UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Reason vs. Passion Based Emotions

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:50 am

Exhibit A of our decline is obviously highways and bridges, and it speaks volumes that we went to the moon 50 years ago just to prove we could and then never went back. As a nation we just aren't capable of playing a long game; thats the main reason we're in the process of being replaced at the top of the heap by China.
Was all that money spent on going to the moon really worth it just for Tang?
I know that was tongue in cheek but the Moon mission had a lot of benefits (and NASA even more):
  • Digital Flight Controls
  • Food Safety
  • Space Blankets
  • Quake-Proofing
  • Rechargeable Hearing Aids
HoundiError, your kissing China's feet is noted.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

If I am reading this thread correctly, '88 and in lesser parts AZ are for reason and kalm is for the feels.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:09 am If I am reading this thread correctly, '88 and in lesser parts AZ are for reason and kalm is for the feels.
Lesser parts? I’m all about reason.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:21 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:09 am If I am reading this thread correctly, '88 and in lesser parts AZ are for reason and kalm is for the feels.
:thumb:

My skimming of the posts more than likely missed some of the nuances of your posts.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:51 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 am

Was all that money spent on going to the moon really worth it just for Tang?
I know that was tongue in cheek but the Moon mission had a lot of benefits (and NASA even more):
  • Food Safety
  • Space Blankets
  • Quake-Proofing
Yes, it was tongue in cheek, to a guy who lauds a country who’s greatest achievement has been stealing and copying AMERICA’s great achievements.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:33 pm
  • Food Safety
  • Space Blankets
  • Quake-Proofing
Yes, it was tongue in cheek, to a guy who lauds a country who’s greatest achievement has been stealing and copying AMERICA’s great achievements.
I think the Great Wall is China's greatest achievement. Stealing and copying is second. :D
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm

I think the Great Wall is China's greatest achievement. Stealing and copying is second. :D
I’ll allow it. :coffee: :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 pm

My skimming of the posts more than likely missed some of the nuances of your posts.
Whatever...pigeon murderer!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Well, you KNOW klammy missed them... :lol: :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:12 pm

Whatever...pigeon murderer!
I divide animals into two categories: Food and bait. Pigeons fall into both. :kisswink:

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:16 pm

His skimming is almost as bad as mine. :D

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:37 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:16 pm

His skimming is almost as bad as mine. :D
It’s true what they say....reading IS fundamental. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

• Food Safety
  • Space Blankets
  • Quake-Proofing
:rofl:

talk about the feels... :roll:

I didn't laud anybody; being fact based, unlike yourself, I pointed out the fact that one empire is in decline and another empire is rising to replace it. Same old story...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:51 am

I didn't laud anybody; being fact based, unlike yourself, I pointed out the fact that one empire is in decline and another empire is rising to replace it. Same old story...
You're correct. Under the current administration and house/senate leadership we are most definitely in decline. :nod: :nod: :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:51 am

You're correct. Under the current administration and house/senate leadership we are most definitely in decline. :nod: :nod: :nod:
Thank you for reinforcing my statement about short-term thinking in America with an example. :notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:00 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am

Thank you for reinforcing my statement about short-term thinking in America with an example. :notworthy:
Not short term. That's just when the decline started. We were on an upward trajectory the four years prior to that. :nod: :nod: :thumb: :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:04 am

Not short term. That's just when the decline started. We were on an upward trajectory the four years prior to that. :nod: :nod: :thumb: :coffee:
You are young, grasshopper; the decline started in about 1973.... :(
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

HoundiError doesn't know if his so-called decline is real or if the situation is like it was in the 80's when people thought Japan was going to surpass us.

Trump did some good things and bad things and bringing to China's tactics and intentions to the forefront was a huge positive. I was worried that Biden was going back to the old head in the sand, appeasement strategy with the Blinken appointment but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Hopefully, that continues.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Four years is short term, at least it is if you're the Chinese government, thank you for the additional example :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:23 pm

Four years is short term, at least it is if you're the Chinese government, thank you for the additional example :thumb:
It's not any sort of example. It's just fact. The 8 years prior to that we were in decline. The 8 years prior to that we were on an upward trajectory. The 8 years prior to that we were in decline. The 12 years prior to that we were in an upward trajectory. :coffee: :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:08 am

You are young, grasshopper; the decline started in about 1973.... :(
Yes. I should have said "restarted". See my post above. :coffee: :coffee: :kisswink:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:04 am Not short term. That's just when the decline started. We were on an upward trajectory the four years prior to that. :nod: :nod: :thumb: :coffee:
HoundiError doesn't know if his so-called decline is real or if the situation is like it was in the 80's when people thought Japan was going to surpass us.

Trump did some good things and bad things and bringing to China's tactics and intentions to the forefront was a huge positive. I was worried that Biden was going back to the old head in the sand, appeasement strategy with the Blinken appointment but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Hopefully, that continues.
The Biden Admin is also entrenching the Trump tariffs

which means we’ll stop hearing how bad tariffs are for a while on here, as well as at MSNBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm
UNI88 wrote:

The Biden Admin is also entrenching the Trump tariffs

which means we’ll stop hearing how bad tariffs are for a while on here, as well as at MSNBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol: Exactly.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »