AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:20 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:58 pm

THIS. This is why people here give you so much shit. You want to dissect and wordsmith every fucking post, no matter how inane. I would say several is some # < 10-12. But hey, you do you.
Spoiler: show
And I looked up the definition too…nowhere does it say “5 tops”. Few is defined as “not many” e.g., three roses…so 3-4 would be “a few months”. Several months is more than that, and certainly more than 5.

Here endeth the lesson.
So if a team beat another by 10-12 TDs they only won by ‘several’ TDs. :suspicious:
And ‘several’ again is defined as FEWER than many. So several months is not ‘certainly more than 5’..

Were not going likely going to know until late this year or more likely next year, if Trump is going to be running in 2024. Either way, it won’t be in ‘several’ months.
How about this: If I ever want a fucking English teacher, you’ll be the first person I’ll call. Honestly, you focus on the strangest shit.

We will know in SEVERAL months.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:23 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:20 pm
So if a team beat another by 10-12 TDs they only won by ‘several’ TDs. :suspicious:
And ‘several’ again is defined as FEWER than many. So several months is not ‘certainly more than 5’..

Were not going likely going to know until late this year or more likely next year, if Trump is going to be running in 2024. Either way, it won’t be in ‘several’ months.
How about this: If I ever want a fucking English teacher, you’ll be the first person I’ll call. Honestly, you focus on the strangest shit.

Nope. We’ll know roughly between 10 to 17 months from now (Nov 22’-June 23’) :D
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

I’m going with Jan 21, 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden to deliver his 1st SOTU March 1. It will be the latest in the year any POTUS has ever made the address.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... on-march-1
They’re usually in Jan, and every POTUS in our lifetimes sans Reagan (early Feb) has made their 1st SOTU in Jan.
https://history.house.gov/Institution/SOTU/List/

Question is, why so late for Biden?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:02 pm Biden to deliver his 1st SOTU March 1. It will be the latest in the year any POTUS has ever made the address.
They’re usually in Jan, and every POTUS in our lifetimes sans Reagan (early Feb) has made their 1st SOTU in Jan.

Because that gives the demented old codger time to figure out the difference between a state and the union.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:59 pm
houndawg wrote:
:roll:

Looks like you missed the point entirely as you seem to do with metronomic regularity - let me preface the point by telling you that I'm about to explain the point that you missed - the point is that it doesn't matter if you have 1,000 conservatives that out-debate Harris or Biden - your candidate is Trump - the Republican Party doesn't break wind without his approval and every one of them with a couple(2) of exceptions pisses down their leg at the thought of crossing him. And debate isn't necessary: people will vote for or against him regardless of which feeble old corporate hack the Democrats put up. Last time they voted there were 7,000,000 more votes for the tired old hack who is likely already drooling in his porridge than there were for Trump. (Who btw way lost the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 votes to the most unpopular politician in recent history.) :coffee:
You sure are triggered lately

You’re like the junkyard dog… howling because you hear the tsunami coming

Poundpud is the JSO of one-line bullshit: he repeats the same snarky soundbites over and over. The above post is about his longest on record, yet still devoid of substance.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:26 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:23 pm

Nope. We’ll know roughly between 10 to 17 months from now (Nov 22’-June 23’) :D
Yes. Several.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:30 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:02 pm Biden to deliver his 1st SOTU March 1. It will be the latest in the year any POTUS has ever made the address.

Because that gives the demented old codger time to figure out the difference between a state and the union.
His staff is still trying to figure out how to get him to stop reading the {END OF SPEECH} statement at the end of the speech.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

LeadBOSBFlt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:33 pm
UNI88 wrote:
Awesome images in that article ... is it safe to click on the links?

Biden's hyperbole is excessive but I'm not sure it's worse than Trump's was.
Those who can read may get something different from the link.

We can't all be members of MENSA, LeadBOSBFlt. I did start to read the opinion piece but it was too full of partisan, right-wing hyperbole to waste my time. It was similar to the partisan, left-wing hyperbole I would expect from Vox or Huffpo.

It was an opinion piece filled with partisan opinions, not a journalistic article filled with facts and truth. It deserved the Fiver treatment.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:33 pm
UNI88 wrote:
Awesome images in that article ... is it safe to click on the links?

Biden's hyperbole is excessive but I'm not sure it's worse than Trump's was.
Those who can read may get something different from the link.

The first sentence was enough for me to not continue reading that partisan drivel. Why is it that Republicans/Conservatives get so angry over mainstream news being lefty but then only read and listen to news that fits their points of view? Seems to me that they don't really care about independent reporting, just reporting that validates their thinking.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:58 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:22 pm

Well I guess we’ll know in the next several months.
Don’t think we’ll know until after the midterms..
we know
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:59 pm
houndawg wrote:
:roll:

Looks like you missed the point entirely as you seem to do with metronomic regularity - let me preface the point by telling you that I'm about to explain the point that you missed - the point is that it doesn't matter if you have 1,000 conservatives that out-debate Harris or Biden - your candidate is Trump - the Republican Party doesn't break wind without his approval and every one of them with a couple(2) of exceptions pisses down their leg at the thought of crossing him. And debate isn't necessary: people will vote for or against him regardless of which feeble old corporate hack the Democrats put up. Last time they voted there were 7,000,000 more votes for the tired old hack who is likely already drooling in his porridge than there were for Trump. (Who btw way lost the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 votes to the most unpopular politician in recent history.) :coffee:
You sure are triggered lately

Dogs do sense these things before you do. I'm howling on behalf of you people, tsunamis don't affect me regardles of where they come from. Its one of the great things about the Heartland.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:56 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:58 pm
Don’t think we’ll know until after the midterms..
we know
I’m not convinced. Not saying your wrong, but I’m not convinced. We shall see in several months. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

comical. Delusional. Just like our current president. How ANYONE could watch that press conference and come away with THIS assessment just shows how broken our politics are in this country:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-p ... in-walling
For all the talk of "Sleepy Joe" or complaints about his not facing the press, on Wednesday President Joe Biden demonstrated to the American people his firm grasp of both domestic and foreign policy issues in what was the longest press conference from a president in recent American history.

Americans saw in their commander-in-chief someone willing to speak earnestly and frankly with the American people, and his command performance Wednesday harkened back to an earlier Biden from the campaign trail: forceful, direct, self-deprecating and earnest.

It has admittedly been a tough few months for the president and his stalled agenda on Capitol Hill, no thanks to Senate rules which require him to find the support of 10 Republicans who are committed to opposing him at every turn.

Yet, the president rightfully highlighted his groundbreaking achievements since taking office one year ago today, including an economy with the lowest unemployment in more than five decades, a booming stock market, and rising wages, salaries and disposable income for American workers, especially those at the bottom rungs of the economic ladder.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:59 pm You sure are triggered lately

Dogs do sense these things before you do. I'm howling on behalf of you people, tsunamis don't affect me regardles of where they come from. Its one of the great things about the Heartland.
The tsunami I’m referring to is the one coming in November.

I’m just speculating that’s what has you and a bunch of your fellow travelers so agitated these days

It must be hard watching this slow motion train wreck

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:comical. Delusional. Just like our current president. How ANYONE could watch that press conference and come away with THIS assessment just shows how broken our politics are in this country:

For all the talk of "Sleepy Joe" or complaints about his not facing the press, on Wednesday President Joe Biden demonstrated to the American people his firm grasp of both domestic and foreign policy issues in what was the longest press conference from a president in recent American history.

Americans saw in their commander-in-chief someone willing to speak earnestly and frankly with the American people, and his command performance Wednesday harkened back to an earlier Biden from the campaign trail: forceful, direct, self-deprecating and earnest.

It has admittedly been a tough few months for the president and his stalled agenda on Capitol Hill, no thanks to Senate rules which require him to find the support of 10 Republicans who are committed to opposing him at every turn.

Yet, the president rightfully highlighted his groundbreaking achievements since taking office one year ago today, including an economy with the lowest unemployment in more than five decades, a booming stock market, and rising wages, salaries and disposable income for American workers, especially those at the bottom rungs of the economic ladder.
The only thing more head-scratchy than the opinion itself is the outlet it is on

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:49 am The only thing more head-scratchy than the opinion itself is the outlet it is on
Consider it chum.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote:comical. Delusional. Just like our current president. How ANYONE could watch that press conference and come away with THIS assessment just shows how broken our politics are in this country:

The only thing more head-scratchy than the opinion itself is the outlet it is on
I give Fox credit for employing someone with a different opinion. Does CNN have anyone like that?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:36 am comical. Delusional. Just like our current president. How ANYONE could watch that press conference and come away with THIS assessment just shows how broken our politics are in this country:

I wasn't aware Fox News was pulling in Babylon Bee articles.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:15 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:49 am
I give Fox credit for employing someone with a different opinion. Does CNN have anyone like that?
They do - their opinion section has been quite critical of Biden for a while.
From CNNs front page

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/politics ... index.html
Fact check: A look at Biden's first year in false claims
When President Joe Biden passingly said in a voting rights speech last week that he had been "arrested" in the context of the civil rights movement -- even suggesting this had happened more than once -- it was a classic Biden false claim: an anecdote about his past for which there is no evidence, prompted by a decision to ad-lib rather than stick to a prepared text, resulting in easily avoidable questions about his honesty.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:38 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:15 am
They do - their opinion section has been quite critical of Biden for a while.
From CNNs front page

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/politics ... index.html
Fact check: A look at Biden's first year in false claims
When President Joe Biden passingly said in a voting rights speech last week that he had been "arrested" in the context of the civil rights movement -- even suggesting this had happened more than once -- it was a classic Biden false claim: an anecdote about his past for which there is no evidence, prompted by a decision to ad-lib rather than stick to a prepared text, resulting in easily avoidable questions about his honesty.
I don't think criticizing Biden is the equivalent. Having staffers writing opinion pieces supporting Trump would be the equivalent.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:08 am I don't think criticizing Biden is the equivalent. Having staffers writing opinion pieces supporting Trump would be the equivalent.
THAT would be something. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:13 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:08 am I don't think criticizing Biden is the equivalent. Having staffers writing opinion pieces supporting Trump would be the equivalent.
THAT would be something. :lol:
Point being that despite all of the illiberal pearl clutching over Fox, I believe they still have more journalistic integrity then CNN.

They'd be even better if they'd drop Tucker in a hole and forget about him.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:09 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:56 am

we know
I’m not convinced. Not saying your wrong, but I’m not convinced. We shall see in several months. :coffee:
you're :mrgreen:

I get what you're saying but I think you're overlooking that he pretty much has to run if he's able so that it can all be a Democrat plot again, like the early days of the pandemic. Not to mention getting the taxpayers to shell out for what are certain to be very large legal bills. Normally he'd just start a charity for veterans or kids with cancer and pocket the proceeds but everyone is on to that grift now. tick tock
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:46 am
houndawg wrote:
The tsunami I’m referring to is the one coming in November.

I’m just speculating that’s what has you and a bunch of your fellow travelers so agitated these days

It must be hard watching this slow motion train wreck

Obviously. :coffee:

It doesn't matter how badly Joe fucks up. It only matters that he isn't Donald Trump. Just like the only thing that got Trump elected on a technicality was that he wasn't Hillary Clinton. (Who still got a couple million more votes plus.)

Now Dallas choking away a playoff game to the left coast 49ers.... thats a fucking Rembrandt of a slo-mo train wreck.... :notworthy: