Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Disgraceful

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:59 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:44 pm

:thumb: :thumb: The operative word there is "full auto", which the AR15 isn't capable of, correct?

I've shot the M4A1 while doing testing for Homeland Security...I had all the warnings and preparation about the recoil and it still was a lot of power. I :lol:
:suspicious: Someone was warning and prepping you about recoil?. The .223/5.56 isn’t a very powerful round, and the M16/M4/AR isn’t considered by gun people to be a high powered rifle.
I used to test law enforcement equipment and it was part of the safety talk at the beginning. It was years ago so it might not have been an M4. It was 2012/2013 so I could be mistaken. I remember being on full auto and it was more than I expected...also the first time I shot a fully automatic weapon.

Found it:
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... -508_0.pdf

Man...I can't believe this was almost 10 years ago.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:53 am
Really a question for 93 or Alpha, but I’ll attempt to answer (I’m probably wrong on some of it):
Semi auto: 45 rounds oer minute
Burst: 90 rounds ler minute
Full auto 700-800 rounds per minute depending on source

M16 A1: Army carried from Nam to mid 80s, and by Nat Guard mid 80s-mid 90s, has a selector switch for Safe/Semi/Full Auto. My guard unit was just transitioning out of these when I got in in 95’, and I don’t recall ever shooting the A1 in basic/AIT at Benning or in the Guard.

M16 A2: Army carried from mid 80s-mid 90s, and by Nat Guard mid 90s-mid 2000s, on selector switch 3 round burst replaced full auto. I don’t know what other differences from the A1 besides burst vs full auto, and different handguards. What I carried in the Nat Guard.

M16 A3: M16 A2 with full auto.

M16 A4: Back to burst, but unlike the A2, has a Picatinny rail for optics and all that high speed tactical shit. So no carrying handle & iron sites. But unlike the M4, still the 20” barrell and solid stock. I know the Marines were carrying this after the Army went to the M4 Carbine. Don’t know if still are.

M4 Carbine: Army went to in mid 90s, Guard/Reserves sometime early/mid 00s. 16” barrell as opposed to 20” on M16. Collapsable as opposed to solid stock. Instead of classic handguards, Picatinny rail for optics and all that high speed tactical shit. Like the A2, selector switch Safe/Semi/Burst.

M4A1: M4 but full auto instead of burst.
:thumb: :thumb: The operative word there is "full auto", which the AR15 isn't capable of, correct?

I've shot the M4A1 while doing testing for Homeland Security...I had all the warnings and preparation about the recoil and it still was a lot of power. I :lol:
Do you weigh 60 lbs.? The M4 fires a small caliber (5.56) round that rarely results in one shot-one kill. The Army is testing next-generation rifles that will likely fire a 6.8 round.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Do you weigh 60 lbs.? The M4 fires a small caliber (5.56) round that rarely results in one shot-one kill. The Army is testing next-generation rifles that will likely fire a 6.8 round.
Read my post above...it was nearly 10 years ago and I just don't remember (click the link and there are plenty of pictures). I'm obviously mistaken
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:24 pm
CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Read my post above...it was nearly 10 years ago and I just don't remember (click the link and there are plenty of pictures). I'm obviously mistaken
Ok, maybe it was something bigger you shot. Anyway, your initial post reminded me of an article I read a couple weeks ago:
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/08/05 ... es-n421923
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

The last evac flight has left Afghanistan and the final inventory of weapons/equipment left behind is in…

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:18 pm The last evac flight has left Afghanistan and the final inventory of weapons/equipment left behind is in…

That one is a little more expansive than the one we have been talking about today.
https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... 0#p1373720
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

In addition to leaving thousands of Americans behind, the DoD ordered that all military working dogs be left behind.

They were left in cages at the Kabul airport.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote:In addition to leaving thousands of Americans behind, the DoD ordered that all military working dogs be left behind.

They were left in cages at the Kabul airport.

That better not be true. I hope it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

8/18:
Biden says US troops will stay in Afghanistan until every American who wants to leave the country has gotten out
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-says-us-tr ... 45540.html

Hundreds of Americans left behind after last plane leaves.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/0 ... ft-behind/

I’m sure Little Red Lying Hood will say they aren’t stranded.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Don’t worry - trip says we’ll soon forget all about this.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of deriding Muslims). Where was he here?

I won't let any of you re-write history either.

I remember the users who made money off war, I remember the users who cheered Muslim bans, I remember the comments about turning entire nations into glass. I'm not going to sit here and let the same people cry about how much they care now to score political points.

If you genuinely gave a sh*t, you'd have acted like it before this month. But no, people voted for closing the borders, voted cuts to the Department of State (America first!), voted knowing the military would be expanded, and voted knowing wars would continue in the name of "defense."

The above video is sad, but a consequence of America's obsession with military imperialism and war-profiteering.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of mocking Muslim refugees).

I remember the users who made money off war, I remember the users who cheered Muslim bans, I remember the comments about turning entire nations into glass. I'm not going to sit here and let the same people cry about how much they care now to score political points.

If you genuinely gave a sh*t, you'd have acted like it before this month. But no, people voted for closing the borders, voted cuts to the Department of State (America first!), voted knowing the military would be expanded, and voted knowing wars would continue in the name of "defense."

The above video is the consequence of America's obsession with military imperialism and war-profiteering.
What muslim ban?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:34 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of mocking Muslim refugees).

The above video is the consequence of America's obsession with military imperialism and war-profiteering.
What muslim ban?
Go fuck yourself. Here's a small sampling of your history:
We should only be admitting people that benefit the US.
-STEM, & advaced degree people
-high net worth individuals

Refugees don't fit that and most don't provide the US with any benefit. So why not ban them all?
Bomber 22 year old son of Libyan refugees. And people want to let more muslim refugees into the US.. :ohno:

Trump is right..
... Why you shouldn't let in muslim refugees...
Before any community is forced to take refugees the local citizens should be able to vote by referendum as to whether or not they want to take these refugees into their community..I think most would be a no..
Even if I get sh*t for it (and boy do I get it), I'll stick with my convictions. You on the other are hand are straight up lying about how much you care about Muslims and refugees. You're probably erect at the thought of these people being left behind and dying.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of deriding Muslims). Where was he here?

The above video is sad, but a consequence of America's obsession with military imperialism and war-profiteering.
Will you remember all your fellow Americans abandoned by your hero, Biden? They’re getting slaughtered as we speak.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:43 pm
What muslim ban?

Refugees don't fit that and most don't provide the US with any benefit. So why not ban them all?
Bomber 22 year old son of Libyan refugees. And people want to let more muslim refugees into the US.. :ohno:

Trump is right..
Before any community is forced to take refugees the local citizens should be able to vote by referendum as to whether or not they want to take these refugees into their community..I think most would be a no..
Even if I get sh*t for it (and boy do I get it), I'll stick with my convictions. You on the other are hand are straight up lying about how much you care about Muslims and refugees. You're probably erect at the thought of these people being left behind and dying.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:43 pm
What muslim ban?

Trump is right..
Again, what muslim ban? There was none.

The as the left calls it ‘Trump muslim ban’ was a ban on immigrants from 7 countries, only 5 majority muslim out of 40+ majority muslim countries worldwide. Only a tiny fraction of the world’s muslim population fell under it. It was because these 7 countries had major terrorism and security issues. The ban wasn’t permanent, only until thise issues were rectified. But don’t let facts get in the way of am Orange Man Bad TDS rant.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I am mad. Joke about my post if you want, but you don't get to pretend about caring for real people, who are actually dying, just so you can score political points after years and years and years of looking the other way. Not even looking the other way, but actively mocking.

I'd forgive if you were simply indifferent, but you've been deriding the same people you profess to care about now.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:20 am
Baldy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:29 am
At this point, anything Biden does is going to be heavily scripted - he's not really capable of extended independent thought anymore. It's a shame to see such a mental decline happen right in front of us, but it is. He was a cognitive health risk coming into the election and the job is just taking a toll on him, and the nation as a result, every day it goes on. There has to be serious conversations going on right now behind the scenes on what is the best political option for when to push the trigger on this and 25th him.
I think they're just trying to limp past the mid-terms to go the 25th option. That way those 2 years wouldn't count as a term for Kamala. :twocents:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:40 pm
BDKJMU wrote:
Don’t worry - trip says we’ll soon forget all about this.

He also says this whole Afghanistan exit failure isn't a big deal.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of deriding Muslims). Where was he here?

Muslim flying this helo or nah?

Remember, if you voted for Biden*, you own the death and destruction that the Taliban (Muslims, right?) will be inflicting over in that shithole of a place.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:55 pm I am mad. Joke about my post if you want, but you don't get to pretend about caring for real people, who are actually dying, just so you can score political points after years and years and years of looking the other way. Not even looking the other way, but actively mocking.

I'd forgive if you were simply indifferent, but you've been deriding the same people you profess to care about now.
Do you feel the same way about abortion or nah?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:rofl: @ the Biden* admin trying to treat the Taliban like a legit government.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Way to abandon some of our citizens, Biden*. :ohno:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Interesting read on the quick collapse of the Afghan government, primarily focused on the last day or so before the Afghan President bolted.
This account of Kabul’s fall — the climactic moment of America’s longest war — is based on nearly two dozen interviews with U.S. and Afghan officials, a Taliban commander and residents of the city.
On the Friday afternoon before Kabul fell, the White House was starting to empty out, as many of the senior staff prepared to take their first vacations of Biden’s young presidency. Earlier in the day, Biden had arrived at Camp David, and Secretary of State Antony Blinken was already in the Hamptons.

But by Saturday, the fall of Mazar-e Sharif — site of furious battles between pro and anti-Taliban forces in the 1990s — convinced U.S. officials that they needed to scramble. How quickly was a subject of dispute between the Pentagon and State Department.

In a conference call with Biden and his top security aides that day, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin called for the immediate relocation of all U.S. Embassy personnel to the Kabul airport, according to a U.S. official familiar with the call.
Saturday evening Kabul time, Ghani and Blinken spoke by phone. Hoping to avert a showdown in the capital, Blinken sought Ghani’s support for a U.S.-brokered arrangement with the Taliban in which the militants would remain outside Kabul if the Afghan leader would step aside as an interim government took charge. The aim, said a senior U.S. official, was to buy time for negotiations aimed at forming an inclusive government that involved the Taliban, as well as others.

The president reluctantly agreed.

Precarious as it may have been, there appeared to be a path to a peaceful, political transition — a way for Afghanistan to avoid the sort of violent takeovers that have characterized so much of its recent past.
In a hastily arranged in-person meeting, senior U.S. military leaders in Doha — including McKenzie, the commander of U.S. Central Command — spoke with Abdul Ghani Baradar, head of the Taliban’s political wing.

“We have a problem,” Baradar said, according to the U.S. official. “We have two options to deal with it: You [the United States military] take responsibility for securing Kabul or you have to allow us to do it.”

Throughout the day, Biden had remained resolute in his decision to withdraw all American troops from Afghanistan. The collapse of the Afghan government hadn’t changed his mind.

McKenzie, aware of those orders, told Baradar that the U.S. mission was only to evacuate American citizens, Afghan allies and others at risk. The United States, he told Baradar, needed the airport to do that.

On the spot, an understanding was reached, according to two other U.S. officials: The United States could have the airport until Aug. 31. But the Taliban would control the city.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... ver-kabul/