Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:02 am Deniers of CRT being taught fall into the same group as the Russian Collusion story and Trump winning the 2020 election.
I was about to ask if Jelly hijacked Kalm’s account on this thread.. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:19 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:02 am Deniers of CRT being taught fall into the same group as the Russian Collusion story and Trump winning the 2020 election.
I was about to ask if Jelly hijacked Kalm’s account on this thread.. :lol:

Nah…I clearly believe both to be true.

Post partisan….er I mean centrist.

:nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:47 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am

See Privilege Bingo above for one verifiable example.
Obviously Privilege Bingo isn't enough so here you go ...

Yes, critical race theory is being taught in public schools
Just this week, the Manhattan Institute’s Christopher Rufo reported that 30 public school districts in 15 states are teaching a book, Not My Idea, that tells readers that “whiteness” leads white people to make deals with the devil for “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.” White people get to “mess endlessly with the lives of your friends, neighbors, loved ones, and all fellow humans of color for the purpose of profit,” the book adds.

There are plenty of other examples that prove racial essentialism and collective guilt are being taught to young students. In Cupertino, California, an elementary school required third graders to rank themselves according to the “power and privilege” associated with their ethnicities. Schools in Buffalo, New York, taught students that “all white people” perpetuate “systemic racism” and had kindergarteners watch a video of dead black children, warning them about “racist police and state-sanctioned violence.” And in Arizona, the state’s education department sent out an “equity toolkit” to schools that claimed infants as young as 3 months old can start to show signs of racism and “remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness” by age 5.
So the Washington Examiner cites some dude’s tweet who’s an avowed champion against CRT.

I was honestly expecting for someone at some point to come up with a legit source showing CRT is the scourge it’s cracked up to be, forcing me to come clean and admit it’s truly a major threat. :lol:

Now I’m not so sure that will happen. :suspicious:

Do better… :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 pm

So the Washington Examiner cites some dude’s tweet who’s an avowed champion against CRT.

I was honestly expecting for someone at some point to come up with a legit source showing CRT is the scourge it’s cracked up to be, forcing me to come clean and admit it’s truly a major threat. :lol:

Privileged Bingo doesn't count?

Which ones are incorrect?

Are you saying that:
  • A Cupertino elementary school didn't require third graders to rank themselves according to the “power and privilege” associated with their ethnicities?
  • Schools in Buffalo, New York, didn't teach students that “all white people” perpetuate “systemic racism”?
  • The Arizona education department didn't send out an “equity toolkit” to schools that claimed infants as young as 3 months old can start to show signs of racism and “remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness” by age 5?
Claiming CRT isn't being taught (or hiding behind requests for mountains of evidence that it's being taught) is like claiming the 2020 election was stolen.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:37 pm Claiming CRT isn't being taught
kalm is not claiming that. He's claiming it is not being taught.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:37 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 pm

Are you saying that:
  • A Cupertino elementary school didn't require third graders to rank themselves according to the “power and privilege” associated with their ethnicities?
  • Schools in Buffalo, New York, didn't teach students that “all white people” perpetuate “systemic racism”?
  • The Arizona education department didn't send out an “equity toolkit” to schools that claimed infants as young as 3 months old can start to show signs of racism and “remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness” by age 5?
Claiming CRT isn't being taught (or hiding behind requests for mountains of evidence that it's being taught) is like claiming the 2020 election was stolen.

Well it would help if you’d post actual links rather than screen grab and/or image of a bunch of YouTube clips assembled by somebody.

Same with the mentions of Cupertino etc. how do I I find those stories. I mean I’m old and a feeb and such so I must be missing something.

There should be countless verifiable news stories from solid sources out there. Unless the msm is in on it too. The bastards!!

Seriously…do better.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:38 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:37 pm Claiming CRT isn't being taught
kalm is not claiming that. He's claiming it is not being taught.
It’s being taught. In fact it’s practically risen to quiet coup status by now.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:37 pm

Are you saying that:

Well it would help if you’d post actual links rather than screen grab and/or image of a bunch of YouTube clips assembled by somebody.

Same with the mentions of Cupertino etc. how do I I find those stories. I mean I’m old and a feeb and such so I must be missing something.

There should be countless verifiable news stories from solid sources out there. Unless the msm is in on it too. The bastards!!

Seriously…do better.
I believe it's being taught in some schools and that it's spreading. I don't need more proof. If you don't believe, you can do some research and prove me wrong (there's plenty of links and info in that post that you can verify or shoot down). Or you can just keep saying do better to which I will now respond - prove me wrong.

And no, I don't trust the MSM to report accurately on this. CNN and others have already demonstrated their partisan bias and willingness to carry the left's water.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:58 pm

Seriously…do better.
I believe it's being taught in some schools and that it's spreading. I don't need more proof. If you don't believe, you can do some research and prove me wrong (there's plenty of links and info in that post that you can verify or shoot down). Or you can just keep saying do better to which I will now respond - prove me wrong.

And no, I don't trust the MSM to report accurately on this. CNN and others have already demonstrated their partisan bias and willingness to carry the left's water.
I like to refer to the mainstream media as the stenographers for the Democratic Party.

The problem for them is that they have stepped so far off to the left side absurdity that even less than normal people are giving them the raised eyebrow. It is why Hispanics are breaking away and Team Black is going to stay home in 2022 and 2024.

Go woke, go broke. I am so proud of my fellow Americans right now. I always knew they were smart.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:58 pm

I like to refer to the mainstream media as the stenographers for the Democratic Party.

The problem for them is that they have stepped so far off to the left side absurdity that even less than normal people are giving them the raised eyebrow. It is why Hispanics are breaking away and Team Black is going to stay home in 2022 and 2024.

Go woke, go broke. I am so proud of my fellow Americans right now. I always knew they were smart.
Well….at least 51% of them. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:58 pm I am so proud of my fellow Americans right now. I always knew they were smart.
Have you gone for a drive or been to a grocery store lately? We can't be taking about the same Americans.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Seriously…do better.

You could be right and that would be following cultural trends. Some of it is bullshit (woke/cancel culture) but some of it is likely honest and uncomfortable for some. Remember…Buckley defined a conservative as someone who stands athwart history yelling “stop!” That can be both good and bad.

Neither of us trust the “liberal” msm. But it at least has infrastructure and resources to put more boots on the ground, fact check, and correct. Perhaps I should trust it a little less while conks should be equally skeptical of right wing propaganda and tweets also being a convincing source?
Last edited by kalm on Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:23 am

You could be right and that would be following cultural trends. Some of it is bullshit (woke/cancel culture) but some of it is likely honest and uncomfortable for some. Remember…Buckley defined a conservative as someone who stands athwart history yelling “stop!” That can be both good and bad.

Neither of us trust the “liberal” msm. But it at least has infrastructure and resources to put more boots on the ground, fact, and correct. Perhaps I should trust it a little less while conks should be equally skeptical of right wing propaganda and tweets also being a convincing source?
More resources = more boots on the ground = more propaganda. That’s all. And conservatives don’t want history to not be taught, we don’t want it to be REVISIONIST history, applying today’s “moral compass” to actions that were widely considered normal during their day. That, and making white guys out to be the bad guy in literally EVERY situation.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:25 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:23 am

Neither of us trust the “liberal” msm. But it at least has infrastructure and resources to put more boots on the ground, fact, and correct. Perhaps I should trust it a little less while conks should be equally skeptical of right wing propaganda and tweets also being a convincing source?
More resources = more boots on the ground = more propaganda. That’s all. And conservatives don’t want history to not be taught, we don’t want it to be REVISIONIST history, applying today’s “moral compass” to actions that were widely considered normal during their day. That, and making white guys out to be the bad guy in literally EVERY situation.
Kalm is acting like there are checks and balances inside MSN. :rofl:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am

See Privilege Bingo above for one verifiable example.

Just this week, the Manhattan Institute’s Christopher Rufo reported that 30 public school districts in 15 states are teaching a book, Not My Idea, that tells readers that “whiteness” leads white people to make deals with the devil for “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.” White people get to “mess endlessly with the lives of your friends, neighbors, loved ones, and all fellow humans of color for the purpose of profit,” the book adds.

There are plenty of other examples that prove racial essentialism and collective guilt are being taught to young students. In Cupertino, California, an elementary school required third graders to rank themselves according to the “power and privilege” associated with their ethnicities. Schools in Buffalo, New York, taught students that “all white people” perpetuate “systemic racism” and had kindergarteners watch a video of dead black children, warning them about “racist police and state-sanctioned violence.” And in Arizona, the state’s education department sent out an “equity toolkit” to schools that claimed infants as young as 3 months old can start to show signs of racism and “remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness” by age 5.
Say what you want about South Carolina...but that shit won't fly down here.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:26 am

THSTS BECAUSE YOU’RE A BUNCH OF RACISTS, PIG FUCKING, HILLBILLIES!!!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:53 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:25 am

There’s not. That’s why kalm is skeptical of all sources…not just the “liberal” ones. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:16 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:26 am

Pig fucking? That's North Carolina. :tothehand:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:44 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:16 pm
Yeah, they fvck their sisters in South Carolina. :oops: ;)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:17 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:53 am

There’s not. That’s why kalm is skeptical of all sources…not just the “liberal” ones. :coffee:
You should channel 88 more. :kisswink:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:44 pm

Where in the Appalachian's does the line switch over to cousins?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:31 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:17 pm

Gross! :tothehand:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:00 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:31 pm

Gross! :tothehand:
:ohno: :lol:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:36 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm

Va/WVa border :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:06 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:36 pm

Va/WVa border :coffee:
That explains Kentucky then. :nod: