UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:48 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:18 pm
I wrote the question, i pick the anwer. Take it up with the principal if you don't like it.

If I had to answer or die, I would say Republican but that doesn't change the fact that it is a flawed, biased and leading question whose objective is very likely to demonize a major political party not to test knowledge or logic.

How about this question ...
Which American political party has the longest history of promoting and defending the oppression of people of color?
A) Republican
B) Democratic
C) Libertarian
D) Green

The answer is B
Yes it is. And that no more hurts my feelings or creates guilt than knowing understanding the extent of damaged cause by racism over the centuries.

How about this:

Which political party is more inclined towards feel good woke culture war mongering and me too like movements for the sake of purely performative politics?

A). Republicans

B). Democrats
You don't have a concern with a teacher asking a "flawed, biased and leading question whose objective is very likely to demonize a major political party not to test knowledge or logic." That's not teaching, that's indoctrinating. A teacher should be educating students and helping them find their own voice not trying to force a voice on them.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:10 pm
kalm wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:48 pm

Yes it is. And that no more hurts my feelings or creates guilt than knowing understanding the extent of damaged cause by racism over the centuries.

How about this:

Which political party is more inclined towards feel good woke culture war mongering and me too like movements for the sake of purely performative politics?

A). Republicans

B). Democrats
You don't have a concern with a teacher asking a "flawed, biased and leading question whose objective is very likely to demonize a major political party not to test knowledge or logic." That's not teaching, that's indoctrinating. A teacher should be educating students and helping them find their own voice not trying to force a voice on them.
I’m mildly concerned but in light of this greater discussion regarding CRT it’s a meh. Especially without context or examples of it being a required part of a larger curriculum. You even admitted the correct answer which shows the type of critical thinking required to appreciate politics. In other words there’s a difference between Republicans are bad mkay versus the edgy concept of racially motivated police violence. And yes, the opposing views of how Republicans might be misunderstood should be presented as well.

Or do you think we should shelter HS honors students from reality because some of it isn’t politically balanced ?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:49 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:10 pm

I’m mildly concerned but in light of this greater discussion regarding CRT it’s a meh. Especially without context or examples of it being a required part of a larger curriculum. You even admitted the correct answer which shows the type of critical thinking required to appreciate politics. In other words there’s a difference between Republicans are bad mkay versus the edgy concept of racially motivated police violence. And yes, the opposing views of how Republicans might be misunderstood should be presented as well.

Or do you think we should shelter HS honors students from reality because some of it isn’t politically balanced ?
Just because I could answer what Theresa MOST likely was doesn't mean the question was appropriate. There are better, non-partisan ways and questions to develop and test for critical thinking. Trying to indoctrinate children is despicable and that's what we've come to the despicables vs the deplorables in a contest to see who can outdo the other. Sorry, I'm not playing.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:44 pm
Baldy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:24 pm
The difference is easy.
One is an aggregator of far left progressives posting their unedited videos online showing the world who they really are.
The other is one of those far left progressives who tweets propaganda of how he wants people like that to be perceived.

It's not really that hard for you to understand, is it?
The only reason Libs of TikTok is famous is it is basically like Walmart. One stop shop for all your crazy progressive rants in a convenient, unedited spot (one can go back and see the original content).

I will admit that I have not followed them much other than what friends have sent me, but the few I have followed up on were straight from the source.

And some are crazier than a spooked heifer that just had her calf. The safest place to be is on the other side of the fence in the tractor.
:nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:38 pm
kalm wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:49 pm

Just because I could answer what Theresa MOST likely was doesn't mean the question was appropriate. There are better, non-partisan ways and questions to develop and test for critical thinking. Trying to indoctrinate children is despicable and that's what we've come to the despicables vs the deplorables in a contest to see who can outdo the other. Sorry, I'm not playing.
Me neither. I’ll play when the entire story and the prevalence proves it rather than just a tweet. Or am I, on the surface, supposed to be more “woke” to protect right wing sensibilities?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:57 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:38 pm
Me neither. I’ll play when the entire story and the prevalence proves it rather than just a tweet. Or am I, on the surface, supposed to be more “woke” to protect right wing sensibilities?
So you need the entire story for CRT but don't need it to decide that Trump is a fascist?

That's an inconsistency unbecoming a post-partisan ... :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:23 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:57 am

So you need the entire story for CRT but don't need it to decide that Trump is a fascist?

We have more than enough paint to complete Trump’s canvas. A true post-partisan doesn't rely on unrelated stories to determine right and wrong or the facts. :coffee: :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:19 am

We have more than enough paint to complete Trump’s canvas. A true post-partisan doesn't rely on unrelated stories to determine right and wrong or the facts. :coffee: :coffee:
Here’s a newsflash: the CRT stories aren’t unrelated. Much like the instant protests against the leaked SC draft, it’s aaaaaalllll planned.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Are the CRT stories unrelated? Or are they symptomatic of a real problem? Is your perspective based on reality or ideology? Is mine? True liberals have an open mind and are willing to consider the possibility that they're wrong or that their biases have impacted their perspective. Unfortunately, there are very few true liberals on either side.

You keep stating that "we have more than enough paint to complete Trump’s canvas" or similar but when asked to provide it you want to start with your particular definition of fascist. Let's skip the definitions and go straight to the paint/proof that Trump is a fascist. This is your opportunity to convince me that Trump is a fascist, what have you got?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Usually when I am standing under the awing on a porch and see it raining, along with the ground having puddles, I would understand that it is raining, even though I am not getting wet.

Why some people deny videos of teachers, school board members, and principles stating, along with showing what is being taught in those particular schools is perplexing. I guess the videos could be faked, but there is enough videos that have been published, with a large degree of separation that makes this highly unlikely unless this was a coordinated campaign from a foreign power.

Talked to a school board member that I know, who was elected in the school district next to mine, and CRT (or its derivations) is present in some of the Middle and High schools in his district and it is in some of the MN Twin Cities districts (how much they were not sure).
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:51 am Usually when I am standing under the awing on a porch and see it raining, along with the ground having puddles, I would understand that it is raining, even though I am not getting wet.

Why some people deny videos of teachers, school board members, and principles stating, along with showing what is being taught in those particular schools is perplexing. I guess the videos could be faked, but there is enough videos that have been published, with a large degree of separation that makes this highly unlikely unless this was a coordinated campaign from a foreign power.

Talked to a school board member that I know, who was elected in the school district next to mine, and CRT (or its derivations) is present in some of the Middle and High schools in his district and it is in some of the MN Twin Cities districts (how much they were not sure).
What is the difference cetween CRT and the way shit actually happened? As near as I can decipher they're the same thing but you people talk about them like they aren't. What's up with that?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:23 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:51 am Usually when I am standing under the awing on a porch and see it raining, along with the ground having puddles, I would understand that it is raining, even though I am not getting wet.

What is the difference cetween CRT and the way shit actually happened? As near as I can decipher they're the same thing but you people talk about them like they aren't. What's up with that?
They’re not the same, klam. And stop trying to pretend they are.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:38 am

Are the CRT stories unrelated? Or are they symptomatic of a real problem? Is your perspective based on reality or ideology? Is mine? True liberals have an open mind and are willing to consider the possibility that they're wrong or that their biases have impacted their perspective. Unfortunately, there are very few true liberals on either side.

You keep stating that "we have more than enough paint to complete Trump’s canvas" or similar but when asked to provide it you want to start with your particular definition of fascist. Let's skip the definitions and go straight to the paint/proof that Trump is a fascist. This is your opportunity to convince me that Trump is a fascist, what have you got?
Demonization and tried to halt immigration of Muslims.
Demonization and tried to halt immigration of Central Americans.
Attempt to steal an election.
Increased economic stratification through tax cuts.
Increased monopolistic practices and destruction of tge commons through deregulation.
Asked Esper if protestors could be shot in the leg.

That’s a start. We can do a deep dive if you’d like. And yes, other politicians including Democrats can be accused of the some of this as well. And yes, some of it can be considered just rhetoric. The one point we’ll agree upon is our system was strong enough. I don’t like how close we got to really finding out.

But since you’re an ardent defender of Trump’s non-fascism how about we meet in the middle and consider him “pre-fascist”?

:mrgreen:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pm

Increased monopolistic practices and destruction of tge commons through deregulation.

That’s a start. We can do a deep dive if you’d like. And yes, other politicians including Democrats can be accused of the some of this as well. And yes, some of it can be considered just rhetoric. The one point we’ll agree upon is our system was strong enough. I don’t like how close we got to really finding out.

But since you’re an ardent defender of Trump’s non-fascism how about we meet in the middle and consider him “pre-fascist”?

I wonder how many people Trump knows have committed suicide?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Trump (Kettle) meet pot (Obama).
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:36 pm

I wonder how many people Trump knows have committed suicide?
Has anybody heard from those Russian hookers Trump hired?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pm Demonization and tried to halt immigration of Muslims.
Of the 7 countries banned, 5 were majority muslim, out of over 40 majority muslim countries. If he had tried to halt immigration of mislims, would have been from A Lot more than just 5 countries.
kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pmDemonization and tried to halt immigration of Central Americans.
Wrong. Tried to halt illegal immigration of Central Americans.
kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pmIncreased economic stratification through tax cuts.
Wrong. Increased economic growth through tax cuts.
kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pmIncreased monopolistic practices and destruction of tge commons through deregulation.
Wrong. Used deregulatiom to get rid of unnecessary, burdensome, economically stifling fed govt regultions.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:21 am
kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pm Demonization and tried to halt immigration of Muslims.
Of the 7 countries banned, 5 were majority muslim, out of over 40 majority muslim countries. If he had tried to halt immigration of mislims, would have been from A Lot more than just 5 countries.
kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pmDemonization and tried to halt immigration of Central Americans.
Wrong. Tried to halt illegal immigration of Central Americans.
kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pmIncreased economic stratification through tax cuts.
Wrong. Increased economic growth through tax cuts.
kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pmIncreased monopolistic practices and destruction of tge commons through deregulation.
Wrong. Used deregulatiom to get rid of unnecessary, burdensome, economically stifling fed govt regultions.
You should use this

:D
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:50 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:23 pm

You keep saying that but you can't seem to put the difference into words - maybe because there is no difference?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:11 pm
You keep saying that but you can't seem to put the difference into words - maybe because there is no difference?
If there was not difference then CRT wouldn't be a theory.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yes, I can, very simply. History is teaching what happened.

CRT is teaching current white kids that they get special treatment because they’re white and they should feel guilty about being white and they and their parents should allow the country to be destroyed from within so that minorities from 200 years ago can feel better.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:30 pm

If there was not difference then CRT wouldn't be a theory.
I think they just teach music instead of musical theory.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:27 pm

CRT is teaching current white kids that they get special treatment because they’re white and they should feel guilty about being white and they and their parents should allow the country to be destroyed from within so that minorities from 200 years ago can feel better.
I see what you mean, they're blaming race when mostly its about class. Straw Man. :coffee:

Good way to divide and conquer. :thumb:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:27 pm

Jews will not replace us?

AZGrizFan :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CrT iSnT tAuGhT iN sChOoLs