Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:03 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:56 pm

So you're saying just b/c you vote for a person, that doesn't mean you buy in to everything that person is about? For instance, just b/c you voted for Trump doesn't make you a Trumper.

Or because I voted for Biden, it doesn't make me a leftist, bleeding heart librul?

Yes on the first, no on the 2nd. Bleeding heart liberal fuck. :tothehand: :tothehand:
OH. So it's good for you to disassociate yourself from the candidate but not others? Hypocrite. :ohno:
Spoiler: show
:lol: :kisswink: I'm sure you're just joking.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:32 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Yes on the first, no on the 2nd. Bleeding heart liberal fuck. :tothehand: :tothehand:
OH. So it's good for you to disassociate yourself from the candidate but not others? Hypocrite. :ohno:
Are you? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:32 am OH. So it's good for you to disassociate yourself from the candidate but not others? Hypocrite. :ohno:
Are you? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Yes. Otherwise you’re saying you’re a hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do. And I’m sure you aren’t saying that.

xoxoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Good spot for this Shapiro gives his 65 second overview of CRT.

Nance, who works for MSNBC, doesn't offer up much in the way of CRT.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BuT iTs NoT tAuGhT iN sChOoLs

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Remember when the national news broadcast a small minority that made a ridiculous ruckus at a Loudoun County school board meeting? I guess it got attention, but actual policy change failed as predicted by everyone who actually lives in this area:
The right’s error here is overlooking the fact that while the CRT animus and transgender bias sometimes play well, they don’t resonate much outside of Trump’s hard core. Well-off Loudoun is not going to be stirred up by gun rights or the old transgender bathroom stuff, which played out years ago.
The bathroom issue passed, CRT still isn't taught despite whatever the Trumpers yelled, and most County residents were in support of the Board's decisions.

https://newrepublic.com/article/163467/ ... oun-county
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BuT iTs NoT tAuGhT iN sChOoLs :lol: :dunce:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:58 am Remember when the national news broadcast a small minority that made a ridiculous ruckus at a Loudoun County school board meeting? I guess it got attention, but actual policy change failed as predicted by everyone who actually lives in this area:
The right’s error here is overlooking the fact that while the CRT animus and transgender bias sometimes play well, they don’t resonate much outside of Trump’s hard core. Well-off Loudoun is not going to be stirred up by gun rights or the old transgender bathroom stuff, which played out years ago.
The bathroom issue passed, CRT still isn't taught despite whatever the Trumpers yelled, and most County residents were in support of the Board's decisions.

And the ones who aren’t are now branded terrorists. Is this a great country or what?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:18 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:58 am Remember when the national news broadcast a small minority that made a ridiculous ruckus at a Loudoun County school board meeting? I guess it got attention, but actual policy change failed as predicted by everyone who actually lives in this area:

And the ones who aren’t are now branded terrorists. Is this a great country or what?
No…the terrorists are the one’s who threaten violence to school board members.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:56 pm

They used to be called criminals. But hey, anybody who goes against the “woke” grain these days is considered a terrorist by the left.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

No…the terrorists are the perverts who follow a US Senator into the bathroom with their video camera running.
FYP :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:42 pm

No…the terrorists are the perverts who follow a US Senator into the bathroom with their video camera running.
FYP :coffee:
I’m totally against that as well. Even politicians :mrgreen: have a right to privacy and that includes being secure in their own homes. What happens when that gets violated is things like zoom meetings instead of public in-person meetings and less political access in general.

But…direct threats of violence and public harassment are not the same. Regardless of politics.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:23 pm

They used to be called criminals. But hey, anybody who goes against the “woke” grain these days is considered a terrorist by the left.
...and those type of extremely rare threats (though we haven't heard of any credible threats in these cases) are supposed to be handled locally by local and state law enforcement, not the Fedbois.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Pretty sure THREAT wasn't defined in that DOJ memo. So anything really could be considered a threat.
-I'm taller
-I'm whiter
-I'm a man
-I disagree with on
-I say I'm working to get you unseated
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:47 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:23 pm

...and those type of extremely rare threats (though we haven't heard of any credible threats in these cases) are supposed to be handled locally by local and state law enforcement, not the Fedbois.
But you guys are still opposed to this, right?

ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
"the fight against terrorism"
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

What part of showing up to a school board meeting and voicing ones opinion is unlawful?
I mean other than that one case where a fight broke out.
Because that was unlawful.

And handled properly, immediately after the fact.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:01 am

ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
Seems like most of politics is terrorism then, if you want to use that definition. That's okay, just like with politics, we like our words to get more and more polarized and more and more extreme. It doesn't draw the eyes (and the clicks) if we don't move in that direction. It's like how "unlawful behavior" becomes "terrorism", it's like how sexism becomes "misogyny", it's like how having an open mind to new ideas becomes "brainwashing". No one uses the less severe words because no one will pay attention to that. Surveys are the same way, you pretty much disregard anyone who doesn't have a strong opinion on something and only cater to the folks who answered "strongly" in either direction.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

As a school board president it's pretty simple. You have a public forum and people can say what they want. But they also have to be respectful. If they are not interrupt them and give them warning. If it continues cut them off. If the crowd gets unruly clear the room. If they make threats have local law enforcement handle it. Talk to the level headed people and explain to them that the idiots aren't helping their cause and they need to police them. If it gets bad enough there is no requirement, at least in Iowa, for public forum. CItizens have the right to attend the meetings but not to speak.

But we're generally not a bunch of dumb asses in rural Iowa and don't adopt things like CRT so I haven't had to deal with this. :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:39 am

ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
Seems like most of politics is terrorism then, if you want to use that definition. That's okay, just like with politics, we like our words to get more and more polarized and more and more extreme. It doesn't draw the eyes (and the clicks) if we don't move in that direction. It's like how "unlawful behavior" becomes "terrorism", it's like how sexism becomes "misogyny", it's like how having an open mind to new ideas becomes "brainwashing". No one uses the less severe words because no one will pay attention to that. Surveys are the same way, you pretty much disregard anyone who doesn't have a strong opinion on something and only cater to the folks who answered "strongly" in either direction.
Most of our politics is violent?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:57 am

Certainly seems that way. Are you not paying attention to really any headlines? Post partisanship shouldn't equate to sticking your head in the sand. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:26 am

Certainly seems that way. Are you not paying attention to really any headlines? Post partisanship shouldn't equate to sticking your head in the sand. :coffee:
No. Kalmy's deal is to dance on the line and if pushed, say he's really on your side.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

If I say, "OH YEAH! WELL I'M GOING TO RUN AGAINST YOU!"
Could that not be considered a threat to your well being? It's a threat alright!
And because you are in office, and write a letter stating so (also a member of so and so party), the FBI comes to my house? And I have to explain and prove what I said?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:39 am

If I say, "OH YEAH! WELL I'M GOING TO RUN AGAINST YOU!"
Could that not be considered a threat to your well being? It's a threat alright!
And because you are in office, and write a letter stating so (also a member of so and so party), the FBI comes to my house? And I have to explain and prove what I said?
No. That’s not how it works. At all.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:35 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:26 am

No. Kalmy's deal is to dance on the line and if pushed, say he's really on your side.
Only when my mind is changed, Andy.

The world isn’t black and white. :roll:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
:lol:

The curriculum being taught in local schools is now classified as "political aims"?

Is there anything you people won't politicize? :?