Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Crypto v. Pandemic v. GameStop v. Capitalism

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:33 am What is the "shareholder class"? I know plenty of middle class who are happy about their 401K's. If Amazon and Walmart stock tanked as the writer opines, many more folks would be in dire straits today.
I would define it as those who live off their investments as opposed to those who are hoping to do so in the future.
Don’t we ALL inevitably live off of our investments? Whether that’s our forced investment in social security, or a 401k, or IRA or annuity of some sort? And almost ALL those investments depend on the positive performance of the market he so gleefully hopes collapses.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:16 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 pm

:nod:

Interesting how it’s blame government first and then the pandemic.
...governments don't spread pandemics, people do :mrgreen:
:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:16 pm ...governments don't spread pandemics, people do :mrgreen:
They just design them and forget to lock the bat cage........
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 am
kalm wrote:
They just design them and forget to lock the bat cage........
That hasn’t been ruled out.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 am They just design them and forget to lock the bat cage........
That hasn’t been ruled out.
Hopefully we get Batman and not Joker out of this. Image
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:30 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 pm

:suspicious: So if I'm retired I'm now a member of the shareholder class?
If thats what you're living on, I guess so. feel free to make up your own definition.
I didn't use the term. Why would I need to define it?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:52 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:19 pm

Airport, last week, it was pretty quiet. Walked straight through security for the first time in about 40 years, plane was maybe a third full. it was great :thumb:
Well, that’s because you live in a lockdown state. I just flew to Phoenix Sky Harbor from San Antonio and both planes and both airports were PACKED. It felt like the old days.
Charlotte to Nashville, dipshit. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:54 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm

I would define it as those who live off their investments as opposed to those who are hoping to do so in the future.
Don’t we ALL inevitably live off of our investments? Whether that’s our forced investment in social security, or a 401k, or IRA or annuity of some sort? And almost ALL those investments depend on the positive performance of the market he so gleefully hopes collapses.
hopefully - it also depends on Congress keeping their thieving hands off of our social security
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:01 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:54 pm
hopefully - it also depends on Congress keeping their thieving hands off of our social security
Most of the money in social security is currently allocated to privileged white people and needs to be reallocated to make up for past inequities and oppression. Same with police, fire, construction and similar union pensions. Sorry.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm