Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:19 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Not really. Biden was running on stuff like making allies like us. Trump never cared about allies liking us, in fact he ran on making them pay their share which everyone knew would piss them off. So who failed? :coffee:
Trump failed. He alienated us from our allies. He destroyed respect for us around the world. We elected an idiot. We lost credibility. Biden didn't run on making allies like us. He ran on making them trust us as reliable. There is a limit to what he can do in that regard because we showed, by virtue of electing somebody like Trump, that it may not be possible to trust us.

Like right now. I guarantee you, the worry of the rest of the world isn't Biden. It's worry about whether or not there are still enough idiots n our population to end up with a situation where Trump or somebody like him is President again.
You really have jumped the shark, John. For a “conservative,” you do a lot of defending of Biden, the Democrats, and Red China. You’re just another left-wing troll. Get some treatment for that OmigawditstrumpCD.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Not really. Biden was running on stuff like making allies like us. Trump never cared about allies liking us, in fact he ran on making them pay their share which everyone knew would piss them off. So who failed? :coffee:
Trump failed. He alienated us from our allies. He destroyed respect for us around the world. We elected an idiot. We lost credibility. Biden didn't run on making allies like us. He ran on making them trust us as reliable. There is a limit to what he can do in that regard because we showed, by virtue of electing somebody like Trump, that it may not be possible to trust us.

Like right now. I guarantee you, the worry of the rest of the world isn't Biden. It's worry about whether or not there are still enough idiots n our population to end up with a situation where Trump or somebody like him is President again.
You blame all this on Trump but it describes Biden perfectly after how he has handled things related to the Afghanistan exit.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:51 pm

You blame all this on Trump but it describes Biden perfectly after how he has handled things related to the Afghanistan exit.
And the Australian submarine deal that squeezed out the French.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:07 pm I’m not sure if the reporters who were there “caught it”

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/10/13 ... da-n422039

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She actually lost her cool at one. But yes…politicians don’t like it when the media doesn’t do their job for them.

That said, I haven’t seen recent polling to suggest the public disagrees all that much with the agenda.
You meant to say Democrats when you said politicians because no Republican ever thinks the media is going to carry their water for them.

And if you think a multi-trillion dollar social spending bill is “popular” then your head is in the sand.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/10/ ... ff-n422198

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm I'll give him 5% - 1% for saying he was going to build the wall, 4% because a small portion got built and 0% for getting Mexico to pay for it. As usual, he was 95% full of sh!t.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
The amount built is infinity greater than that built during Biden or Obama’s presidencies.
I don't care. He said he'd build it and he only built a small fraction of it and Mexico didn't pay for it. Kind of like Biden with building better relations, Trump was full of sh!t regardless of how much more he built compared to another President.

Let's not try and rationalize or justify either Trump or Biden's bullsh!t but just call it what it is - bullsh!t.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:23 pm
kalm wrote:
She actually lost her cool at one. But yes…politicians don’t like it when the media doesn’t do their job for them.

That said, I haven’t seen recent polling to suggest the public disagrees all that much with the agenda.
You meant to say Democrats when you said politicians because no Republican ever thinks the media is going to carry their water for them.

And if you think a multi-trillion dollar social spending bill is “popular” then your head is in the sand.

Exactly. Klam relies on polls showing Americans love all the “free stuff” in the Donk spending package, but recoil with horror when they learn how much it all costs.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 am Let's be honest... he's just continuing... long before him... is he to blame
OK Mr Excusie-cuse.
It's reality - you don't think Obama, Bush, Trump, Clinton, et al pissed off our allies at some point? Besides - isn't a point of pride to not care what our allies think?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:34 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 am

Let's be honest - nobody on the Right should care that he's pissed off Allies...he's just continuing a his predecessors tradition.

But, the supply chain was broken long before him. Perhaps if Biden rolled back those Trump Tariffs, there may be some relief (but then again, we'd miss out on that sweet sweet money those higher tariffs are bringing in.) And is he to blame for murders and people not getting vaccinated or the death rate in general?
Tariffs aren't preventing the ships from docking. That's just a retarded explanation. And yes, he's responsible. He badmouthed the vaccines before he became president and the left's hypocrisy in all things COVID-related has undermined their position at every turn. He (and his ilk) fanned the flames of police hatred, causing mass retirements/quitting on police forces across the country and hundreds and hundreds of police positions unfilled, not to mention their brilliant dollar limit on crimes that allows people to just take whatever the fuck they want and KNOW they're not going to get arrested or prosecuted--too busy having what police are left arrest those who won't wear a mask.
Tariffs are causing higher prices and are but 1 of the causes. It's more than just docking a ship. :roll: :roll: It's a rapid rebound from the pandemic coupled with sky high shipping costs, in addition to the tariffs. A lot of is also the low inventory of shipping containers and those that companies can get are costing more and more. So while we have supply chain issues, the tariffs are causing prices to be higher than they are. It's all connected.

And like you fucking care about badmouthing and hypocrisy NOW..? Get over yourself, you've supported a man that ignored science and lied about it b/c it made him look weak, fanned flames of white supremacist's and hateful organizations to the point that they attacked the Capital. Seriously - that's fucking rich. :tothehand: Please...what a joke. :tothehand:

Don't get me wrong, Biden certainly has a lot of blame and has created a lot of problems we're facing today. But let's try and be objective and realize that the current situations (good and bad) are a culmination of actions from more than just Biden and Trump.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 am
CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:23 pm

Exactly. Klam relies on polls showing Americans love all the “free stuff” in the Donk spending package, but recoil with horror when they learn how much it all costs.
Ummm…good article and it doesn’t really refute what I said.

Americans want climate change addressed. They like the progressive policies in the bill. This trend isn’t going away. EG: Florida passed a $15 minimum wage.

Americans don’t like pork and they want someone else paying for their own pork. This includes conks.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:01 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 am

OK Mr Excusie-cuse.
Thank god I'm not the only one who's noticed! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noticed that I understand these problems didn't suddenly exist on January 20, 2021 at noon? Please. It's a failure of ours. We've allowed our supply chains to be stretched thin. Much of our problems are merely exacerbated by the current Gov't. I'm more than happy and willing to give any net new blame to Biden or whomever, but issues like immigration, the border, supply chain, inflation, etc... all existed long before the last 2 knuckleheads moved into the White House.

Become cynical like me and you'll realize it's the collective failure of the past 40+ years of "governance".
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:59 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
The amount built is infinity greater than that built during Biden or Obama’s presidencies.
I don't care. He said he'd build it and he only built a small fraction of it and Mexico didn't pay for it. Kind of like Biden with building better relations, Trump was full of sh!t regardless of how much more he built compared to another President.

Let's not try and rationalize or justify either Trump or Biden's bullsh!t but just call it what it is - bullsh!t.

Breaking news!

Politicians are full of shit and guided by power!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm Is it an excuse or highlighting that anyone who criticizes Biden for pissing off allies that defended, downplayed or deflected from Trump pissing off allies is a hypocrite?
Both...why can't we admit that both failed?

And again....how many of the conservatives on here that are pearl clutching about pissing off our allies were gleeful when Trump was dong just that? I know quite a few on here saying, " Fuck the French"...and now they have a problem? :tothehand:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm
89Hen wrote:
He at least was building the wall. So he got 50%.
I'll give him 5% - 1% for saying he was going to build the wall, 4% because a small portion got built and 0% for getting Mexico to pay for it. As usual, he was 95% full of sh!t.

I wouldn’t exactly call 450 some miles a small portion. I’ll give the left credit- Between the budget and lawsuits they did prevent it from being built for Trump’s 1st 2 1/2 years or so. And we are currently paying companies millions of dollars a day in taxpayer $$ for several hundred more miles of wall to be built that’s not being built thanks to Biden. But the companies are still being paid because the contracts were signed.

And before anyone says ‘but most of that wasn’t new wall’, if you tear down a dilapidated old small house, and build a new big house where the old one was at, that is a new house, not replacing an exisiting house.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:20 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 am

Americans want climate change addressed. They like the progressive policies in the bill. This trend isn’t going away. EG: Florida passed a $15 minimum wage.

Americans don’t like pork and they want someone else paying for their own pork. This includes conks.
Progressive policies are, by definition, pork. Contrary to your assertion, Americans love pork until they have to pay for it. Something for every left-wing interest group in America in Biden’s bill.Putting all that stuff in one package shows the brokenness of the Congressional appropriations process as well as the collective cost — almost certainly underestimated — of the left’s dream agenda. Nice deflection.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 am

Let's be honest - nobody on the Right should care that he's pissed off Allies...he's just continuing a his predecessors tradition.

But, the supply chain was broken long before him. Perhaps if Biden rolled back those Trump Tariffs, there may be some relief (but then again, we'd miss out on that sweet sweet money those higher tariffs are bringing in.) And is he to blame for murders and people not getting vaccinated or the death rate in general?
Well his party is for the soaring murder rate (Biggest % increase in FBI’s annual UCR ever). Look at which party runs the big cities where these huge increases in murder rates are occurring. They’re the ones who in 2020 passed all the defund and handcuff the police measures.
The Democratic Party's obsession with identity politics and BS like "defund the police' is 100% a problem of their own making. But Biden doesn't have gangs of people going around murdering people. Biden's' policies aren't promoting murder. So when you say Biden is responsible for other people committing murder...I have to assume it's something he's either said or some policy he's implemented. That's why I think it's Bullshit to attribute crime rates to the President. I'd say the same for Trump.

By that logic, Trump is to blame for January 6th. He was the party in power and it were like-minded people running those organizations and storming that building.

Take another thing - the price of oil. Biden has made the problem worst for sure. I'm sure we agree on that.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:33 am

Progressive policies are, by definition, pork. Contrary to your assertion, Americans love pork until they have to pay for it. Something for every left-wing interest group in America in Biden’s bill.Putting all that stuff in one package shows the brokenness of the Congressional appropriations process as well as the collective cost — almost certainly underestimated — of the left’s dream agenda. Nice deflection.
Putting all that stuff was absolutely stupid. :ohno: Bills like this should be clean. You want to add an amendment or something, add it to the Bill recognizing the water moccasins contribution to death metal album covers and NOT an appropriation/ spending bill.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

That’s literally what I was saying.

Don’t disagree on the mechanics of it.

(Even when I agree with you there’s still an argument…somehow.):lol:

Also…pork transcends party.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:33 am Progressive policies are, by definition, pork. Contrary to your assertion, Americans love pork until they have to pay for it. Something for every left-wing interest group in America in Biden’s bill.Putting all that stuff in one package shows the brokenness of the Congressional appropriations process as well as the collective cost — almost certainly underestimated — of the left’s dream agenda. Nice deflection.

It still sure sounds like you are defending 3.5 trillion dollars worth of it. And that’s all it is - pork

Nothing in this bill is going to avert climate change or help the American middle class - and few people really know what’s in it to begin with.

The Republican Study Committee under Jim Banks has published a washdown of many items in the bill. It is obviously a partisan study, but where the money is going and how much money is moving is accurate.

You can be sure that the Dems are not trumpeting any of the details. Why? Because it is simpler to just make claims of what the bill will accomplish than actually providing the “how”.

https://banks.house.gov/uploadedfiles/f ... ation_.pdf

HotAir has a synopsis of the Banks document that sums it up pretty well. There are some items in there that would poll quite low if Americans knew what they were. But that’s how ridiculous government spending happens... we always have to “pass it to find out what’s in it.”

Fortunately, it will not pass, and the coming progressive tantrum (combined with Biden’s failing presidency) is going to exacerbate the midterm bloodbath that is now in the mail.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

I favor the “one bill, one subject” legislative appropriations process that many states have adopted. Make legislators defend every major item in a spending bill with a separate up-or-down vote. No reason that Congress should evade the accountability that state legislators face.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:12 am I favor the “one bill, one subject” legislative appropriations process that many states have adopted. Make legislators defend every major item in a spending bill with a separate up-or-down vote. No reason that Congress should evade the accountability that state legislators face.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... se-bill/46

This bill requires each bill or joint resolution to include no more than one subject and the subject to be clearly and descriptively expressed in the measure's title.

An appropriations bill may not contain any general legislation or change to existing law that is not germane to the subject of the underlying bill.

The bill voids measures or provisions that do not comply with these requirements, including appropriation provisions outside the relevant subcommittee's jurisdiction.
It is currently in committee, which is probably where it will die.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:08 am
kalm wrote:

It still sure sounds like you are defending 3.5 trillion dollars worth of it. And that’s all it is - pork

Nothing in this bill is going to avert climate change or help the American middle class - and few people really know what’s in it to begin with.

The Republican Study Committee under Jim Banks has published a washdown of many items in the bill. It is obviously a partisan study, but where the money is going and how much money is moving is accurate.

You can be sure that the Dems are not trumpeting any of the details. Why? Because it is simpler to just make claims of what the bill will accomplish than actually providing the “how”.

https://banks.house.gov/uploadedfiles/f ... ation_.pdf

HotAir has a synopsis of the Banks document that sums it up pretty well. There are some items in there that would poll quite low if Americans knew what they were. But that’s how ridiculous government spending happens... we always have to “pass it to find out what’s in it.”

Fortunately, it will not pass, and the coming progressive tantrum (combined with Biden’s failing presidency) is going to exacerbate the midterm bloodbath that is now in the mail.

I’m not opposed to the spending. We’ve neglected quite a few things for decades. But I’m sure there are many items in the bill I’d disagree with.

The market is slow to pivot to clean(er) energy. There can also be an ROI on government spending.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Massive, wasteful and short sighted pork that only hurts the people it supposed to "help" in the long run.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:12 am I favor the “one bill, one subject” legislative appropriations process that many states have adopted. Make legislators defend every major item in a spending bill with a separate up-or-down vote. No reason that Congress should evade the accountability that state legislators face.
:thumb: :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:01 am

Thank god I'm not the only one who's noticed! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noticed that I understand these problems didn't suddenly exist on January 20, 2021 at noon? Please. It's a failure of ours. We've allowed our supply chains to be stretched thin. Much of our problems are merely exacerbated by the current Gov't. I'm more than happy and willing to give any net new blame to Biden or whomever, but issues like immigration, the border, supply chain, inflation, etc... all existed long before the last 2 knuckleheads moved into the White House.

Become cynical like me and you'll realize it's the collective failure of the past 40+ years of "governance".
:nod:

The supply chain subject has been in the making for decades. The port fiasco as well.

Good article that fits pretty close to the people I have talked to and what our company is seeing from a supply chain issue. Plenty of charts, data, and blame to go around. When people/unions are actively fighting against improvements to increase efficiency in a port because they can and want more kickbacks, there is a problem that transcends politics.
The Long‐​Term Problems at U.S. Ports
At the same time, however, many of the problems at U.S. ports today result from intentional decisions made years ago—decisions that have caused our port system to badly lag much of the world. According to the 2020 World Bank/​HIS Markit “Container Port Performance Index,” for example, not one U.S. port ranked in the top 50 global ports in terms of getting a ship in and out of a port (see flowchart below), using either a “statistical approach” measuring efficiency and finances or an “administrative approach” reflecting expert knowledge and judgment. The highest ranked U.S. port (statistically) was Philadelphia at 83, with Virginia close behind at 85 and NY/NJ at 89. Oakland came in at 332, while LA/LB ranked a dismal 328 and 333, respectively. (Things are even a little worse using the “administrative approach.”)
https://www.cato.org/commentary/america ... des-making#

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:57 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am

:nod:

The supply chain subject has been in the making for decades. The port fiasco as well.

Good article that fits pretty close to the people I have talked to and what our company is seeing from a supply chain issue. Plenty of charts, data, and blame to go around. When people/unions are actively fighting against improvements to increase efficiency in a port because they can and want more kickbacks, there is a problem that transcends politics.
The Long‐​Term Problems at U.S. Ports
At the same time, however, many of the problems at U.S. ports today result from intentional decisions made years ago—decisions that have caused our port system to badly lag much of the world. According to the 2020 World Bank/​HIS Markit “Container Port Performance Index,” for example, not one U.S. port ranked in the top 50 global ports in terms of getting a ship in and out of a port (see flowchart below), using either a “statistical approach” measuring efficiency and finances or an “administrative approach” reflecting expert knowledge and judgment. The highest ranked U.S. port (statistically) was Philadelphia at 83, with Virginia close behind at 85 and NY/NJ at 89. Oakland came in at 332, while LA/LB ranked a dismal 328 and 333, respectively. (Things are even a little worse using the “administrative approach.”)
https://www.cato.org/commentary/america ... des-making#
Exactly. The real problem, IMO, is Biden continuing the status quo of the last 40+ years. Garbage in / Garbage out.