Biden’s Scorecard

Political discussions
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by LeadBolt »

JSO, a poster who advocates for higher education without having mastered high school civics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:I think that the question of Presidential election legitimacy given what is going on has to be taken in the context of the fact that the Constitution says that State legislatures decide on how electors are selected. If they wanted to they could just eliminate having people vote and select them themselves.

But there is no question that the Republicans do NOT want majority rule. They are trying to set things up so that a minority that favors them prevails.

I think there are serious flaws in the way our Constitution sets things up. Like the Senate is really bad. When you have equal weight given to the majority of opinion of 578,803 in Wyoming and the majority opinion of 39,237,836 people in California...well, I don't think that is even remotely defensible. But it is what it is. To change it we'd have to have a Constitutional Amendment and there is no way that is going to happen because the low population States that have more power than they should aren't going to give that up.
Wow you need a civics lesson stat

Start with “republic”

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

LeadBolt wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:13 pm JSO, a poster who advocates for higher education without having mastered high school civics.

Or high school economics.
Or high school biology.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

We did it! We just hit 30 trillion!
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/na ... 0-trillion

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:53 pm We did it! We just hit 30 trillion!
BDK fixed link

FIFY
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:49 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:53 pm We did it! We just hit 30 trillion!
BDK fixed link

FIFY
I tried to teach this to Kalm and it was beyond his ability to grasp. Just another example of how similar the two of them are. ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:52 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:49 pm

FIFY
I tried to teach this to Kalm and it was beyond his ability to grasp. Just another example of how similar the two of them are. ;)
I personally like not having the "fixed" link. I can instantly tell if it is a link worth clicking on to read or not.

For example when SG links the conservative treehouse or when JSO links some obscure polling site to support his theories.

So BDK can keep ignoring Gil. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:49 pm FIFY
You need to understand…. its a simple fix.

Raise taxes on the rich and force corporations to pay their share

And then poof! Debt will go down, spending won’t go up, corporations won’t pass the new costs to consumers, and incentives to innovation and entrepreneurship will stay put right in the good ol USA!

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:39 am

I personally like not having the "fixed" link. I can instantly tell if it is a link worth clicking on to read or not.

For example when SG links the conservative treehouse or when JSO links some obscure polling site to support his theories.

Same here. Context matters as well, they inherited budgets for the first year and did what they could - what were the economic conditions each President faced.

Obama - dealing with 2 wars and a recession increased the national debt by 74%, $8T debt -nearly $1T for each year in office.
Trump - dealing with 1 war and then a pandemic and its effects increased the debt by 33%, adding $6.7T in his 4 years.
Biden - dealing with 1 war, a pandemic and its effects say a $1.5T (5%) increase in year 1 to end at $28.4T on Oct 1, 2021...since then it's risen to $30T. More in 1Q than the previous 4! :shock: :o

I think by compounding interest alone, inflation and our inability to cut the national credit card, that Joe is on track to add more to our national debt than those before him. :twocents:

Also - since when did ANY party, let alone the Republican Party, care about debt. :lol: :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:36 am
CID1990 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:02 am
You need to understand…. its a simple fix.

Raise taxes on the rich and force corporations to pay their share

And then poof! Debt will go down, spending won’t go up, corporations won’t pass the new costs to consumers, and incentives to innovation and entrepreneurship will stay put right in the good ol USA!

Same here. Context matters as well, they inherited budgets for the first year and did what they could - what were the economic conditions each President faced.

Obama - dealing with 2 wars and a recession increased the national debt by 74%, $8T debt -nearly $1T for each year in office.
Trump - dealing with 1 war and then a pandemic and its effects increased the debt by 33%, adding $6.7T in his 4 years.
Biden - dealing with 1 war, a pandemic and its effects say a $1.5T (5%) increase in year 1 to end at $28.4T on Oct 1, 2021...since then it's risen to $30T. More in 1Q than the previous 4! :shock: :o

I think by compounding interest alone, inflation and our inability to cut the national credit card, that Joe is on track to add more to our national debt than those before him. :twocents:

Also - since when did ANY party, let alone the Republican Party, care about debt. :lol: :coffee:
FYP :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:42 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:36 am

You've to highlight it man...i've read it twice and don't see it. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:54 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:42 am

I didn't change anything. :D

The reason I said FYP was because I believe you meant to quote CID and not my post as mine was just talking about BDK's links and not debt.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:02 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:54 am
I didn't change anything. :D

The reason I said FYP was because I believe you meant to quote CID and not my post as mine was just talking about BDK's links and not debt.
:lol: Thanks brother :clap:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bingo.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:23 pm

Bingo.
Just get a room you two.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:23 pm
Bingo.
Just get a room you two.
Can't help I like being more efficient. :tothehand:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:51 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:44 pm
Just get a room you two.
Efficiency for me = knowing the title/gist of the article and the URL (which I can see if I mouse over a link). :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Serious question. Is there anyone left in the country that thinks Biden > Trump in any way other than Twitter?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:19 pm Serious question. Is there anyone left in the country that thinks Biden > Trump in any way other than Twitter?
I would say yes there are.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:19 pm Serious question. Is there anyone left in the country that thinks Biden > Trump in any way other than Twitter?
Are you kidding? People like ky jelly, JSO, Houndy and dback all love them some Biden!
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

200k jobs had been expected to be gained in Jan. Instead over 300+k jobs lost. Way to go Brandon.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:11 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:51 pm

Efficiency for me = knowing the title/gist of the article and the URL (which I can see if I mouse over a link). :coffee:
You assume that whoever is putting in the link title is being honest.

And not naming the link tells me instantly where the link goes without hovering my cursor over the link.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:18 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:11 pm

And not naming the link tells me instantly where the link goes without hovering my cursor over the link.
Are you sure about that?

https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/biden-act ... -ever-did/
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:46 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:18 am

Are you sure about that?

https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/biden-act ... -ever-did/
I will admit my way is not perfect and there are ways to game it. Satisfied?

:finger: :D

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:08 pm
Are you kidding? People like ky jelly, JSO, Houndy and dback all love them some Biden!
Don't forget treep.