Biden and Reagan's mental acuity. IMO, Reagan had a stronger vision and personality so that his influence within his administration was greater then Biden's despite his mental lapses.

As far as Reagan being a "really bad dude throughout his live" and still being "a hero to some", the same could be said for Bill Clinton and JFK.
No disagreement here. Reagan was a masterful actor in his old age.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

really? You have a link to that assessment? :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious:

Joe has solved the "putting a sentence together" problem: He just stays in the basement...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Hey, I just call 'em as I see 'em. I voted for Joe (really was voting against Donald), but I did so fully aware of the fact that his better days, which let's be honest weren't all that great to begin with, are way beyond him. I didn't think he'd be able to finish out his first term and nothing I've seen or heard has changed my mind on that. Heck, at this point I think it would be an accomplishment to still be in office for his one year anniversary of taking the oath. He's even looking older than he his, which is saying something considering that he's not young.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 am

Hey, I just call 'em as I see 'em. I voted for Joe (really was voting against Donald), but I did so fully aware of the fact that his better days, which let's be honest weren't all that great to begin with, are way beyond him. I didn't think he'd be able to finish out his first term and nothing I've seen or heard has changed my mind on that. Heck, at this point I think it would be an accomplishment to still be in office for his one year anniversary of taking the oath. He's even looking older than he his, which is saying something considering that he's not young.
Why did you repeat this post? (Minus the Trump bashing?)
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:26 am

Trump is an idiot.

It's what we get. We put up 2 old ass men in varying stages of mental and physical decline. We shouldn't be surprised.
True dat, and we had to interfere in the Democrat primary to avoid putting up an old man who is sharper than both of them mentally and physically.

However its still an enormous false equivalency - Trump is so much worse than even a hack like Biden that its like comparing the droppings of Ratatosk to the Hope Diamond. :coffee:

One thing in Biden's favor is that he's been around forever and understands that there is a bigger picture than shaking down charities that are
supposedly for the benefit of sick children and wounded veterans and billing the taxpayers for his endless rounds of golf
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky