Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:29 am Biden Admin trying to redefine a recession.

And now the Fake News MSM is doing the same thing, trying to deny that we are factually in a recession.
WaPo, NY Times, CNN, Associated Press and more frame second quarter GDP numbers as fueling 'recession fears'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-time ... sion-fears

And you know damn well if Trump or any other conk was in the White House those same outlets would be trumpeting it as the "Trump Recession"..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baghdad Joe:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:52 pm Image

Tough shit. You want to be a sanctuary city, so you reap what you sow. Keeping bussing them in Govs Ducy and Abbott! :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:57 pm
Pretty hilarious since border states have been dealing with this issue for decades...but I do applaud the plan to bus illegals to blue areas.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:49 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:52 pm Image

Tough shit. You want to be a sanctuary city, so you reap what you sow. Keeping bussing them in Govs Ducy and Abbott! :nod:
Donks. :silly:
:lol:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

But walls don't work! :roll: :lol:

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:13 pm
As nutty as blaming Putin for inflation, that made more sense than blaming so called climate change. The Bidem admin gets dumber and dumber… :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:51 am But walls don't work! :roll: :lol:

:lol: at the spin job by Baghdad Bobette

Now all of a sudden its 'Walls Save Lives' :lol:

:lol: :rofl: at how she's gone from "walls are bigoted' to 'walls save lives'
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:51 am But walls don't work! :roll: :lol:

Donks are now underwater with with Brown folk, so its time to build a racist wall. I did nazi that one coming.
Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:19 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:59 pm JohnStWrong…what do you have to say about this GOP win in a majority Hispanic district???

Seems some of Team Brown has seen the light…

A few more of those and the Donks will be screaming for the wall to be built. :lol:
:king:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Looks like Manchin was bribed:
U.S. Senator Joe Manchin has, “secured a commitment,” from President Joe Biden, Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi to allow the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) to be completed.

According to Senator Manchin’s office, the commitment from President Biden, Schumer and Pelosi will be used to pass legislation for the MVP to be completed and, “streamline the permitting process for all energy infrastructure.” This will be used from, “transmission to pipelines and export facilities.”

Manchin’s office says it will be voted on by the end of the fiscal year, which is Sept. 30, 2022.

It says the MVP is already 94% complete and will, “[unlock] 2 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day.”

Manchin’s team says $1.2 billion will be used in additional investment to complete the project, it will take an estimated four to five months to complete, around 2,500 construction-related jobs will be used, $40 million will be seen annually in new tax revenue for West Virginia and $200 to $250 million more per year in royalties for WV landowners...[/quote}
https://www.wowktv.com/news/local/manch ... -pipeline/
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:49 pm Looks like Manchin was bribed:
U.S. Senator Joe Manchin has, “secured a commitment,” from President Joe Biden, Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi to allow the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) to be completed.

According to Senator Manchin’s office, the commitment from President Biden, Schumer and Pelosi will be used to pass legislation for the MVP to be completed and, “streamline the permitting process for all energy infrastructure.” This will be used from, “transmission to pipelines and export facilities.”

Manchin’s office says it will be voted on by the end of the fiscal year, which is Sept. 30, 2022.

It says the MVP is already 94% complete and will, “[unlock] 2 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day.”

Manchin’s team says $1.2 billion will be used in additional investment to complete the project, it will take an estimated four to five months to complete, around 2,500 construction-related jobs will be used, $40 million will be seen annually in new tax revenue for West Virginia and $200 to $250 million more per year in royalties for WV landowners...[/quote}
https://www.wowktv.com/news/local/manch ... -pipeline/
No shit.

Usually, he's being bought by the Conks. This time he is being bought by the Donks. But, his vote is always going to the highest bidder. He is not some independent thinker that votes his conscience.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:26 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:49 pm Looks like Manchin was bribed:
No shit.

Usually, he's being bought by the Conks. This time he is being bought by the Donks. But, his vote is always going to the highest bidder. He is not some independent thinker that votes his conscience.
You make it sound like he’s the only one. :tothehand:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Wasn't smart of Schumer and Manchin to cut Sinema out of the negotiations. :coffee:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10eyIc
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:50 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:26 pm No shit.

You make it sound like he’s the only one. :tothehand:
:nod: Fill in the blanks:

9_._% of elected officials in Washington DC are for sale.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Americans driving has now dropped to less than at the same time in the summer of 2020 during the peak of the virus, due to the recession + inflation. That would explain much of the drop in prices from $5, although still $4.16 nationally..
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/summer-g ... 29656.html
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:28 pm Americans driving has now dropped to less than at the same time in the summer of 2020 during the peak of the virus, due to the recession + inflation. That would explain much of the drop in prices from $5, although still $4.16 nationally..
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/summer-g ... 29656.html
We just spent 4 days in Yellowstone and 3 days in Teton NP and there were hardly ANY people. It was a little weird how easy it was to get around on the limited roads….
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The Biden admin decides to do their Mar-A-Lago raid to distract from their massive tax and spending bill (in the middle of a recession no less) that will become law assuming it passes the House.
In a recession the last thing the govt should do is inceases taxes. In an era of sky high inflation the last thing the govt should do is increase spending. Yet this bill does both. Also is a blatant lie that this bill won't raise taxes on Americans making less than 400k.
https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-i ... tion-bill/
The Penn Wharton Budget Model, which Sen. Manchin has been known to watch, examined the details of Schumer-Manchin and found that it doesn’t contain any net deficit reduction until 2027.

“The impact on inflation is statistically indistinguishable from zero” through 2031, say the Penn Wharton modelers. We don’t agree with those who think deficit reduction leads in a straight line to lower inflation, but that’s what the Democrats claim for their bill. If the first deficit reduction doesn’t come for five years, what’s the help on inflation today?….

….Evidence is emerging that the new Schumer-Manchin 15% minimum tax on corporate-book income is especially harmful to U.S. manufacturing firms. An analysis by Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT), which is hardly a nest of supply-siders, found that 49.7% of the tax would hit U.S. manufacturers….

…..An analysis by the National Association of Manufacturers says the tax in 2023 alone will reduce real GDP by $68.5 billion and cut labor income by $17.1 billion. One well-known economic truth is that corporations don’t really pay taxes. They are essentially tax collectors, as the corporate tax rate ultimately falls on some combination of workers, shareholders and customers. Raise the corporate tax rate, and you’re cutting wages and salaries for workers.

No surprise, that’s exactly what the Joint Committee on Taxation found in its analysis of the Schumer-Manchin bill’s distributional impact. The JCT finds that average tax rates will increase for nearly every income category in 2023 under the bill.

Taxes will rise by $16.7 billion in 2023 on Americans earning less than $200,000 a year. Taxpayers earning between $200,000 and $500,000 will pay $14.1 billion more. This gives the lie to Democratic claims that no one earning under $400,000 will pay more taxes under the bill, a promise Mr. Biden also made in his campaign. The reality is that the Schumer-Manchin bill is a tax increase on nearly every American.….
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-schume ... 1659300317
Almost all of us are going to be paying more, as you can see from whatever bracket you're in if you enlarge the photo of the JCT analysis:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Even worse than the increases on almost all Americans, and the inflation increasing spending increases, is the about doubling of the size of the most crooked, rogue agency in the US. They aren't hiring 85k+ new IRS agents to target 8, 9, 10 figure net worth individuals. They are already being targeted, and have the means to hire expensive tax accountants and attorneys to defend themselves against the IRS. They are being hired to target the tens of millions of middle and upper middle class, where the money is at, with 1.2 million more audits per year. The proof being the donks blocking a the conk amendment to limit the increase in IRS audits to those making over 400k per year.
Americans who earn less than $75,000 per year are slated to receive 60% of the additional tax audits expected under Democrats' spending package, according to an analysis released by House Republicans.

The analysis, which is a conservative estimate based upon recent audit rates and tax filing data, shows that individuals with an annual income of $75,000 or less would be subject to 710,863 additional Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits while those making more than $1 million would receive 52,295 more audits under the bill. The legislation, the Inflation Reduction Act, would roughly double the IRS' budget to increase enforcement and, therefore, federal tax revenue.

"Value shoppers at Walmart and other retailers, already struggling with higher prices and more expensive fuel to drive to the store, will get hit with 710,000 additional audits thanks to the Manchin-Biden Democrat bill," House Ways and Means Committee ranking member Kevin Brady, R-Texas, said in a statement after releasing the study.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mi ... ysis-shows
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:02 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 pm

Donks are now underwater with with Brown folk, so its time to build a racist wall. I did nazi that one coming.
Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:19 pm
A few more of those and the Donks will be screaming for the wall to be built. :lol:
:king:
Us "breakfast tacos" aren't blindly voting donk so now they want to keep more from entering. Absolute clownworld by the donks. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In Machin going on all the Sunday talk shows and elsewhere, he tried to defend the indefensible about the ginormous tax and spend bill (ex that it wouldn't increase inflation and wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class (lie)) or avoided (like the 87k new IRS agents). Yet strangely, I never heard Manchin tout the below as a reason to support the bill. If you were trying to gain conk support, why not tout the below?
President Biden reinstated the largest oil and gas lease sale in U.S. history, essentially steamrolling the need for environmental review, by signing the Inflation Reduction Act into law on Tuesday.

While the Inflation Reduction Act includes several green energy provisions opposed by the fossil fuel industry, the bill also orders the Department of the Interior (DOI) to take a series of steps to boost fossil fuel production on federal lands and waters. The legislation specifically requires the DOI to reinstate Lease Sale 257, a massive offshore oil and gas sale spanning 80.8 million acres across the Gulf of Mexico, within 30 days of enactment....

....The Inflation Reduction Act also requires the Biden administration to hold three offshore lease sales it had canceled in May and ties new renewable energy leasing to mandated onshore oil and gas leasing.....
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:08 pm In Machin going on all the Sunday talk shows and elsewhere, he tried to defend the indefensible about the ginormous tax and spend bill (ex that it wouldn't increase inflation and wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class (lie)) or avoided (like the 87k new IRS agents). Yet strangely, I never heard Manchin tout the below as a reason to support the bill. If you were trying to gain conk support, why not tout the below?
President Biden reinstated the largest oil and gas lease sale in U.S. history, essentially steamrolling the need for environmental review, by signing the Inflation Reduction Act into law on Tuesday.

While the Inflation Reduction Act includes several green energy provisions opposed by the fossil fuel industry, the bill also orders the Department of the Interior (DOI) to take a series of steps to boost fossil fuel production on federal lands and waters. The legislation specifically requires the DOI to reinstate Lease Sale 257, a massive offshore oil and gas sale spanning 80.8 million acres across the Gulf of Mexico, within 30 days of enactment....

....The Inflation Reduction Act also requires the Biden administration to hold three offshore lease sales it had canceled in May and ties new renewable energy leasing to mandated onshore oil and gas leasing.....
I read somewhere that the lease sale is meaningless unless there is something to force the various Fed departments to issue actual drilling permits. Plus nobody wants to drill even if they can get the permits because they don't know if they will be able to continue to operate and recover their investment.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:50 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:08 pm In Machin going on all the Sunday talk shows and elsewhere, he tried to defend the indefensible about the ginormous tax and spend bill (ex that it wouldn't increase inflation and wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class (lie)) or avoided (like the 87k new IRS agents). Yet strangely, I never heard Manchin tout the below as a reason to support the bill. If you were trying to gain conk support, why not tout the below?
I read somewhere that the lease sale is meaningless unless there is something to force the various Fed departments to issue actual drilling permits. Plus nobody wants to drill even if they can get the permits because they don't know if they will be able to continue to operate and recover their investment.
Indeed - there won't be any further considerable investment in fossil fuels as it's been made clear that at all levels and all steps in the process that they'll be fought and blocked. That was very clear the first day Biden was in office. We've made our bed in that regard. Now we have to deal with the gap between now and when non-fossil fuels will be ready to fully supply the needs we have that fossil fuels were doing. Would be nice to get nuclear going but it's unlikely right now that environmentalists will let that happen. The hiccup with gas prices earlier in the year will just a taste of what's the come in the future as we make this transition. Next decade or so will be chaos in that regard as we do this. Could've been done smoother, but politics got in the way.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:01 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Indeed - there won't be any further considerable investment in fossil fuels as it's been made clear that at all levels and all steps in the process that they'll be fought and blocked. That was very clear the first day Biden was in office. We've made our bed in that regard. Now we have to deal with the gap between now and when non-fossil fuels will be ready to fully supply the needs we have that fossil fuels were doing. Would be nice to get nuclear going but it's unlikely right now that environmentalists will let that happen. The hiccup with gas prices earlier in the year will just a taste of what's the come in the future as we make this transition. Next decade or so will be chaos in that regard as we do this. Could've been done smoother, but politics got in the way.
"could have been done smoother". That's Biden's fucking campaign slogan.