Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Good article from Greenwald that gets into what Biden is doing with the Saudi's, the double standards the media is always playing, and histrical U.S. foreign policy.

In sum, no hyperbole is required to observe that the Obama/Biden White House — along with their junior British counterparts — was singularly responsible for the ability of the Saudi regime to survive and to wage this devastating war in Yemen. But that is nothing new. The centerpiece of U.S. policy in the Middle East for decades has been to prop up Saudi despots with weapons and diplomatic protection in exchange for the Saudis serving U.S. interests with their oil supply and ensuring the use of the American dollar as the reserve currency on the oil market.

That is what made the hysterical reaction to Trump's reaffirmation of that relationship so nonsensical and deliberately deceitful. Trump was not wildly deviating from U.S. policy by embracing Saudi tyrants but simply continuing long-standing U.S. policy of embracing all sorts of savage despots all over the world whenever doing so advanced U.S. interests. Indeed, what angered the permanent ruling class in Washington was not Trump's policy of embracing the ruling Saudi monarchs, but rather his honesty and candor about why he was doing so. American presidents are not supposed to admit explicitly that they are overlooking the human rights abuses of their allies due to the benefits that relationship provides, even though that amoral, self-interested approach is and for decades has been exactly the foundational ideological premise of the bipartisan U.S. foreign policy class.

But this has been the core propagandistic framework employed by the DC ruling class since Trump was inaugurated. They routinely depicted him as an unprecedentedly monstrous figure who has vandalized American values in ways that would have been unthinkable for prior American presidents when, in fact, he was doing nothing more than affirming decades-old policy, albeit with greater candor, without the obfuscating mask used by American presidents to deceive the public about how Washington functions.

And even if one did insist upon the view that absolutely nothing on the planet is worse than the Russian invasion of Ukraine and that everything must therefore be done to maintain the sanctions regime imposed on Russia, how would that dubious moral claim justify overlooking Saudi atrocities and sending Biden, on his knees, to beg bin Salman for more oil? If suffocating and punishing Russia is the highest moral and strategic priority, why would it not be more prudent and more moral for the U.S. to lift Biden's restrictions on its own domestic drilling as a means of replacing Russian oil, especially if that would avoid the need to further strengthen the Saudi regime?

But herein lies the unique truth-providing value of the U.S. partnership with Saudi Arabia. Of course U.S. foreign policy is not devoted to spreading freedom and democracy and fighting despotism and tyranny in the world. How can a country that counts the Saudi monarchs, the Egyptian military junta, the Qatari slave owners, and the Emirati dictators as its closest partners and allies possibly claim with a straight face that it opposes tyranny and fights wars in order to protect democracy? The U.S. does not care, at all, whether a foreign country is ruled by democracy or tyranny. It cares about one question and one question only: whether the government of that country serves or hinders U.S. interests. Donald Trump's sin was admitting this obvious fact.

It is the great enduring mystery of American and British discourse that the U.S. and UK Governments can still have employees of media corporations genuinely believe that their governments fight wars not to advance their own interests but to defend democracy and fight tyranny — even as these very same media figures watch those very same governments prop up the most repressive tyrannies on the planet and lavish them with weapons, intelligence technologies, and diplomatic protection. Somehow, without the U.S. press batting an eye, Joe Biden can deliver a speech righteously touting his commitment to protect democracy in Ukraine and stop Russian autocracy, and then board a plane the very next minute to go visit Mohammed bin Salman and General Sisi, heralding them as vital American partners, and announce new aid military and intelligence packages to each.

Notably, this self-evidently manipulative propaganda — U.S. foreign policy is devoted to spreading freedom and fighting despotism — works only in the U.S., the UK and various parts of Western Europe. The rest of the world — especially those regions whose democracies have been on the receiving end of the CIA's violence and destabilization efforts — react to such claims not with gullible credulity but scornful laughter. This is why, as The New York Times reported this week, the Biden administration has been encountering increasing levels of resistance around the world for his Ukraine war policies, because most countries understand that what the Western press refuses to acknowledge: namely, that the U.S's motives in Ukraine — whatever they might be — have nothing to do with safeguarding democracy and fighting despotism.
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/joe-bi ... and-highly
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Terrific article. Spot on.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Stock market headed to it’s worst 6-month start to the year since the 1970’s.
Inflation at a 40 year high
About to enter a recession
Fed - largest single rate move since 1994
Gas prices at all time highs
Fuel oil - largest YOY increase in HISTORY
Food shortages - first double digit price increase in 30 years
Baby formula shortages
Pilot shortages
Trucker shortages
Record low savings rates
Record high consumer debt loads as they struggle to survive and pay for shit in Biden’s economy
Border out of control - Migrants dying at record rates
Russia taking over Ukraine
China poised to take over Taiwan
Attempting to delegitimize of of the three branches of government because “we don’t like what they’re saying”

Hey, JSO: When you said Biden was going to break records, were these the things you meant?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:02 am Stock market headed to it’s worst 6-month start to the year since the 1970’s.
Baby formula shortages
Pilot shortages
Trucker shortages
Record low savings rates
Record high consumer debt loads as they struggle to survive and pay for shit in Biden’s economy
Attempting to delegitimize of of the three branches of government because “we don’t like what they’re saying”

Hey, JSO: When you said Biden was going to break records, were these the things you meant?
I don't blame the pilot shortages on Biden. Congress gave billions to the airline industry to keep people employed and the airlines still decided to make life difficult and then cut their workforce. It is what happens when one gives out free money with no strings attached. Which is a reoccurring issue with that industry.

The rest is all on his head (and Congressional idiots that voted for all the pork these last 5 years). Trump also gets some of the blame but only a small part (channeling my inner UNI). And Biden is complaining still about not giving enough money away to people and is thinking about doing another package of some sort.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:32 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:02 am Stock market headed to it’s worst 6-month start to the year since the 1970’s.
Baby formula shortages
Pilot shortages
Trucker shortages
Record low savings rates

I don't blame the pilot shortages on Biden. Congress gave billions to the airline industry to keep people employed and the airlines still decided to make life difficult and then cut their workforce. It is what happens when one gives out free money with no strings attached. Which is a reoccurring issue with that industry.

The rest is all on his head (and Congressional idiots that voted for all the pork these last 5 years). Trump also gets some of the blame but only a small part (channeling my inner UNI). And Biden is complaining still about not giving enough money away to people and is thinking about doing another package of some sort.
How many current pilot shortages are because the airlines felt compelled to follow the government “mandate” of a jab or a job, and many airline employees said “fuck you!”
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baby formula shortages
Pilot shortages
Trucker shortages
Record low savings rates

so.....you're back to the stock market does matter again...? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Baby formula shortages
Pilot shortages
Trucker shortages
Record low savings rates

Stock market has always mattered. To anyone who can rub two dimes together. I realize that excludes you. :thumb:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:29 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Stock market has always mattered. To anyone who can rub two dimes together. I realize that excludes you. :thumb:
You were quick to assert that it didn't matter when it tripled under Obama. :nod:

And I'll take my dimes over yours without even looking. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:50 pm
Yeah, blame America first.......plus ca change...

SDCommielover :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:17 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:29 pm

You were quick to assert that it didn't matter when it tripled under Obama. :nod:

:lol: :lol: Sure thing, homeslice. And I wouldn't trade my dimes OR places with you if my life depended on it. I was in your neck of the woods last week and uh....no thanks. :tothehand: :tothehand:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:58 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:17 am

:lol: :lol: Sure thing, homeslice. And I wouldn't trade my dimes OR places with you if my life depended on it. I was in your neck of the woods last week and uh....no thanks. :tothehand: :tothehand:
I'm not surprised brown and dirt are more your style than green and things growing
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:44 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:32 am

How many current pilot shortages are because the airlines felt compelled to follow the government “mandate” of a jab or a job, and many airline employees said “fuck you!”
That was what I was getting at when I stated "made life difficult". :thumb:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:58 pm
I'm not surprised brown and dirt are more your style than green and things growing
Which proves you’ve never been anywhere near San Antonio. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It’s a lot of things, but brown and dirt are not two of them, unless you’re talking about those of Mexican heritage….that’s the only thing around here that’s brown.

Get out of your fucking bubble every once in a while, spuddawg. There’s a whole world out there for you to see.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm

Which proves you’ve never been anywhere near San Antonio. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It’s a lot of things, but brown and dirt are not two of them, unless you’re talking about those of Mexican heritage….that’s the only thing around here that’s brown.

Get out of your fucking bubble every once in a while, spuddawg. There’s a whole world out there for you to see.
Been to San Antonio and loved it - except for it being arid and dessicated. If I had to live in Texas it would be near New Braunfels. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:47 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm

Been to San Antonio and loved it - except for it being arid and dessicated. If I had to live in Texas it would be near New Braunfels. :coffee:
Oh yeah, that far away ‘burg of New Braunfels….literally a suburb of San Antonio. :rofl: :dunce: :suspicious:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:21 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:47 am

Oh yeah, that far away ‘burg of New Braunfels….literally a suburb of San Antonio. :rofl: :dunce: :suspicious:

Yeah, its dessicated and arid too, but if I had to live in Texas it would be a rural area near NB, San Marcos, Fredricksburg, Kerrville I guess you could say it isn't that dessicated for Texas. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:39 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:21 am

Yeah, its dessicated and arid too, but if I had to live in Texas it would be a rural area near NB, San Marcos, Fredricksburg, Kerrville I guess you could say it isn't that dessicated for Texas. :coffee:
:lol: :lol: Literally looks JUST like southern Illinois, but without all the humidity and assholes.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:42 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:39 am

:lol: :lol: Literally looks JUST like southern Illinois, but without all the humidity and assholes.
Not even close except being at the same elevation

Obviously its you that hasn't been to both areas, or thinks that Champaign is southern Illinois... :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:42 am

Not even close except being at the same elevation

Obviously its you that hasn't been to both areas, or thinks that Champaign is southern Illinois... :coffee:
I was nowhere near Champaign In fact, where I was you could throw a rock and hit the Ohio River. In fact, I crossed OVER the Ohio River about a dozen times during my 6 day stay, traveling between Illinois and Kentucky.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:20 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:50 pm
Yeah, blame America first.......plus ca change...

SDCommielover :ohno:
Yeah not surprised you are ok with the commie style power grab that happened by the gubmint under the guise of stopping the China Virus. :coffee: