Vandy/UVA Study Declares AOC One of the Least Effective Members of Congress

Political discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Vandy/UVA Study Declares AOC One of the Least Effective Members of Congress

Post by SuperHornet »

I'm not surprised. It seems like all she does is run her uninformed mouth rather than doing her job. Her bills go nowhere in committee, and she has NO bills with floor votes. If you look at the FB comments, you'll note Kevin McCarthy's classic response. An unnamed Democratic "insider" nailed it on the head: "[L]egislation was never her focus. It was media and narrative." In other words, she's all talk, no substance....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-on ... TCwRXCG8Mw

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Vandy/UVA Study Declares AOC One of the Least Effective Members of Congress

Post by clenz »

How do you feel about Steve Kings years of service in Congress?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:27 am I'm not surprised. It seems like all she does is run her uninformed mouth rather than doing her job. Her bills go nowhere in committee, and she has NO bills with floor votes. If you look at the FB comments, you'll note Kevin McCarthy's classic response. An unnamed Democratic "insider" nailed it on the head: "[L]egislation was never her focus. It was media and narrative." In other words, she's all talk, no substance....

What do you think she’s uninformed about?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:29 am How do you feel about Steve Kings years of service in Congress?
Given that he represented Iowa and didn't really make national news, I knew nothing about him until just now when I looked up an article about how he lost his re-election bid last year. While the article made reference to alleged vocal misdeeds in the areas of racism and abortion, it didn't really delve that much into specifics. The article had a rather liberal slant, but not so far as one would expect if it were from a left-wing spew mag (it was from NPR, which while somewhat liberal, isn't anywhere near what Breitbart is on the right-wing side). But from what the article DID say, it seems to me that while he was right to be against abortion (it's murder, pure and simple), his comments regarding the assumed "likelihood" that a woman could get pregnant from rape were disgusting, and his questions about the offensiveness of the term "white supremacist" makes one wonder how he was elected in the first place. According to the article, a major reason he'd been passed over in the primary was that the IA GOP had backed away from him. And, actually, these offensive things really didn't have much to do with his primary loss: the Democratic strategy was to focus rather on his failure to pass any meaningful farming legislation (always a big thing in IA), particularly after he'd been removed from the Agricultural Committee. He was a sitting duck, and it was his own fault. Even the maligned Mitch McConnell, who rarely speaks of anything involving the House, smacked King. That said, I know nothing of the guy who beat King in the primary, one Randy Feenstra, other than that one reason he won the primary was that he did a better job of fundraising; King's fundraising was hampered by his mouth, it seems. Feenstra beat Democrat J.D. Scholten by a 2-1 margin largely because the district remains conservative, but King lost because he couldn't control his mouth, and rightly so.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:29 am How do you feel about Steve Kings years of service in Congress?
Do you suppose all those Dutchmen in Sioux County know they were voting for a Catholic when they voted for Steve King? Now we have a Hollander representing us. :ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

'The reason I asked is you pointed out "run her uninformed mouth rather than doing her job. Her bills go nowhere in committee, and she has NO bills with floor votes."

King did nothing but run his mouth of sexist, racist, and homophic statements for all 20 years he was in congress and before then.
He never did his job. He was horrific at his job and only there because he represented a portion of Iowa that is incredibly racist and homophobic

In all of his years in congress - 2 decades - he had ONE bill signed into law. ONE. And it was to rename a post office IN 2003

King spent his entire time in Congress (state and federal) introducing a slew of new bills that never became laws. Even when his proposals focus on key conservative policy points - like bills to repeal the income tax, sunset bureaucratic regulations or empower employers in union negotiations - they seldom attract more than a few co-sponsors or even ever advance from committee. This is because he was so uninformed, so focused on racist, homophobic, and sexist narratives, etc. that he couldn't even get Republicans to join him. After more than two decades as a state and federal legislator, King never developed the skills necessary to be an effective champion for his district.

Jacy Gomez, a Republican from Iowa and a former staffer for Sen. Chuck Grassley, published a commentary for CNN that called King a "blemish on an otherwise admirable state". Nick Ryan, a prominent Iowa Republican strategist, called him a 'racist pig.”

So it turns out he was never about doing anything. He was all about narrative and talking points. In other words he was all talk and no substance.

Yet you did nothing to comment on his inaction during his 2 decades in federal office.

Hypocrisy is fucking hypocritical, Casey.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 am
Do you suppose all those Dutchmen in Sioux County know they were voting for a Catholic when they voted for Steve King? Now we have a Hollander representing us. :ohno:
King is as much a catholic as I am.
King is as catholic as Trump is Christian.
IOW, he fucking isn't at all. However, claiming being a "Christian" in District 4 of Iowa is priority number 1. Heaven forbid that portion of the state be willing to accept a non Christian white male.

King is a fucking piece of shit that only believes in scamming and lying to gain power.
King is Trump but at the congressional level without the money.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:31 am What do you think she’s uninformed about?
Life. Logic. Freedom. The Constitution. Common sense.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

clenz: If his record was as you posit, he should have been voted out years ago. King may "claim" to be a Christian, but racism is incompatible with Christianity. We object to left-wingers trying to redefine our faith for us, but that said, if one claims Christ, s/he has NO business messing around with racism. Christ crossed racial lines, and so should we.

In our district, we have a Democrat in office where many of us would rather have a Republican. That's largely because our district has been gerrymandered to extend into the Bay Area far enough so that GOPers here in the Central Valley get out-voted. But the fact of the matter is that Dr. McNerney HAS done more than run his mouth. He's gotten legislation passed, much of it supporting the farmers of the Valley (a big issue here in Central Cali, even as it is in IA). More importantly, though it's taken WAY too long because of ECB, he's gotten us a new VA medical facility that's in the building process now, so that our vets back up in the hills near Sonora don't have to go all the way out to Palo Alto for stuff that the local clinic can't do because it's not big enough. He's been a great boon to the county, and he doesn't just "run his mouth." He does his job. We may not agree with him on everything (particularly the murder of unborn babies, but he IS doing the best that he can do with what he's been given, and I respect him for it.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:06 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 am
IOW, he fucking isn't at all. However, claiming being a "Christian" in District 4 of Iowa is priority number 1. Heaven forbid that portion of the state be willing to accept a non Christian white male.

King is a fucking piece of shit that only believes in scamming and lying to gain power.
King and AOChe are very comparable,
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:27 am I'm not surprised. It seems like all she does is run her uninformed mouth rather than doing her job. Her bills go nowhere in committee, and she has NO bills with floor votes. If you look at the FB comments, you'll note Kevin McCarthy's classic response. An unnamed Democratic "insider" nailed it on the head: "[L]egislation was never her focus. It was media and narrative." In other words, she's all talk, no substance....

Already posted ...

https://championshipsubdivision.com/for ... 8#p1356588
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 am
clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:06 am

:lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

In a trove of "irrelevancies," 88? You really expect a guy to search through there when he sees something online just to make sure it's not in there?

Stupid....

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am In a trove of "irrelevancies," 88? You really expect a guy to search through there when he sees something online just to make sure it's not in there?

Stupid....
Life is like a box of chocolates.

I'm of the opinion that we don't need a new thread for every topic. Any thread that doesn't go past a single page is probably a good example of a something that could have gone into the "Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread" thread.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:00 am
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am In a trove of "irrelevancies," 88? You really expect a guy to search through there when he sees something online just to make sure it's not in there?

Stupid....

I'm of the opinion that we don't need a new thread for every topic. Any thread that doesn't go past a single page is probably a good example of a something that could have gone into the "Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread" thread.
You're trying to define a thread beforehand, 88. That smacks of Communism to me.

:rofl:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:54 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 am
:lol:
  • Appeal to the extremes of their party - check
  • Ineffective legislators - check
  • More interested in soundbites & riling up their base - check
  • Alienate colleagues - check
Whole lot of similarities. In many ways, they're two sides of the same coin.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:04 am 'The reason I asked is you pointed out "run her uninformed mouth rather than doing her job. Her bills go nowhere in committee, and she has NO bills with floor votes."

King did nothing but run his mouth of sexist, racist, and homophic statements for all 20 years he was in congress and before then.
He never did his job. He was horrific at his job and only there because he represented a portion of Iowa that is incredibly racist and homophobic

In all of his years in congress - 2 decades - he had ONE bill signed into law. ONE. And it was to rename a post office IN 2003

King spent his entire time in Congress (state and federal) introducing a slew of new bills that never became laws. Even when his proposals focus on key conservative policy points - like bills to repeal the income tax, sunset bureaucratic regulations or empower employers in union negotiations - they seldom attract more than a few co-sponsors or even ever advance from committee. This is because he was so uninformed, so focused on racist, homophobic, and sexist narratives, etc. that he couldn't even get Republicans to join him. After more than two decades as a state and federal legislator, King never developed the skills necessary to be an effective champion for his district.

Jacy Gomez, a Republican from Iowa and a former staffer for Sen. Chuck Grassley, published a commentary for CNN that called King a "blemish on an otherwise admirable state". Nick Ryan, a prominent Iowa Republican strategist, called him a 'racist pig.”

So it turns out he was never about doing anything. He was all about narrative and talking points. In other words he was all talk and no substance.

Yet you did nothing to comment on his inaction during his 2 decades in federal office.

Hypocrisy is fucking hypocritical, Casey.
Somebody touched a nerve....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:10 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:31 am What do you think she’s uninformed about?
Life. Logic. Freedom. The Constitution. Common sense.
Economics. Math. Finance. Anything with numbers.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Stupid....

That eliminates nearly 100% of horney's posts
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:11 am

You're trying to define a thread beforehand, 88. That smacks of Communism to me.

Tell me you don't know what the fuck communism is without telling me you don't know what the fuck communism is.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:11 am

Tell me you don't know what the fuck communism is without telling me you don't know what the fuck communism is.
Skjellyfetti wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:38 pm reminds me of every thread with UNI88 :kisswink:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:47 pm

If a post doesn't get any responses, is it a post?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Stupid....
Shots fired!!!

Don’t take his crap, SH!
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:19 am clenz: If his record was as you posit, he should have been voted out years ago. King may "claim" to be a Christian, but racism is incompatible with Christianity. We object to left-wingers trying to redefine our faith for us, but that said, if one claims Christ, s/he has NO business messing around with racism. Christ crossed racial lines, and so should we.
King retained his seat because no one dared touch him not he Republican side until he nearly got beat in 2016. No one gave a fuck King didn't do anything because he gave the republicans a vote in congress. He gave the far right wing, racist, sexist, homophobic public of NW Iowa what they wanted - someone who hates non-whites who speak a language other than English and would pretend to be a Christian and make sure super religious values had a vote - even though he didn't live by them.

Look at the district he represents. I grew up there. Lyon and Sioux county (along with the rest of NW Iowa but those two specifically) are more super right wing red than LA is super dark left wing blue. Those counties carried King/Trump/Bush/McCain, etc. at 90+% in every election. They carry republicans in any election at 90+%.

No one gave a fuck he is racist. No one gave a fuck he is sexist. No one gave a fuck he is homophobic. No one gave a fuck he is super hypocritical and doesn't actually live the life he claims (see Trump but without the power/money to gain a higher office/nationwide following).

They kept voting for him because there was no challenger and society at large in his district didn't take issue with the garbage he said. That changed when Trump got into office/ran for president the first time. Trump brought out the deepest sides of both bases and nearly cost King the election in 2016.

What changed was the democrats in that district woke up in larger numbers and in nearly taking King out they made him being a pathetic piece of shit human being public to the whole nation. Republicans got scared as fuck they were going to lose that seat so they all turned on him. His backing was pulled. Long time donors/staffers turned on him. The found someone (from Sioux County) that is EXACTLY like King, if not even further to the right, but is far less outwardly racist, homophobic, and racist. This appeased enough of the middle in NW Iowa to bring the back to him and allowed the republicans to paint him as a change in the party within the state

Looking at Feenstra's voting record so far he is doing exactly what they wanted King to do if he could have kept his mouth shut.

The most recent thing he voted against was Farm Workforce Modernization Act of 2021. This bill allows for work visas for immigrants based on hours worked over a 2year rolling period. He voted against it because "brown people bad, make them do it right" and yet NW Iowa is literally being built on the back of illegal immigrants damn near all the work at hog, cow, and chicken farms. That is part of what got King in some shit too - he has direct family ties/ownership in farms busted for doing exactly that. Feenstra votes to "protect American's from bad people taking our jobs" but what his district is missing out on is he is voting to make it harder for them to safely employ immigrants.

He's voted for every tax cut, against every gun background bill, against every abortion bill, and also against expanding access to birth control for women (which would decrease the need for abortion), voted against increasing punishment for hate crimes, voting against funding for Iowa Health and Human Services multiple times (which ironically would tie right in to reduced need for abortions), voted against funding for Iowa schools multiple times, voted to keep conversion therapy, etc.

Just like King he has voted perfectly for the white Christian males of NW Iowa. Hell, he's only introduced 3 bills total in his time between the state/federal government

1. An anti-abortion bill in 2012
2. A bill to stop people from being able to go with Obamacare in 2010
3. A bill to prevent local municipalities from enacting a higher minimum wage if the community agrees to such an increase.

Much like King - or if you wish AOC - another worthless member of congress that doesn't actually do anything. He just is able to follow instructions to keep his mouth shut rather than spewing his sexism and racism
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:58 pm
clenz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:47 pm

If a post doesn't get any responses, is it a post?
Based on the number next to horney's name for post count....apparently it does.