Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:19 pm Hey man, it is the truth. Are you really going to argue about what happened? Are you going to argue that there wasn't slavery? Are you going to argue that there wasn't genocide? It happened. The first thing people need to do with respect to discussing this thing is to stop being put off by the truth.
Only the very stubborn or moronic refuse to acknowledge that history and CRT are not the same thing. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:19 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:03 pm

Its easy as pie, money talks. Ask Dan Price. :coffee:
This post (among many of yours) just shows how out of touch you are. :lol:
Don't you have some elderly widows that need their blood sucked? What do you do with your time? :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:48 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:19 pm Hey man, it is the truth. Are you really going to argue about what happened? Are you going to argue that there wasn't slavery? Are you going to argue that there wasn't genocide? It happened. The first thing people need to do with respect to discussing this thing is to stop being put off by the truth.
Only the very stubborn or moronic refuse to acknowledge that history and CRT are not the same thing. :coffee:
Only the very stubborn or moronic are angered by history and different perspectives (especially the ones they don’t know about).

:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:48 am Only the very stubborn or moronic refuse to acknowledge that history and CRT are not the same thing. :coffee:
Only the very stubborn or moronic are angered by history and different perspectives (especially the ones they don’t know about).

Stubborn? Says the guy desperately clinging to a demonstrably false premise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:14 am
kalm wrote:

Deliver the goods. What is being taught? How bad is it?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:22 am

Didn’t you already get smacked down by Hen on this demand? :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:07 am
That's more definitive than anything I've seen "proving' Trump's a fascist. You completely blew past it earlier because it doesn't fit your narrative.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:28 am

Agreed. Is there anyone here that doesn't?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:43 am

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:07 am
That's more definitive than anything I've seen "proving' Trump's a fascist. You completely blew past it earlier because it doesn't fit your narrative.
Very well spoken and believable.

Still has an axe to grind. Founder of the Chalk Board Review.

https://thechalkboardreview.com/crt-toolkit

This is a political argument over how history is taught. I’m sure there are some examples of revisionist history being taught. Still very short on concrete examples of it deserving the crises attention it’s getting from the right.

But hey! Only 46% of Republicans think history of racism shouldn’t be taught so progress…I suppose!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 88%3famp=1
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:08 am This is a political argument over how history is taught.
No, it's not. You keep trying to make it that. But that's not the issue and I think (hope) you know that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:12 am
kalm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:08 am This is a political argument over how history is taught.
No, it's not. You keep trying to make it that. But that's not the issue and I think (hope) you know that.
I don't think Kalm's wrong, it is a political argument over how history is taught.

Some believe that racism should be included in teaching history. Others believe that that isn't enough and that students should be taught that racism is the essence of America.

Kalm is defending or deflecting for the second group.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:57 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:12 am

I don't think Kalm's wrong, it is a political argument over how history is taught.

Some believe that racism should be included in teaching history. Others believe that that isn't enough and that students should be taught that racism is the essence of America.

And you're defending or deflecting for kalm. I've yet to see a person say racism shouldn't be included in teaching history. So it's NOT arguing about how history is taught.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:14 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:57 am

And you're defending or deflecting for kalm. I've yet to see a person say racism shouldn't be included in teaching history. So it's NOT arguing about how history is taught.
Reread my post. I don't disagree with Kalm that it's a political argument. I do disagree with Kalm about what the argument is really about.

The first group believes that racism should be included in teaching history. You, I and almost everyone (I'm not sure about CG) believes that is true.

The second group believes that isn't enough, that students should be taught that racism is the essence of America.

Defenders and deflectors for the second group want to falsely portray people who disagree with them as opposed to teaching racism's role in American history.

The Maher piece that CID posted shows where the argument really is.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:33 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:14 am
Reread my post. I don't disagree with Kalm that it's a political argument. I do disagree with Kalm about what the argument is really about.
We do agree, but that's not what you post said. Had you stopped at "I don't think Kalm's wrong, it is a political argument" we would be in agreement. By adding "over how history is taught" we no longer agree. Now we agree again.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:14 am Stubborn? Says the guy desperately clinging to a demonstrably false premise.

That isn’t the false premise I am talking about. I have already explained it to you in detail. Either you are being willfully ignorant or you are bring intentionally misleading.

YOU need to show where people are protesting things that have been regularly taught in public schools over at least the last 40 years. Because they are not.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:55 pm

I don't know if the outcry is organic but I would say that the concern is much more valid and less hysterical than the screams that Trump was a facist. I don't remember you questioning that outcry.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Trump IS effectively a fascist. He may not be bright enough to recognize himself as such or even know what fascism is. But he effectively is a fascist. That's the risk he represents.
I was at Costco earlier this week and saw a water filter for the sink. Thought about buying it and sending it to you...

...because it removes TDS.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:05 pm
kalm wrote:
That isn’t the false premise I am talking about. I have already explained it to you in detail. Either you are being willfully ignorant or you are bring intentionally misleading.

YOU need to show where people are protesting things that have been regularly taught in public schools over at least the last 40 years. Because they are not.

Ah! So your argument is against the desired change in what’s been taught?

1) Well CRT has been around since the early 70’s.

2). Cultural change and power dynamics can create a revision in how history is viewed. (Again politicization. Who gets to write history again?)

3). According to the Monmouth study 46% of your side doesn’t want history of race taught at all. :loser:

Pass the chips.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:05 pm That isn’t the false premise I am talking about. I have already explained it to you in detail. Either you are being willfully ignorant or you are bring intentionally misleading.

Ah! So your argument is against the desired change in what’s been taught?.
NO klam it is not.

I don’t think you have a reading comprehension problem so I can only conclude that you are intentionally ignoring what I have said so you don’t have to address it.

Fortunately for public education in the country, voters are rejecting your brand of dishonesty and subversion so it isn’t really necessary to debate you or the rest of the statists.

Us normals prefer to believe our lying eyes.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:17 am
kalm wrote:
Ah! So your argument is against the desired change in what’s been taught?.
NO klam it is not.

I don’t think you have a reading comprehension problem so I can only conclude that you are intentionally ignoring what I have said so you don’t have to address it.

Fortunately for public education in the country, voters are rejecting your brand of dishonesty and subversion so it isn’t really necessary to debate you or the rest of the statists.

I must have a reading comprehension problem then as I honestly don’t know what you’re driving at. Racism is a part of our history and culture. That should be taught and taught with accuracy and probably from multiple perspectives. Not to make anyone feel better or worse…just for the sake of accuracy and cultural honesty.

CRT is being taught. It’s bad. How bad? I don’t know because I can’t come up with any real examples of what it is. Liberals and statists are bad too. Grrr….
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:17 am NO klam it is not.

I must have a reading comprehension problem then as I honestly don’t know what you’re driving at. Racism is a part of our history and culture. That should be taught and taught with accuracy and probably from multiple perspectives. Not to make anyone feel better or worse…just for the sake of accuracy and cultural honesty.

CRT is being taught. It’s bad. How bad? I don’t know because I can’t come up with any real examples of what it is. Liberals and statists are bad too. Grrr….
CRT is not the racial history of America.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:14 am
kalm wrote:

No shit? :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:33 am Racism is a part of our history and culture. That should be taught and taught with accuracy and probably from multiple perspectives. Not to make anyone feel better or worse…just for the sake of accuracy and cultural honesty.
HARD STOP!!!!! Racism in the US IS and SHOULD be taught that it's a part of our history. HOWEVER, CRT is ABSOLUTELY MEANT to make certain people feel better AND worse.

I seriously can't believe you don't understand what the CRT argument is about. :suspicious:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:22 am
CID1990 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:14 am
No shit? :lol:
So you're trolling?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:52 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm

Trump IS effectively a fascist. He may not be bright enough to recognize himself as such or even know what fascism is. But he effectively is a fascist. That's the risk he represents.
No he isn't. You're obviously the one who doesn't know what fascism is.

Trump is a lot of horrible things, but a fascist isn't one.
I know what fascism is. Trump was not able to implement it because of our system. But he's a fascist. If he'd had his way he would indeed have assumed power as a dictator, implemented authoritarian ultranationalism, forcibly suppressed opposition, etc. No reasonable doubt about it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The post to which I was responding didn’t say anything about Critical Race Theory. It depicted a poster with the words Settler Colonialism, Genocide, Slavery, Imperialism, Jim Crow, and a couple of things I have trouble reading. Everything I could read is true about the history of the United States.

Europeans came to this continent. They brought over people from Africa as slaves. They wiped out the overwhelming majority of the native inhabitants while forcibly taking their lands. Later the nation practiced and continues to practice imperialism, which is defined as “A policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force.”

I’m not horrified by it. I think it’s consistent with the way the world worked through most of the history of civilization. I think things started to change relatively recently in historical terms. But it is what it is, and people shouldn’t get all in a tither when other people point it out.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came